Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (106967 Views)

Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory / Kuwaiti Prince, Abdullah Al-sabah Converts Into Christianity / Kuwaiti Shi'ite Sheikh Praises Temporary Marriage For A Handful Of Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by dbride: 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
@Brainpulse  To God be the glory; since then, God has taken me to greatest heights from one level to another, precept upon precept, line upon line. It has been a bond with God thru Jesus Christ.

You know what? The blood of Jesus was shed for muslims, pagans, for everyone. Everybody has his day and God himself is able to touch us all. Jesus will not shed His blood in vain!!!!!!  God bless you beyond your expectation!!
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by brainpulse: 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
Even if Islam is the fastest growing rlegion nobody is arguing or protesting that, we just urge you please stop violents in the name of religion and let development takes its place.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by brainpulse: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2012
dbride:

@Brainpulse To God be the glory; since then, God has taken me to greatest heights from one level to another, precept upon precept, line upon line. It has been a bond with God thru Jesus Christ.

You know what? The blood of Jesus was shed for muslims, pagans, for everyone. Everybody has his day and God himself is able to touch us all. Jesus will not shed His blood in vain!!!!!! God bless you beyond your expectation!!

I nver regretted for once ever knowing and dedicating my ife to God, Its testimonies upon testimonies. We are not of this world, so let them fight for who gets things. But we have a higher calling in Christ Jesus, whom has gone to prepare a place for us, so that where He is we will be there with Him.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by waxrider: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2012
even if is true, Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. statistic is there

http://articles.cnn.com/1997-04-14/world/9704_14_egypt.islam_1_islamic-world-scarves-or-veils-prophet-mohammed?_s=PM:WORLD

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2007/05/13/the_list_the_worlds_fastest_growing_religions

The List: The World's Fastest-Growing Religions
From Muslims in Europe to evangelical Christians in Africa, it is religious believers who are shaping the early 21st Century. Charismatic movements are sweeping throughout the Southern Hemisphere, while high birth rates among immigrants are provoking soul-seeking in the historically Christian West. For this List, FP looks at the fast-growing faiths that are upending the old world order.
MAY 14, 2007

QASSEM ZEIN/AFP/Getty Images

Islam

Growth rate*: 1.84 percent

Adherents: 1.3 billion

Behind the trend: High birthrates in Asia, the Middle East, and Europe

Areas to watch: The worlds largest Muslim populations are in fast-growing countries such as Indonesia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Egypt, and Iran. Islam also happens to be the fastest growing religion in Europe, where an influx of Muslim immigrants from North Africa, Turkey, and South Asia has sent shock waves into a mostly Christian and secular population whose birthrates have stagnated. The Muslim question has empowered anti-immigrant parties in France, Austria, Denmark, the Netherlands, and Germany, while sparking a fierce debate over the place of women in Islam and symbols of faith like the Muslim head scarf.

Moshe Milner/GPO/Newsmakers

The Bahai Faith*

Growth rate: 1.70 percent

Adherents: 7.7 million

Behind the trend: High birthrates in India

Areas to watch: Bahais are spread throughout the world, but a good chunkaround 1.8 millionlive in India. The Bahai faith was founded in 1863 in Iran by Bahullh, who claimed to be the latest in a line of prophets stretching from Abraham to Jesus Christ to Mohammed. The world headquarters of the Bahai faith are in Haifa, Israel. Today, Bahais often suffer persecution elsewhere in the Middle East, especially in Iran.

RAVEENDRAN/AFP/Getty Images

Sikhism

Growth rate: 1.62 percent

Adherents: 25.8 million

Areas to watch: Thousands of Sikhs were killed during the bloody partition between Pakistan and India in 1947, and at least 3,000 Sikhs were killed by Hindu mobs in New Delhi following the assassination of Indira Gandhi by a pair of Sikh extremists in 1984. Today, Sikhs are prospering. The prime minister of India, Manmohan Singh, is Sikh. Over 90 percent of the worlds Sikhs live in India; of those, a large majority are concentrated in the northern Indian state of Punjab. Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States host growing Sikh minorities of several hundred thousand people each. In several isolated incidents after 9/11, turban-wearing Sikh men in Britain and the United States were mistaken for Muslims and attacked.

AFP/Getty Images

Jainism

Growth rate: 1.57 percent

Adherents: 5.9 million

Areas to watch: Jains are a small but relatively powerful minority in India, making up about half of one percent of the population. They tend to be concentrated in Rajasthan and Gujarat. Outside of India, some of the largest concentrations of Jains are in Leicester, UK; Mombasa, Kenya; and major cities in the United States.

