Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose (5847 Views)

Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting / Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) / Splitting Nigeria Now Would Have Devastating Consequences On The South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by nduchucks: 3:49am On Jan 22, 2012
Onlytruth:

@ndu_chucks

I'm already working on a stratagem to ensure that GEJ continues in office after 2015.
Get ready bro. Power will not leave Eastern Nigeria soon. 
. . . and no amount of Boko Haram will change anything. cool

If GEJ fights and defeats BH, significantly reduces corruption, fully deregulate the power sector and pass the PIB, I will vote for him in 2015. I'm for ONE Nigeria, unlike you biafran.

Eze, abeg help me beat this bashr8 to his senses. the boy is too uptight, abeg train am small.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 3:54am On Jan 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

If GEJ fights and defeats BH, significantly reduces corruption, fully deregulate the power sector and pass the PIB, I will vote for him in 2015. I'm for ONE Nigeria, unlike you biafran.

Eze, abeg help me beat this bashr8 to his senses. the boy is too uptight, abeg train am small.

Ol boy, why not require him to find the cure for AIDS too. lol  cheesy
Your terms for supporting GEJ is dishonest and unrealistic. Abeg enter bus, forget the name of the bus!
On GEJ we stand, come rain come shine!  cool

BTW that my brother bashr8 is a pure genius.
I would advise you to listen when he talks.  cool
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by coldhearts(f): 4:13am On Jan 22, 2012
spliting has its own advantages and disadvantages but if we must, it ought to be done peacefully but will our problems go away?

Our problems stems from working against the greater good (allowing a few people to benefit at the expense of others- wheteher it is a foreign corporation or nigerian owned)

Maybe we ought to ask a few questions if we must split.

1. would we have a  new currency with value or retain and devalue the naira more?.(Currency exchange rate is something i will probably never understand or is it the biggest scam in history?)
(my mom once said that there was a time when 1$ was equal to 1Naira, people only travelled out for shopping for wedding clothes in Us and Europe then, now, things have changed)

2. we ought to really be making our own finished products,e.g refining crude oil; we have the human resources, now will this change with splitting?

It is possible that if most people are well off, with good jobs and good leadership in such a  resource rich land, we might not even be talking of spliting but i may be wrong.

--------------------------------
EFCC ought to be commended
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by BlackPikiN(m): 5:16am On Jan 22, 2012
^^^^ I didnt bother to read what you just wrote.
Is your father an EFCC official?
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Nchara: 6:14am On Jan 22, 2012
Quote from Prodam:

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose
« #39 on: Today at 12:41:19 AM »

google or no google? am everly a "student" of History, I have books (ancient), witnesses and pictures regarding Nigeria-Biafra events.i have got  no time to do a comprehensive research about that cos i know the internet might not be unbiased as regard the actual resources in the igboland,

Thanks Nchara for your points but u guys should be ashamed of yourselves that your lands are left unused (undeveloped) despite the huge amount of money you realized from all the natural resources, i went to ebonyi for a film shot and I made some  relevant observations, thanks once again, I have really learnt alot from the argument, infact, one article written by an ibo phd holder made me to understand that:
Southeast is only about 3/5th of Igboland. Igboland covers the whole of Southeast, parts of Rivers, Delta, Benue, and Akwa Ibom states.
this contradicts what my igbo history student wrote in his project ooo.why now,

You are evidently an ignoramus and a poor student of history current affairs. Of course, the internet will only alleviate 1% of your ignorance as you need to be on the ground to see for yourself. Even the 1% internet test you have failed woefully. For your info, Imo and Abia are among the 9 oil-producing states, Anambra has huge oil and gas reserves that have not even been touched. Imo also has huge gas reserve. Enugu has the largest coal reserve in Nigeria. Imo and Abia are among the 14 cocoa-producing states in Nigeria. All sorts of minerals are found in all the states in the SE. We also produce quite enough plant-based food and will do more in the area of animal production if we have to. As you can see, I have not even talked about things in Igbo areas of SS (Rivers and Delta).
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by mensdept: 6:38am On Jan 22, 2012
If Nigeria splits today, the people will have much to gain.

If Nigeria splits today, the greatest losers are simply the current and former office holders sitting in government house in the south. From Gbenga Daniel to Ibori to now Theo Orji, along with the thieves in state assembly, Senators, and Mps.

These idiots are part of the problem at large, and would not have held positions during the times of beta persosn like MI Okpara and Osadebey in the Midwest.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by prodam(m): 7:47am On Jan 22, 2012
To those condemning splitting, I know it should be the last line of action but the current situation of the country has made it a good option to consider

Now take a look at what is really happening in the nation, I can remember vividly that when the rivers state government announced that #4naira would be deducted from the price of petrol in Rivers state only during the protest, some south-easterners were already agitating for a regional government. some posters here on Nairaland were already condemning federalism, are these people true Nigerians?, do these set of people truely want Nigeria to be one? with their myopic view and shallow thinking

I feel sorry for the igbos because your effort of trying to associate yourselves with the south-south will be abortive, How many benefits or favors have you derived from this FG, the earlier you realise that you can't do things alone, the better it is.

