Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,479 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles (10237 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Satan Called A Worldwide Convention Of Demons / Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 11, 2007
what some have to endure for the sake of their faith.

[b]Lawyers in Pakistan are investigating a report that up to 30 men tortured and gang-raped a young Christian man for refusing to convert to Islam.

The victim is seriously injured and unable to move, Release International’s partner in Pakistan has reported. However, according to the Centre for Legal Aid Assistance and Settlement (CLAAS) the police are keeping him locked up and have denied him medical treatment.

The police are also refusing to register the rape following a counter-claim made by his principal attacker – “a man of influence”, Release International has told Christian Today.

According to CLAAS, the Christian was invited to a game of cricket. A quarrel broke out and he was beaten up. Later that evening, the father of one of the Muslims asked the Christian over to his house.[/b]

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/man.sexually.assaulted.in.pakistan.after.refusing.to.convert.to.islam/11332.htm
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by skyone(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2007
at least for ones you have a proof. did usman dan fodio finally resurrect grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by teena(f): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2007
Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles

The handwork of an antichrist embarassed

Christians, beware!
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by k9ine(m): 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2007
A time will come when world orders( confederations, country state, the UN, multinationals etc) will try  placing a ban(publication, sale, purchase, sharing, possesing, reading in public places, etc) on the Physical Object of God's Word.
Then it is that which one has in his heart that will carry him/her through.

A word for the wise: READ GOD'S WORD - THE HOLY BIBLE DAILY

God bless us
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2007
nwando:

from France

http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?rep=2&aid=352375&sid=ZNS

my propaganda pass your propaganda!!!! grin

http://www.themodernreligion.com/women/women_why_converting.htm

Why are so many Women converting to Islam?

According to "The Plain Truth", February 1984, in its 50 Year Anniversary Issue, quoting from the "World Almanac and Book of Facts 1935" and "Reader's Digest Almanac and Yearbook 1983", between 1934 and 1984.

Christianity increased 47%
World Population increased 136%
Islam increased 235%

100,000 people per year in America alone, are converting to Islam. For every 1 male convert to Islam, 4 females convert to Islam.

They're discovering the FACTS and not basing their decisions on biased media. They realise they deserve to know the complete unadulterated truth.

1. The Bible Convicts Women as the original Sinners (ie. Eve picking from the forbidden tree){Genesis 2:4-3:24}.

The Koran Clarifies it was Adam Not Eve {Koran 7:19-25}

2. The Bible says "The Birth of a Daughter is a loss" {Ecclesiasticus 22:3}.

The Koran says both are an Equal Blessing {Koran 42:49}

3. The Bible forbids women from speaking in church {I Corinthians 14:34-35}.

The Koran says women can argue with the Prophet {58:1}

4. In the Bible, divorced Women are Labeled as an Adulteress, not men {Matthew 5:31-32}

The Koran does Not have Biblical double standards{Koran 30:21}

5. In The Bible, widows and sisters do not inherit Any property or wealth, only men do {Numbers 27:1-11}

The Koran abolished this male greed {Koran 4:22} and God protects all.

6. The Bible Allows Multiple Wives {I Kings 11:3}

In The Koran, God limits the number to 4 only under certain situations (with the wife's permission)and prefers you marry only one wife {Koran 4:3} The Koran gives the woman the right to choose who to marry.

7. "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives" {Deuteronomy 22:28-30}

One must ask a simple question here, who is really punished, the man who raped the woman or the woman who was raped? According to the Bible, you have to spend the rest of your life with the man who raped you.

The Prophet Muhammad Says {Volume 9, Book 86, Number 101} Narrated by Aisha:"It is essential to have the consent of a virgin (for the marriage)".

Would the Non-Muslim men reading this prefer the Women they know to be Christian or Muslim?

8. The Bible also asks women to wear veils as in Islam {I Corinthians 11:3-10}

9. Women were given rights to Vote less than a 100 years ago in the (US), while the Koran gave women voting rights almost 1,500 years ago.

hmm must be by force . . .

http://www.arabicnews.com/ansub/Daily/Day/070113/2007011304.html

Rise in Germans converting to Islam
Regional-Germany, Religion, 1/13/2007

There has been a surge in the number of Germans converting to Islam, the weekly Der Spiegel today cited an Interior Ministry-sponsored study.

Around 4,000 Germans converted to Islam between July 2004 and June 2005 which is four times as many as in the prior space of time, said the study which was conducted by the Islam-Archive Central Institute, based in the western town of Soest.

