Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner (7436 Views)

Nigerian Police Give His Gun To A Foreigner To Take Picture / Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner / Photo Emerges Of Jacob Zuma Allegedly Beating A Foreigner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Beaf: 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
[size=14pt]We need a foreigner as IG.[/size]

With the imminent exit of the current IG, the FG needs to begin considering new angles to tackling our age old cancer, the police force. I suggest we get a foreigner in (maybe British, American or Israeli).

All our home-grown policemen are almost all corrupt and engaged in nefarious activities like armed robbery or boko haram terrorism. The language our average policeman speaks is forgery and bribery. Baal, Beelzebub and the hordes of Hades will kill to attain the gutter morals of our policemen.
After a blood soaked boko haram mastermind was caught, a senior police officer took him on a fun trip and released him; that man was the most senior boko haram member the FG had ever laid hands and represented a breakthrough of tectonic magnitude. Released! Can you beat that?

Woe betide you if armed robbers visit your neighbour and you have the audacity to call the police; in a few days, you too will be visited by the blood spilling creeping things; with luck, shivering sweat and terror soaked prayer, your woman will not be rap'ed and your life snuffed out.
Yet these are the men in whom we entrust individual and national security. The police is your ‘fiend.’

We obviously cannot go on this way, it is either we begin to treat the police as enemies of the nation (which they are), or we begin to actively seek ways to rebuild the force from scratch. Such a rebuilding task can only be left in the hands of a foreigner, probably assisted by the few proven hands available, the likes of Marvel Akpoyibo.
Only a foreigner, untainted by the devilish ways of our men in black can be trusted to build a force that is trained and equipped to World standard.

How una see am?

-Beaf
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by aljharem(m): 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
Good idea actually. I guess there wouldn't be a zonal thing as usual. I am just wondering why we cannot have a south-south IG. I don't think a foreigner would make any difference since the people under him are still corrupt etc. At the end of the day, it a group of people who are collectively thinking to protect the lifes and properties of people; that is what a police force is.

I think having a foreigner would only make things more complicated and that is the last thing we need now. Lets have a South-easterner or an Ijaw IG. It would make more sense since he already knows the system of Nigeria. I also believe it would strengthen the ever weakening bond in Nigeria as a country.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by nduchucks: 3:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
How we see am? The idea is juicy but its full implementation for maximum impact would require that the ineffective Commander in Chief of the Armed forces be replaced by a foreigner as well. You should have called for a holistic solution,olodo.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by tidytim: 3:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
We need a well tested Police Chief from Scotland Yard, I tell ya , Nigeria police will change within 6 months, if he is given support by the Government.

The Majority of the Nigerian police force  are armed robbers and oppressors of the masses.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Thatdave(m): 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
Put an ibo man there.

Though a foreigner will do. But they will slide our country into civil war.
And make us an iraq because of our oil.

Just put someone whose family is not close to the north there.

And make sure he is a christian. You can use a woman.
Women a proving their worth these days.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by aljharem(m): 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2012
Thatdave:

Put an ibo man there.

Though a foreigner will do. But they will slide our country into civil war.
And make us an iraq because of our oil.

Just put someone whose family is not close to the north there.

And make sure he is a christian. You can use a woman.
Women a proving their worth these days.

Not necessarily a woman. A man from ijaw or igbo east would do just fine.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by denony(m): 3:30pm On Jan 21, 2012
that will be a calamity
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by eghost247(m): 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2012
tidytim:

We need a well tested Police Chief from Scotland Yard, I tell ya , Nigeria police will change within 6 months, if he is given support by the Government.

The Majority of the Nigerian police force  are armed robbers and oppressors of the masses.
Yeah this is the next step the NPF infact needs the NPF to be reorganized from top to bottom
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by jmaine: 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nice suggestion, but the police force is too fvcked up to be clean up, by just a foreign IGP
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Mobinga: 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
jmaine:

Nice suggestion, but the police force is too fvcked up to be clean up, by just a foreign IGP

Stop the theft.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Mobinga: 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
Goodluck doesn't need a special aide on New Media.
Bleep outta here
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by mpmp: 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2012
How about a NEPALI - they are the bravest kinda peeps(soldiers) in the world.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by ujchief(m): 3:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
The entire police force needs re-orientation, i wonder if that will solve the problem as our police has coruption imbedded in their DNA. A uk police boss will stil be in his abuja ofice while his nigerian comisioners release terosist and the mopol guys collect their roger.
I'll sugest a calabar man, just that we'll loose track of our police asaltian dogs :d:d
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by swintiney: 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2012
Beaf, na u be this? so u fit talk like who get sense?
Well, thank God for your new found brain!

Am happy for you!
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by jmaine: 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
Mobinga:

Stop the theft.

You own no proprietary right to the smileys gee, so why the hazzles
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
A foreigner?  Whaddaphuck?  Proves cynics right that Africans can't rule over themselves. Best, we should be RECOLONISED grin.

Even, if we were to look outside; we have competent Nigerians whom have lived outside for years or were soldiers/police men in these countries. I can recommend one cool.

If Not

Bleep this broken country and split it into FIVE republics cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by kels001: 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2012
he wont see the break of dawn if they do, but however would have been the best thing to do
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by 989900: 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
Make Ribadu the I.G
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Mobinga: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
Beaf:

[size=14pt]We need a foreigner as IG.[/size]

With the imminent exit of the current IG, the FG needs to begin considering new angles to tackling our age old cancer, the police force. I suggest we get a foreigner in (maybe British, American or Israeli).

