Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights (56196 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Some Victims Of Maiduguri Multiple Bomb Blast / BREAKING News! Kano Under Boko Haram Attack, 4 Killed / Breaking News: Kano Under Attack Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by NegroNtns(m): 1:02am On Jan 21, 2012
BTW what the hell is a "Mental ret.ard" ? Are you a penile  ret.ard? I know r3tards are mentally challenged. So please explain "mental retards".

English tutor wants to instruct on the proper use of grammar but lacks knowledge in application.  Retard, pull back, drag, slow, left behind. . . YOU!!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by ak47mann(m): 1:05am On Jan 21, 2012
i remember this topic,they are desperately looking for alliance the devils cool

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-800362.0.html#msg9523633
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Beaf: 1:10am On Jan 21, 2012
sheyguy:

At last, Oga beaf has succeded in deflecting the heat on this thread from Oga pata pata Gej to the motive behind thd attacks.
GEJ shld address his betrayal of the North's trust. U dont snatch power like that becos they trusted u to be the 'Vp' to their 'P'. If the lives/bloods of Nigerians are not worth sacrifising for his ambition he shld show it in action and not just words.

So you agree that its oil you fools are fighting for right?
Its high time you were cut lose to tend your goats in the desert and see how you will be able to support your 10million almajiri's when stone cold reality sinks in.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Beaf: 1:22am On Jan 21, 2012
bayooooooo:

@Beaf, read Nigeria history very well and understand the nuance therein, Mid West was created for no other reason than to weaken the political influence of  Awolowo.  Awolowo as a person was not even against it as he passionately championed the interests of minorities making appeal for the creation of Calabar-ogoja/River, Mid West regions and similar arrangement for the minorities in the North especially those in what is now known as middle belt.  One can recommend several books on Nigeria history but you may decide to read page 205 of Ethnic Politics in Kenya and Nigeria by Godfrey Mwakikagile, in which case since publication in 2001, no one has published a critique or refutation of some claims. I ll just quote a paragraph to buttress my point:

"Chief Awolowo proposed in 1953 the division (of Nigeria) into nine states. The Western Region was to be broken into two, the Northern region into four and the eastern region into three. In 1959, the Action Group called for the creation of more states, and in addition to cultural and linguistic affinity, proposed a new criterion of viability as bases for division. During the 1957 election into the Eastern House of Assembly the then premier of the East, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, restated the rights of all minorities to self-determination, and affirmed the right of the minorities of the  people of Calabar-ogoja and River Provinces to self-determination. But after the election and at NCNC convention at Aba in October, 1957, Dr Azikiwe opposed what he called the “dismemberment” of the Eastern Region."

you may also decide to go through this http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/warticles/zik_awo_enahoro_and_nigerian_pol.htm  to further buttress the fact that Awo as a person was not interested in keeping that Region. I also reproduce a paragraph below in quote with the parts in bold bear my emphasy.  Even in Yorubaland today, the unannounced consensus is true federalism, in which each region will manage its resources and pay taxes or derivation whichever way you see it  to the federation account as it's being practiced in other genuine federalism of the world. I as a person do not believe there is a part of Nigeria that is not economically viable and the future of world economy is not even in oil. It's a matter of time, technology will render it useless, it may or may not be in our generation. The North's interests in keeping Nigeria one actually transcend oil.

"Chief Awolowo's Action Group manifesto had 14-point programmes. These included free primary education and free medical treatment for children in the Northern and Eastern regions, as having been provided in the Western region; more hospitals and dispensaries; a minimum wage of five shillings per day throughout the country like in the Western region; general review of salaries, full employment and unemployment benefits; modernisation of agriculture and loans to farmers; cheap housing, unlike the elitist type currently built for billionaire landlords in Lagos State outside the reach of the common people; old age pensions; rehabilitation of ex-servicemen; the creation of three new Regions - Calabar/Ogoja/Rivers, Middle Belt and Midwest; furtherance of liberal democracy, and amnesty for political prisoners; and the establishment of Economic Development Commission. In 1959, Awo failed to realise his altruistic ambition. And in demonstration of his sincerity of purpose he tried again in 1979, and finally in 1983, before he transited in 1987. "