Mario Tama/Getty Images

Hinduism

Growth rate: 1.52 percent

Adherents: 870 million

Behind the trend: Surprise! High birthrates in India

Areas to watch: Most of the worlds Hindus live in India, and, to a lesser extent, Bangladesh, and Nepal. Significant Hindu minorities also live in Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Pakistan, and Malaysia. Since the 1960s, Hindus have become a growing presence in the United States, with as many as 1.5 million generally well-off adherents spread across the continent and prevalent in Texas, New Jersey, and Ohio. There are also several hundred thousand Hindus in the United Kingdom and South Africa, and there is a small Hindu minority in Russia, where its presence has excited controversy in the Russian Orthodox Church.

PIUS UTOMI EKPEI/AFP/Getty Images

Christianity

Growth rate: 1.38 percent

Adherents: 2.2 billion

Behind the trend: High birthrates and conversions in the global South

Areas to watch: Pentecostal movements in Latin America, Africa, China, and India. The fastest-growing individual church in the world is Misin Carismtica Internacional in Colombia; the Pentecostal denomination began in 1983 in Bogot and now boasts 150,000 members. Then theres Orissa Baptist Evangelical Crusade in India, which reports some 670,000 adherents. And in China, tens of millions of Christians practice their faith under the watchful eye of a very suspiciousand often hostileChinese government.

*Growth rates over the period from 2000 to 2005; all figures from the nondenominational World Christian Database, a project of the Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.

*The entry on the Bahai faith was revised to reflect the concerns of readers. Originally, the item was entitled Bahaism, and described the religion as an offshoot of Islam. Additionally, the sentence on Israel was clarified to better reflect the fact that Bahais are treated well in that country, but face discrimination elsewhere in the Middle East.

Since when is this ur statistic ?

In this terrrorism age when those convertee are coming back after seeing lies and murder at the extreme.

Should I give u another statistics that show xtianity is far growing in africa ?

But growing or not, Christianity still remains the largest.

The growth is short, many people are reconsidering moving to religion of hate. Many Americans are not educated about islam that is why americans are no more tolerants of muslims.

September 11 is the overall game changer.

Iran and Saudis are converting not to mention the topic itself
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by manny4life(m): 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2012
@antaala,

No one cares which religion is growing fast; after all Catholic religion is the biggest in the world with more than followers. I believe what people are saying "Islam" has never been a religion of peace,

brainpulse:

Even if Islam is the fastest growing rlegion nobody is arguing or protesting that, we just urge you please stop violents in the name of religion and let development takes its place.

Exactly.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LEXYLOV: 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2012
If this is true story. It's good for him. But will certainly have to face a biggest challenge of his life with that, may God protect him. lipsrsealed
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by olapluto(m): 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2012
dbride:

@Sweetnecta, there are so many like that. I am one of them. When I embraced Christ in Kano, I announced it to other die-hard muslims. They came with the aim of killing me but to my greatest surprise they went round my house asking me unconnected questions, drank water and left. So many who knew their plans were equally surprised. Power pass power!!!!!
Your testimony na waaa. You were a 'die-hard' muslim, you found Christ(who was never lost) in Kano. And then, you knew the intention of the 'other die hard muslims'. They came to your house, asked you questions and left. But after they left, you said to yourself: they must have come to kill me!
When next you want to post something here, think twice. You're not talking to your fellow church members. Some people actually see beyond cosmetic testimonies

1 Like

Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Jarus(m): 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2012
Because a Kuwaiti prince converts to Christianity(that's if its true), does that invalidate Islam?
I, for one, am not moved by these kind of stories. I choose the religion I practice based on my personal convictions, never because of someone else(who is just another human being like me). I look at the fundamentals of areligion to evaluate it, not based on what x or y does, after all I have my own sense of reasoning and I don't need a Kuwaiti Prince's action to validate or invalidate what my beliefs.

Abdallah's conversion(if true), no denying, is high profile but so are many other high profile conversions across religions. I know a highly respected company CEO in Nigeria, from Delta state, that converted to Islam. Lawyer trained in England, now one of teh top 10 executives in oil and gas industry in Nigeria. Many people dont even know he is a Muslim because he retains his Christian name till today, officially. He is a highly practising Muslim. He also converted his mother, a retired Justice of Nigeria's Court of Appeal. I only refrain from mentioning name because of some reasons. But I mention this to point that if high profile conversion is what validates a religion, then all religions have high profile conversions they can point to.