Furthermore, to buttress my advocacy of splitting as a solution in this devastating period of the Nation
As a person from the west I can never fight for Abuja(where bombs are being tested). It is not my business.
But if these bombs start to blow up in Western Nigeria, it is very possible that I will be joining the Oduduwa warriors(arising from the  Oduduwa Republic). We will congregate from all over the world. We will take up the war from where our ancestors left them. We will defend Yorubaland with the last drop of our blood.
Western Nigeria-The Yoruba Nations- will not fall again

nchara: you are a loyal and patriotic biafran, take it easy now, your keyboard is precious to me
you and every other person saying igbo have resources, simple, why still wanting to associate yourselves with delta and edo
have you guys forgotten the history of edo, it has a yoruba fundamentals, i will give a lecture on that later.

Mr. Nchara and other defendants wink, for simplicity, my stand reads: we've got 6 geo-political zones, let the 6 go separate ways, the culture is so diverse and  has nothing in common.No love, cheating, killings, on the same issue of ethnicity and religion,

It is here on Nairaland that I heard muslim north and christian south, what a demoralizing statement, it is arrogant, thoughtless and insensitive for anybody to describe Nigeria like that, such statement can never strengthen national unity

Finally, if the Biafra hurdle be started again today, then the population of the republic would be less compared to then, the SS has realized many things and are not ready to loose their precious resources to the hands of the corrupted.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by coldhearts(f): 8:26am On Jan 22, 2012
BlackPikiN:

^^^^ I didnt bother to read what you just wrote.
Is your father an EFCC official?

No, lets not deviate from the topic at hand. I simply think they will be greatly important in the fight against corruption. if we praise them enough and encourage them to do their job, maybe they will do better.
BTW, I'm just trying to hint at the fact that Nigeria's problem is not only an internal one, it has external influence too - split or no split.

@topic
I am not against splitting but it just has to be a peaceful split for us all to get the best out of it.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by onyeokwu: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
Igbo land is sitting on oil

the question is do we need oil to survive the answer is No

right now unconfirmed report reaching now is that oil has been discovered in Ihiala its not a gudnews to me shocked shocked shocked

beside we started with 20pounds plus economic blockage in igboland but we emerge as the strongest and richest

Biafra land covers all igboland from igbanke to obigbo plus AKS/CR the rest can fuckoff grin grin grin cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Litmus: 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
Splitting Nigeria is akin to the guy that slaughtered the goose that laid the golden egg. Even if the ingrimmafor (guts) were pure gold he still lost out in the end.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by onyeokwu: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
manchy7531: it is obvious the igbo will loose in the short run because of their investment spread all over the country but in the long run like in 20 yrs time they will come back to be one of the most economically,technologically powerful country in Africa, give it to them

the yorubas will also loose cos most of their businesses in lagos are run by the igbo and they don't have the business expertise of the igbo,so they will loose alot in revenue and also their investment in the north will also be at risk

we dont need to talk about the core north, they dont exist.their only help will be aid from UN

the south south is not united,they have oil,fine but at the same time they are lazy except those of benin and maybe abit of calabar and awka ibom people.the ijaws,uroboho,itsekiris,ogoni and the rest are not ready to work,and they so believe in militancy and oil commission from oil companies with they will use to drink ogogoro ,like as if without oil there is not life.they will also be faced with environmental problem both air,land and sea and could also be a potential somalia figthing for land and expansion because of it multi-ethnic nature and also i see it as the most volatile region in Nigeria right now waiting to blow.

the middle belt will be confronted with their northern neighbors that will be fighting them for land and religious dominance which is also a problem

i think all in all.the igbos and the yorubas will most likely be the most beneficiary just that i don't see how the yorubas can do without the igbos and how the igbo will want to leave there investment in the south west especially Lagos,

i see a more of a southern Nigeria but if we happen to go along our tribal line then it will only be political not economical because we all still need each other,

the igbos after sometime will obviously go back to lagos and south west and other old Nigerian regions to colonize them economically,like they have being colonizing west Africa(they run most of the trade in west Africa and Africa beyond)that is their gift from God you cant take it away, i see them like the Germans of Africa.despite the lost they suffered during the civil war and starting life with just 20pounds and the oppressive Nigerian policy toward the igbos,they have still manage to distinguish themselves and tell the world you cannot bend them, i give it to them.

1 million likes but remove that southern nigeria nonesence next time Biafra is the only way Igbos/AKS/CR the rest can fuckoff we dont want lazy mofos in the new Biafra

1 Like

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by swedbase(m): 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
On Biafra we stand.
This is our high commission office in Europe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Late DIG Haruna's Mother Dies Of Shock / Eko: The Coastal Road From Lekki To Ondo State Is Bad, No Investment / Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.