Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,243 members, 7,957,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights (56209 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Some Victims Of Maiduguri Multiple Bomb Blast / BREAKING News! Kano Under Boko Haram Attack, 4 Killed / Breaking News: Kano Under Attack Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by mariong(m): 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
Dis is no hear say, it was a serious shoot out nd a series of bomb blasts simultenously around my house. I could see the thick smoke emanatin frm a location dat is more lyk d next street 2 myne around farm centre. An explosn shook my house lyk an earthquake, d gunshot continued for more dan an hour. God! d whol tin was lyk som movie,
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by baduks(m): 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
Any pictures please
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by liteleto: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
Just heard of several explosion 2
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
Wily1Wily:

Are u a Southerner? Tell me what your family and friends are still doing in Islamic Republic of Arewa, Boko Haram gave them ultimatum to pack their things and go, Tell me What are they still doing there?

My friend, KEEP QUITE. This is not the time to throw blames around. As far as i know, many people have been leaving for the past weeks.

What if his family and friends are government workers or work in the Military?

This is KANO we are talking about and not Borno or Yola. Just wait and see how things unfolds, before you pass judgment.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by 989900: 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
This is madness. . . Why not channel the same energy and resources towards all present and past corrupt leaders? Except of course this is gov't's.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by binhozie(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
@BBCBreaking @AJEnglish @elrufai @omojuwa @ogundamisi @Chxta SSS Head office in Kano brought to the ground, it is worst affected!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Acidosis(m): 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
a suicide bomber drove in to the police station
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Yeske2(m): 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
ismhab:

Breaking news: The executive Governor of kano state Dr. Rabiu musa kwankwaso was among the victims of the bomb blast, but it is not clear whether he is seriously injured or died.
That serious? Lord have mercy
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by narttis1: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
Wily1Wily:

Are u a Southerner? Tell me what your family and friends are still doing in Islamic Republic of Arewa, Boko Haram gave them ultimatum to pack their things and go, Tell me What are they still doing there?
Do you think its that easy for everyone to just leave the city like that?leave your job knowing your chances of getting another job is almost zero,your children's education,going to start life all over again after a succesful career. why isnt it right for a nigerian to live at peace in any part of his country whether south or north?dont we have a government whose responsibility is to protect us?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Odunnu: 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2012
I am panicking seriously worried!!!
Everybody I know living in Kano is either not picking calls or phones switched off.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by TruthTella(m): 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
Unfortunately for us, we have such an inept person as President. I don't even know which words to describe the man with.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by jege456: 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
Na wah o! Where is dis country headed? Police dey get power dey arrest and intimidate for the south but for north, na different story. If dem remove police IG now on clear evidence of imcompetence, dem go cry blue murder. I no envy jonathan at all.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2012
Odunnu:

I am panicking seriously worried!!!
Everybody I know living in Kano is either not picking calls or phones switched off.

Many people are outside and left their phones inside. And the networks are faulty. Give it sometime and try again cool. They are fine cool.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2012
God save our country,
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Yeske2(m): 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2012
Called up a friend now and he said there is a 24hrs curfew for now. Na wah o.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by narttis1: 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2012
Olodostein:

Police stations is where the major attacks took place.

The network is bad. It happens during crises like this.  The Govt tend to put a hold on networks not to exacerbate panic. This is why I came out to be able to access information.

Everybody is vigilant and trying to be safe. The atmosphere is tense.

Calm down. Your folks are safe.  You will get through to them. Things are slowing calming down.

