Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally (9517 Views)

Alledged Plan To Islamise Nigeria: “Methodist Prelate Refutes Report”.. / Lagos Civil Servants Vacate Offices Over Protest Rumour / Buhari, Amaechi, Others In Protest Rally Against FG In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by MAYOWAAK: 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2012
‘They Should Not Lead Any Rally’

(His Eminence, Dr. Sunday Ola Makinde, Prelate, Methodist Church, Nigeria)

THE role of any clergy is to stand in the gap between the government and the people. They should intercede on behalf of the people. Divine intervention is better than any rally. A cleric should not lead in any rally, but advise government on what they should do. You don’t lead the crowd. By doing so, you are telling us that God is weak in dealing with any situation.

We know Bakare is a politician, whether you like it or not. For him, political assignment is his primary while his religious obligation is secondary. I can call on government or advise the government to do this or that. But when a clergyman embarks on a rally or protest, it is inciting the people against the government. Area boys (miscreants) can hijack it from him and begin to unleash terror before our very eyes. ‘Oh, look at our pastor’. It is very easy to set up a fire, but difficult to quench it. When the government is doing something that is bad, we speak out. We can call for a press conference where we advise the government to do what is right.

This man (Jonathan) we are talking about needs our prayers, whether you are a Muslim or Christian. He needs our prayers in order to govern well. I was in the Holy Land (Israel) when I heard what was going on and I thank God for intervening. I thank God for answering our prayers.

I appeal to clerics not to use their cassocks or positions to get involved in any rally. For Tunde Bakare, we all know him as an activist; he was a running mate to the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), who was defeated in the 2011 presidential election.

For me, government cannot take him seriously. He is fighting for his belly; he’s fighting for the theology of his stomach. We should not mix politics with religion. It is very dangerous for our nation. Bakare is mixing politics with religion and I advise that no cleric should mix politics with religion. May God bless our Fatherland. Amen.

http://ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74589:role-of-clerics-in-mass-protest-&catid=102:ibru-ecumenical-centre&Itemid=596
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Wily1Wily: 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2012
Fake Prophet Kekere Bakere,
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by antartica(m): 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2012
Wily1Wily:

Fake Prophet Kekere Bakere,

Just like beaf.Men that are damned for life,always speaking the opposite.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by EkoIle1: 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2012
That dumb as///s prelate can go fcukkk himself,
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by koruji(m): 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2012
Let that stay for you, sir. Religion is really all about politics whether Christendom, Islam, Traditional - Majek Fashek had it right - religion is politics.

So, what do you say about the life accomplishments of Martin Luther King, Jr. 

What I disagreed with was the Buhari-Bakare ticket - he obviously had none of the political capital that Buhari needed to succeed, and neither did Buhari!!!

MAYOWAAK:

For me, government cannot take him seriously. He is fighting for his belly; he’s fighting for the theology of his stomach. We should not mix politics with religion. It is very dangerous for our nation. Bakare is mixing politics with religion and I advise that no cleric should mix politics with religion. May God bless our Fatherland. Amen.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Ufeolorun(m): 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
Mr. Makinde should go and sit down,the Nigerian situation is beyond  phone call conversation.You either get involved or shush!  angry.You sound like a pentecostal pastor another Oritsejafor in the making.Almost 200 Nigerians were slaughtered withing 3 hours in Kano and all you want to do is 'intercede' so God would come down from heaven and heal a clueless man  of over 40
Mr. Makinde sir!!!!!,you need to learn from pastor Bakare but if that is too much,what about Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi,Cardinal okogie or FR.Kukah

I am a christian and i fully subscribe to PASTOR Tunde bakare's activism without any reservation.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by klarry79: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2012
the likes of makinde continue to remind us ofte failure of the church in acting as a voice for justice and righteousness in the affairs of our nation.
can someone remind him that martin luther king was a Baptist preacher who fought the reign of segregation and discrimination in the U.S and is remembered more as an activist that a preacher.

makinde and his likes do not have the courage to look evil in the eye and take a stand

sad that many of our preachers will hide under the "leave politics to politicians cloak" to cover their ineptitude.

Elijah confronted Ahab and Jezebel, nathan confronted David and so many other examples abound in the bible that these people claim to read yet do not follow