Now to GEJ, everyone knows you love GEJ, some people also do. Some of us also believe there is political undertone to bombings going on in the country portraying GEJ as incompetent and incapable of ruling and securing a safe, stable and growing Nigeria. If Nigeria is stable security wise, it will actually take time to figure out GEJ is not really sound intellectually etc.  At the beginning, everybody saw GEJ as a victim, but he has taken some actions and refused to take some, that had alienated him from the people.

How on earth can he expect understanding from people when the likes of the police boss is not just still in office but personally decorated with robes of national honours as a brilliant police by GEJ? How can one say the president is serious when a high profile catch who would have provided useful and invaluable intelligence was set free and nothing was done? How can he now justify the militarization of Lagos when the real emergency is right in the North? I know there is little one can do to stopping a fellow from blowing himself off, but certain actions from presidency can send a signal that culpable hands will no doubt be cut and cut to pieces. That's the signal that GEJ is not sending and that's why he remains an incompetent president.

I don't know why anyone would take joy in rewriting history. We were pissed off with the treatment we got under the Western Region.
To cut a long story short, there was a referendum held in 1963 for the creation of Midwest state, we simply wanted out. Here are the results:

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by sheyguy: 1:23am On Jan 21, 2012
If u follow my post fr6 earlier pages, u will see clealy where i stated the motives of the attack, it still remains the same; gej breaking a gentleman's agreement with the north.
Beaf:

So you agree that its oil you fools are fighting for right?
Its high time you were cut lose to tend your goats in the desert and see how you will be able to support your 10million almajiri's when stone cold reality sinks in.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Beaf: 1:26am On Jan 21, 2012
sheyguy:

If u follow my post fr6 earlier pages, u will see clealy where i stated the motives of the attack, it still remains the same; gej breaking a gentleman's agreement with the north.

What is your silly agreement about? The core-North wants the Presidency right? Is that not shorthand for oil money, or do they plan to divide cattle if they get there? Phucking parasites.

It time to cut you people off, so you can go fight for oil money in the sands.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by sheyguy: 1:36am On Jan 21, 2012
After ur fore fathers chop cocoa money abi? U shld be cursing ur fore father for letting free awuf of cocoa and tin money them chop run your/una belle. . . . . Nigeria must remain one for now. . . . . At least while ur oil well are still producing some
Beaf:

I don't know why anyone would take joy in rewriting history. We were pissed off with the treatment we got under the Western Region.
To cut a long story short, there was a referendum held in 1963 for the creation of Midwest state, we simply wanted out. Here are the results:

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by tpia5: 1:36am On Jan 21, 2012
didnt i say the situation in kano is mirroring that of egypt?

you had muslims visiting churches, christians "protecting" muslims while praying [during the nigerian version of the "arab spring" protests].

i dont feel any of that was necessary at all.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by sheyguy: 1:50am On Jan 21, 2012
They want power because u brother promised them. It is their right to have it for eight years. Oga pata pata has betrayed the trust of the north and he cant face them even though he knows them as he claimed.
Beaf:

What is your silly agreement about? The core-North wants the Presidency right? Is that not shorthand for oil money, or do they plan to divide cattle if they get there? Phucking parasites.

It time to cut you people off, so you can go fight for oil money in the sands.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Beaf: 2:02am On Jan 21, 2012
sheyguy:

They want power because u brother promised them. It is their right to have it for eight years. Oga pata pata has betrayed the trust of the north and he cant face them even though he knows them as he claimed.

You people want power because you are a bunch of phucking thieves who only know how to steal oil money and phuck up your own people with misery, gross child abuse (10 million almajiri's and legalised phucking of 10 year old girls), disease and illiteracy.
After stealing $4billion a year as revealled by the KPMG audit, you parasites are throwing bombs everywhere, because GEJ came in and immediately began reforming the oil sector. By the time he leaves, no mallam will be able to steal oil that they don't have in their backyards.