Are you calling from outside Nigeria? Keep trying their line.

thanks,i'm glad things are calming down. i'm calling from Ghana.After experiencing the 1991,1995,1999 riots and the riot after Abacha's death, i wouldnt want anybody, even my worst enemy to experience any.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by wewe1(m): 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2012
Misplaced Priority of the highest order
FG deployed army to Lagos cos of protester leaving Kano where they are most needed. Na wah ooooo,  
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by beldcat(m): 7:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
i don't know y we are forcing dis con3 to stay together.d british forced us to come togther ,we did not voluntarily  decide to come together.so now dat we see dat we are not compatible;y don't we take d initiative and split let evryman go back to his fada's village, abi  y must pple continue to die 4 nothing?      lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Wily1Wily: 7:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
Southerners Leave North Now.
If there are Many Southern casualties, there will be a reprisal.
Southerners Leave Northern Nigeria Now.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by MeAboki(m): 7:49pm On Jan 20, 2012
Kai its still happening, they are bombing and shooting, blast so powerful shaking my house, fighting still coming from the direction of police HQ Bompai, my sister claims some of them walked past her front gate, they were heavily armed wearing ammunition belts, they hang around after bombing and engage the police in gun battle, but don't seem bother about civilians
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2012
narttis1:

thanks,i'm glad things are calming down. i'm calling from Ghana.After experiencing the 1991,19951999riots and the riot after Abacha's death, i wouldnt want anybody, even my worst enemy to experience any.

You are really a Kano guy. This is the final struck, my friend. The North is GONE, if nothing drastic is DONE fast. Nevertheless, your family and friends ought to know what is best for them and start preparing to leave. We don't know what awaits kano in days and weeks again.

May the lord be with them.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by oluenta: 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2012
news reaching me now from kano states that about 54 bomb like explosions with gun shots every where is what is raging the air in kano, no where to run to as more than 10 explosions were at the police stations all round kano and its environs
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by honeymix77(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2012
this is getting too much has anybody noticed that it does not feel as if we are in january.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by phreakabit(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2012
Any South Easterner there has himself/herself to blame. . .  Where the grape juice make I wash my hand jor?  angry

honeymix77:

this is getting too much has anybody noticed that it does not feel as if we are in january.

Uneasy tension in the air. Kinda like the silence before the storm abi?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by slam7000(m): 7:52pm On Jan 20, 2012
Theres nothing like boko haram,this is done by the northern police and their military counterpart and some civilians.the earlier Jonathan wake from his slumber the better for us all.if this man can not handle this situation,he should honourably resign.Whats nigeria turning into.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 20, 2012
What is breaking in the news?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
Me_Aboki:

Kai its still happening, they are bombing and shooting, blast so powerful shaking my house, fighting still coming from the direction of police HQ Bompai, my sister claims some of them walked past her front gate, they were heavily armed wearing ammunition belts, they hang around after bombing and engage the police in gun battle, but don't seem bother about civilians  

Close to Dangote House huh? I laugh in AREWA.

I see Khaki men downtown Sani Abacha way cheesy.

This is like a movie. I have never experience anything like this. I am adventurous. Just observing and taking note cheesy.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
Yet Jonathan would rather cover the identity of Boko haram sponsors
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by dasa: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
Many Notherners fled the south for fear of attacks from Christians only to run into Bombs from their kinsmen. So  SAD. #Kano
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by lynkyinka(m): 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
its seems like WAR in KANO. NIGERIA, SOS OH GOD!!!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by phantom(m): 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2012
Una never start, you want one nigeria abi? Well here it is, served on a platter wit fresh air oozing from it,
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nchara: 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2012
Separate the damn country now. They want a sharia country and have shown their seriousness to attain that objective by felling a lot of southerners, with no punishment meted to anyone yet. So why not allow them have it?

From all indications, southerners (Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Edo, Ibibio, etc) are a confused set of humans: one is waiting for the other to make the first move.

What will the North do if GEJ declares that the south is pulling out? Get the North out first and then we (the south) can sit down and talk about the way going forward, at least not with bombs and cudgels (like the North is wont to do), but with our senses.

So far all the those killed by BH have been inconsequential people in the larger realm of things in Naija politics. Perhaps when one big man is downed, southerners will begin to reason with their heads.

Na so so mouth we southerners get. Ojukwu would be turning in his grave now wanting to get up and do something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / President-Elect Bola Tinubu Has Arrived Nigeria. / EFCC's Tweet About The Snake That Swallowed N36 Million In JAMB Office (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.