Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? (8932 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Obama Accused Of Aiding Boko Haram In Order To Help Buhari Win Elections / Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by sheyguy: 10:23am On Jan 26, 2012
Wily1Wily:

There is no reason to continue sticking together any more longer, the more we stick together the more my hatred to u.
U seem to be repeating urself without any reason. If i may ask why did we decide to stick together in 1960? What is it that made u agree to one Nigeria and what will make u hate me the more we stick together.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 26, 2012
[size=18pt]The world knows that GEJ's government is failing. What do we do about this?[/size]
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by musiwa43: 11:17am On Jan 26, 2012
sheyguy, nigerian did not decide to live together during independent, what happen was that britain refuse to grant independent to the western region at that time. And the only way independent could have been obtain according to zik. Who trick chief Obafemi awolowo and Ahmed Bello , please note the word trick. Nnamdi Azikiwe decieve Awolowo and Ahmed bello into accepting independent together because he said it was possible to break up nigeria after independent just like India and Pakistan did.

So they agree with Azikiwe to get independent together. But after independent initial agreement was not followed through by azikiwe and others.

The Western region of the Niger area seek independent from britain alone in 1957 but got self government.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by ismhab(m): 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2012
That will be the best solution, let us go on difference ways.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by jmoore(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2012
Guys Nigeria cannot break up. Wake up!

Every problem we are facing is linked to one word "CORRUPTION". This corruption is seen in all states of the federation and division will never solve corruption.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by arewatech(m): 1:02pm On Jan 26, 2012
Hausa/Fulani hates Igbo, Igbo in vice versa. Igbo hates Yourba, Youba in vice versa. The best solution to this country is Break Up. Shikenan!!

Besides, zamu iya rayuwa ba fetur indai akwai adalci kamar a Indiya ko Birtaniya.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by ak47mann(m): 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2012
Nigeria have to breakup in a peaceful manner  cool cool things doesn't need to get this bad for us to no that the country needs help,and the help is to dismantle it cool
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by otondo55: 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2012
There are more that Divide us than Unite us. The only thing that unites Nigeria is the Oil and Football, while Religion, Tribe, Culture and Language divides us. Religious division is the worst enemy on the planet earth. Frankly speaking all the tribes hates each other, so whats the point staying together. We can live happily side by side as a different entities.
US are always silent on issues of disintegration of Nigeria to save life because of her personal benefit and ally with British.We all knew Nigeria's problem but for the reason of PATRIOTISM refused to address it. We cant continue like this, we are never one ! even the British knows it.

Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
@ TOPIC  >>>>>> Any how they want it i dont care   angry
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by ak47mann(m): 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2012
people are even tired cool
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by LEXYLOV: 1:42pm On Jan 26, 2012
Am very sure that those are are clamor for nation division will be the most loser at the end of the day if that happened.For those igbos who are praying for the nation separation, let me ask you this. Do you think if Nigeria have to divide today, are you expecting Edo, Niger delta to be among your states? or are you dreaming of any SS state to be among your so called awaiting biafra nation? you must be joking if that is your expectation, because those mentioned area will never be part of biafra. And also how did you guys want to govern your tiny 4 state ? who is going to be president there ? because as far as I know all igbo wanna be president or leader by all means. Lips sealed
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
To start tackling our problems,
No. 1 Impeach Jonathan or Remove him by Force

Then we start considering the rest options!
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by ak47mann(m): 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2012
LEXYLOV:

Am very sure that those are are clamor for nation division will be the most loser at the end of the day if that happened.For those igbos who are praying for the nation separation, let me ask you this. Do you think if Nigeria have to divide today, are you expecting Edo, Niger delta to be among your states? or are you dreaming of any SS state to be among your so called awaiting biafra nation? you must be joking if that is your expectation, because those mentioned area will never be part of biafra. And also how did you guys want to govern your tiny 4 state ? who is going to be president there ? because as far as I know all igbo wanna be president or leader by all means. Lips sealed
you sound like you suffer from down-syndrome cool who want your advice and who want you? cool population of England alone is 50.1 million and how big is England?
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by cap28: 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2012
Having read that post i can see that the western nations are all now beating the drum very loudly for the partition of nigeria.

But the question is why?

The answer is that a partitioned nigeria serves the interests of britain and america much better than a united one.

The writer of that article is practically calling upon america to deploy troops to nigeria and occupy the country and yet many posters on here think that is a good thing !!!! You all are going to find out the hard way that these western countriees dont give a damn about the welfare of nigerians but are simply interested in how best to have total control over the oil wells in the south.

I can t beleive some posters on here think that that the writer of that article was being honest and sincere.