Shameless thieves and blood sucking almajiri manufacturers.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 2:18am On Jan 21, 2012
sheyguy:

Whats the rubbish youre yapping up there? "Promised"?! "Right?!" "Betrayed?!"

Promised who? Northerners? Why cant you run and get voted in if youre qualified? In any right thinking society, considering that "your people" are the ones that set Nigeria backwards this much: YOU HAVE NO REASON TO ASK FOR THE PRESIDENCY FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT 25 TRILLION YEARS!!! Crazy mentality! So you think its your right to rule over the country? A Shehu Shagari,A Bababgida, An Abacha, then a Sambo that looks slower that that mumu GEJ, abi? Then hows Nigeria going to ever develop?

I really think you have something wrong with you upstairs!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by sheyguy: 2:27am On Jan 21, 2012
kingoflag:

Whats the rubbish youre yapping up there? "Promised"?! "Right?!" "Betrayed?!"

Promised who? Northerners? Why cant you run and get voted in if youre qualified? In any right thinking society, considering that "your people" are the ones that set Nigeria backwards this much: YOU HAVE NO REASON TO ASK FOR THE PRESIDENCY FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT 25TRILLION YEARS!!! Crazy mentality! So you think its your right to rule over the country? A Shehu Shagari,A Bababgida, An Abacha, then a Sambo that looks slower that that mumu GEJ, abi?

I really think you have something wrong with you upstairs!
Deny it, spin it, and pretend about it. That wont do u any good. And what makes u think i am a northerner or i am playing regional/tribalistic politics here . . . Lol . . . u r one funny dude sha.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 21, 2012
Beaf:

No one is interested in rewriting history! That referendum was conducted does not eliminate political interference or undertone. If not, why was same referendum not encouraged in Calabar-Ogoja/Rivers provinces in the Eastern Region and in minorities provinces in the North? Yes, there was agitation, but also there were agitations by other minorities groups in other region. are you saying if  referendum was carried out in those provinces YES would not have carried the day? As homogeneous as my state is today, if you carry out a referendum on giving my local government a state, the mere fact that a governor, a number of representative including senators will come from the new state is almost an enough motivation to vote yes.  The cycle will continue with each ward looking for state and each house and who can tell, you may even decide to fight for a state for yourself. grin with your head being the senator, your hand the governor and your veins the representatives. The real issue is some part of your body will still complain of marginalization.

“As can be expected, the minority areas frequently voted against the majority party in each region in a sort of reversal of alliances; the minorities in what is now Delta and Edo voted for the NCNC and against the Yoruba-led Action Group; the minorities in the Calabar - Ogoja - River State voted for Action Group against the Igbo-led NCNC until the creation of the Mid-Western Region provided the first break for the minorities; it also revealed the deep-seated animosities amongst the minorities themselves. Whereas they were united against Yoruba domination, creation of the Mid-West (later called Bendel) failed to eliminate marginalisation and inequity. The first government of the Mid-West under Premier Dennis Osadabey, a Mid-West Igbo, had more Igbo ministers out of the twelve ministers and about the same number of permanent secretaries. Thus overnight, the minority tribes of the Mid-West had passed from Yoruba domination to Igbo domination until the first coup and the civil war liberated them. Or so they thought.
With the creation of Bendel State by Gowon and the emergence of Ogbemudia as the first military Governor, marginalisation and inequities should have stopped. But they didn’t. Soon after, the minorities in Bendel were clamouring for their own states citing Edo domination as their main reason. Bendel State eventually gave way to Edo and Delta. Yet the marginalisation and large ethnic group domination had not stopped.”

self determination is not a bad thing and if the south south either alone or together with SE want to excise from Nigeria, it is not a bad thing as far as I am concerned. The real issue is the cycle of domination will itself rear its ugly head later or sooner. What you should ask GEJ is what's stopping him from organizing a  national conference and let us end the bad marriage once and for us, before I must interject, military take over the affairs of the country from him as the possibility is more real now than ever?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by honeric01(m): 2:35am On Jan 21, 2012
when is beaf going to be bombed? embarassed

God, some people are just too wicked.