All our home-grown policemen are almost all corrupt and engaged in nefarious activities like armed robbery or boko haram terrorism. The language our average policeman speaks is forgery and bribery. Baal, Beelzebub and the hordes of Hades will kill to attain the gutter morals of our policemen.
After a blood soaked boko haram mastermind was caught, a senior police officer took him on a fun trip and released him; that man was the most senior boko haram member the FG had ever laid hands and represented a breakthrough of tectonic magnitude. Released! Can you beat that?

Woe betide you if armed robbers visit your neighbour and you have the audacity to call the police; in a few days, you too will be visited by the blood spilling creeping things; with luck, shivering sweat and terror soaked prayer, your woman will not be rap'ed and your life snuffed out.
Yet these are the men in whom we entrust individual and national security. The police is your ‘fiend.’

We obviously cannot go on this way, it is either we begin to treat the police as enemies of the nation (which they are), or we begin to actively seek ways to rebuild the force from scratch. Such a rebuilding task can only be left in the hands of a foreigner, probably assisted by the few proven hands available, the likes of Marvel Akpoyibo.
Only a foreigner, untainted by the devilish ways of our men in black can be trusted to build a force that is trained and equipped to World standard.

How una see am?

-Beaf

Ridiculous. Suggesting foreign imperialism, re-colonizing the country, Invariably saying "Nigerians are not competent enough to rule themselves".

Going by your logic, then we do not need Nigerian leaders. You cannot single out the Police Force as the only,"cancer", to put in your words. Every institution in Nigeria is plagued by this same "cancer", even you, your office and your ridiculous government.

Still going by your post, we don't need a Nigerian President, we need a "British, American or Israeli" to be the president.

Corrupt clown writing rubbish.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
I think we will do with a foreign President as well.

Re-Colonization may not be  a bad idea as well

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

u guys are not serious at all
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by IbroSaunks(m): 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
good one beaf, but I'm not sure any seasoned foreign security person would want to take the job. the best we can do is loan one from one of the top powers!
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
forget a foreign president.

a monkey would be more efficient tha the current stuffed dummy in aso rock
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2012
no professional will be interested

no be nigeria where corruption fights back

see as NOI has been thoroughly rubbished by this administration

you will just get your reputation sullied
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by chuksikem(m): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nice suggestion man, ; winkvery wonderful idea, am among those that believe South Africa is good infrastructure wise cos of the duration the white man spent there, but we dont just want a foreign IGP, we need all the AIGs,DIGs and CPs too, let foreigners take over our entire police force, if it will bring succor to the masses, i lost a friend in the blast yesterday, dude works in GTB, kano, just had a baby, its sad.  cry cry.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
mikeansy:

I think we will do with a foreign President as well.

Re-Colonization may not be  a bad idea as well

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

u guys are not serious at all

Mobinga:

Ridiculous. Suggesting foreign imperialism, re-colonizing the country, Invariably saying "Nigerians are not competent enough to rule themselves".

Going by your logic, then we do not need Nigerian leaders. You cannot single out the Police Force as the only,"cancer", to put in your words. Every institution in Nigeria is plagued by this same "cancer", even you, your office and your ridiculous government.

Still going by your post, we don't need a Nigerian President, we need a "British, American or Israeli" to be the president.

Corrupt clown writing rubbish.

Bros, abeg make una no vex. This is what desperation and frustration causes. Heck! Even, If we are that desperate, let us make President BUHARI who got the CHARISMA and WIT the president and see these madness stop overnight.

989900:

Make Ribadu the I.G

Ribadu is a great idea cool.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by highland(m): 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
The idea will not work in Nigeria, policing is part of security for any country so if foreigner is now the IG then it will undermine our sovereignty.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by MrEndowed1: 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2012
i totally agree with you Beaf, we should actually outsource our security agencies to the Isreali Mossad, then ministry of justice to the british
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by dustydee: 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2012
Tell your boss to do that. Israel has offered to help yet nothing has been said in response.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by BOMANY: 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
Silly idea tongue the hell no, absolutely not. angry Is there a nation on earth has done such thing. It is not a football team, it is police and security issue.
But Nigeria must ask for international assistance as there is need to train all security forces, including intelligence, SSS, police etc. It is very obvious that they are not up to the threat.
It is better to ask the assistance of other countries who could overcome terrorism challenge, as USA, Uk, Egypt, South Africa, India
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by UKBobo(m): 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
Hi everybody.

I am new to the boards as my girlfriend Funmi - pointed me here, I am an english guy, I think you call it oyimmbo.

From what I can see, the Nigeria project is not working. It is better you contract the police, army, justice, water, electricity, basically everything that does not work back to my people - the British. We did not let you down before. Because it seems and please forgive me for being rude, like you cannot organise a beach party at the beach.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by tlops(m): 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
Since the poster is concerned about corruption and ineptitude of Nigerian security forces, I'll suggest we outsource the job of the presidency to Obama as a part time Job.

Obama because he is partly African.
Re: Our Next Ig Should Be A Foreigner by Mobinga: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2012
tlops:

Since the poster is concerned about corruption and ineptitude of Nigerian security forces, I'll suggest we outsource the job of the presidency to Obama as a part time Job.

Obama because he is partly African.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi: PDP Overrules FG, Returns Wada As Gov / Hon Garba May Have Influenced Judiciary To Rule In His Favour - Niger Group Alle / 282 killed, 97 abducted in July violent attacks across Nigeria - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.