Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,835 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? (8934 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Obama Accused Of Aiding Boko Haram In Order To Help Buhari Win Elections / Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by PointB: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^^
To bad I am using the phone. Missed musiwa's famous satellite pictures. Lol
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by phreakabit(m): 5:22pm On Jan 26, 2012
musiwa,,.:

[s]phreakabit , where did you get that information from that the yorubas want to stay with the north. that is not correct. Even during the June 12 election of chief abiola, the igbos support the north and not the yorubas,  the igbo lack of support for chief abiola was the reason why Abiola election was one of the reason why the election was cancel.

An igbo man went to court to cancel the election of chief abiola. the igbo tend to support the north in the election. so stop telling lies[/s]. even when you remove edo,delta and yorubas. christian and muslim still remain in nigeria after the removal will still be about 50:50:  

even when you remove edo,delta annd Yorubas even with the national assembly ,, the number of christian at the assembly to muslim will still even nearly be the same or close to it. it will be a country of 50% to 50%  ,   christain : muslim when you remove edo,delta and yorubas.

And it is not correct that christain have rule more than muslim. Muslim have ruled more than christian in nigeria.  muslim have ruled for 28 years  of 51 years. while christain have ruled for 23 years.  

8 Muslim have ruled nigerian compare to 5 christian.     8 Muslim to 5 christian.   stop telling lies over the internet.

I had to X that bit out of your post, as it was tainting the other parts. I would say you should thank me for doing that, as that was incessant rubbish coming from you. My reasons:

1, Your people fought to stay with the North during the civil war.

2, Abiola brought whatever the Igbos did to him upon himself. You don't make comments like that and expect to WIN. I am not even going to repeat what he said. But just incase you don't know about it, you should do your research and find out.

Peace.

BTW I have a lot of post on threads here of confirmed Yorubas users saying they prefer to stay with the Northerners.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2012
As long as Azikiwe died a Nigerian, the country will remain as one. Whether you like it or not.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by nagoma(m): 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2012
@phreakabit
Don't you have Islamic holy bomb making classes today? E-boko

America can come in only after we split. So they can deal with you guys squarely!!!!

The same old story, "a friend of my distant cousin will come and help me harvest my yam tomorrow" We believe you when you say you will do it yourselves,
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by phreakabit(m): 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
nagoma:

@phreakabit 

The same old story, "a friend of my distant cousin will come and help me harvest my yam tomorrow" We believe you when you say you will do it yourselves,

Yawns!!!!! Better start building an underground bunker. Let me put it in simpler terms. Scenario 1:

America air raids for hours unending!!!!! Abokis yelling and wailing . . . . .  Finally it all stops. The dust clears and the debris settles. . . . . . .  The Sahara desert just got a whole lot bigger.  grin
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by 9jaIhail(m): 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2012
phreakabit:

I had to X that bit out of your post, as it was tainting the other parts. I would say you should thank me for doing that, as that was incessant rubbish coming from you. My reasons:

1, Your people fought to stay with the North during the civil war.

2, Abiola brought whatever the Igbos did to him upon himself. You don't make comments like that and expect to [b]WIN. I am not even going to repeat what he said. But just incase you don't know about it, you should do your research and find out.[/b]

Peace.

BTW I have a lot of post on threads here of confirmed Yorubas users saying they prefer to stay with the Northerners.

my dear you have said it all but he must have excuses to defend his fact that is nairaland for you.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by nagoma(m): 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
@phreakabit

Dreaming angry. Where were these so called friends  the last time you got a bloody good hiding?  grin
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by cristog120: 7:21pm On Jan 26, 2012
plz where do the avalanche of almajiris all over the north disappear into in their adulthood with their distorted orientation about life?life will never be safe in that region as long as we have large number of people in this category in our society.my question is, why do yoruba muslems not follow dis almajiri system if it is a perfect way of acquiring islamic education? almajiri, to me, is just a way of shifting family responsibility to the public for biting more than one can chew.these children feed themselves and learn under an escruciating enviroment with a blick future.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Gerrard59(m): 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2012
[
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by phreakabit(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2012
Gerrard59:

You again!! Dis ur western,west,western hate won't carry you anywher as long as u stay in da UK. Leave d west and precipitate home and don't be there complaining. Do you think Nigeria was created by God or meant to be one? It's not by 4ce to remain one. You accuse the USA of dividing Sudan,but 4got how China was sending weapons to khartoum to kill innocent South Sudanese. 4 u info,d same SS gave oil contracts to malaysian,Indians and CHINESE FIRMS. No Western firm got a any block,field to drill oil. The USA has been in Kuwait,but have never stolen a single barrel of crude nd u precipitate here bashing them frm d UK. HYPOCRTIES!!!!