I just don't know what else to say about Nigeria!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by DanKan0: 2:37am On Jan 21, 2012
RIP to the fallen.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by aljharem(m): 2:37am On Jan 21, 2012
Bayoooooo I don't see why you are even talking to him. If you notice he deleted delta west and Itsekiris from him propaganda. Pleasseeee Ignore the ideeiot and leave him to me. When I have time I would deal with him.

The goat is an ethnic bigot that it is just unfortunate that some people fall for his trap.

Leave him and let him keep posting like an headless chicken. One day the chicken would run out of blood and would only be good for a meal.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by aljharem(m): 2:38am On Jan 21, 2012
honeric01:

My edo bros na how we see am o !!!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 2:39am On Jan 21, 2012
Govt should be tackling security no subsidy. Imagine no first hand intel before the blast. GEJ have lost it from the beginning.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by DanKan0: 2:40am On Jan 21, 2012
kingoflag:

Sambo that looks slower that that mumu GEJ, abi? Then hows Nigeria going to ever develop?

Sambo is in the same league as GEJ all useless. Impeachment is of no use.

We need a fresh start in this Naija or work out a solution to part ways. However none of this will happen becuase the corrupt ones are still in charge, Naija is easy to loot this way :p
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by aljharem(m): 2:40am On Jan 21, 2012
DanKan0:

Sambo is in the same league as GEJ all useless. Impeachment is of no use.

We need a fresh start in this Naija or work out a solution to part ways. However none of this will happen becuase the corrupt ones are still in charge, Naija is easy to loot this way :p

+ 2000
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by aljharem(m): 2:43am On Jan 21, 2012
Francis Diote:

Govt should be tackling security no subsidy. Imagine no first hand intel before the blast. GEJ have lost it from the beginning.

Nigeria is liken to this analogy

if a bully[i](cabals)[/i] is taking school lunch (subsidy) from your son (common man) in school (Nigeria), want would you do

that is the case of Nigeria now
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Finland(m): 2:44am On Jan 21, 2012
honeric01:

grin  grin  grin . Good riddance!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by SILAKABUWA: 2:59am On Jan 21, 2012
‎"Rumours of CIA ties were fuelled in July 2009 when Mr Taylor himself told his trial, at the UN-backed Special Court for Sierra Leone in the Hague, that US agents had helped him escape from a maximum security prison in Boston in 1985"
If CIA can do this, who will doubt them for freeing BOKO HARAM suspect to bomb kano today, ABU QAQA is from somalia talking for them,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16627628
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by nuramohd: 3:08am On Jan 21, 2012
Beaf! the nairaland Tiger!! useless cyber warrior!! For once try write this nonsense on some newspaper,you know for once be a man show your face who you are! write a small thing even two lines that resemble this n0nsense on a national daily and lets see how long you will last, fckd up waste of Fluid i pity you fisher man father.For me i dont believe you work for GEJ the kind of hatred you've got is only present in the poorest and hungriest people,the dirty and poverty stricken you know at the foot of the society,hope you drown in crude may crude oil be the last thing to fill your lungs fccking Animal
Beaf:

You people want power because you are a bunch of phucking thieves who only know how to steal oil money and phuck up your own people with misery, gross child abuse (10 million almajiri's and legalised phucking of 10 year old girls), disease and illiteracy.
After stealing $4billion a year as revealled by the KPMG audit, you parasites are throwing bombs everywhere, because GEJ came in and immediately began reforming the oil sector. By the time he leaves, no mallam will be able to steal oil that they don't have in their backyards.