The head of the German Islam think-tank, Salim Abdullah pointed out that that most of those who converted to Islam, have been women and well-educated.

According to a Berlin-based Muslim leader Mohammad Herzog, there are various motives for the sharp rise in the number of converts, saying many have been former devout Christians who had cast doubts about their faith.

Meanwhile a sociologist of religion, Monika Wohlrab-Sahr, pointed out that many potential converts view Islam "a very genuine alternative." Interestingly enough, whenever the German media steps up its attack on Islam, more people convert to Islam than in normal years, Abdullah said.

Based on statistics released by the Islam-Archive Central Institute in May 2005, some 14,352 out of 3.5 million Muslims in Germany are of German-origin.

hmm. . .
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by babs787(m): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2007
Let me add this

Marriage by force by fire

Deuteronomy 25 v 5: If brothers dwell together and one of them dies and has no son, the wife of the dead shall not be married outside of the family to a stranger, her husband's brother shall go into her, and take her as his wife.

WHAT IF HE REFUSES??

Deuteronomy 25 v 7: and if the man does not wish to take his brother's wife then his brother's wife shall go up to the gate of the elders and say: 'my husband's brother refuses to perpetuate his brother's name in Israel, then the elders of his city shall call him.

And if he persists. Then his brother's wofe shall go up to him in the presence of the elders and pull his sandal off to his foot and spit in his face and shll answer and say; 'so it shall be done to the man who does not build up his brother's house. And the name of his house shall be called in Israel. The house of him that had his sandal pulled off.

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME THE MORAL BEHIND THE STORY?

{Deuteronomy 22:28-30}: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and assaults her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives"

It means that the girl must love him by force by fire

Voodoo and Superstition in the Bible:

Leviticus 14 v

49 To purify the house he is to take two birds and some cedar wood, scarlet yarn and hyssop.

50 He shall kill one of the birds over fresh water in a clay pot.

51 Then he is to take the cedar wood, the hyssop, the scarlet yarn and the live bird, dip them into the blood of the dead bird and the fresh water, and sprinkle the house seven times.

52 He shall purify the house with the bird's blood, the fresh water, the live bird, the cedar wood, the hyssop and the scarlet yarn.

53 Then he is to release the live bird in the open fields outside the town. In this way he will make atonement for the house, and it will be clean."

Please, how is the killing of any bird and use of cedar wood supposed to physically clean or purify any house? It is clear that this is a voodoo and superstitious practice.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Gmoney5(m): 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2007
If you think it will happen. You better cram the bible fast!

Proverbs 7:
1MY SON, keep my words; lay up within you my commandments [for use when needed] and treasure them.
2Keep my commandments and live, and keep my law and teaching as the apple (the pupil) of your eye.
3Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by babs787(m): 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2007
@pilgrim

I thought it is muslims that have been deflecting topics but here we are seeing christian doing same, distracting topics and muslims have been following suit.

This should be christianity game now!!! Are you going to eat your words because your sister disgraced you by changing topic?

Read more of your post here.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-84252.0.html
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by nooru1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2007
no worry darlings,
the BIBLE will again be written. the BIBLE ; you read today too isnt the true word of GOD. Basically it should not be of grave importance. grin grin grin grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by jerrymania(m): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2007
Ban on Bibles will make more people live a more liberal life.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by pilgrim1(f): 12:33am On Oct 12, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrim

I thought it is muslims that have been deflecting topics but here we are seeing christian doing same, distracting topics and muslims have been following suit.

This should be christianity game now!!! Are you going to eat your words because your sister disgraced you by changing topic?

Read more of your post here.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-84252.0.html

My dear babs787, you had only hoped that I would 'eat back my words'. . but sorry, your islamic games did not start today, and I've noted that many times before.

If the call for you to remain focused on the topic of a thread gets you raving, what's the worry? grin It's all the same thing - you guys tried that game with me, but then it so happened that it became your worst nightmare when it didn't work on me. I knew you were waiting until after Ramaddan to come back on the Forum with the same games. Just take style crawl back to your errand boys and let them know that the fasting for more games on pilgrim.1 is not working at all.

Cheers.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by pilgrim1(f): 12:34am On Oct 12, 2007
nooru1:

no worry darlings,
the BIBLE will again be written. the BIBLE ; you read today too isnt the true word of GOD. Basically it should not be of grave importance. grin grin grin grin

Dear nooru,

Which Bible did Muhammad read during his time? grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 12, 2007
In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity. These numbers are very large indeed ?,

The lord is worthy to be praised
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 12, 2007
It's amazing that Islamic sites tell us how Christians are coming to allah ( I wonder where they are) and an islamic mullah also cries that 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity from Islam.

