Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries (2769 Views)

Am Chargin Minimum Of 1 Million Naira Now 4 Any Web I Build / Electricity Grid Maintains Rise, Now 4,662mw / Power Generation Hits Another All Time High, Now 4,237mw. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by KnowAll(m): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2012
What are we waiting for in Nigeria, where we have Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Berom, Tiv, Edo, Igbirra, Urobho,Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio and Jukun all in one country. We should go our separate way or form alliance with one and another in order to stay together, check out Somalia.

Somalia at this point in time is divided into 4 independent states

1. Republic of Somililand in the North West with Capital in Hargesia

2. Puntland in the North East with Capital in Garowe

3. Mogadishu area which is central Somalia controlled by Transitional Federal Government or TFG

4. Jubaland or Azania or better still Southern Somalia close to the Kenyan borders with capital - Kismayo. This area is presently controlled by Al-Shebab

All these territories are semi Automounous except for Puntland and Republic of Somalialand that have actually gone their own way. Somalialand Republic has had 2 democratic elections since breaking away from the rest of Somalia.

What is Nigeria waiting for then, if a country populated by a single ethnic group can break up into 4 countries what are we waiting for!! undecided
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by tpia5: 10:50am On Jan 22, 2012
why are some nigerians always comparing themselves to somalians?

this is embarassing!!

of course the op might not be nigerian, or possibly has a low IQ.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by KnowAll(m): 10:52am On Jan 22, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfeeFJSFdb0&feature=fvsr

Somalialand celeberating their 17th year of indpendence.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by tpia5: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2012
you have low IQ.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by KnowAll(m): 10:55am On Jan 22, 2012
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/countingthecost/2012/01/201212111213181948.html

Puntland Republic prospecting for Black Gold(oil) in their territory
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by mikuz(m): 11:00am On Jan 22, 2012
lmao @ low IQ
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by KnowAll(m): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2012
you have low IQ.

I don't know what beef u have with somalians but the fact still remains once people have identify they cannot live together in harmony, they should go their sepearte ways. I can see you are in Ausee, don't u get embarass by all these bombing in Nigeria, tommorow now people would be asking me at work,  what is happening in Nigeria and I would be dumb-founded like GEJ , looking like a m0-ron, don't u think it is better we go our sepeate ways.  undecided

YOU WOULD be surprise if Puntland Struck oil, they would be like Dubai(because the little I have seen from the Somalian community in London one can tell they have good business acumen), meanwhile Nigeria in that silly contraption would continue to bludgeon themselves to death over oil and religion and if they are not killing each other, the so called elite Nigerians would be busy stealing the peoples money. Is that a country!! undecided

I think u are the one with low IQ,
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by KnowAll(m): 11:13am On Jan 22, 2012
http://www.iri.org/news-events-press-center/news/somaliland-holds-credible-presidential-election

Somaliland holds credible elections.

Why do we in Nigeria live in self-denial, l undecided
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by ak47mann(m): 11:39am On Jan 22, 2012
Good question!! but you are asking the wrong people Nigerians are scared of the truth cool cool
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by KnowAll(m): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2012
Hundreds of thousands of Somalilanders turned out to vote in their fourth election, and although wanting international recognition, did not wait to continue to build their nascent democracy.

My Mistake I said Somaliland has had 2 democratic elections I did not even know it is their 4th election that puts their democracy at par with ours, kudos to them.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by KnowAll(m): 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2012
Look at the happy faces of the free independent nation of Somaliland compare that with the anguish in Mogadishu and Southern SOMALIA.

http://www.ednahospital.org/galleries/somaliland-gallery/
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by KnowAll(m): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2012
http://www.seastravel.com/africa/somalia/ambassador/index.html

new hotel in Somliland. Independence sweet oh cool
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by KnowAll(m): 4:18pm On Jan 22, 2012
If somalia can be devided into 4, then surely landlocked Biafra is ripe for independence. lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by paragonpro: 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2012
thanks knowall, at least you accept that Biafra would be landlocked. A lot of your brothers include the whole of the SS including all the oil wells inside their own idea of Biafra.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by karfe(m): 5:38pm On Jan 22, 2012
KnowAll:

What are we waiting for in Nigeria, where we have Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Berom, Tiv, Edo, Igbirra, Urobho,Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio and Jukun all in one country. We should go our separate way or form alliance with one and another in order to stay together, check out Somalia.