After all, Seun, owner of NL, dumped Christianity for athesim, maybe that will validate atheism?

1 Like

Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Cogent: 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2012
Abeg make una leave davidylan/frosbel/waxwhatever.

Jobless guys do stuff like this.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by dbride: 5:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
I have tasted all and can CONFIDENTLY tell that believing in Jesus Christ and WALKING with Him in Spirit and Truth brought me into a place of freedom, peace, hope, PROTECTION. I call it RELATIONSHIP because God still talks to man in the Garden of Eden!! Mysteries, mysteries.

@Lagoshia & co, behold your time will come. Soonest, you will sing a new song.  My time came and I embraced it wholeheartedly. It will surely happen for you I know!!! Taste and see that the Lord is good. Love you all, my muslim brothers and sisters, wait for your time.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by waxrider: 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2012
Abeg make una leave davidylan/frosbel/waxwhatever.

Jobless guys do stuff like this.

add cogent to the list.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2012
Jarus:

Because a Kuwaiti prince converts to Christianity(that's if its true), does that invalidate Islam?
I, for one, am not moved by these kind of stories. I choose the religion I practice based on my personal convictions, never because of someone else(who is just another human being like me). I look at the fundamentals of areligion to evaluate it, not based on what x or y does, after all I have my own sense of reasoning and I don't need a Kuwaiti Prince's action to validate or invalidate what my beliefs.

Abdallah's conversion(if true), no denying, is high profile but so are many other high profile conversions across religions. I know a highly respected company CEO in Nigeria, from Delta state, that converted to Islam. Lawyer trained in England, now one of teh top 10 executives in oil and gas industry in Nigeria. Many people dont even know he is a Muslim because he retains his Christian name till today, officially. He is a highly practising Muslim. He also converted his mother, a retired Justice of Nigeria's Court of Appeal. I only refrain from mentioning name because of some reasons. But I mention this to point that if high profile conversion is what validates a religion, then all religions have high profile conversions they can point to.

After all, Seun, owner of NL, dumped Christianity for athesim, maybe that will validate atheism?

Thats why I like you Jarus, if all Muslims were peaceful like you  undecided

grin grin
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by dbride: 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2012
@ Ola pluto,  you know what, so many who disputed my testimonies are now in Christ. If you do not want to be like them, then try not to think (I repeat THINK) that I am making up stories. Keep analising, but I warn you spritual things DO NOT MAKE SENSE, they are not for the wise but for the humble or the one with a child-like heart. Keep your wisdom, it will not touch God in any way. Besides, who cares whether you believe me or not, I did not speak to convince anybody. I have what I have, I am who I am,  your unbelief is so much your problem NOT MINE.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by dbride: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
@ Ola pluto; Spiritual things, I mean as it affects Christianity-Jesus Christ to be precise.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Dollop: 5:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
Boy, isn't it nice to see people rise in defence their religion. Now, how many truely practice what they preach (and don't give me the 'No one is perfect' line). Why dont you all do some good in the name of whatever religion you practice and make this world a better place for all of us. Maybe then, it would be a lot easier to get converts. javascript:void(0);
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Spitzer: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2012
When did the truth of religion become measured by who converts?

The story appears to get k-leg though ! http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=13003
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2012
imagine a world without islam
imagine nigeria without islam.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by joeace2020(m): 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2012
9jacrip:

After reading all the posts between the 'defenders' of Islam and Frosbel, I came to a conclusion that truly the Muslims on this thread are shaken.

I have a friend whom I graduated with, one of his big brothers who's part of US marines I think - converted to Christianity and I couldn't believe how a blood brother and a family would rain curses and wish evils for his/their own blood because he converted to Christianity? I've noticed how Muslims get aggressive when their believe is at the losing end.
This my friend even almost got into a physical altercation with me over the fact that the 'Mecca water' his Mother brought for him to drink to help him with his constant battle with serious blocked nostrils which affects his breath failed to work and he looked dumb and helpless trying to defend the religion even more - I just laugh at Muslims when they get all jagged when defending their faith - it is even more funny when they deny their fellow Muslims who 'bomb' for the religion - you'd hear 'those ones are not Muslims, they are fools' LOOOL!

Disclaimer: I'm no Christian, neither am I a Muslim - I don't do religion.