Shameless thieves and blood sucking almajiri manufacturers.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 3:12am On Jan 21, 2012
SILAKABUWA:

‎"Rumours of CIA ties were fuelled in July 2009 when Mr Taylor himself told his trial, at the UN-backed Special Court for Sierra Leone in the Hague, that US agents had helped him escape from a maximum security prison in Boston in 1985"
If CIA can do this, who will doubt them for freeing BOKO HARAM suspect to bomb kano today, ABU QAQA is from somalia talking for them,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16627628

You are a FREE AFRICAN and very knowledgeable on the happenings in Nigeria today. I thought I was the only that thinks in this line. Read my past comments and would see I second this.

The below are responsible for all these bombings.

Obama asks his CIA chief, what's the game plan for Nigeria? Well, Mr. president, the game plan is pretty simple, we going to fund Boko Haram to carry out a series of bombings against Nigerians, make it seem like a religious war and ultimately it will culminate into a civil war. Once we got civil war, we can go over to the United Nations(UN) and advocate for the separation of Nigeria into four parts. One part, of course, would have to be Niger Delta region. With the establishment of the Republic of Niger Delta, our access to the oil will be uninterrupted for decades to come. That is the game plan Mr. President.

Obama replied: That's a heck of a plan Chief. 

TAKE A LOOK AT THEIR FACES BELOW. BLOOD SUCKERS OF THE AFRICA CONTINENT. THEY GOT LIBYA AND MURDERED GADDAFI IN COLD BLOOD. DESTROYED ONE OF THE MOST PREPOSTEROUS COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD. NOW LIBYA IS NOW A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. NIGERIA IS NEXT AND THEY AT IT AT FULL SWOOP. THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO AS A COUNTRY TO STOP THIS UNLESS WE CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS UNITE AGAINST THESE FORCES OF EVIL.

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Beaf: 3:16am On Jan 21, 2012
nuramohd:

Beaf! the nairaland Tiger!! useless cyber warrior!! For once try write this nonsense on some newspaper,you know for once be a man show your face who you are! write a small thing even two lines that resemble this n0nsense on a national daily and lets see how long you will last, fckd up waste of Fluid i pity you fisher man father.For me i dont believe you work for GEJ the kind of hatred you've got is only present in the poorest and hungriest people,the dirty and poverty stricken you know at the foot of the society,hope you drown in crude may crude oil be the last thing to fill your lungs fccking Animal

honeric01:

Boko haram parasites.
If there was no oil, would you be bombing and talking about "your turn?" Why not fight over cattle and goats instead?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by zumbigbo(m): 3:23am On Jan 21, 2012
Boko Haram Justifies Biafra And Vindicates Ikemba Nnewi Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

The Boko Haram (BH) claims it is avenging the “extra-judicial” killing of its leader, Muhammed Yusuf, who died at the hands of the Nigerian Police in 1999, during the presidency of the late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua – a Northern Muslim. BH waited for Jonathan, a Christian, to become president before taking terror to a new level.

It added to its manifesto the annihilation of all Christians in the North; the removal of all churches and all businesses associated with Christians from the North; the introduction of Sharia law throughout the rest of Nigeria (13 Northern states now have Sharia law); the removal of all symbols of Western-styled democracy; and the abolition of Western education altogether. This manifesto could be dismissed as the wishful thinking of a deranged group, except that members of BH are dead serious (no pun intended) about achieving these goals. They have essentially made Borno and Yobe States ungovernable. They have the presidency on its heels, sweating and fretting; they have the security agencies hobbled and in shambles; they have all Nigerians restive and pensive; and they have the international community paying rapt attention.

To the rest of the civilized world, BH’s activities exemplify the very definition of “Ethnic Cleansing”, genocide or Jihad. It happened in the old Yugoslavia and now there is no more Yugoslavia. It happened in Sudan, and now we have the countries of Sudan and South Sudan. It happened in Germany…the infamous Holocaust…and now we have the new Israel.

