Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally (9533 Views)

Alledged Plan To Islamise Nigeria: “Methodist Prelate Refutes Report”.. / Lagos Civil Servants Vacate Offices Over Protest Rumour / Buhari, Amaechi, Others In Protest Rally Against FG In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by odedele: 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
abuja primate.where were u when BAkare led d protest dat installed GEJ as president wen yardua was ill.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Akiika: 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2012
All the Prelate is trying to say is, don't lead any kind of protest that will prevent the ignoramus church members from coming to church to pay 10% tithe that he lives on. Also, the church members may be more educated to figure out that they are been enslaved and maybe challenge the church's "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop" set-up. Imagine the Prelate talking about mediation between Govt. and the people, we all know what Oritsajefor and the rest goes to do at aso rock, collect their portion of the national cake and rubber stamp anything the Govt. does. Aside from corruption, religion as practised in Nigerian is our second biggest problem; pastors owning mansions, fleet of cars, multiple private jets while members wallow in abject poverty.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by vantageguy(m): 6:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
The likes of makinde, oyedepo oritsejafor, adeboye and the sultan of sokoto are the biggest problems in this country. they are just fraudsters in disguise. endorsing every policy of the government in exchange for money and mopol men that follow them all about. cry
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by ypzilanti: 7:20pm On Jan 23, 2012
True religious leaders are always in the forefront of the fight for the freedom of the oppressed from the oppressors.

1. Martin Luther, Former catholic Minister, (challenged the religious status quo of corrupt catholic leaders of the time)
2. Martin Luther King Jnr., Baptist Minister, (Challenged racism and oppression of blacks in America)
3. Malcolm X, Nation of Islam Minister, (challenged racism and oppression of blacks in America)
4. Mahatma Ghandi, Buddist leader (challenged british rule and oppression of the so called untouchables in India)
5. Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Christian Leader, (challenged apartheid government in South Africa)

Just a few years ago, buddhist monks in burma were killed in the hundreds when they led a protest against the military rulers.

Its always the same throughout history. the true religious leaders die on the front with the people, while the government apologists will support any government policy, including genocide as was the case in Rwanda.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2012
OMG!!!! Nigeria is monumentally f*cked so if I protest against injustice I am anti-Kingdom and going to hell!!! Oh Nigeria, my Nigeria where art thy sense?? If my pastor tells me not to protest or go on rallies that I think will improve my lot then surely he has no moral right to advise me to vote during elections as that reveals him to be hypocritic or ignorant. You fools running to the US will not even think abouit it if MLK did not do what he did. Aaargh mo gbe!!! Anyway me I attend Winners' Chapel, Canaanland,Otta and I will confirm if Bishop said what is being credited him.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Unikman: 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
shocked The Prelate, OLA MAKINDE, should be informed, if he doesn't know; that, even JESUS CHRIST (Himself), CHASED AWAY GAMBLERS and MONEY CHANGERS from the SYNAGOGUE (Temple) and UP-TURNED THEIR TABLES, when He discovered that THEY WERE DOING EVIL, in the house of God (John 2 :13-16). Does that not amount to PROTEST, in your mind. Christians, ''SHINE YOUR EYES''. Read the BIBLE and get FIRST-HAND INFORMATIONS, from Baba God; not WHAT YOUR PASTOR or BISHOP SAYS. Study to show thyself, APPROVED unto God, a WORKMAN that needeth not be ashamed; rightly DIVIDING the word of TRUTH (2Tim. 2:15). The likes of MAKINDE, have caused the CHRISTIAN BODY, TOO MUCH EMBARRASSMENT. Thumbs up for Pastor TUNDE BAKARE. cool cool
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by mactonnyso: 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2012
For some who are brain washed and who sees Tunde Bakare as an Activist, sorry .
Bakare is an opportunist, selfish, deceit and betrayal. He came forward pretending to be fighting for our cause out of the sacred of Activism.
He took advantage of the drowning moment to sell the policy of action to achieve his political goal and opportunity.
 Example of real Activist are Prof. Soyinka, Gani Fawehinmi, Fela Kuti, Dele Giwa, Olisa Agbakoba.
Tunde Bakare is a FAILURE.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by tunnytox(m): 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2012
Prelate Ola Makinde and other deluded and delusioned Xtians like him may only continue to pray till kingdom come, we need someone like Pastor Tunde Bakare to act like Elijah and Deborah in the Bible not bunch of noise makers and clueless 'prayer warriors'
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Concept(m): 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
How old is this man?
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by mbulela: 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
Concept:

How old is this man?
are you suspecting senility?
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by Patsey: 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2012
Ola Makinde is, ostensibly, suffering dementia.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by ypzilanti: 12:46am On Jan 24, 2012
@mactonsy, Was bakare not the same one that protested for Jonathan to be installed while Yaradua was ill? Cause it was the right thing to do? Dont know much about the guy as a person, but publicly, he has been pretty consistent in asking that THE RIGHT THING BE DONE. majority of Nigerians wanted Jonathan to take over power then, same as majority of Nigerians wanted the fuel price reverted until government did its homework.

Religious leaders should always align with the masses for a good cause.
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by kasperone8: 1:46am On Jan 24, 2012
And for those who were either cynical or unfairly critical about Alao-Akala's performance in the state, Primate Sunday Ola Makinde of Methodist Church of Nigeria has this to say: "Governor Alao-Akala's physical projects in Oyo State are visible for all to see."
In his first eleven months when he was governor on the account of theimpeachment of his former boss, Rasheed Ladoja, Alao-Akala, during the period, set the tone for what he is churning out in today's Oyo State. With such move that touched on every sphere of the state, Akala knew he was challenged not to let his supporters down. And in his over 3 years as governor elected since 2007, Alao-Akala is convinced of having served conscienciously and with the fear of God.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/alao-akala-transcending-the-era-of-amala-politics-/78749/

[color=Black]I fear IBB,OBJ,Atiku et.c but the likes of Prelate ola Makinde are the ones I fear most.
[/color]
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by pcicero(m): 2:40am On Jan 24, 2012
@Patsey, I am enjoying you jare. Let them keep goofing. BTW, I was at OAU when Ademowo did his postgraduates and I can confirm that his supervisor (who was an Anglican priest) basically wrote His Lord Bishop's doctoral thesis.
The problem with some of the clergy is that they don't want to condemn one of their own. Jonathan being a christian and a southerner has nothing to do with good governance. The speaker of the United states congress just referred to Obama's policies as pathetic, yet the most powerful president in the world did not send Army to his home. We are yet to hear of any Black society in the US demonstrating in support of Obama or asking him to deal ruthlessly with his detractors. Now, that is true democracy.
Makinde has never hidden his disdain for Buhari, who was Bakare's principal during the last presidential election. In a veiled reference to Buhari during the campaigns, he gleefully said that no religious fundamentalist will ever rule this country again.
I am a christian, and I know the likes of Makinde very well. Bakare might not be perfect, he's human afterall, but for what he has contributed to the mass movement in the last decade, he towers above the likes of Makinde, Oritsejafor et.al.

P.S sorry, I was typing with my phone.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by crownie(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2012
evil only triumphs when righteous men sit back and do nothing,
Re: Methodist Prelate-ola Makinde Accuses Bakare Over Protest/rally by tomakint: 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
Eko Ile: That dumb as///s prelate can go fcukkk himself,

My dear friend, don't allow your emotion-laden feelings to blind your judgment. I understand your feelings, but hey you have a future please do things that will secure it for you. The Prelate is a man of GOD! Now, let's talk; fine I am with Pastor Tunde Bakare on this, think about what has been on in this country for the past 15 years and you keep wondering is Tunde Bakare the only voice in the wilderness, we are all guilty, tell me if we are all asked to come out for rally to protest the anti-citizens policies of the government, who and who are you going to find there? 40 years upwards just a few 30 year olds, but what happen to our teeming 20s? they just sit back and keep criticizing forgetting that great minds in this struggles were mainly in their 20s when they started (Martin luther, Mandela, wole soyinka, desmond tutu, anthony enahoro, etc) Name calling is not the next line of action especially to a man of GOD, keep your limits and say me well to MUMMY!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Officers Now Serve As Senior Conductor To Commercial Bus Driver In Lagos / Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC / Army Neutralizes 8 Female Boko Haram Suicide Bombers In One Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.