God hv mercy on your soul
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Akiika: 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2012
Ignoramuses leaving dumb and silly comments. Y'all failed to stand up to issues that affects you when it mattered most. Y'all are openly displaying your ignorance on the religions you are stupidly fighting for/criticizing while less than 1% of the population are feeding fat on our common wealth. With the record breaking number of churches and mosques in our God forsaken country, we are still one of the most corrupt nations of the world, we've got an absolute disregard for human life e.t.c. The amazing thing is, all of our corrupt leaders are either christians or muslims. I saw the picture of GEJ kneeling infront of Pastor Adeboye for annointing the other time and i laughed. Continue the 'internet tiger' and wait for how much it will help your plight. Mschew!!!
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by joeace2020(m): 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2012
brainpulse:

that is all we ask for
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2012
who told u dat seun was a christian, okay d kind of my christian abi, Taaaaaaaaaa u ar a masquerade if u keep giving instances as if u eat from ur anal pore
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2012
frosbel:
Quote from: Sweetnecta on January 21, 2012, 08:35 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^ the same God who can't save himself from the cross? Or the God who didn't the save the one on the cross?

Stan are you okay after the headache subsided?

Let's talk about your DEAF and DUMB ALLAH  , who cannot fight for or prove himself, instead he sends his brainwashed soilders to go and kill for him promising them 72 virgins.

Sickening.

MAY THE WRATH OF ALLAH SUBUHANA WATA-HALA STRIKE YOU WITHIN 72HOURS FOR UTTERING. SUCH STATEMENT.

Except of course you apologize openly on this same forum before then.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2012
talknafree:

frosbel:
Quote from: Sweetnecta on January 21, 2012, 08:35 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^ the same God who can't save himself from the cross? Or the God who didn't the save the one on the cross?

Stan are you okay after the headache subsided?

Let's talk about your DEAF and DUMB ALLAH  , who cannot fight for or prove himself, instead he sends his brainwashed soilders to go and kill for him promising them 72 virgins.

Sickening.

MAY THE WRATH OF ALLAH SUBUHANA WATA-HALA STRIKE YOU WITHIN 72HOURS FOR UTTERING. SUCH STATEMENT.

Except of course you apologize openly on this same forum before then.

The curse has passed over me, I know not your ALLAH grin

Have you not heard, we have been delivered from the curse !!

Jesus is LORD !!
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2012
Bleep islam, the devils religion.

a religion of peace indeed.

u all may escape the judgement on earth but u will never escape the judgement of God after death.

my message to you all murderous muslims is that no body will live forever on earth. you will all die
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2012
keep killing for your murderous allah!!!! all because of 77 virgins. fork you all
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2012
let us use contemplative speech when corresponding with our Muslim brothers.

Surely we can express our thoughts without descending to the level of some people on this forum  undecided

Let us remain civil  please

Peace !
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by juman(m): 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2012
Hiss and so what?

Even I don't think the story is true.

Kuwaiti Prince is like an ordinary muslim on the street.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LagosShia: 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2012
frosbel:

The curse has passed over me, I know not your ALLAH grin

Have you not heard, we have been delivered from the curse !!

Jesus is LORD !!

you didn't tell us that you also have turned him into a curse:

Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of Godwink that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Acidosis(m): 6:33pm On Jan 23, 2012
God bless you my prince, you made the greastest decision in life.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
@lagoshia or wateva, how long wil u remain a slowpoke, dat verse is referring to some1 who commits suidcide ie d deutronomy verse. I know u guys enjoy suicide like lollipop especially wen garnished wid tnt bomb strapped to ur body but dem christians don't and c it as an abomination
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by manny4life(m): 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2012
LagosShia:

you didn't tell us that you also have turned him into a curse:

Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of Godwink that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Your type reads the Bible upside down, you read verse 20 and above but you don't start from verse 1 to read. SMH at your pitiful state of mind, our dear lord will grant you wisdom and knowledge, say AMEN. grin grin grin
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LagosShia: 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
Movingcoil:

@lagoshia or wateva, how long wil u remain a slowpoke, dat verse is referring to some1 who commits suidcide ie d deutronomy verse. I know u guys enjoy suicide like lollipop especially wen garnished wid tnt bomb strapped to ur body but dem christians don't and c it as an abomination

where did you see "suicide" in the two verses i presented?

it says in deuteronomy : "for he that is hanged is cursed".and galatians based it words on the verse of deuteronomy.galatians even pointed to Christ!

manny4life:

Your type reads the Bible upside down, you read verse 20 and above but you don't start from verse 1 to read. SMH at your pitiful state of mind, our dear lord will grant you wisdom and knowledge, say AMEN. grin grin grin

dont wish for that.i dont want to regard him as a "curse"!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Barka Juma'ah / Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.