Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:17 AM

Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights (56197 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Some Victims Of Maiduguri Multiple Bomb Blast / BREAKING News! Kano Under Boko Haram Attack, 4 Killed / Breaking News: Kano Under Attack Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by aminu150(m): 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2012
Yes bombs continue to explode even after 6pm today. The bomb exploded in about 7 locations and many are feared dead. For more check www.fiftynaira..com.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Wily1Wily: 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2012
This is the hand work of Northern Moslem Soldiers/Police officers acting in collaboration with political Boko Haram
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2012
KANO (AFP) – Multiple explosions and gunfire rocked the city of Kano on Friday, with residents reporting an immigration office and two police stations targeted with at least one person wounded.

A journalist heard what sounded to be some 20 explosions coming from two neighbourhoods in the city, the largest in Nigeria’s mainly Muslim north. Smoke could also been seen coming from the areas.

The loud explosions resulted in chaos, with motorcycles and cars fleeing the areas. The amount of damage or casualties was not immediately clear, and police had not immediately commented.

“At the moment, there is a heavy shootout between the immigration personnel and the police with the attackers, and bombs explode in between,” a resident near the immigration office said by phone.

“Now my dress is drenched in blood because I had to help carry someone shot in the shootout.”

He said it appeared a passport office of the immigration service was targeted in the Marhaba area.

Another resident said it appeared a police station was targeted in the Unguwa Uku neighbourhood.

“Several explosions have occurred at the Yar Akwa police station,” he said. “Everybody is running for his life. It’s chaotic.”

Scores of bomb blasts in Nigeria’s north have been blamed on Islamist group Boko Haram.

President Goodluck Jonathan declared a state of emergency in parts of four states on December 31 hard hit by attacks blamed on Boko Haram.

Kano is not included in the state of emergency and has not been previously hit by any of recent major attacks. Most of the attacks have occurred in the country’s northeast.

Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation and largest oil producer, is roughly divided between a mainly Muslim north and predominately Christian south.
   GOD SAVE NIGERIA!!!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Ttola(m): 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
Multiple explosions have rocked Kano, the biggest city in northern Nigeria.

The BBC's Yusuf Yakasai in the city says there is pandemonium with people running all over the place and plumes of smoke rising into the sky.

One of the blasts hit the federal police headquarters in the city and two other police stations, he says.

No-one has claimed responsibility for the attacks, but Islamist militants have been behind a recent campaign of violence in the mainly Muslim north.

Our reporter says there is also a shoot-out going on at the police's state head office in the east of the city.

The blasts targeted different neighbourhoods of the city.

So far he is aware of explosions at the federal police headquarters in the west of the city, one police station in the centre, and another police station in the south.

A reporter for the AP news agency said one of the explosions was powerful enough to shake his car several miles away from the blast.

The Islamist Boko Haram group, whose name means "Western education is forbidden", wants to establish Sharia (Islamic law) in Nigeria and started to stage drive-by shootings in 2010 on government targets in its base in the north-eastern city of Maiduguri.

It has stepped up its attacks in 2011, attacking the headquarters of the police and the UN in the capital, Abuja.

In recent weeks, southerners, who are mostly Christians or animists, living in the north have been the targets of deadly attacks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16658493
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by LEXYLOV: 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
Only the harmless protesters this government can confront definitely not the BH. As the bombing descend on Kano at this hours many official have run for safety even in Abuja and aso rock no more meeting or briefing today. If you get any friend or relatives in the north advice them to take emergency exit and come back home immediately, because no effective government to protect them. Who have ear let them hear. lipsrsealed
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Rgp92: 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2012
obasy09:

GOD SAVE NIGERIA!!!

GOD OF ISRAEL OR ARAB WILL NOT SAVE NIGERIA! WAKE UP IDIO.T!!!!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
what are all this useless soldier doing in peacefull lagos when another state in anger danger
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Wily1Wily: 7:05pm On Jan 20, 2012
Jonathan release Henry Okah Now
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 20, 2012
Confirmed. We are still hearing gunshots close to Bompai police station cheesy. Everybody is running helter skelter.

Boko Haram has finally come to Kano. The largest Northern city is under attack. I read, the largest Northern city is under attack. Do you roger me?

The beginning of the end for Nigeria?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by fsb(m): 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
Reliable source: one explosion occured at police headquaters, another unconfirmed explosion in d vicinity of government house kano.

A third explosion along france road, kano, exact point uncertain.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Onyiip(f): 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
Im in kano right now and everybody is confused weda 2remain at home or stay out. We are all scared, God save our lives
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2012
While soldiers rendezvouz in Lagos
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by oderemo(m): 7:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
@ onyi.pp, dont envy your position at all. stay safe.
ire oh.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Pukkah: 7:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
This is heart-wrenching. Nigerians must rise above partisanship and get the government to address this issue once and for all.

By the way, what does the President or the Presidency have to say about this?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by chosen04(f): 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
Wily1Wily:

Jonathan release Henry Okah Now

SUPPORTED 100%
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by narttis1: 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
God please protect my family and friends in Kano.cant believe this is happening.
In the 90s kano was hell but i thought all that is past, why now?
What is the Nigerian military doing for God's sake??
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
Onyii.p:

Im in kano right now and everybody is confused weda 2remain at home or stay out. We are all scared,  God save our lives

Just do whatever you can to stay vigilant and remain safe. I am on my Ipad writing you from a major junction in kano. The atmosphere is tense.

