Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Escaping The Friend Zone. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Escaping The Friend Zone. (27130 Views)

I Broke The Friend Zone Limitations Today! / Share Your Friend Zone Story. / Signs That You Are In The Friend Zone And You Dont Even Know It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Escaping The Friend Zone. by pasqal09: 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
1. Remove your Shoulder
The reason you're probably in the friend zone to begin with, is because you've always been the
shoulder for your crush to cry on.

2. Stepping It Up
Flirting may not seem like a new option to you, but if you're still in the friend zone then you're obviously not flirting effectively. Perhaps you're being too subtle, and he or she isn't even
noticing your advances. Or maybe your flirting comes across more as "just two friends goofing around". Either way, it's time to step it up a level.

3. Get Physical
It's time to introduce subtle touch as a flirtation method! It might sound a little scary, but physical touch is actually the most effective method of flirting.

4. Sample Dates
The benefit of being in the friend zone, as opposed to barely being acquainted with your crush at all, is that you can hang out with them one-on-one without it being weird. Use these hang-outs to do date-like activities, and you'll reintroduce the idea of a relationship to them.

5. Breaking The Stereotype
Chances are that you're being super nice and over-the-top sweet to your love interest, correct? Many guys or girls who end up in the friend zone fit into the stereotypical "nice guy / girl" category. While there's nothing wrong with being nice, the problem is that you most likely don't voice your opinions or say 'no' when you want

6. Favour Time
If you've been friend zoned, it's probably because you're the one who will always do anything they ask you to do. But do you ever ask them to help you out too? Chances are you don't in fear of them getting annoyed, but if you want them to value you as more than a friend, they're going to have to invest in the relationship too!

7. Healthy Competition
A little healthy competition has never been bad for anyone! If someone feels as though they could lose something, it all of a sudden becomes more precious to them. You probably make your crush a priority, but they've friend zoned you and made you an option.

8. Absence
You know the saying, "absence makes the heart grown fonder"! Your crush has got used to you always being there, and as a result, they've begun to take your presence for granted. It's only when we notice some distance between those we're close to that we begin to realize just how much their company means to us.

9. Make Over Time
your crush has probably friend zoned you because they've known you for a long time and they've become very used to who you are as a person. As a result, you may no longer seem exciting to them. So buy cool and great clothes in order to make yourself more attractive to your crush! Instead

10. Being Too Needy
Whether your crush is a guy or a girl, one thing is for certain. Nobody likes a needy person, whether they're your boyfriend / girlfriend or not! Neediness is the ultimate turn-off, and this could very well be a reason why you've been sentenced to the friend zone.

11. Just Say It
So you're stuck in the friend zone and you don't know why? Perhaps it's because your crush doesn't know you actually like them more than a friend! It might sounds scary, but one of the most important things you can do to escape the friend zone is just tell your crush how you feel in the hope that they feel the same way back.

But if you've tried absolutely everything,
including telling your crush how you feel but to
no success?
Better find your level and let go because staying
friends with someone who isn't romantically
interested in you when you have strong feelings
for them is going to begin to mess with your
mind after a while.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by philantoxx(m): 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
dreams come tru ooo..shoutout to all those who made this happen.its a military zone steer clear.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by cassyrooy(m): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
I just blew her up with evidence of her activities on me. Damn! Babe admitted it and i'm free to walk away without regreting it. Try keepin evidence, cos friendzone is not a good place, though some place to learn. I've done my 10-11months industrial training so let me look for employment.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by tayoxx(m): 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
friend zone na bad place o

1 Like

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
I don't have problem with a lady friendzoning me o. But my only problem is that they become jealous and scare other prospective girlfriends away whilst friendzoning you.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by pasqal09: 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
But if you've tried absolutely everything, including telling your crush how you feel but to no success?

Better find your level and let go because staying friends with someone who isn't romantically interested in you when you have strong feelings for them is going to begin to mess with your mind after a while.

16 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by otijah(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
op too much grammar I Cnt even digest some. No offence pls, just that not all NLs are educated as u think. Thanks

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by DGKN: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ok next?
Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by ggrin(f): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Shai!

Our boyz don dy jara won o shockedshockedshockedangryangry

Time to step ma game(s) up grincheesy

Ma friendzone list
KelvinGraphics the wahala guy grintongue
Andyblaze love kisstongue
Frankben my sweetie kisstongue
Gooci undecidedtongue
Nickz the stubborn guy angryangrytongue
Vizkiz,always on FP angrytongue
lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by damibravo(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
What's a friend Zone undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by iheanyi40(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
no girl can friendzone me; rather m d one doing d friendzoning cool

2 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by ERCROSS(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Some ladies r jst very good in putting guyz in d friendzone...
Like Seriously...
And the bad news is that they r also here on this site reading this tricks u guyz wanna play on them...
Jeez..
Its neva gonna work anyway..
undecided

13 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by happykidArotiba(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
lol...very right.