It has happened in Nigeria before…this wanton killing, maiming and destruction of properties. Ah, you forgot? You forgot the Northern pogrom of 1966 which was the precursor to our first civil war? I say “first” because I think we are headed for the second one. During the pogrom, hordes of Hausa/Fulani people, like flies, invaded the homes of Igbo people in the North, slitting their throats and clubbing them to death…without provocation, and with utter impunity! I didn’t read this in a history book. I witnessed it with my own eyes as a kid in Zaria. I lost my innocence then. My family was spared because my father had one of those tribal marks native to Ibadan, and he was a devout Muslim.

So, today, suppose a group springs up in Enugu under the aegis of Christianity, with a name like say…Eastern Sons of Christ (ESOC), and begins the killing and maiming of all non-Christians, especially people of Hausa/Fulani extraction, along with some of their Yoruba collaborators. Imagine the ESOC laying explosives in and around businesses, mosques and homes owned by people other than members of the ESOC tribe. Imagine a similar group, under the name of say…Western Sons of Christ (WESOC), stands up its operations in Ibadan, targeting all Hausa/Fulani Muslims, along with their Yoruba collaborators (there are many Muslims in the Yoruba kingdom). Imagine yet another group springs up in Port Harcourt, under the name of say…Southern Sons of Christ (SOSOC), killing people of Hausa/Fulani extraction - Muslims, along with their Yoruba collaborators.

If the ESOC became a terror group like the Boko Haram (BH) has become, it would be justified. It could claim vengeance for the thousands of Igbo people that were, without provocation, ruthlessly massacred by the Hausa/Fulani during the pogrom. It could further justify its actions by claiming more maltreatment during the ensuing civil war (1967 – 1970), and yet more maltreatment following the so-called “No Victor No Vanquished” truce evident in the continued marginalization of the Igbo in most spheres of influence in Nigeria.

If the WESOC became a terror group like the BH, it could claim that it was tired of being caught between the Hausa/Fulani Vs Igbo (Muslim/Christian) fights. WESOC could say that it frequently suffered with ESOC each time the Northern Muslims embarked on one of their barbaric extermination missions and that ESOC never gave it enough credit. Instead, ESOC blamed WESOC for not joining in the Biafra cause. (WESOC can’t even claim any monolithic Christian stronghold in its geographical area, and can’t state with any degree of certainty which of the two major religions enjoys a numerical superiority in its communities.) WESOC can further claim that when one of its illustrious sons, a strong Muslim for that matter - MKO Abiola, won the election for President, the Hausa/Fulani Muslims, before morphing into BH, killed him rather than allow him to rule.

And if the SOSOC was to become a terror group exactly like the BH, it could claim that its previous acts of blowing up oil pipelines and kidnapping for ransom did not fully achieve SOSOC’s goal of 50% oil revenue allocation. It could argue that “our oil” was being used to build skyscrapers, mansions and “six-star” hotels in Abuja, Sokoto, Maiduguri and Yola, while “our people” in the Niger-Delta couldn’t fish or farm without fear of pollution. It could argue vengeance for the brazen, state-sponsored killing of one of its illustrious sons - Ken Saro-Wiwa, during the presidency of a Hausa/Fulani man and the desecration of his body by pouring acid on it.

In essence, we could have anarchy all across Nigeria, not just in the Northeastern States and Abuja, and no one would have peace. These groups could all find nebulous excuses to justify unleashing mayhem on the rest of the country like the BH is now doing and we would have our second civil war.

We had the Maitatsine riots of 1980, largely in the same Northeastern area. We have had other similar incidents in the intervening years, all aimed at building a homogenous, Islamic caliphate in Northern Nigeria. The military governments of the day easily put down those riots and attacks. But that was before the advent of the use explosives as weapons of terror. In 1980, Maitatsine rioters, progenitors of the BH sect, used knives…long knives…to attack Christians. Now they use guns…machine guns…and explosives to mow down innocent, unharmed people. Then they brazenly take onto the internet to claim responsibility for their dastardly acts. And like Al Qaida, they have amorphous, nameless and faceless leadership.

