Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together (2867 Views)

Stunts Ladies Who Are 25+ Shouldn't Be Pulling / Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex / My Girlfriend Says We Not Having Babies(see Reasons Why) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Azizmii(m): 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2012
A
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by ronkebp(f): 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2012
If you think you are not meant to be then don't go with the marraige, most times the answers lies with us, we only get comfirmation from others.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Cuddlemii: 9:25pm On Jan 19, 2012
If you are a true believer of your religion then you should not take stuffs like these for granted.

A lot of people would have loved to have prior warning before going into a marriage so count yourself lucky. I suggest you heed to the advice given so you don't regret your actions in future. I know moslim clerics calculate stuffs with name, age etc to determine if the couples star match or not, if they would live long, make money or have kids. Also to determine if the couples fall into the category of water, wind and fire for compatibility so don't play with such revelations. Its possible both of you are not destined for each other so don't re-write, over-write or cheat destiny. Let it go & best of luck. You can seek second opinion from her church pastor or any genuine man of God.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Araboy(m): 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2012
Don't listen  to  those muslim clerics and their fatwas   why you even want their views when u know they are ignorant

and bigot I hate Saudi Arabia for training those idiots imams when  will they  change ?

Quran stated clearly a muslim man can marry a jewish or christian woman what else u want ?

Quran called them people of the book and not infidels what else you want ?

Bro u need to learn your Deen and stay away from those folks and their BS angry
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by 25omega(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2012
Azizmii:

I am really in a dilemma. I am a muslim and I have been dating a Christian girl for over 2 years.

To us, difference in religion is not an issue as my mum is a Christian and we have lived happily. But her parents are against it. We have also been told by four different clerics that we are not meant to be.

I am confused now and don't know what to do. I kindly request your opinions.

Thanks.
i didn't know clerics which im interpreting as imams saw visions Dude why are you seeking these peoples advice when they dont even know the woman like you do? you have to live with you have to have kids with her you have to grow old with her.
all these know it all mofos would be dead long after you have built your happy home. The important thing is to be sure that this is a woman you can and are willing to wake up to until the day God calls you back.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Mynd44: 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2012
Perhaps you did not pay the clerics enough
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by kambili190: 9:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
if you and your girlfriend get on well, then don't listen to others.
I know clerics may be intimidating but they are just human and they make mistakes, too.
it's your life and your decision.
i appreciate it when people from different religious backgrounds understand and love each other. you may set an example for the future generations like your parents have done that TOLERANCE AND RESPECT and most of all LOVE is all that counts. life would be so much more peaceful if people respected each other's religious and / or ethnic backgrounds.
i wish you the best of luck.
listen to your heart. you always take a risk when you marry. you never know how your marriage will turn out. i wish you strength to overcome all obstacles that people put in your and your girlfriend's way.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Mynd44: 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
Try going back to those clerics with envelops filled with money.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Azizmii(m): 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2012
A
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Mynd44: 10:23pm On Jan 19, 2012
Azizmii:

I appreciate everyone's comment on the above but would like to add a little detail.

The clerics mentioned are pastors. Her parents consulted one, she consulted two, while a close friend of mine took it upon herself and consulted the last.

