Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,015 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally (9534 Views)

Alledged Plan To Islamise Nigeria: “Methodist Prelate Refutes Report”.. / Lagos Civil Servants Vacate Offices Over Protest Rumour / Buhari, Amaechi, Others In Protest Rally Against FG In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by mbulela: 9:17am On Jan 23, 2012
Acidosis:

This man is on point. why would a leader of a church associate with thugs? some of you here are neither xtians nor muslim, so I wuld nt want any argument, cos you wont understand. The kingdom of God no be moi moi o, no be by jerry curl and suit wey una pastors dey wear. This man his talking from a religious point of view. He that have an ear, let him hear what acidosis is saying. I pity Bakare trying to "save" Nigeria" with protest, when he ought to be saving souls from hell with the gospel. he's forgettn that nobody would save him on the judgement day. what is happening in Nigeria today is not new to us, I mean the true believers, our xtian fathers knew this over 2000 years ago. It is a sign of his coming. It is better you repent today and get safe.

I am a Christian but i find your view ungodly and shameful.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by IykeD(m): 9:25am On Jan 23, 2012
Who is this bleeping, abuja-fed prelate? He can go kill himself if he doesn't like Bakare, we love him and it's only God that can reward him for the work he is doing for the masses! Let our prelate go and enjoy his Ghana must go share from Abuja, Bakare is not like him. He didn't come out to complain when he single-handedly led a protest that put GEJ as the acting president when Yar'dua's wife was ruling the Country!
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Detongue: 9:31am On Jan 23, 2012
Those taking on d Prelate those not understand what d teaching of Jesus Christ. The Prelate is correct in saying dat Bakare is fighting 4 his belle. It is a shame on Bakare 2 lead protest against a govt. As a Pastor his own is 2 pray, he cannot fight 4 God. I know Bakare has lost focus, he left his exalted position which is d highest calling, 2 a mere protester which does not hv a place in d Bible which he preaches. I hope he will allow God 2 minister 2 his soul
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 23, 2012
Why do u guys delight in insulting people far older in all ramification?GEJ is a this and that, Prelate is a this and that and even the bakare-i've seen loads of insults on him in this forum. Honestly, we-d masses are d problem of our country. For indeed you guys think amidst. Whether prelate or bakare or dame have a right to his/her own opinion, why must u insult them? Can't u guys even share your own opinions without insulting others? Is this an 'insult forum'? Share ur views-political or otherwise without insults and what even give u guys the confidence that your opinion is right or must over shadow someone else's opinion? Its actually not cool to lack appropriate childhood training for every proper parent will teach their children not to insult elders-with or without religious or political affinity.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Detongue: 9:38am On Jan 23, 2012
Those calling d Prelate a fool, just miss it. 4rm d happenings in Nig right now, BAKARE to me his a bigger FOOL
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 23, 2012
, And again I've got one question for you all (for indeed I'm guilty of same) in which way have u contributed in your own capacity to help Nigeria?

You guys want d govt which can not even take care of itself to spoon-feed u?
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by IykeD(m): 9:39am On Jan 23, 2012
Detongue:

Those taking on d Prelate those not understand what d teaching of Jesus Christ. The Prelate is correct in saying dat Bakare is fighting 4 his belle. It is a shame on Bakare 2 lead protest against a govt. As a Pastor his own is 2 pray, he cannot fight 4 God. I know Bakare has lost focus, he left his exalted position which is d highest calling, 2 a mere protester which does not hv a place in d Bible which he preaches. I hope he will allow God 2 minister 2 his soul  

You amaze me when you say that Bakare is fighting for his own belle. We know those that go to Aso rock to "fight for their own belle" on a regular basis. We know those that claimed they went to pray for Yar'dua and that he was very healthy whilst the man had already died, those who deceived Nigerians in the saga just because they had collected their own share, oh that's not political right?. Was Bakare there? And how is he fighting for his belle by risking his life to give the millions of voiceless Nigerians voice? I wonder really!
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by BashMe1(m): 9:41am On Jan 23, 2012
ab1x:

He is not an upright man. Our religious leaders are something else. I went to Winners chapel yesterday and the resident pastor said that winners congregation should not get themselves involved in political rally that even if the petrol is N200 per liter one should pray to God to give one the grace to buy it. I was very annoyed, I wish I could raise my hand to challenge him into a debate. This I don't care attitude of our pastors will never lead us to anywhere. It is high time we take our course into our hands and fight for what rightly belongs to us. If we are afraid to die then I must say that we will continue to live as a coward. Thanks,

Tell me sumfin, i'm in a total support of ur view, u kno what, they will never get involved afterall the money they use in sustaining demselves isn't theirs but congregation's. God has given us the grace already, we need 2 exercise it abeg, dis guy "Makinde" shud go n sit down, God 4give n Help us.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by eherbal(m): 9:43am On Jan 23, 2012
Acidosis:

This man is on point. why would a leader of a church associate with thugs? some of you here are neither xtians nor muslim, so I wuld nt want any argument, cos you wont understand. The kingdom of God no be moi moi o, no be by jerry curl and suit wey una pastors dey wear. This man his talking from a religious point of view. He that have an ear, let him hear what acidosis is saying. I pity Bakare trying to "save" Nigeria" with protest, when he ought to be saving souls from hell with the gospel. he's forgettn that nobody would save him on the judgement day. what is happening in Nigeria today is not new to us, I mean the true believers, our xtian fathers knew this over 2000 years ago. It is a sign of his coming. It is better you repent today and get safe.
Acidosis:

you,my man will be the first companion of satan in hell.lett us look @ it from the Jesus Christ point of view.Jesus lost his temper when he saw the atrocities being perpetrated in the house of God,because he chose not to ignore it and pretended as if it wasn't there.(2) The parable of the good Samaritan.The injured man was ignored by passers by for reasons best known to them,but thhe samaritan,took it upon himself to tend to the man and eventuallly saved his life.Bakare,though a cleric,out of compassion for the Nigerian people, chose to leavee the comfort of his abode to cry out against the wickedness of a heartless government. He brought world wide attention to our plight.Never in the history of Nigeria has people been so united in their reSolve,because of the Bakare initiative.As for him mingling with thugs,Jesus came for the sinners and not the redeemed.That loud mouth,fat pig,makinde or whatever his name is, wass no where to be found when this same Bakare took protest to Abuja to support the same vile ruler,who was eventually installed.As for those clerics who has decided to take the back seat on the happenings in the country,I pray God to vapourise them before judgement day.That is if we don't do that first.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by mbulela: 9:46am On Jan 23, 2012
Detongue:

Why do you guys get this warped idea from?
The highest calling is the calling of God into a relationship with Him through his Son. The calling into sonship.
In no way is the calling to be a pastor any higher than the calling to be a doctor or a bricklayer.
Show me one scripture that proves that egotistical idea.
Carnal pastors use such phrases to delude,seduce and manipulate congregations.
How is Bakare fighting for his belle? the same Bakare who risked his life leading protests to install GEJ?
I will appreciate if you throw more light on Bakare fighting for his belle.
All those spewing that the pastors own is to pray, have you heard that faith without works is dead?
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by sojioguns(m): 9:50am On Jan 23, 2012
I am a Methodist and such a statement by the Prelate is rather disheartening. People have missed the essence of Christianity. It is a way of life, guided by certain principles.
The protests led by Tunde Bakare had NOTHING to do with inciting the people to go against government. He gave Nigerians a realisation that we have a voice. In actual fact, his actions during this period made my respect for him grow.
Call him an activist, politician or even an i-diot . All I know is he wants the greater good of mankind and in this case, Nigerians. So he is a Messiah in his own right.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by akinnux(m): 10:03am On Jan 23, 2012
Prelate Ola Makinde got it wrong. The fact is that Nigeria is in emergency and requires the efforts of everybody (Pastors, Bishops, Imams, Professionals, thugs, etc) to salvage it. Even in the bible, we have many cases of people combining the offices of Prophet, King and Priest simultaneously e.g., Samuel, Moses, Melchisedek, etc. Prophets like Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezra, John the Baptist and even Jesus Christ challenged the rulers of their time.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by JimmyBoy1: 10:09am On Jan 23, 2012
I will restrain from insulting a man of God wether fake or genuine, but anytime pastor bakare calls for a rally I will follow him. This country needs leaders other than the existing corrupt lot.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by sweet9ja: 10:25am On Jan 23, 2012
For me, a cleric is just like any other ocupation, they do it for a living, it has absolutely nothing to do with God.
Bakare crossed the line when he called for regime change, I wonder why he is still walking free.
This man is a loose canon and a danger to our young democracy. He contested and lost the last presidential election, now he's calling for an overthrow of a popularly elected government and some of you are cheering him on, how hypocritical.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by yemisi82(f): 10:30am On Jan 23, 2012
It is very wrong for a man of God to be saying this of his fellow man of God. If you have any advise for Ps Bakare,then call him as a brother in Christ n talk to him nt to be condemning him, Who are we to judge?
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 23, 2012
chai!Are there really christains in Nigeria?We are so religious & confused in this country.In the 1st place,what has Bakare got to do with the issues of this sick nation.I am in total support of Bakare & I promise to vote him in come 2015.May God bless him.My parents are angry with me cos am in support of his view.Mr Prelate remove the log in your eyes so that you can see to remove the dust in other people‘s eyes,
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by BabaO2: 10:59am On Jan 23, 2012
Why is there no iman leading any protest? some pastors ehn, sabi fool themself o. sure bakare no get any vision for life, no wonder in no dey succeed for anything for politics just in brother okotie. I wonder what this people take GOD for
Am not sure you know anything about these people. Do yo know that the vast acres of land both to the right and to the left of House hold of God Church at Ikeja belongs to Okotie?. Do you know that it was Bakare that brought skoda cars to Nigeria?.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by kooto(m): 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
What i just want to say is that pastor Bakare should not be judged, reason we have seen people that led movements martin luther king jr, Desmond tutu etc we know what their country is today, what i believe in is that we don't only pray but we need to act, my submission is this, the prilate is praying and Bakare is acting! Rom 14:1-3.crucify no one let God be the judge of this issue.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by looknlaff(m): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2012
@baba o

You are  a bloody liar. Pastor Bakare did not bring Skoda into Nigeria. As far back as 1991, I worked for a company in Port Harcourt and went to Lagos with my MD then to discuss with the British guys that brought the car to market in Nigeria even though it was a csekoslovakian made car then. We tried to be their distributor in Port Harcourt in particular and the South Eastern states in general but the 8 pieces given to us to test the waters stayed too long with us before we could sell them that the guys were discouraged. Later, Plantgera became their distributor in Port Harcourt obviously because of their bigger capacity to market the cars.
So if you want to malign the only true Man of God in Nigeria, look for something else. BTW, what is wrong if indeed he brought Skoda to Nigeria? Did he defraud the country by so doing? If this country had 2 or 3 Bakares, trust me, there would have been a rethink by the plunderers of our commomwealth.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by hbrednic: 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2012
the prelate is right,
bakare is a failed politician.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by hbrednic: 1:10pm On Jan 23, 2012
kooto:

What i just want to say is that pastor Bakare should not be judged, reason we have seen people that led movements martin luther king jr, Desmond tutu etc we know what their country is today, what i believe in is that we don't only pray but we need to act, my submission is this, the prilate is praying and Bakare is acting! Rom 14:1-3.crucify no one let God be the judge of this issue.
the people you mentioned never contested to be the VP of their country, bakare is a wolf in sheep clothing.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by andyanders: 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2012
Tunde Bakare has no spirit of God in him anymore. He is in the flesh now, hence his actions. No true man of God acts the way he behaves. The Methodist Prelate-Ola Makinde is right in what he is saying. If Bakare is a true man of God, he should make peace and be praying for this nation, like what Prophet T.B. Joshua does. Prophet T.B Joshua prays for this nation and the world. He even predicted this crises and prayed for this nation. He saw the prophecy and kept praying. He even went further to say, there is no war between Christians and Muslims. He prays for Islamic countries all over the world. He prays for world leaders, he prays for the sick, he gives assistance to the poor and massive scholarship to millions of people in Nigeria and all over the world. He eats with the poor, less privileged, the sick. He restores hope to widow’s plight. This is a TRUE man of God. Not Tunde Bakare, an Islamic BH in the disguising himself as a Christians or pastor. If he had the spirit of God before, it has departed from him. I do watch his church programs everyday when he was in the spirit. Immediately the spirit of God departed from him, I saw a fanatical BH I stopped watching his programs. God will judge him. He incited
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Demdem(m): 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
With due respect prelate u are wrong. We honestly need mmore of bakare now.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by IykeD(m): 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2012
andyanders:

Tunde Bakare has no spirit of God in him anymore. He is in the flesh now, hence his actions. No true man of God acts the way he behaves. The Methodist Prelate-Ola Makinde is right in what he is saying. If Bakare is a true man of God, he should make peace and be praying for this nation, like what Prophet T.B. Joshua does. Prophet T.B Joshua prays for this nation and the world. He even predicted this crises and prayed for this nation. He saw the prophecy and kept praying. He even went further to say, there is no war between Christians and Muslims. He prays for Islamic countries all over the world. He prays for world leaders, he prays for the sick, he gives assistance to the poor and massive scholarship to millions of people in Nigeria and all over the world. He eats with the poor, less privileged, the sick. He restores hope to widow’s plight. This is a TRUE man of God. Not Tunde Bakare, an Islamic BH in the disguising himself as a Christians or pastor. If he had the spirit of God before, it has departed from him. I do watch his church programs everyday when he was in the spirit. Immediately the spirit of God departed from him, I saw a fanatical BH I stopped watching his programs. God will judge him. He incited

How do you know the Spirit of God has left him? Please tell us or did your Prophet prophesy that too? Now, let me ask you, do you know (I am sure you do) how many bad things that have been said about "your true man of God" ? Please don't let us digress, let God judge Pastor Bakare if he has aired!
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Acidosis(m): 2:46pm On Jan 23, 2012
IykeD:

How do you know the Spirit of God has left him? Please tell us or did your Prophet prophesy that too? Now, let me ask you, do you know (I am sure you do) how many bad things that have been said about "your true man of God" ? Please don't let us digress, let God judge Pastor Bakare if he has aired!
because he now mingles on stage with thugs, who are high on hard drugs and instead of preaching to them, he is brainwashing them in other for him to achieve is own polithiefcal desire come 2015
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by kizito96(m): 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2012
I am happy they are advising themselves
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Patsey: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2012
I am no fan of Bakare. Albeit, Ola Makinde, the Prelate of the Methodist Church Nigeria (MCN) is an ABSOLUTE i[i]d[/i]iot. Was it not under his nose that the Rt. Rev. Sunday Onuoha, The Bishop of Evangelism and Discipleship, Methodist Church Nigeria, emerged to contest a senatorial seat in Abia State?  (http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/methodist-bishop-joins-abia-senatorial-race/)  Wasn't Sunday Onuoha, one of Makinde's bishops, mixing religion with politics? Of course, like Bakare, he never made it. But that's not to condemn their aspirations. Did Jesus not protest against the religious and political leaders of his time? Or, how else would anyone explicate the narrative of Jesus and the money changers, commonly referred to as the Cleansing of the Temple, reported in all four canonical gospels of the New Testament? And, in any case, is religion logically independent of politics? Anyone who is familiar with American presidential electioneering, including the ongoing primaries would acknowledge the fact that in America, for example, religion and politics are bed-fellows. The world over, religion is inseparable from religion: one informs the other. Has Makinde never heard of, or read about, Martin Luther King, Jesse Jackson, Oscar Romero, Roman Catholic Archbishop of El Salvador, and Desmond Tutu? What about Bolanle Gbonigi (who was nicknamed NADECO Bishop by Babangida and Abacha, the Military Juntas)? Did these great servants of God not mix religion with politics for the liberation of the masses?