It is clear that since Nigeria’s amalgamation, the Hausa/Fulani Muslims of the North thought of themselves as superior beings, compared to the Christians of the South, and particularly the largely-Christian Igbo people. In fact, if you have the trust and confidence of a Northerner, you will frequently hear him derisively refer to Igbo people as “impure” and “lower-than-dogs”. This may sound like I am fanning the embers of ethnic crisis here. But I am stating the facts. I know that Igbo people in power today are aware of this, and so are their Yoruba and, of course, their Hausa counterparts. They are just too timid to say it in the open. I am not in power and I am not timid. I grew up in Zaria as a practicing Muslim. I attended Arabic/Islamic evening classes, lived in Kano and Maiduguri and finished my elementary school in Bukuru, near Jos. I also speak Hausa better than I speak English. So, before anybody castigates me as a basher of the North or of Muslims, they better take cognizance of the fact that I had firsthand experience. Notice how no Hausa/Fulani of significant profile, like say…the Sardauna of Sokoto, the Emir of Zaria, the Emir of Gwandu, the Emir of Maiduguri, Ibrahim Babangida, Mohammadu Buhari, Abubakar Atiku, Abubakar Umar, etc…has come out to openly denounce the BH sect. Their quiet acquiescence should not be interpreted as cowardly or coincidental. It is calculated.

The hatred of Igbo people and Christians by the Hausa/Fulani people remains palpable. Northern Muslims just manage to tolerate them. If they thought they could harm a Christian or an Easterner and get away with it, they would do it in a jiffy, without compunction and without remorse. And they would do it in the name of Allah. I have read the Qur’an, to include the Hadiths, and I have not found any portion of it where the Prophet Mohammed (PBOH) enjoined, sanctioned, urged or ordered adherents of Islam to destroy believers of other faiths. Of course, we have ultra-right-wingers in all religions, including Christianity, but none is waging such destructive and bloody war against “non-believers” like our Northern brothers. I think it is even tantamount to heresy referring to them as “brothers” those who have taken self-righteous indignation beyond any scintilla of reason. They are reprobates.

So, if the West, the East and the South conclude that the North has gone beyond redemption, why not grant the North its request? Why not draw a real, physical border with the North and allow it to rule its people like it wishes? By now, we all should know that no attempt at placating the Hausa/Fulani people would prevent them from sliding into their banal recidivism. I have absolutely no problem having to apply for a visa to visit my Alma Mata in Zaria or Bukuru. By their acts, the BH sect has vindicated Odumegwu Ojukwu and proved the venerable Obafemi Awolowo wrong about Biafra. Awolowo fought to “keep Nigeria one” but it is now clear that the task had always been only one-sided. The North obviously did not get that memorandum and so did not share the same objective. We need to quickly adorn the Ikemba of Nnewi with rose-bedecked garlands for being brave and visionary enough, as far back as 1966, to attempt Biafra. Ojukwu, who was humiliated, harangued, vilified and exiled for knowing (that far back) that the North was always going to be implacable, should be celebrated as a hero and rewarded as such before he passes on to the great beyond. And I am not being facetious or sarcastic.

The North now wants its own country – one ruled by Sharia and devoid of any semblance of Western civilization. We should let them have it peacefully. Those who have called for a Sovereign National Conference should redouble their efforts. Nigerians need to talk amongst themselves now so that they can peacefully decide how to coexist. Otherwise, the inevitable combustion will swallow everybody. If you have not been directly (or even remotely) touched by the BH attacks, you may not appreciate the urgency of deciding peacefully the future of Nigeria. If you have never seen a full blown war firsthand, I hope that you and your family continue to be protected from finding out how it feels. It is not a pretty sight.

