Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims (2089 Views)

I'm The Target Of Buhari’s Administration - Fayose / Buhari Was The 2nd Target Of The Bomb Blast In Kaduna / Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by unrattled: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
Chief Tobias Michael Idika, President, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Kano State Chapter and President General Leaders of Ethnic Communities Resident in Kano State has claimed that Friday bomb attacks on the city were aimed at Igbo people and that they would spur an exodus of about three million non-natives out of the city.

Idika issued a statement today where he traced the chain of events that led to Friday’s bombings, which claimed the life of an Igbo insurance broker and an Igbo TV reporter, working with Channels TV. He also called on South East Governors to begin the evacuation of their people from Kano.
His full statement:

“In about a month ago, the dreaded Islamic terrorist gang called Boko Haram issued a threat message ordering all Southerners to vacate the North or face annihilation. Though the three day ultimatum they gave had elapsed with some pockets of attacks in Borno, Niger, Yobe States etc. Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Kano foresaw the wreckage that took place in Kano on Friday, January 20th 2012.
”If we can recall, Kano was the first base of Boko Haram insurgence following their first onslaught in April 2007 when the Boko Haram elements invaded Kano through the Panshekara axis and engaged security agencies in a series of attacks that claimed lives and government properties.
”Since then, they have continued to put an eye on Kano with malicious concentration on non-natives. Ohanaeze Ndigbo Kano, can also state without fear of contradiction that the January 20, 2012 attack on Kano remains the only biggest coordinated attack by the Islamic terrorist group where about nine locations were bombed and lives (including one Mr. Ibe, an insurance broker was killed) and properties lost!
”In this light, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Kano is convinced that there is a planned JIHAD on non-natives in Kano, particularly, the Igbos. Security report reaching us indicates that there is a serious plot by the Islamic terrorist group to invade Sabon Gari Kano, an enclave pre-dominantly dominated by the Igbos.
”We are also aware that this Islamic group serving the interest of some Islamic Clerics, Northern traditional rulers and ruthless politicians, have a big plan to bomb Churches, public places, hotels and selected private homes within Sabon Gari Kano.
”There is no gainsaying the fact that our people are now scared. The Igbos resident in Kano is living with Unclad fear and apprehension. Though there are few of us who may like to stay and defend ourselves, the majority of us, particularly, women and children, numbering over three million are jostling to leave the North (Kano), because unfolding events indicate that the North (Kano) is no longer safe for easterners.

”Ohanaeze Ndigbo Kano, thereby call on the governors of the Eastern States and Igbo speaking States in the South-South to provide means of transportation with adequate security to evacuate our brethren who would want to leave because human life is precious and should be protected as such.
”For the fact that in the January 20th 2012 attack on Kano, even Journalists were not spared with the killing of the channels reporter, Eneche Akogwu, by the Boko Haram terrorists, means that nobody’s live is protected in Kano. Ohanaeze Ndigbo Kano, with a deep heart, uses this opportunity to commiserate with the National President of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Muhammed Garba and all working Journalists in Nigeria. The killing of Eneche Akogwu brings to two, innocent Journalists who have fallen victim to the wicked attack and agenda of the Islamic Boko Haram in recent times.

”Finally, we call on President Goodluck Jonathan to identify the sponsors of these killers and make them face the wrath of the law. Failure to do this means that Mr. President is failing Nigerians who voted him into power.”

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/01/21/igbos-the-target-of-kano-bombs-leader-claims/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by NegroNtns(m): 7:22pm On Jan 21, 2012
”In this light, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Kano is convinced that there is a planned JIHAD on non-natives in Kano, particularly, the Igbos. Security report reaching us indicates that there is a serious plot by the Islamic terrorist group to invade Sabon Gari Kano, an enclave pre-dominantly dominated by the Igbos.
”We are also aware that this Islamic group serving the interest of some Islamic Clerics, Northern traditional rulers and ruthless politicians, have a big plan to bomb Churches, public places, hotels and selected private homes within Sabon Gari Kano.
”There is no gainsaying the fact that our people are now scared. The Igbos resident in Kano is living with Unclad fear and apprehension. Though there are few of us who may like to stay and defend ourselves, the majority of us, particularly, women and children, numbering over three million are jostling to leave the North (Kano), because unfolding events indicate that the North (Kano) is no longer safe for easterners.

Onlytruth or Eze or whatever you call yourself these days.