It's a shame that the era when mainline churches in Nigeria were led by erudite scholars and theologians e.g. Bishops Anthony Saliu Sanusi (Roman Catholic), Bolaji Idowu (Methodist), Akin Omoyajowo (Anglican) et al. had gone. What we currently have is a bunch of idiots like Ephraim Ademowo, the Anglican Bishop of Lagos who earned his MA and PhD degrees from OAU Ile-Ife by proxy and others (e.g. Peter Akinola, the serial shagger, and Nicholas Orogodo Okoh, the serial smoker) parading  honoris causa (Latin: "for the sake of the honour"wink  DDs and  the likes of Bishops Solomon Amusan and Alex Ibezim answering the title Drs because they hold worthless American professional doctorate known as DMin (http://thecuttingtruth.xanga.com/615785414/item/).  Any wonder these idiots are replicating themselves by establishing Crowther Graduate Theological Seminary, Abeokuta (http://crowthergraduateseminary.org/administration), where cheap, worthless and unaccredited theological degrees (which cannot be accepted for employment outside the church or considered satisfactory for pursuing further studies in places like UI, OAU, UNILAG, etc) are awarded to unsuspecting Anglican clerics?
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by kokoA(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2012
andyanders:

Who are you to judge?
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Unikman: 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
cool cool Can somebody tell Rev. Ola Makinde (METHODIST PRELATE), to ''SHUT THE bleep''? All of them, that are, CRITICIZING Pastor BAKARE, should go to SLEEP; if they don't have work to do. In fact, THEY SHOULD BURY THEIR HEADS, IN SHAME. I suppose, they ought to COMMEND Pastor BAKARE, for STANDING UP, to DO for THEM (all pastors put together), ''WHAT THEY COULD NOT DO''. The famous EDMUND BURKE said, EVIL will PREVAIL, when GOOD MEN do NOTHING. cool cool
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by cjfavour(m): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2012
I REMEMBER JESSE JACKSON.DESMOND TUTU,MARTIN LUTHER KING. ARE THESE MEN NT MEN OF GOD? THEIR COUNTRY TODAY CELEBRATES THEM FOR LIBERATING THEM. TO ME,TUNDE BAKARE BELONGS TO THESE CLASS OF MEN ASIDE CONTESTING WITH BUHARI IN D LAST ELECTION AGAINST MY ADVICE. SNG IS FAR BETTER THAN ANSWERING A VICE PRESIDENTIIAL CANDIDATE. GEJ WILL NEVER 4GET SNG. THEY CONTRIBUTED TO WHAT GEJ IS TODAY. RIDE ON PEOPLES'S MAN, RIDE ON DESMOND TUTU OF 9JA, RIDE ON ANOTHER MARTIN LUTHER KING IN D MAKING, RIDE ON TUNDE BAKARE. BUT PLS DON'T ABANDON SNG TO CONTEST ANOTHER ELECTION.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by abonyemi: 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2012
Am a christian and respect leaders, but am shocked at the comment of Prelate Makinde, the same people will cry that we christains left the ruling of the country in the hands of unbelives and when things goes wrong they will cry, it is rather unfortunate that he made that comment, even in the bible it was said that the kingdom of God suffereth violence, am not surprised as lots and lots of Ogboni abound in Methodist Churches, Tunde Bakare will soon stand out amongst great preachers, why did Makinde not attack Bishop Ajakaiye of Ekiti Diocess as he was the one that led the protest in Ado Ekiti during the strike, am sure he has one thing or the order he benefits from either this govt or the past.
People like him are the ones that will give blessings to bad/wicked rulers under the pretext that God is a merciful God, nemesis will soon catch up with him
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by kokoA(m): 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2012
Evil prevail when good men keep their mouths shut undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PENGASSAN To Embark On A Three-day Warning Strike Over Non-passage Of PIB / EFCC To Spend N6.13billion On New Head Office - The Punch / Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.