And this is what we cann DIVISION OF LABOUR
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2012
Like somebody said u understand your girlfriend more than anybody.if u love yourselves and would allow each other to practice your religion without interferance.pls go ahead and get married.life is too short to throw away an opporunity to love and be loved.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by claremont(m): 11:34pm On Jan 19, 2012
If I were you, I will tell the so-called clerics to f-uck off!
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 20, 2012
damn clerics, get your life!! angry angry
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by afrobaby(f): 9:54am On Jan 20, 2012
Did u say clerics, what is God saying. My bible makes me understand that he who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtain favour from the Lord, I never saw any clause like a destined or matched wife, it was he WHO FINDS A WIFE, hence, u are the one that will find a wife, and automatically u can tap into the favour, most clerics lie about what they dont know, that is the truth, a friend of mine, married now, was once at an alfa's place to consult about aguy she was dating that, lo and behold, after dropping the money they collect, the alfa told her that the guy is her husband and he can see it clearly both of them getting married, that the guy can never leave her, alas, 4 days later, the guy stopped calling, and eventually told her it is over. Also, a friend of mine consulted a white garment church cleric who told her that the very first guy that comes to meet her after the prayer session they offered her is her husband, blindly, the lady took to dia instruction, let me not deceive u, the lady is regretting ever marrying that man,
I know there are stilll good cleric wo may see visions etc, but the only one I want to hear from is God himself, since he knows me and my partner more than anyone.
My dear , just pray about it seriously, and trust God, he will give u an answer
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by pendo89(f): 11:40am On Jan 20, 2012
Azizmii:

I appreciate everyone's comment on the above but would like to add a little detail.

The clerics mentioned are pastors. Her parents consulted one, she consulted two, while a close friend of mine took it upon herself and consulted the last.

Mynd_44:

And this is what we cann DIVISION OF LABOUR

grin grin

Take ur time and move slow. There are too many people involved here already.You need a sober mind.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by kpolli(m): 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2012
The clerics wud surely say ur not meant to be cos ur a muslim. . . . In some situations, clerics should not be consulted undecided
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by freecocoa(f): 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2012
OP please get real,don't tell me you think there's a time a pastor will encourage a christian to marry a muslim,duh!
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Scash(f): 1:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
Honestly speaking, u have no bussiness being wit each other if FOUR clerics said u re nt meant to be.
The two of u might love each other so much u wonder wat could ever go wrong. No one knows tomorow. . . U might end up hating urself at the end of the day.
The relationshp is already avin problems frm d girls family. . . Fimd som1 els. Fakut
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by kelz88(f): 1:14pm On Jan 20, 2012
You must have been doubting the relationship for you to go and seek advice from people.

Follow your heart.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by kpolli(m): 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^^ and if he finds another person, marries her and regrets doing that, He then ends up going back to this one and they start an affair, wat wud u then say. . . . Ppl should be allowed to make their choices themselves. . . . Those clerics wud not defend u on judgement day. . .  All man wud answer for himself, the choice is urs
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by bknight: 1:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
Why r they all going on errands they were not sent. I dnt trust ppl who r quick to run to one pastor to anoda, I thnk I fear more for u
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by kelz88(f): 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nigerians are fond of second-guessing their relationships and seeking opinion from elsewhere-especially from so-called religious leaders. Like they know it all. Like they're God or something.

These people are not getting married to the girl, you are!

Plus if the relationship is destined to fail as they are implying, then why didn't they see vision years ago, when you guys got together??
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Arosa(m): 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2012
@ Op, in marriage you cant have it all, its ether you are married to a witch, thief or a prostitute. so what did the clerics give as a reason not to marry your GF? lipsrsealed
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Cuddlemii: 5:39am On Jan 21, 2012
Clerics or no clerics, what happens if after they get married and then something terrible happens. If there are so many complications(i.e difference in religion, parents are against it and there r premonitions from 4 clerics that they r not meant for each other) then I suggest he thinks it through thoroughly before embarking on d contract inform of marriage so that his story won't be a case of had I known, oh Nland advised me wrongly and I was warned blah blah blah. Why are they even making inquiries here and there, this shows indecisiveness which means all the parties involved are not confident of the credibility of the marriage or the survival of the marriage.