3 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
My personal view and constructive criticism to the op's post. (feel free to correct me if you have a different view).
1). I've never been friendzoned,and i don't think I'll ever be.But the main cause of friend zoning is the fact that the individual does not announce his or her intentions earlier hence,he/she will he friend zoned.I've seen most guys say,the way they woo a girl is to be friends with her.Though that's true to some extent,but make ur intentions know first before you become friends so that you won't avoid being a shoulder to lean on.

2).i don't advice y'all to start making subtle touches to a person who has already friendzoned you because,things might go wrong i.e you may come off as creepy and things would blow up on ur face.so don't touch..you may ruin ur chances.instead;

3).Make them see you inna new light.i.e see you as the datable material. if you want to go about this you cut contact with her,let her see you in the midst of Ladies,act like a lady/ladies are trying to get you.you can only do this by getting new cloths,acting hot/cold making you sudddenly mysterious.
Also you can try to meet a close friend of her and arrange for her to her act all crazy about u in the presence of ur friendzoner,telling her how suddenly desirable and sought aftrr by the ladies you have become. trust me women love chasing after things they can't have.

4.After doing all these and ur friendzoner has begun to show interests, you don't just rush in and try to date her or capture her.if you do so,you'll probably lose the interest she managed to get for you.send her mixed signals,be hot and cold,be mysterious, be unreachable... but don't over do it if not she'll back off.

5.Finally, she's warming up to you,she's chasing you..you then reduce ur hot/cold behavior (note reduce it,don't totally eliminate it.give her signs you want her and then strike at her i.e aak her our,chop her..just do what you want with her.

N.B I'm only a young teen as my profile would tell ya,all these i learnt through constantly readin females,studying their behavior and lastly reading the art of seduction by Robert Greene.
*pops collar and skates out*

31 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by rill: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
yh right

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by SMALLPENIS(f): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
who say I no go enter 1st page. grin

15th to Comment grin

4 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by Smartlux(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
cool
Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Seun, better ban me again ooo, cos I won't stop making front page...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by obainojazz(m): 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
.is dis one America or Nigeria

if its Nigeria ...there re four steps

(1) Tell her u have money

(2) Tell her u are tired of being friends dat u have money

(3) Tell her u want to spend money on her

(4) Tell her u still have more money after each date

dayuum....u re gud to go

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
unyours: I'm don't have problem with a lady friendzoning me o. But my only problem is that they become jealous and scare other prospective girlfriends away whilst friendzoning you.

This is true to an extent.

4 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by Wisdytech(m): 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
FRIENDSHIP rules all hatred away! Lol
Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by djeezy(m): 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
A girl cannot friendzone me. I like you, I ask you out. The moment you think about friendzoning me, I'm out of your life.....Can't stick around in your friendzone.......

8 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by DVMtuppence(m): 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
I dey come …lemme finish my alomo and kolanut b4 I comment

3 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by ChiSun27(m): 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Gats correct one or two things on my own right away.
Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by zeelo2014: 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
I blame guys more, if a girl friend zones u, u do the same to her immediately no time for rubbish. Some guys make the mistake of forming that good nice guy while toasting a girl, big error, u become either her maga or her brother. when u start with a chick, give her that subtle hint that the romance is coming soon so let her get herself ready ooo or else..
N.B Make money first, she'll cut u from the friendzone and paste u on the sexzone list asap.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by melissa429(f): 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]Ok
Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by Suarezpatrick: 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
have tried up to nine on that list and she still see me as her num1 on her friendzone list...and the most painful thing is that she scares her friends(potential GFs) away from me

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by fattbabakay(m): 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Y not simply make money?? I bet she'll remove u herself!

1 Like

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by greatestman(m): 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
is their anything bad about this friend zone of a thing? Nairaland guys take it like one kind sin. If you don't want to be friend zone just back out.

4 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by yungchop: 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
Friendzone? Its inescapable

3 Likes

Re: Escaping The Friend Zone. by ChiSun27(m): 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
iwakolewa:

This is true to an extent.

Not to an extent my dear....that's an understatement.

It is totally true...and its very bad of you lasses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies, What Attracts You In A Guy's Personality?? / She's Dating Her Cousin's Husband, It's Eating Me Up / What's The Easiest Way To Win A Woman's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.