Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex (1127 Views)

Signs That You Are In The Friend Zone And You Dont Even Know It! / Escaping The Friend Zone. / Has anyone ever met a guy/lady on nairaland and date the person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by cdoffx(m): 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
hi forum members. do you think its wrong for a guy or even a lady to date the friend of his/her ex especially when its the ex that broke the relationship
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by r231(m): 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2012
No cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by cdoffx(m): 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
r231:

No cheesy
thanks jare my brother
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Excelboi(m): 8:30pm On Jan 25, 2012
Dunno what to say lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by cdoffx(m): 9:38pm On Jan 25, 2012
excelboi
really i don't see anything wrong in it assuming you broke up with your ex then it could be said you did that deliberately because of your interest in the friend but since the ex broke up herself then it aint wrong
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by slimyem: 10:22pm On Jan 25, 2012
do what you like as long as it feels right to you.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
[size=48pt]YES![/size]
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 26, 2012
cdoffx:

hi forum members. do you think its wrong for a guy or even a lady to date the friend of his/her ex especially when its the ex that broke the relationship
Yes No, i dnt wanna knw
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by deniyor: 12:59am On Jan 26, 2012
No.
You are free to date whoever you want. Even her sister.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Mynd44: 1:12am On Jan 26, 2012
Bro, if you are looking for a casual fling, no problem. Buy if you are looking for a serious relationship, that's an Hell no especially if the ex starts regretting her actions
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by deniyor: 1:38am On Jan 26, 2012
It doesn't matter if the ex regrets her decision or not. The guy is not a sweater she can just decide if she wants to put on or not.
Once you have broken up with someone, the person if free to date whosoever they desire as long as its mutual with whoever they choose. You don't owe each other anything.

It's just advisable to avoid complications by dating someone close to your ex to avoid complications. In my experience, the ex's friends or sisters is usually a good target for revenge sex. tho grin. Even that can go anywhere.

So its not wrong, its just not advisable. Even though it is not advisable, it is still workable.

PS - it doesn't matter who broke up with who.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Mynd44: 2:08am On Jan 26, 2012
I agree with you but is the guy really ready for the drama that might come as a result of the relationship
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by cdoffx(m): 2:48am On Jan 26, 2012
Mynd_44:

Bro, if you are looking for a casual fling, no problem. Buy if you are looking for a serious relationship, that's an Hell no especially if the ex starts regretting her actions
i can understand what you're pointing at &it also very true that most cases one go for the friend in a bid for the ex to regret hence want to come back but as a sternhearted guy what is gone is gone except you only want to take advantage.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by iice(f): 4:27am On Jan 26, 2012
Overcooked topic

To each his own.

But it's gross to me. Kinda incestuous.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by missKeri(f): 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2012
Yes
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Okijajuju1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 26, 2012
Nope. angry
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Mynd44: 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2012
cdoffx:

i can understand what you're pointing at &it also very true that most cases one go for the friend in a bid for the ex to regret hence want to come back but as a sternhearted guy what is gone is gone except you only want to take advantage.
oh yes if you are sternhearted. But she might not want you back, she might just feel betrayed by her friend and you end up having an enemy you can't afford to have
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by cdoffx(m): 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mynd_44:

oh yes if you are sternhearted. But she might not want you back, she might just feel betrayed by her friend and you end up having an enemy you can't afford to have
why on heart should she feel betrayed something not good for her then another person sees it to be good.WTF
i remember when a girlfriend of mine broke up with me then a friend of hers told me 'you are the best guy she could rver have' of course i know its an exerggeratjion but you could imagine the friend knew my value, so if i decide to go far her and she accepts because she knows my value then its because she want the best for herself
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Mynd44: 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2012
Bro I understand but if the she wants you back and she can't have you cos of her friend, then there might be some serious beef between them
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by cdoffx(m): 10:58pm On Jan 26, 2012
mynd 44
thats very true and that is where the complication comes from but in the end she just must accept her fate
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Mynd44: 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2012
Now you are seeing the picture
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Mikael4(m): 11:37pm On Jan 26, 2012
Kinda wrong. . .
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Mynd44: 11:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
Hey killz, what did you do this time?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Mikael4(m): 7:34am On Jan 27, 2012
Mynd_44:

Hey killz, what did you do this time?
I refused to be a sissy! cool
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by freecocoa(f): 7:42am On Jan 27, 2012
Its a violation of no 179 of the girl's code so YES it is wrong.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 27, 2012
@op
Here are some don't you should add to your list -
Don't date your ex close friend
Don't date your close friend's ex
Don't date your ex sisters or brothers
Don't date your friends sister ( unless you are planning to marry her )
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex by cdoffx(m): 10:51am On Jan 27, 2012
apocalypse:

@op
Here are some don't you should add to your list -
Don't date your ex close friend[s][/s]
Don't date your close friend's ex[s][/s]
Don't date your ex sisters or brothers
Don't date your friends sister[s][/s] ( unless you are planning to marry her )
does thru love see all those point strikedthru

(1) (Reply)

Are U Disturbed By Premature Cumming?! / My Friends Problem / Ladies-what Would You Do If This Happens To You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.