angry angry angry angry
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Akanniade(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
Do these spawns of satan read the bible at all? I recommend reading the books of Jeremiah and Ezekiel to Ola Makinde who wants to be politically correct while his congregation languish under the yoke of glorified despots. Being a pastor is not only about wearing your fancy cassocks and visiting Isreal. Our country is dying and we need more pastors to do what Bakare is doing.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by jimmysho(m): 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2012
A preacher that have secured contract from the govt cant critice it because if dare, pandora box wil be open. pastor Bakare keep doing the right thing for our nation. same cleric will acknowledge your good work at the long run
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by brainpulse: 8:17am On Jan 23, 2012
Who made Makinde the chief judge, as he forgotten that :thou shall not judge any man, with the same measure you had judge, Martin luther king, Moses, Ezra champion and emancipate there people from political, religion and master slavery.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by gascoign1(m): 8:20am On Jan 23, 2012
Can someone remind dis Fake Prelate that Desmond Tutu is an Arch Bishop who fought for the people of South Africa even till date,
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Acidosis(m): 8:20am On Jan 23, 2012
Why is there no iman leading any protest? some pastors ehn, sabi fool themself o. sure bakare no get any vision for life, no wonder in no dey succeed for anything for politics just in brother okotie. I wonder what this people take GOD for
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 23, 2012
I hope the reetard is still buying fuel at 140 naira. Ungrateful beetches
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by ab1x: 8:24am On Jan 23, 2012
He is not an upright man. Our religious leaders are something else. I went to Winners chapel yesterday and the resident pastor said that winners congregation should not get themselves involved in political rally that even if the petrol is N200 per liter one should pray to God to give one the grace to buy it. I was very annoyed, I wish I could raise my hand to challenge him into a debate. This I don't care attitude of our pastors will never lead us to anywhere. It is high time we take our course into our hands and fight for what rightly belongs to us. If we are afraid to die then I must say that we will continue to live as a coward. Thanks,

1 Like

Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Kolababa: 8:30am On Jan 23, 2012
Is this not the same methodist church that helped Akala to transfer his loot abroad?
Is this not the same methodist church that directed their members in Oyo State to vote for Akala in 2007.
CHURCH HYPOCRISY.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by gascoign1(m): 8:31am On Jan 23, 2012
Acidosis:

Why is there no iman leading any protest? some pastors ehn, sabi fool themself o. sure bakare no get any vision for life, no wonder in no dey succeed for anything for politics just in brother okotie. I wonder what this people take GOD for

Dis is why we will keep suffering because people like you can not see the light,is anybody born a politician? If i decide to run for an office just to redeem my people from poverty,boko Haram and corruption, does that make me a vision less man? Most of all our pastors are very interested in the tithe,offerings and church donations while its member brings and rely on God to do its miracles.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by pek(m): 8:33am On Jan 23, 2012
Makinde gets it all and  i am so disappointed in his utterances. So, Bakare being a pastor, is no longer a Nigerian? It is people like Makinde that hide behind their cassock in the time of adversity. People are being killed daily by BH and his excellency Makinde hasnt come to say anything meaningful. Martin Luther King is a world renowed figure who cast outside when it mattered most. Makindè should shut up and keep on idolisingly the government like he always does.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by hannahmay(f): 8:36am On Jan 23, 2012
Thousands of Nigerians is contributing here bt it's nt helping. Think we r jxt alone. They aren't listening. So why wasting our precious time??
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Acidosis(m): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2012
This man is on point. why would a leader of a church associate with thugs? some of you here are neither xtians nor muslim, so I wuld nt want any argument, cos you wont understand. The kingdom of God no be moi moi o, no be by jerry curl and suit wey una pastors dey wear. This man his talking from a religious point of view. He that have an ear, let him hear what acidosis is saying. I pity Bakare trying to "save" Nigeria" with protest, when he ought to be saving souls from hell with the gospel. he's forgettn that nobody would save him on the judgement day. what is happening in Nigeria today is not new to us, I mean the true believers, our xtian fathers knew this over 2000 years ago. It is a sign of his coming. It is better you repent today and get safe.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by babaowo: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2012
Those pastor dare not join bakare in protest because if the protest and strike continues, their everyday awuf like tithe and offering will definitely stop.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Kolababa: 8:43am On Jan 23, 2012
@Acidosis.
The National Missioner of Ansarudeen Society of Nigeria that participated in the rally. Is he not an Imam?
It is high time  Christians woke from their sleep. Even on campus, MSSN always take active role in campus politics and activism while our christian union or association either take the back seat or some will be agents of school management.
i dont pray Boko Haram take their madness to his methodist church, i would now see if he will lead the rally or not.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Ayokunley(m): 8:44am On Jan 23, 2012
Sori, im in full support of d prelate. Wht xample is 'B' layn down 4 oda Xtians, rather dan showin ppl d way, oga is leadn us astray, xtianity is nt just a practice, it is a life, a christ-like life. Ask urself dis 'what wld Jesus do?' critisize n turn d govt agnst d ppl or intercede. May sound foolish, bt sori dats xtianity n its wt evri1 shld do nt just a clergy. Jonathan is a man, we shldnt xpect anytn gud frm a man. Y nt call on God n intercede 4 hm, pray God opens our eyes
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by denny4ril: 8:49am On Jan 23, 2012
He that in indifferent to the way he is being ruled, leaves no his house and travels to wherever when the house is on fire will eventually have shelter on his head. Anyone you are not satisfied with Bakare's actions, better to keep quiet.