Somalia at this point in time is divided into 4 independent states

1. Republic of Somililand in the North West with Capital in Hargesia

2. Puntland in the North East with Capital in Garowe

3. Mogadishu area which is central Somalia controlled by Transitional Federal Government or TFG

4. Jubaland or Azania or better still Southern Somalia close to the Kenyan borders with capital - Kismayo. This area is presently controlled by Al-Shebab

All these territories are semi Automounous except for Puntland and Republic of Somalialand that have actually gone their own way. Somalialand Republic has had 2 democratic elections since breaking away from the rest of Somalia.

What is Nigeria waiting for then, if a country populated by a single ethnic group can break up into 4 countries what are we waiting for!! undecided

These countries were different entities during the colonial times, even though they are not recognized yet. Maybe African colonial boundaries are affecting us so much that we cannot create our own natural boundaries. I can recall Soyinka once calling for redrawing of African borders. I guess that will never happen, but countries like Nigeria will have to redraw their own natural internal borders
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by tunnytox(m): 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2012
tpia@:

you have low IQ.

Lol @ KnowAll clueless grin grin grin
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by bashr8: 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2012
paragonpro:

thanks knowall, at least you accept that Biafra would be landlocked. A lot of your brothers include the whole of the SS including all the oil wells inside their own idea of Biafra.

Don't worry we will leave behind the oil wells in abia, IMO and anambra. We will also sell of the ikwerres,delta igbos, upland rivers igbos to you as slaves  I hope that will satisfy you and we will also make sure we close river naija and imo rivers access to the Atlantic ocean.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by lagcity(m): 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2012
^
so when r we declaring the second biafra? it is taking too long na.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by paragonpro: 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2012
How do what you wrote above relate to my post.

I have seen maps of biafra include Ijaw land, itsekiri land and other non ibo speaking tribes without even asking for their consent.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by bashr8: 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2012
paragonpro:

How do what you wrote above relate to my post.

I have seen maps of biafra include Ijaw land, itsekiri land and other non ibo speaking tribes without even asking for their consent.

No map of biafra includes itshekiri land mumu. Are you I jaw or ibibio? Why are you crying for them? Who was biafra second in command and last commander? Busy body
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by bashr8: 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2012
lagcity:

^
so when r we declaring the second biafra? it is taking too long na.

Nobody is declaring anything cus we are surrounded by cowards and traitors, we will all watch Nigeria burn with our koro koro eyes after all that's your wish a I no be so
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by paragonpro: 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2012
I avoid exchanging words with bigots who only know how to throw insults instead of engaging in intelligent debates.

Eya e dey pain you say we no go conceed one inch of land to biafra. If you like go and jump into the Atlantic or should I say the river niger at Onitsha bridge.

As your brother said Biafra would be a land locked country, learn to accept it.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by ezeagu(m): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2012
paragonpro:

I avoid exchanging words with bigots who only know how to throw insults instead of engaging in intelligent debates.

Eya e dey pain you say we no go conceed one inch of land to biafra. If you like go and jump into the Atlantic or should I say the river niger at Onitsha bridge.

I'm laughing at your hypocrisy (it changes from line to line).
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by bashr8: 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2012
paragonpro:

Biafra ls not a lanlocked country Wikipedia and Google are free,  secondly assuming it is why is it paining you non biafra soon much , how come biafans are not complaining about rather non biafrans are soon concerned about it? You are suffering from the black man greatest curse and disease called bad belle, anyway as long as igbos have the lowest poverty we really not bothered.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by paragonpro: 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2012
Ezeagu and Bashr8,

I do not understand you guys, if you are fighting for a Biafra, that is your cup of coffee. Watin concern other SS tribes? Why are you always so worked up anytime someone brings you back to reality.