I smell a rat lipsrsealed
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 3:11am On Oct 12, 2007
Roughly 42% of the total Muslim population in the US are African-Americans. This amounts to about 2.1 million people. For many years of the twentieth century the primary form of Islam that they embraced was that of the Nation of Islam

didn't know nation of Islam is now an accepted sect by muslims according to Oyb

Muslims in the United States are primarily African-American converts and immigrant Muslims from all over the Islamic world. Nevertheless a small percentage of Anglo-Americans have also converted

Islam is gaining most of its U.S. converts in prisons and on university campuses. The majority of American converts to Islam—85 to 90 percent—are black. Of the estimated 6 million Muslims in the U.S., 2.6 million are black
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by ebony4life(f): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2007
that would be after the coming of christ and not before,

True talk

Let me add this

Marriage by force by fire

Deuteronomy 25 v 5: If brothers dwell together and one of them dies and has no son, the wife of the dead  shall not be married outside of the family to a stranger, her husband's brother shall go into her, and take her as his wife.

WHAT IF HE REFUSES??

Deuteronomy 25 v 7: and if the man does not wish to take his brother's wife then his brother's wife shall go up to the gate of the elders and say: 'my husband's brother refuses to perpetuate his brother's name in Israel,  then the elders of his city shall call him.

And if he persists. Then his brother's wofe shall go up to him in the presence of the elders and pull his sandal off to his foot and spit in his face and shll answer and say; 'so it shall be done to the man who does not build up his brother's house. And the name of his house shall be called in Israel. The house of him that had his sandal pulled off.

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME THE MORAL BEHIND THE STORY?

{Deuteronomy 22:28-30}: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and assaults her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives"

It means that the girl must love him by force by fire

This was under law, but now we are in the era of grace which is more dangerous, because during the time of law it was pay 4 ur sins as you go, but during the grace era it is just piling up.

Mind you, those that died during the time of law was given a second chance, when Jesus was nailed on the cross, he collected the key from hell and gave those there the chance to be re-saved.

BUT After Death of Christ

[b]If you die with sin you go just land 4 Hell fire Gbam![/b

@ oyb

That was also in the time of the law.
We are all heirs in the kingdom of God, 
'I old pass you'  no dey Heaven, you and ur grandpapa go dey same level.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by babs787(m): 11:06am On Oct 12, 2007
@pilgrim

My dear babs787, you had only hoped that I would 'eat back my words'. . but sorry, your islamic games did not start today, and I've noted that many times before.

If the call for you to remain focused on the topic of a thread gets you raving, what's the worry? It's all the same thing - you guys tried that game with me, but then it so happened that it became your worst nightmare when it didn't work on me. I knew you were waiting until after Ramaddan to come back on the Forum with the same games. Just take style crawl back to your errand boys and let them know that the fasting for more games on pilgrim.1 is not working at all.

Cheers.

No need for your ranting. You accused muslims of diverting topic in other thread but here your sister did what you accused muslims of. Dont you have anything to say to that rather than going round in circles. You know that babs is always here for you anytime his attention is needed.

The topic still is: Imagine a worldwide ban on bibles.

Dear nooru,

Which Bible did Muhammad read during his time?

Do you want us to go into history and corruption of the bible again?
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by babs787(m): 11:12am On Oct 12, 2007
@ebony4life

This was under law, but now we are in the era of grace which is more dangerous, because during the time of law it was pay 4 your sins as you go, but during the grace era it is just piling up.

What grace are you referring to? Please explain the above clearly.

Mind you, those that died during the time of law was given a second chance, when Jesus was nailed on the cross, he collected the key from hell and gave those there the chance to be re-saved.

Where did he collect the key, who gave him the key, who nailed him to the cross or tied to a stake?

@ oyb

That was also in the time of the law.
We are all heirs in the kingdom of God,  
'I old pass you'  no dey Heaven, you and your grandpapa go dey same level.

Have you come across a verse in the bible where Jesus said that he didnt come to annul the law etc?
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by skyone(m): 11:18am On Oct 12, 2007
if we can have RCCG in Pakistan and Kuwait plus the fact that bible is allowed in Baghdad i'm afraid this topic is meaningless,  angry
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2007
its then that our bible quoters will show themselves.remember there was no bible in old testament times.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by KAG: 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2007
olrotimi:

its then that our bible quoters will show themselves.remember there was no bible in old testament times.