I once read that a fool talks because he has to say something, looking for cheap publicity, A wise man talks because he has something to say, to express not to impress.

Nothing personal, just a word to the wise!

God will judge all pocket-filling preachers who cannot even dare stand up to challenge governance!
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Ayokunley(m): 8:53am On Jan 23, 2012
@acidosis true talk jare, d tngs of God r foolishness in d eyes of man, u'll neva agree wt wot d prelate is sayn unless u walk with God Amos 3:3 , may God remove d veil covern our faces
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by kuluTemper: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2012
You
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by smarttalks: 8:56am On Jan 23, 2012
smiley
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Kolababa: 8:58am On Jan 23, 2012
Look at an educated illiterate like Dame Patience Jonathan saying Bakare mix with thugs to protest.
Are the likes of Femi Falana, Yinka Odumakin, Muhammed Fawehimi, Festus Keyamo, Bamidele Aturu etc are thugs? You saidhe should win more souls. Let me tell you something most of the soul those pastors claim they win are mere church goers and thses pastors prefer the quantity of souls because of offerings and tithe to the quality of souls, that is, those who really accept christ for eternal life but today majority of those souls they claim they won are fdor prosperity gain.
How many of them preach eternal life again? No be prosperity they preach?
If the likes of Makindes, Oyedepos and co do their spiritual job very well by preaching eternal life, these public treasury looters would have had a change of heart but what do they do? They celebrate them to go and steal more.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Acidosis(m): 9:00am On Jan 23, 2012
denny4ril:

He that in indifferent to the way he is being ruled, leaves no his house and travels to wherever when the house is on fire will eventually have shelter on his head. Anyone you are not satisfied with Bakare's actions, better to keep quiet.

I once read that a fool talks because he has to say something, looking for cheap publicity, A wise man talks because he has something to say, to express not to impress.

Nothing personal, just a word to the wise!

God will judge all pocket-filling preachers who cannot even dare stand up to challenge governance!
[/quote
you mean a man of God, just like the 12 disciples of Jesus christ should challenge the government with thugs, Muscians that are high on weed, fela, danfo drivers, comedians who aren't gospel? ? sometimes I wonder wht these pastors teach their congregation.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by lafuria1(m): 9:04am On Jan 23, 2012
Our religious leaders are one of the biggest prblm in nigeria. So CAN and sultan decided to stay away  from subsidy issue in other not to turn d pple against the govt but were busy involve in islamic banking matter. CAN president is vocal about BH but never ready to hold the govt responsible for insecurity but asking for war. This prelate says their role was to advise the govt only and I ask what was their opinion about the subsidy issue and hw did they contribute in helping the masses on the matter. Maybe if it was islamic subsidy for the north he join the protest too? Our cleric both d christian and muslim areant helping d masses at all to fight corruption but idiots will be making noise during elections as to who to vote for.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Kolababa: 9:06am On Jan 23, 2012
@Ayokunley
You said " instead we should call God to intercede for him".
The prayer Pastor Adeboye and the one Oyedepo prayed for him, what is the result?
Well, in Nigeria prayer na money o. Just go to state house and aso rock to pray, "Ghana must go" will follow you go home.
THAT IS THE POWER OF PRAYER.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by mbulela: 9:14am On Jan 23, 2012
Ola Makinde is a confused old man.
he does not have guts.No one is complaining for his lack of balls but he should not mistake his lack of guts for Godly wisdom.

la furia:

Our religious leaders are one of the biggest prblm in nigeria. So CAN and sultan decided to stay away  from subsidy issue in other not to turn d pple against the govt but were busy involve in islamic banking matter. CAN president is vocal about BH but never ready to hold the govt responsible for insecurity but asking for war. This prelate says their role was to advise the govt only and I ask what was their opinion about the subsidy issue and hw did they contribute in helping the masses on the matter. Maybe if it was islamic subsidy for the north he join the protest too? Our cleric both d christian and muslim areant helping d masses at all to fight corruption but idiots will be making noise during elections as to who to vote for.
CAN and the sultanate are political organisations.
Those crap entities are not recognised in Heaven.
I don't know of Muslims but i'm certain that true Christians do not take Ayo Oritsejafor serious.
I often see his comments and antics as comic relief.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by damoskiy(m): 9:15am On Jan 23, 2012
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally
« #3 on: Yesterday at 05:02:40 PM »

You are fool.the man that left c.a.n president for orisejafor.he looked at orisejafor like a small boy that why he allowed him to be the c.a.n. president.watch your mouth don’t let thunder strike you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Top Shiite Leader Alhaji Mohammed Alli In Kano / INEC Plotting To Pre-allocate 200,000 Votes To APC In Ebonyi-governor Umahi / Governor Buni Reshuffles Cabinet, Creates New Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.