This ya countryman for up north is running his mouth too dayam much. If boko no think about you before now he don give them reason to come after ibos. One of you warriors wey sabi kidnap persin need to travel up there and kidnap his a s s to shut him up. All this nonsense he dey talk about noko coming after ibo is unecessary in public. he need to say it in a leadership meeting with other ibos and make evacuation preparation behind closed doors so enemy dis not aware when you begin leave,
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
I think in the light of the current challenges we have, it is time for the Nigerian Government to review its policy of posting civil servants and corpers to areas alien to them.
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by Nchara: 7:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
The Channels TV dead reporter does not appear to be an Igbo. He looks/sounds Benue ish or Nassarawa ish!!
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by NegroNtns(m): 7:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
. . . . nchara, the more reason your eze up there need to zip it! There is time to be brave and theres time to be wise and reclusive. This time calls for rescue and evacuation out. . . after he deliver mama ngozi and her pikin reach village, then he fit go back up there and open hin yansh for harmattan air and address boko.
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by doctokwus: 8:04pm On Jan 21, 2012
So its d ibos that were working in Kano immigrations,police stations,SSS;while d Sabon gari populated mainly by non natives was left unattacked.As I sed earlier some people want to feel relevant,but in d process make idio tic statements.This one wt his other claim that there are 3million ibos in Kano is up there in d league of most st upi d statements of d year,and this is d kind of individuals that lead d ibos in kano state;its shameful.
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by Nchara: 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . . . nchara, the more reason your eze up there need to zip it! There is time to be brave and theres time to be wise and reclusive. This time calls for rescue and evacuation out. . . after he deliver mama ngozi and her pikin reach village, then he fit go back up there and open hin yansh for harmattan air and address boko.

For once, you have made sense. I hope making sense is your new yr resolution.
BTW why are Yorubas not evacuating from the North?
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by silat(f): 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
Channels tv guy was not Igbo.
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by FASTLINK1: 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
I wonder why you guys are reading different meaning from this man's speach. He is acting based on the situation on ground. It is no more News about what the intentions of these killers are.
To me, I believe his expression/ speach is in order and hence would help to show to the outside world that there's serious security challenge in this country.

I am also of the opinion that you can't beat a child and deny him cry.
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by bashr8: 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
That guy is I'll informed like nchara said that channels guy sound like he is from Benin or kogi and not igbos, for the fist time I have to agree that some igbos need to shut their mouth ,they are beginning to talk too much.
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by Lasinoh: 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2012
Chief Tobias Michael Idika, President, [size=20pt]Ohanaeze Ndigbo Kano State Chapter and President General Leaders of Ethnic Communities Resident in Kano State[/size] has claimed that Friday bomb attacks on the city were aimed at Igbo people and that they would [size=20pt]spur an exodus of about three million non-natives out of the city.[/size]

Serves their greeeeeeeeedy, useless, azzzzes right! kiss
Noooooooooooooo. . . make una siddon for dia kamkpe dey do 'My Papa's Land'! grin

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUKs9X8lPb4[/flash]

Make I hear the word 'pogrom' from any of your useless Igbotic smelling mouths I swear.
I go kill una after dem don finish with una dead bodies! kiss
Useless namas who would not sit in their own home states. cheesy
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by emmalexabl(m): 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
@bashr. .
I wish the next target would be ur kith and kins up there,. .so lets see how long you gona keep that ur gutter mouth shut. . Idiot
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by emmalexabl(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
@ lasino
ur fathers' azz shld be the nxt online. .idiot
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by bashr8: 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2012
emmalexabl:

@bashr. .
I wish the next target would be ur kith and kins up there,. .so lets see how long you gona keep that ur gutter mouth shut. .

Leave that talk, why should we have a sizable amount of igbos in the north to start with? We have 5 core igbos states add part of delta and rivers I think that's enough for us. This did not start today it started even before independence I don't know how many more years we have to wait before we learn, I don't have kith and kin there cause igboland is large enough for them,yes there maybe civil servants that can't control where govt post them but there number should not be significant ,if I want to leave igboland I might as well jand
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 22, 2012
who is Tobias Michael idika, ? what"s all these blah!! blah!!!! blah!!!
my friend stop talking trash. carry your bag and come back east if u really exist.
wonder wat pple like you are stupidly doing up north.
Re: Igbos The Target Of Kano Bombs, Leader Claims by oduasolja: 7:14am On Jan 22, 2012
guys this is not funny and should not be tribalised.

innocent people are being killed , the federal govt needs to step in and crush boko haram, now.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Names New Spokesman , Abu Zinnira / "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN / Cabal Begin Fleeing, Launder Loot As Buhari/osinbajo ‘integrity’ Govt Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.