Op should take his time and weigh his options. It might not even be a case of the clerics but think of the religious rivalry that could spring up in the future between their parents or when choosing the religion that their own children would embrace. I still remember that movie, not without my daughter acted by Sally Field. Op has some intense decisions to make.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Mynd44: 7:39am On Jan 21, 2012
Ask yourself only one question. Who is gonna live with the woman you ar the clerics?
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 21, 2012
Forget all these postulations. It is simply impossible for a pastor to tell a Christian to marry a moslem
freecocoa:

OP please get real,don't tell me you think there's a time a pastor will encourage a christian to marry a muslim,duh!
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Idowuogbo(f): 8:47am On Jan 21, 2012
Poster are u a believer? y are u jumping up and down neighbourhoods in search of a silver rat,If u consulted me sef as I b trainee cleric I would instantly tell you u guys are a tricky situation and demand more money to break d bad spirit responsible loool.Jokes apart u guys are a tool,its obvious 1s a muslim and d other a christian d cleric would say u not meant to b na,it doesn't take a genius to no dier feedbacks.Both of u need to stop all dis cleric business,take it to ur Gods in prayer don't u believe prayers opens d door to his presence u bera focus on ur relationship and have faith that all will be well.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by emofine2(f): 9:46am On Jan 21, 2012
Azizmii:

I am really in a dilemma. I am a muslim and I have been dating a Christian girl for over 2 years.

To us, difference in religion is not an issue as my mum is a Christian and we have lived happily. But her parents are against it. We have also been told by four different clerics that we are not meant to be.

I am confused now and don't know what to do. I kindly request your opinions.

Thanks.

You're a Muslim. She's a Christian.

. . .and according to the Holy Bible a believer cannot be "unequally yoked"

. . .according to the Holy Quaran a male believer is permitted to marry any woman from the people of the Book i.e Christian.

So which way do you believers thus go (providing you're strong believers of course)?

Her God and his righteous men forbids it.

Your God and your family permits it.

To be fair, this is perhaps what her Christian parents and clerics are dreading. Despite your mother being Christian you were perhaps raised a Muslim (unless you chose of your own accord). From the lady's nearest and dearest point of view, the staple religion in your matrimonial home is very likely to be Islam and perhaps the potential children of you both. If she marries you she would have thus compromised herself.

But I wonder how much you value your faith and how important is she to you? (and vice versa)

What if a fifth cleric said Yes, would you two feel vindicated despite the heavy "No's" from four other clerics?

Are you going to keep going to clerics until one eventually says "Yes"?

If an Imam says Yes and a Cleric says No what will happen? Maybe you should consult a Rabbi - tongue

afrobaby:

My dear , just pray about it seriously, and trust God, he will give u an answer

Sorry but who is he praying to? He is a Muslim she is a Christian, so are they both gonna ask their individual God to intercede in this matter? What if one God say's no and the other yes (technically is the case as of now) which God should they abide by?

Marriage is only the beginning because I suspect (if they both not strong believers anyway) that they will meet at many a crossroads. . .but I am surprised that a Muslim man went to seek consultation from clerics anyway. Azizmii, was you considering getting married in a church or you just wanted the blessing of her folks?

@OP anyway "God is love" and all that or am I confusing the religions here tongue . . .best of luck!
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by Mynd44: 10:16am On Jan 21, 2012
As long as there is Love, you don't need to worry about what some cleric says about the two of you
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by tpia5: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2012
I am a muslim and I have been dating a Christian girl for over 2 years.

But her parents are against it. We have also been told by four different clerics that we are not meant to be.

which cleric will say yes?

her parents also wont agree since they're christians.

most people will be afraid for the future because she may be forced to convert and also, you might decide to become more religious and go to mecca, take other wives, etc.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by drnoel: 11:34am On Jan 21, 2012
What do clerics know about relationships. A person that has pledges his vows to celibacy has nothing 2 tell me or anyone 4 that matter about relationships.
Re: Four Clerics Says We Shouldn't Be Together by tpia5: 11:42am On Jan 21, 2012
^^not catholic clerics.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lack Of Romance & Intimacy In My Marriage / Have Women Of Today Lost Their Usefulness? / How High Is Your IQ? Look At This Photo, Shake Your Head & Tell Us What You See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.