First of all nigeria was created by the british not out of a desire to build a nation but out of the need to gain control over a large landmass that they could milk for their own selfish economic interests. They amalgamated south and north not giving a damn about the cultural differences and aspirations of the people within this contraption but merely for the sole aim of ammassing even more stolen land to their portfolio of colonised and enslaved countries.

Now that the contraption is no longer serving the purpose it was meant for they have decided to split it up - not for the benefit of the people within that contraption - but for the benefit of european and american oil companies who would prefer a smaller entity which they can control much more easily by deploying troops to the niger delta region.

This has been done before - sudan was recently split into two - not because of the 20 year war that had raged between north and south previously, but in order to deprive chinese oil and gas investors who had been granted oil concessions by the govt in Khartoum which is located in the north. about 75% of sudanese oil and gas reserves are located in the south and america's aim was to gain full control over them and shut the chinese out completely.

they succeeded in doing just that and now they have turned to another oil rich nation where the chinese have been granted huge oil and gas concessions.

This is all about "strategic national interests" not the welfare of the nigerian people - just wait and see what will unfold in the coming days ahead.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by sheyguy: 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2012
musiwa,,.:

sheyguy, nigerian did not decide to live together during independent, what happen was that britain refuse to grant independent to the western region at that time. And the only way independent could have been obtain according to zik. Who trick chief Obafemi awolowo and Ahmed Bello , please note the word trick. Nnamdi Azikiwe decieve Awolowo and Ahmed bello into accepting independent together because he said it was possible to break up nigeria after independent just like India and Pakistan did.

So they agree with Azikiwe to get independent together. But after independent initial agreement was not followed through by azikiwe and others.

The Western region of the Niger area seek independent from britain alone in 1957 but got self government.
musiwa, i want to disagree with ur point above that says zik promised the Awo and Amadu Bello (AB) that they can decide to go immediately after independence. I want to believe he persuaded them to stay for much longer with the possibility of going away if they decide to. I am saying this because awo was knee deep into Nigerian politics few years into our independence.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Wily1Wily: 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2012
ak47mann:

you sound like you suffer from down-syndrome cool who want your advice and who want you? cool cool
The Monkey is advising me, na wah
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by executinal(m): 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2012
LEXYLOV:

[size=25pt]THE LEVEL OF YOUR STUPIDITY AND SENSE OF REASONING SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO BY YOUR CLOSE RELATION. THE NAME NIGERIA IS A BIG PROBLEM TO HIS CITIZENS IN DIASPORA[/size]
[size=30pt]BIAFRA MY DREAM COUNTRY
[/size]

Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Valon4ego(m): 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
Very excellent analysis @negro_nts. I must confess that i haven't seen the situation in that light.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by john6006: 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2012
NIGERIANS are the only solution to save NIGERIA.

REVOLUTION
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by DECOtech(m): 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2012
GOD did not create Nigeria. A British man did by putting three different countries together. And as such, Nigeria cannot not last as a country just as it has been with every that is man-made.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by philip0906(m): 3:54pm On Jan 26, 2012
muhehehe. . .so u guys think dat nigeria splitting will solve our problems?dreamland.Instead of u guys 2 put ya heads 2gether,push ethnicity/tribalism aside and demand an end 2 corruption,punishment(death by hanging) 4 all leaders who have ruled this nation in the past,sound economic policies that will be drawn up by d masses themselves with aa timeframe given 2 d govt 2 achieve them else,there would be a revolt,basics of life-road,light,water,jobs  provided with dat time frame.A cabal of people r holding this nation 2 ransom and would do anything 2 c dat it remains so.Don't be shocked if some igbos carry guns comfronting MASSOB,yorubas carrying guns demanding one Nigeria,Hausas carrying guns and fighting any perceived agent of break-up-Chaos.
Besides,Nigeria is not going 2 divide.Yeah,quote me and bookmark this page.All y'all screming divide,divide,divide!!! seem not 2 know what our real problems are and until we think with our brains and c dat d hausa man's long years in power did not put light,food,education,roads 4 his northern people,d yoruba man's years in power did not give his own people d basicsof life not 2 talk of d whole nigeria,and so our problem is a collective one,keep on dreaming 4 a break-up. grin grin grin
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by phreakabit(m): 4:05pm On Jan 26, 2012
[size=16pt]Lets split the country up NOW!!!!

The North wants an Islamic state

The Igbos want Biafra

The SS want their own Republic which will ultimately translate into 100% resource control.

The SW wants to stay with the North.

The Middle Belt is in a state of total disarray, not knowing where they belong.

Just split the darn country to avoid something we might all regret .[/size]
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by GAR3TH(m): 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2012
Of course the world will assist the breakup of nigeria, Mainly because nigeria plays a deep role in their economy. They would rather see a peaceful breakup than a civil war which will have an impact on the global economy.