[size=14pt]Watch this and tell me what you think wink :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlX7jGPFIv4[/size]
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by cap28: 12:50am On Jan 27, 2012
Gerrard59:

You again!! Dis ur western,west,western hate won't carry you anywher as long as u stay in da UK. Leave d west and precipitate home and don't be there complaining. Do you think Nigeria was created by God or meant to be one? It's not by 4ce to remain one. You accuse the USA of dividing Sudan,but 4got how China was sending weapons to khartoum to kill innocent South Sudanese. 4 u info,d same SS gave oil contracts to malaysian,Indians and CHINESE FIRMS. No Western firm got a any block,field to drill oil. The USA has been in Kuwait,but have never stolen a single barrel of crude nd u precipitate here bashing them frm d UK. HYPOCRTIES!!!!

yes me again, who do you think is supplying arms to both sides in the ongoing war in DRC?

who financed and armed the mass murderer Charles Taylor?  If my memory serves me well, wasnt it recently revealed that he was a CIA agent?
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Gerrard59(m): 1:25am On Jan 27, 2012
[
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by musiwa43: 2:05am On Jan 27, 2012
phreakabit how old are you. the yorubas had less than 1000 men during the civil war. yorubaland was occupied by northern army.  check your fact.
Abiola sponsored many igbo to up to university . and  abiola employ many igbos.

Which post is that . there is nothing like that. Do you know who you are speaking with.    I will make sure every house of assembly member from some state vote to leave nigeria. By the grace of God.  I am not boosting.  I am telling you something of a fact.

I can influence more people than even the president of Nigeria.  Not only that by the grace of God and not that  any man can boost.  You just saw nation strike against Jonathan Goodluck.  Even if you want them to remove the people in power.

This is why I am careful, what I say online.  How does that sound to you young man.  God see me, I am not boosting.  I influence decision not only in nigeria but other africa countries. this is not a boost but a gift of God.

[img]http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20120113/800_nigeria_strike2_ap_1201.jpg[/img]
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by musiwa43: 2:55am On Jan 27, 2012
phreakabit  there is a song

By your grace I stand, by your grace I live
Of every moment and of everyday
lord I stand
To just walk in the place , you prepare for me.
lord I am walking in the heavenly
By your grace.

phreakabit Young man walk in the heavenly.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by BlackPikiN(m): 3:03am On Jan 27, 2012
^^^ AARE MUSIWA. Hw far?
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by SamIkenna: 8:18am On Jan 27, 2012
Negro_Ntns wrote: I appreciate what you said Sam, very touching.  I won't go into what led to that part of undesirable Negro you know.  But I do understand your stance and you are the third person to approach me today with that demand. . . which makes it ominous for me to refuse.

I read the OP article twice and reflected on it, I didn't think I should start the thread with a controversy, it would turn people off and wouldn't get us anywhere to derive meaningful and substantial points and lessons from the post.

US is Nigeria's business partner, they are not our friend.  They accomodate us but they wouldn't bend backward to cushion our fall if it comes to it. US is also business partner with Saudi Arabia. Their partnership with the latter is a bosom one.  US will never fire a government worker that is offensive to Nigeria but they have fired on few occassions cabinet ministers that stepped on wrong Saudi toe.

The Arabic scholars (mallams) that run madrassas in North are subsidized by stipends and scholarship endowments funded indirectly from Saudi purse. For many years (i dont know if that is still ongoing or not), Saudi Arabia was paying some comfortable allowances to the Northern Nigeria Emirates, an incentive to get them into the Ummah - OIC (Org. of Islamic Council). 

The government of Buhari made some rearrangements in national banking and monetary policies that helped strengthen the naira against the dollar, import regulation and IMF loan were primary amongst these policies.  The effect initially was hard on an economy that for years had lived on largesse free for all and splurg. The micro management of the economy and banking sector soon began to produce great results.  The administration's intent was to cut off indiscipline, corruption and immorality in the society and elevate our country to true independence and self-sustenability.  The limb that fed the incentive money to Emirs was thus cut off and the OIC attachment was ignored.

Buhari's administration however supported a sharia law for the Northerners and started working on that as a way of restoring morality up in the region.  Saudi Arabia was a co-sponsor of the coup that toppled Buhari and brought IBB in. This connection was the lure that pulled Idiagbon out of the country to go to Saudi Arabia on Hajj and paved a way for the surprise pounce.

IBB reversed most of Buhari's policies. He reversed the monitor on banking and gave access to IMF. He also delivered Nigeria into official and legal membership of the OIC.  I think this was done the year after he came in power.  So Nigeria has been a member of OIC ever since.  Of all the Northern sons that ever ruled Nigeria, Buhari is treated by the North like a step child.  They did not forgive him. It is unfortunate that we will never know what a great team we had in Buhari and his cabinets. . . . until that man is dead and a book is written revealing his vision for Nigeria.  The first Northerner to ever break out of the stereotype and embrace the idea of national patriotism.  Over the years, rejected by the North and South and from losses in election after election he became embittered and his ugly side came to surface.

