Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? (5174 Views)

Should I Give My Ex Another Chance Or Continue With My New Girlfriend? / Must I Give Her Transport Fare Every Time She Visits? / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by LaParisienne(f): 10:30am On Jan 20, 2012
He is my first and only true love. He was my rock, and he stood by me through some of the toughest times in my life. We dated for 2 years and broke up about a year ago. The break up was painful for both of us.

We've always had our cultural differences(I'm Nigerian, he's German). But the main reason why we broke up was his phobia for long term commitment. He dreaded the word "marriage" like a plaque. He wanted us to be partners with kids but not married. And I said no.

Recently he's been acting all nice, checking on me regularly and sending gifts. We had a long chat yesterday and he wants me back. Said he has changed his mind about commitment. I asked why the change of mind now, and he said that then his Msc was really demanding and he wasn't thinking well. Now that he's done and has gotten a job, his priorities have changed.

Should I believe him? When men say they don't want to get married, they hardly change their mind. I'm kinda worried.

Pls drop your opinions. Matured and responsible people only. . .Tnx

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Dyt(f): 11:08am On Jan 20, 2012
he s realized he lost a gem, if u still love him, get back n seal things

1 Like

Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Sijo01(f): 11:36am On Jan 20, 2012
^ seconded!

some guys hardly think straight if dey wanna get a degree
but since he's done, i bliv he's 4real now
giv him anoda chance if u still luv him.

Cheers!
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by LaParisienne(f): 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
Thx Dyt and Sijo.

Nobody thinks otherwise?
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Dyt(f): 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2012
chuckles
mayb he misses ur punny den n d way u handle his d1ck n balls
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by LaParisienne(f): 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
Dyt:

chuckles
mayb he misses ur punny den n d way u handle his d1ck n balls
LWKMD

Maybe. Maybe not.
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by bekay911(f): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
Well its up to u. But as for me i dnt think he still wants a long term commitment, he just misses ur company and d gud tym n d fond memories.
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by ng4am(f): 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2012
The breakup was good. Now i will say he really knows what he wants. Give him a chance. Change is constant.

1 Like

Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by LaParisienne(f): 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
Insightful responses so far. But I'm wondering why the guys are silent on this

1 Like

Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Puvguy: 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
I'm usually an apostle of not going back to exes but this case is different. A year is a long time for him to change.
If it were earlier, I would have advised you to be weary. However, I still think you guys are different and this may come
back to bite you in future. Try pray over it.

It's still your decision to make as women are not wired logically.

Godspeed!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]La Parisienne my dear i understood how u feeling - everyone deserves a second chance. But you also need to honor the voice inside your head that is afraid of being hurt by this guy again--that voice is there to protect you. Since I don't have all the details about what went down between you two during that first breakup, it's best for you to use that voice as a guide. (( That is if u still love him )) - Don't rush back into a relationship just because he's gotten over whatever went down the first time. I huge u should find good time together and talk it out in a silent place -so, know if he's really back for u and ready to marry u as he said .

The two of you need to resolve the trust issues that exist between you in a mature way, and the best way to do that is to take things slowly and not rush into dating again. . . but , u can keep him if your inner heart convince he's really back for u and never to return or hurt u and your desire to build the relationship . wink
[/size]

1 Like

Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
The fear of commitment is a big thing. You don't want someone who'll just be stringing you along and not wanting to commit. He said he has changed and that could be true. Only you know him best. If you give him another chance and start having doubts once more, then you should take the cue. Don't be afraid to go with your instincts and do what's best for you.
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by kelz88(f): 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
Dude sounds like he's being for real. I don't see any reason to doubt him-yet.

But you guys shouldn't be focusing on marriage and all that. Just chill and enjoy the new relationship and see how it goes.
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by feminineA: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2012
Give him another chance am sure he still occupies a place in ur heart. His change seems genuine.but the major thing is ur happiness is key
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]My dear you shouldn' conclude on that kind of statement -- saying dude sound like he's for real i wonder if u ever know him before? grin anyway , one can never tell the author of the thread knows best i believe if he's real with all the responds so far he'll learn how .

really wish their relationship goes well again and more stronger . . . ^^ smiley
[/size]

kelz88:

Dude sounds like he's being for real. I don't see any reason to doubt him-yet.

Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by kelz88(f): 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2012
Duhhh. . . . .hence the "yet". I'm only going by the info OP has given.
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]he he he^^ cheesy cheesy cheesy i just hope so ooh -- According to the poster info i scent she really need to settle down with a lifetime partner . errrr. . . one year is not late though . . . wink
[/size]
kelz88:

Duhhh. . . . .hence the "yet". I'm only going by the info OP has given.
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by richy5(m): 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nah friendly match he wan play jor, Like somebody do??
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by LaParisienne(f): 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]La Parisienne my dear i understood how u feeling - everyone deserves a second chance. But you also need to honor the voice inside your head that is afraid of being hurt by this guy again--that voice is there to protect you. Since I don't have all the details about what went down between you two during that first breakup, it's best for you to use that voice as a guide. (( That is if u still love him )) - Don't rush back into a relationship just because he's gotten over whatever went down the first time.  I huge u should find good time together and talk it out in a silent place  -so, know if he's really back for u and ready to marry u as he said .

The two of you need to resolve the trust issues that exist between you in a mature way, and the best way to do that is to take things slowly and not rush into dating again. . . but , u can keep him if your inner heart convince he's really back for u and never to return or hurt u and your desire to build the relationship . wink
[/size]

He has never hurt me. He just didn't want to get married then and I respected his judgement, that's why I ended it. The break up was painful cos we truly loved each other, but it wasn't messy with catfights.

The grass hasn't really been greener on the other side for me either lol. I've thoroughly searched my heart, still have love for him. If I decide to give him another chance, I'll take my time before commiting again.

Tnx people kiss. More responses are welcomed.
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by LaParisienne(f): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2012
@richy:

Nah friendly match he wan play jor, Like somebody do??

Huh
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by ThisisCee(f): 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2012
Ofcourse! Give him another chance dearie
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]I was like him refusing not to marry u then hurts your heart somehow -- of course it does hurt u because marriage is what u need my dear . nice to see he's not that type of man that mess around the hood with other damsels . Now, i huge u should sting to him if u really LOVE each other . . . try to express yourself so profound about what u think to him .

Yeah --- this second chance you've given him i believe you'll see the great difference i strongly believe dear friend . grin grin -- bonne chance a vous wink
[/size]
La Parisienne:

He has never hurt me. He just didn't want to get married then and I respected his judgement, that's why I ended it. The break up was painful cos we truly loved each other, but it wasn't messy with catfights.

The grass hasn't really been greener on the other side for me either lol. I've thoroughly searched my heart, still have love for him. If I decide to give him another chance, I'll take my time before commiting again.

Tnx people kiss. More responses are welcomed.

Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]I support --- cheesy cheesy[/size]

This-is Cee:

Ofcourse! Give him another chance dearie
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Dyt(f): 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2012
nooooo
dont give him anoda chance
he s a bad man
he jst wants 2 use u
chase him off
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by LaParisienne(f): 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2012
Dyt:

nooooo
he s a bad man
he jst wants 2 use u
chase him off
Lol babe, I know you wish me well
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by LaParisienne(f): 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]I was like him refusing not to marry u then hurts your heart somehow -- of course it does hurt u because marriage is what u need my dear .  nice to see he's not that type of man that mess around the hood with other damsels . Now, i huge u should sting to him if u really LOVE each other . . . try to express yourself so profound about what u think to him .

Yeah --- this second chance you've given him i believe you'll see the great difference i strongly believe dear friend . grin grin -- bonne chance a vous  wink
[/size]
Gotcha, thx.

Autrement dire, tu est en France non?
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]D. Y .T darling u are kidding me here  --- anyway , i already read your previous comment u didn't sound like this . unless u are seeking my attention  now u got it  grin grin

how are u doing been a while now u didn't care to chat with me?  wink
[/size]

Dyt:

nooooo
he s a bad man
he jst wants 2 use u
chase him off
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Dyt(f): 2:47pm On Jan 20, 2012
op u want harsh responses na

ogaga darlin, u ran away frm me jor
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:50pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]Mon plaisir mon cher ami, oui je vis en France. J'ai connu, vous pouvez parler FRANÇAIS comme moi LOL  grin grin wink[/size]

La Parisienne:

Gotcha, thx.

Autrement dire, tu est en France non?
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by LaParisienne(f): 2:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Mon plaisir mon cher ami, oui je vis en France. J'ai connu, vous pouvez parler FRANÇAIS comme moi LOL  grin grin wink[/size]

D'accord.

Dyt followed you here, pls give her attention grin
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]oh no darling dunno even think so i didn't run from u nahh grin  --- was like u went on leave or kinda too busy in some other threads out there . how about meeting me on facebook I'll be so pleased to meet u there u know quit alright here is to open. . . darling i care so much i didn't really run away -- common , u knpw that can't happen  kiss kiss wink[/size]

Dyt:

ogaga darlin, u ran away frm me jor
Re: 1 Year Later, Should I Give Him Another Chance? by cynthiafred67(f): 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2012
I think u should give him a second chance if you really love him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Babe And Her Cleavage(photos) / Imagine Your Sister Carrry This Guy Come House Saying That He Is Fiance PICS / I'm Damm Frustrated And Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.