But if nigeria does have a peaceful breakup either 2 countries (Christian vs Muslim) will emerge or 250 countries (Ethnic) will emerge. I don't really see 3 regions, as mentioned in the article, happening because those 3 region were created by the British without any tribes having a say, in other worlds those are 3 mini nigeria's.

most likely a north and a south will be created mainly because the south is largely mixed ethinic wise, you have igbos in lagos, Yorubas in enugu, edos in port harcourt, ijaws in benin city etc and the north is mainly hausa and fulani. I don't see these groups going back to their respective regions in a break, most likely they will be calling for a unified Christian south and a unified Muslim north.

The middle belt is what puzzle me, in a break up base on ethnicities each tribe will have its own country. But a breakup base on religion will be troublesome since the middle belt is mixed like a bowl of soup between Christians and Muslims.

Even with a break up, either it be 2 countries or 250, it still wont solve our main problem, corruption!!!!!
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by phreakabit(m): 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
philip0906:

muhehehe. . .so u guys think dat nigeria splitting will solve our problems?dreamland.Instead of u guys 2 put ya heads 2gether,push ethnicity/tribalism aside and demand an end 2 corruption,punishment(death by hanging) 4 all leaders who have ruled this nation in the past,sound economic policies that will be drawn up by d masses themselves with aa timeframe given 2 d govt 2 achieve them else,there would be a revolt,basics of life-road,light,water,jobs  provided with dat time frame.A cabal of people r holding this nation 2 ransom and would do anything 2 c dat it remains so.Don't be shocked if some igbos carry guns comfronting MASSOB,yorubas carrying guns demanding one Nigeria,Hausas carrying guns and fighting any perceived agent of break-up-Chaos.
Besides,Nigeria is not going 2 divide.Yeah,quote me and bookmark this page.All y'all screming divide,divide,divide!!! seem not 2 know what our real problems are and until we think with our brains and c dat d hausa man's long years in power did not put light,food,education,roads 4 his northern people,d yoruba man's years in power did not give his own people d basicsof life not 2 talk of d whole nigeria,and so our problem is a collective one,keep on dreaming 4 a break-up. grin grin grin

Why don't you just shut up get out of here, go back into your hole and then come back when you have something objective to say. Quit being an optimist hoping for "UNITY". Deal with what you have. The ethnic division and disunity had been deeply rooted right from the inception of this failed project called Nigeria. The worse type of liars, are those who lie to themselves.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by phreakabit(m): 4:13pm On Jan 26, 2012
GAR3TH:

Of course the world will assist the breakup of nigeria, Mainly because nigeria plays a deep role in their economy. They would rather see a peaceful breakup than a civil war which will have an impact on the global economy.

But if nigeria does have a peaceful breakup either 2 countries (Christian vs Muslim) will emerge or 250 countries (Ethnic) will emerge. I don't really see 3 regions, as mentioned in the article, happening because those 3 region were created by the British without any tribes having a say, in other worlds those are 3 mini nigeria's.

most likely a north and a south will be created mainly because the south is largely mixed ethinic wise, you have igbos in lagos, Yorubas in enugu, edos in port harcourt, ijaws in benin city etc and the north is mainly hausa and fulani. I don't see these groups going back to their respective regions in a break, most likely they will be calling for a unified Christian south and a unified Muslim north.

The middle belt is what puzzle me, in a break up base on ethnicities each tribe will have its own country. But a breakup base on religion will be troublesome since the middle belt is mixed like a bowl of soup between Christians and Muslims.

Even with a break up, either it be 2 countries or 250, it still wont solve our main problem, corruption!!!!!

Get your facts right. A civil war will only result in "THE COALITION FORCE" (We know them) coming to help "secure" Nigerias oil installations. . . . . Guess what will be going on behind the curtains? Your guess is as good as mine. They are probably praying for a civil war to occur as we speak.Considering their present economic state.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by philip0906(m): 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2012
phreakabit:

Why don't you just shut up get out of here, go back into your hole and then come back when you have something objective to say. Quit being an optimist hoping for "UNITY". Deal with what you have. The ethnic division and disunity had been deeply rooted right from the inception of this failed project called Nigeria. The worse type of liars, are those who lie to themselves.
easy bro. . .I my self have given up on this geographical enclave called Nigeria.Wether Nigeria splits(ofcourse it won't) or not,I and my family will make it and be happy all d rest of our lives  grin grin.Quit being an internet warrior and go initiate d break-up but be ready 2 stake ur blood in vain,cos it is more than u c.Besides tell me,did these boko haram or religious extremists fall 4rm pluto or their spacecraft missed road and landed in d north?u r d one deceiving ur self,because u have failed 2 address d core and fundamental issues and looking 4 some easy way out.Soon u'll tell urself d truth-waiting 4 u  grin grin
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by GAR3TH(m): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2012
phreakabit:

Get your facts right. A civil war will only result in "THE COALITION FORCE" (We know them) coming to help "secure" Nigerias oil installations. . . . . Guess what will be going on behind the curtains? Your guess is as good as mine. They are probably praying for a civil war to occur as we speak.Considering their present economic state.