Abiodun Ladepo
Los Angeles, California, USA,
Oluyole2@yahoo.com

http://saharareporters.com/article/boko-haram-justifies-biafra-and-vindicates-odumegwu-ojukwu
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by sheyguy: 3:26am On Jan 21, 2012
Beaf:

Boko haram parasites.
If there was no oil, would you be bombing and talking about "your turn?" Why not fight over cattle and goats instead?
oga beaf, u go toilet b4? I check u out but u dey offline then. How we go do this ur broda (gej) now? Im don sidon 4 power finish com dey look us like film 4 BH hand.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Beaf: 3:26am On Jan 21, 2012
@bayooooooo

Figures like the ones below do not lie. 99% of the Midwest voted to get out of the Western Region, it is a lesson that many of you have still not learnt which is why you are arrogantly revising history as if we do not know why we opted out. Arrogance played a huge part in our upping and leaving. Perhaps, I will open a thread on this issue and post many of the shameful things that set our minds on leaving the Western Region.

99% in a referendum is a very powerful declaration indeed. cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/618690_Midwest_gifc8ab793912f73fbfd315c809824d9a07
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by DanKan0: 3:28am On Jan 21, 2012
@ Danka7777 @ SILAKABUWA

This talk is to deep for people lol. Espically people under 'divide + conquer'  tongue . Problem, reaction, solution. We have seen it many many times before. If the guy in power does not serve your interest:

1)try to buy him off
2)Assasinate
3)Overthrow regime (Sponsored coup)
4)War

Those are the tools.  cool
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Hmm2: 3:30am On Jan 21, 2012
well 'am not surprise of such happenings in this country any more. when the people of plateau where being massacre by the hausa/fulani particularly in jos and its environs, the government said it is not religiously nor politically ignited but ethnic clash. people ask questions like why cant d indigen of plateau live in peace with the hausa man? what is happening in that jos? what do the hausa man want?. logically by now at least an average Nigerian man should have an idea of d whole scenario.  The aim of this group is to ISLAMISE NIGERIA by making jos plateau the headquarters of islam in nigeria, then gradually move down to the south, that was why IBB during his regime forcefully carve jos north out of jos LG to help achieve their aim or why did IBB signed us into organization of islamic country (OIC)? this have been a long time plan since d time of usman dan fodio. if we go back into history so many years ago queen amina of zaria was killed, where? on the jos plateau during the jihad to force people to accept islam that is why the hausas are bent on ethnic cleansing of jos plateau so as to take over and occupy the land. consider this; kwara is indigenously occupied by  the yoruba but they are been ruled by an emir not an oba, the reason is because majority have been islamise.  if boko haram is against western education why do they target mainly churches and christian dominated areas? why police headquarters/area/offices and not army, navy or airforce? reasons are they have insignificant no of them in the police but a greater no in the military - army , navy and airforce. in fact if we go by research, statistics have shown that security positions in the military is in the hands of the hausas. why do u think GEJ retired and kicked dan basau out of office? boko haram is been sponsored by big rich islamic men mostly from the core north. Take away leadership from a hausa man and he will become powerless that is why they are bent on taking over the government, GEJ should expose these sponsors. boko haram have clearly spelt out its aims which include introducing sharia law in all the state of the federation, fight GEJ and Christians. therefore all the bombings and the killing shows that their mission is been accomplished if they are not handled radically.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 3:40am On Jan 21, 2012
DanKan0:

@ Danka7777 @ SILAKABUWA

This talk is to deep for people lol. Espically people under 'divide + conquer'  tongue . Problem, reaction, solution. We have seen it many many times before. If the guy in power does not serve your interest:

1)try to buy him off
2)Assasinate
3)Overthrow regime (Sponsored coup)
4)War

Those are the tools.  cool

Another free and knowledgeable Nigerian. Keep up the good work and continue to enlighten the misguided ones amongst us. Many Nigerians don't know how this world operate. There are forces and societies that control this world. All the wars and psuedo-wars you see: Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan and Libya are some examples.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Imo: Okigwe Police Station Burnt As Gunmen Kill Five Policemen, Abduct One / Dino Melaye In 1990 In Okene (Throwback Photo) / Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.