Yeah, because Christians and Christianity hadn't yet arisen. They - the Jews - did have the Tanakh, though.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by segun4God(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2007
It can't be possible God will not allow that , if they plan it i tell you it will not work.
SHALLOM!!
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by A40(m): 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2007
It simply cant happen
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by mrpataki(m): 2:42pm On Oct 12, 2007
@ babs,
Can you please tell us which bible did MO read in his time? And where is it today?
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by babs787(m): 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2007
@mrpataki

@ babs,
Can you please tell us which bible did MO read in his time? And where is it today?

I thought Pilgrim said that it is Muslims that have been diverting topics shocked. Hope you are not trying to do that and if you, please let me know the version Jesus used because some verses do not agree, some are missing in some versions. Let me know the one he used out of the books comprising NT and let me have your proof that the supposed authors really wrote the chapters of the bible.

Cheers grin grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by babs787(m): 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2007
@mrpataki

@ babs,

I thought Pilgrim said that it is Muslims that have been diverting topics shocked. Hope you are not trying to do that and if you, please let me know the version Jesus used because some verses do not agree, some are missing in some versions. Let me know the one he used out of the books comprising NT and let me have your proof that the supposed authors really wrote the chapters of the bible.

Cheers grin grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by mrpataki(m): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2007
babs787:

@mrpataki

Cheers grin grin
Sorry you met me at the wront timing. Am just on my way off to bible study now. I intentionally quoted you as shown above so that you will not come and modify your posts after I am gone.

Did you not read my simple question? Are you dull of comprehension You are the only reason why I am still a bit vibrant on this forum.

I will be back for you soon. grin grin grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by WesleyanA(f): 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2007
can't imagine it.
undecided
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by fuzek: 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2007
Y'all dat are cryin abt xtians convertin to islam. . .u wouldn't know tho' wink
it's just scriptures fulfilling itself wink Hell has increased its coast twice as large tongue wink
grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by babs787(m): 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2007
@mrpataki

[[b]quote]@mrpataki
I thought Pilgrim said that it is Muslims that have been diverting topics . Hope you are not trying to do that and if you, please let me know the version Jesus used because some verses do not agree, some are missing in some versions. Let me know the one he used out of the books comprising NT and let me have your proof that the supposed authors really wrote the chapters of the bible.[/b]Cheers  

Sorry you met me at the wront timing. Am just on my way off to bible study now. I intentionally quoted you as shown above so that you will not come and modify your posts after I am gone.
[/quote]

No way for that. I dont do that.

[quote]Did you not read my simple question? Are you dull of comprehension  You are the only reason why I am still a bit vibrant on this forum.

No need to react that way, we are friends dude cheesy. Now, I understood your perfectly. You asked for the bible Muhammed read during his time and I asked to let us start from the bible Jesus used, the version he used ( note that some verses are missing in some and some verses are saying contradictory things), was he given the NT i.e from Mathew to Revelation or some added to it, are the authors really the real authors? When you supply the above plus the one earlier sent to you, we will know the one that Muhammed read.

I love seeing you here dude. grin grin

I will be back for you soon.  

Will be here waiting for you.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Ascony(m): 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2007
Hmmmm , A WORLD WIDE BAN ON BIBLES? THAT WILL BE THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT THAT WOULD EVER BE MADE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. ITS HIGH TIME WE DO AWAY WITH THAT SILLY OLD BOOK. A BOOK THAT IS FULL OF ERRORS, FALLACIES AND OUTREGEOUS FLAWS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, LET ALONE ALLOWING IT TO ENDURE MORE FURTHER. IF YOU HAVE STUDIED THE BIBLE VERY WELL, U WILL UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A BOOK THAT MUST BE BANNED.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Loyalty(m): 2:06am On Oct 13, 2007
ppl like nwando should be banned from the world,when simple question are being asked u try to be funny, u started this whole christian/muslim thing and most of your post are simillar, for what u said about the prophet giving usman dan fodio a hi five from the grave, i must say i invoke the wrath of Allah swt upon you, u shall never find peace within your heart.beheading is the best solution to ppl like u, once more may Allah's anger shower uponyou!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief / Christ Holy Church Aka Odozi-obodo: Share Your Experience Or Views / "Why Couldn't God Forgive Satan?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.