But a civil war will shutdown the economy and foreign trade. Just look at Libya's civil war, yes nato did help them but their oil production and economy was basically shutdown, which effect the worlds economy. Now look nigeria which produces 1/5th of America's oil imports, I highly doubt that the USA will want a civil war and a freeze in oil production and no america wont be stealing oil. The oil companies are contractually obligated so theft will not occur, just like there was no theft in Libya.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by phreakabit(m): 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2012
GAR3TH:

But a civil war will shutdown the economy and foreign trade. Just look at Libya's civil war, yes nato did help them but their oil production and economy was basically shutdown, which effect the worlds economy. Now look nigeria which produces 1/5th of America's oil imports, I highly doubt that the USA will want a civil war and a freeze in oil production and

no america wont be stealing oil.

The oil companies are contractually obligated so theft will not occur,

just like there was no theft in Libya.

After reading the emboldened. I have come to a conclusion that there's no point in trying to make you see things my way. Changing ones perception of things is the hardest thing to do in life. You can sell your philosophy to the pathetically ignorant African. Just not  me.  wink

BTW I laughed hard at those parts!!!
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by musiwa43: 4:33pm On Jan 26, 2012
phreakabit , where did you get that information from that the yorubas want to stay with the north. that is not correct. Even during the June 12 election of chief abiola, the igbos support the north and not the yorubas, the igbo lack of support for chief abiola was the reason why Abiola election was one of the reason why the election was cancel.

An igbo man went to court to cancel the election of chief abiola. the igbo tend to support the north in the election. so stop telling lies. even when you remove edo,delta and yorubas. christian and muslim still remain in nigeria after the removal will still be about 50:50:  

even when you remove edo,delta annd Yorubas even with the national assembly ,, the number of christian at the assembly to muslim will still even nearly be the same or close to it. it will be a country of 50% to 50%  ,  christain : muslim when you remove edo,delta and yorubas.

And it is not correct that christain have rule more than muslim. Muslim have ruled more than christian in nigeria.  muslim have ruled for 28 years  of 51 years. while christain have ruled for 23 years.  

8 Muslim have ruled nigerian compare to 5 christian.     8 Muslim to 5 christian.   stop telling lies over the internet.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by nagoma(m): 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2012
Should The United States Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It?

Although you said the world in the topic you actually mean the United States of America as it became obviuos in the thread. These are the kind of supposed thoughts that will make many Nigerians and non Nigerians continue to believe that , the whole BH is a plan for another Berlin Conference for the Super Power. The writer of this article is just telling us to hurry up the US is impatient as the Europeans and other US appendages need more cheap and if possible, free oil. As Iraq is being provoked by the oil embargo , Nigerias oil will be useful to cover the gap before Irans oil field become US owned (Just like those of Iraq and Libya).  I see see that the Chief Securuty Advisor (Aziza) and the venomous CAN leader are restless a in their effort to speed up the arrival of "God" in form of America. I cry for my country , I cry for Africa.  sad
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by phreakabit(m): 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2012
nagoma:

Should The United States Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It?

Although you said the world in the topic you actually mean the United States of America as it became obviuos in the thread. These are the kind of supposed thoughts that will make many Nigerians and non Nigerians continue to believe that , the whole BH is a plan for another Berlin Conference for the Super Power. The writer of this article is just telling us to hurry up the US is impatient as the Europeans and other US appendages need more cheap and if possible, free oil. As Iraq is being provoked by the oil embargo , Nigerias oil will be useful to cover the gap before Irans oil field become US owned (Just like those of Iraq and Libya).  I see see that the Chief Securuty Advisor (Aziza) and the venomous CAN leader are restless a in their effort to speed up the arrival of "God" in form of America. I cry for my country , I cry for Africa.  sad

Don't you have  Islamic holy bomb making classes today? E-boko

America can come in only after we split. So they can deal with you guys squarely!!!!
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Yeske2(m): 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2012
@musiwa, you no dey fall my hand at all, I've been expecting you all the while with the satellite maps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

House Of Representatives Threatens Warrant On Shell’s Md / See The Mansion Rochas Okorocha Gifted His Ethiopian Girlfriend / Nigeria, World Bank, Seven Energy Sign Deal For Over 500MW To National Grid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.