You are even sabotaging your Biafra before you even start. you want to force people who has no relationship with the igbo ; culturally, liguistically or politically to join your biafra.

You said Biafra would not be land locked, so whose land are you going to annex to get access to the sea? Because I do not know any Igbo speaking riverine community. Take it from me, the Ijaws, the Urhobos, the itsekiris, the ibibios, the calabaris, the ilajes, the binis, etc would not be part of your biafra.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by russellino: 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2012
@ paragonpro - wetin concern u for biafra na? Secondl who mentioned other ethnic groups from the south-south? Save ya energy
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by bashr8: 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2012
Paragorp Like I said itshekiri,edo ilage and co were never part of biafra, if the country breaks up everybody chooses where they want to go so i don't know what you mean by forcing them but former biafra consisted of the whole eastern Nigeria and it was not landlocked stop acting like like child, I personally would prefer an only igbos speaking country but what baffles me is why your so concerned about the east while poverty is ravaging the west , use that energy to find solution to it rather than nosing about. Whther its only igboland or the whole east we will still have access to the ocean and oil and natural gas in abundance.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by paragonpro: 7:48pm On Jan 22, 2012
What concern me about Ibo affairs? We (other Niger tribes) abhor domination by bigger tribes and would not want to swap domination from Nigeria to Domination by Biafra. It would pay us even more if Nigeria splits and we are allowed to control out resources.

I keep telling you that you cannot achieve anything with this your arrogant posture. If you people feel you can achieve you Biafra alone without any alliance whatsoever, then other tribes will just "siddon look". If you succeed then the other tribes would have to join together to repel biafran aggression.
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by asorocker: 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2012
How come Biafra gives some people more head ache than all the bombings of Boko Haram put together, people who fail to plan now will plan to fail later
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by ak47mann(m): 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2012
bashr8:

Paragorp Like I said itshekiri,edo ilage and co were never part of biafra, if the country breaks up everybody chooses where they want to go so i don't know what you mean by forcing them but former biafra consisted of the whole eastern Nigeria and it was not landlocked stop acting like like child, I personally would prefer an only igbos speaking country but what baffles me is why your so concerned about the east while poverty is ravaging the west , use that energy to find solution to it rather than nosing about. Whther its only igboland or the whole east we will still have access to the ocean and oil and natural gas in abundance.
they are panicking that's all bloody cowards cool
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by ak47mann(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2012
paragonpro:

What concern me about Ibo affairs? We (other Niger tribes) abhor domination by bigger tribes and would not want to swap domination from Nigeria to Domination by Biafra. It would pay us even more if Nigeria splits and we are allowed to control out resources.

I keep telling you that you cannot achieve anything with this your arrogant posture. If you people feel you can achieve you Biafra alone without any alliance whatsoever, then other tribes will just "siddon look". If you succeed then the other tribes would have to join together to repel biafran aggression.
every Yoruba is claiming ND does it mean that you people don't have identity?don't you feel ashamed of claiming the same minority you people were putting down thinking they will never rule your lazy self, you people don't have pride at all? Jonathan know you lot very well and he is using his sense when dealing with you back stabbers region, soldiers still dey lagos abi cheesy cheesy fisher man don dey fish una cool
Re: Do You Know Monolithic Somalia Is Now 4 Countries by OneNaira6: 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
Bashr8

SE, you really do not know your neighborhood in SS at all do you? Even from a far away it is easily seen that paragonpro is not from SS. You're fighting a wannabe trying to derail this thread. Don't mind him, the topic is more important.

^^^^@OP
I wouldn't support comparing Nigeria to Somali but in this case, I support.  Even a country like Somali can separate, why shouldn't Nigeria? No be by force to stick together in a failed marriage Nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians, Nothing Is Working!! I Pray For A Military Coup! / Gov Rochas Shut Down Abia Line Transport Company Office In Owerri...read Details / President Jonathan's Independence Day Address 7am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.