Boko Haram strategy is: Strike at the heart of the security apparatus and to create panic.

You have to keep everyone you know closer and start making plans to go down south east( first,women and children) after this particular incident is under control. There could be more attacks to come in the days or perhaps weeks to come.

We are following the situation with keen interest.

May the lord be with you all.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by bilaya(m): 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
They are busy hounding innocent massob members.Useless set of people
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
When they realise that the security and the presidency is useless, they would diversify their bombing business to Southern Nigeria. Hot fresh air indeed.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by obowunmi(m): 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
who will cry for the children of Nigeria ?  angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Mikocake(m): 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
god please protect your children. trying to put myself in their position, can imagine what its like.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Vansnickers: 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
What a Country, even the Police that are meant to be fighting Boko Haram are aiding them. undecided undecided
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
narttis1:

God please protect my family and friends in Kano.cant believe this is happening.

Kano has seen more challenges in the past. BH has dared. The Largest and most Important Northern city where most Northern heavy weights are from has finally been struck.

Call your family and friends to stay vigilant and not to roam around unnecessary. Lets see how this unfolds in days to come.

Be calm. All is well cool.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
Sure. . . . GEJ's Govt doesnt know about this latest bombing.

Hmmn, Hmmn. . . . No, theyre not trying to shift your attention and buy sympathy for his Govt its just Boko Haram at work again. Woow.

People, open your eyes: YOUR GOVT IS THE ONE TERRORIZING YOU!!! Diversionary tactics. Let GEJ prove me wrong fire Ringim, and expose the so-called "sponsors" instead of this bull-sh*it hes trying to pull over everyone's eyes!!!!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by closearms3: 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2012
the cabal at work , the serial killing method of the globalist , now that they are hitting Kano , police station , we would have more Muslim causalities than the Christians, if the boko haram  is politically motivated by the northern elite , at least Kano should not be their list.  ! NO, they would say; it is tactical method  of evacuating the Christian from the north.what is so astonishing , is how the plot are done in perfection , yet after the scene, they would start chasing shadow ,to the extend of put a fine of 50m .think think think , we are practically brainwashed,mind slaved  ,mentally conquered ,subliminally controlled ,telegramed and engineered to be manipulate.

the globalist's favorite tactic is to leave blueprints to their plans "hidden in plain view." From messages delivered to the masses through the media and films to Time Warner's

wake up Nigerians this is the same stereotype of the al Qaeda-eda network in the us , the whole boko haram saga need a rethink, i bet you it would not be silent until 2015 , that is why the west are partaking full time in it ,if  there was no boko haram ,there would not  be a dis-integration in Nigerians , it have to exist for them to achieve their prediction said by an  American occult   in 2006 to be precise  , that Nigerian would dis-integrate in 2015,this is a well engineered,well planned deception of the west,to whole thing is a man made conspiracy ,don't be fooled , i am making a full write up of the event sequences and numerology of how it has been unfolding ,and their predictions ,believe it  or not ,but  don't reject it ,soon it shall be unfolding clearly right  before you .this is the same character assassination of Islam  that we see in western stream medias, please read this book ( LET TRUTH BE TOLD )volume1 by D.J.M Muffett . this are 33degree globalist,freemasonry,illuminates,KKK,skull and bone ,boehiming groups and screw and lock occultist works .numbers and letter counts, stay tunned as i unveil the greatest conspiracy ever in Nigeria

stay tuned while i unravel the master code numerological traces of all the terror attach  , and you would know that, they are not just a coincidence
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by narttis1: 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2012
Olodostein:

Kano has seen more challenges in the past. BH has dared. The Largest and most Important Northern city where most Northern heavy weights are from has finally been struck.

Call your family and friends to stay vigilant and not to roam around unnecessary. Lets see how this unfolds in days to come.

Be calm. All is well cool.

I've been calling and their phones are all switched off.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by ismhab(m): 7:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
Breaking news: The executive Governor of kano state Dr. Rabiu musa kwankwaso was among the victims of the bomb blast, but it is not clear whether he is seriously injured or died.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by ijeebest: 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
hahahahahahaha! i just saw this video of Nigerians shutting down town hall meeting in US. Even after every gospel, Good one Naija
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Wily1Wily: 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
narttis1:

Are u a Southerner? Tell me what your family and friends are still doing in Islamic Republic of Arewa, Boko Haram gave them ultimatum to pack their things and go, Tell me What are they still doing there?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by NET1(m): 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2012
Please let's divide this country. I don tire for Naija.
On biafra I stand.

.NET
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2012
narttis1:

I've been calling and their phones are all switched off.

Police stations is where the major attacks took place.

The network is bad. It happens during crises like this.  The Govt tend to put a hold on networks not to exacerbate panic. This is why I came out to be able to access information.

Everybody is vigilant and trying to be safe. The atmosphere is tense.

Calm down. Your folks are safe.  You will get through to them. Things are slowing calming down.

Are you calling from outside Nigeria? Keep trying their line.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by dempeople(m): 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2012
ismhab:

Breaking news: The executive Governor of kano state Dr. Rabiu musa kwankwaso was among the victims of the bomb blast, but it is not clear whether he is seriously injured or died.

Hmmm  nawao.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dino Melaye In 1990 In Okene (Throwback Photo) / Imo: Okigwe Police Station Burnt As Gunmen Kill Five Policemen, Abduct One / Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.