Let's go back to Saudi Arabia. . . . . has anyone yet wonder why all of Arabian peninsula is burning but not Saudi Arabia?

Right after Tunisia and when Egypt exploded, Followed by Yemen, Jordan. . . . Saudi Arabia was particularly concerned for Egypt, Yemen and itself,  ,  . .   US enbedded itself and sunk its resources into Saudi Arabia in exchange for active tab on Osama.  If Tunisia had not burn, followed by Egypt and Yemen, if the mob events of the Arab spring had not happened, Osama would still be alive.  Saudi Arabia is not burning but its neighbors are because Saudi negotiated its way out.

Saudi Arabia still has lots of interest in Northen Nigeria, particularly now that the North has resolved to live under Sharia. . . . that will touch on Saudi's values and interest.  They will be asking how they can support that and make it happen.  What is dear to Saudi Arabia is dear to US.  So I will caution anyone who believes that US can be a fair and unbiased mediator and or fight the Southern cause against North to please think again.  Wherever North leans, they will draw sympathy from Saudi and wherever Saudi says hurts, US is ready to soothe it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Negro, If I said the bolded above was incorrect I would be lying. I have always known the bolded was a possibility and that's why you don't see me talking about US helping or not helping. National interests trumps everything and when it comes to Saudi Arabia I can arguably say that US has sold her soul to them. Its clear US doesn't like the core north for reasons you know but that's not to say US is going to support the South. Saudi has so much interest in Nigeria and as long as that interest is very much alive US is not going to be quick in picking sides. They might even sit on the sidelines while Saudi supplies core north with American made weapons in the event of all-out-war. Its on this premise that I've canvassed for an all inclusive southern and middle belt common front.

I have no doubt that every region in Nigeria from middle belt to SS has what it takes to take on core north in the event of hostilities but as you know, war is neither symmetrical nor linear. There are so much national and international interests that go into wars and if you're unlucky those interests will destroy your noble cause. I know some folks would like to misrepresent my plea for southern and middle belt solidarity as cowardice but that's not what it truly means. The essence of understanding amongst the freedom loving and secular regions of Nigeria is to make sure no region misunderstands each other's moves. If region A feels they want out region B,C, and D would say we 're not stopping her, she's free to do as she pleases. Also the region that leaves must protect the investments and interests of citizens of region B,C, and D; this is a win win situation that saves lives too.

The problem we in the south have is not that we not tired of Nigeria, its that we are too passive when it comes to the future of this country. We think that education, civility, secularity, international travelling will make the west like us or regard us better than the "savage" north. We think that as long as our region is fine other regions can burn. We think that as long as we are better educated then we are smarter than core north. However, I 've gat news for us - those claims are deceptive. Until we, especially Igbo and Yoruba, start closing rank I guarantee you we 'll be talking about another type of terrorist group from the north in 2060. Even though it would be great to have US help in ending this carnage but it does not stop us from working together now. A stitch in time saves nine.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by NegroNtns(m): 9:04am On Jan 27, 2012
Until we, especially Igbo and Yoruba, start closing rank I guarantee you we 'll be talking about another type of terrorist group from the north in 2060.

Sam, clarify the above for me. What do you mean?
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by SamIkenna: 10:56am On Jan 27, 2012
It means the leaders of the major ethnic groups in the south and maybe middle belt should start having serious dialogue on how to save our children's future. They can have disagreements, that's fine, but they should have a common position that all can agree on, say for example SNG. We know most of our leaders believe in it but why is it difficult for them to come together and say its now or never? We must not shoot down good solution or strategy because it didn't come from our zones.

The position we are right now is akin to sidon dey look. We only seem to get serious when our individual zones look like they are under attack. So, coming back to your question, both Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw etc should sit down and ask themselves - is this the kind of nation we want? we've already spent over 50 yrs and it doesnt look like we are getting out of the woods. Its obvious core north was not ready for independence from day one but does it mean we have to pay for it till eternity? Every man has a breaking point, when is ours? These and more are the questions they need to look into.

There is no shame in survival and there is no shame in talking to your neighbour. In 1966 we didn't talk much but today we have the opportunity to start afresh. Our leaders need to put their feet down and demand either SNG, REGIONALIZATION like before, or SEPARATION. Those cant be achieved without one voice. Mind you, I'm not saying Igbo should like Yoruba or Yoruba should like Ijaw eventhough I have no hate for anyone, we don't have to like each to know when things aren't right with our country. I assume we all love our children more than we hate our neighbour.

In conclusion, if Igbo and Yoruba cant put their feet down, draw a line in the sand and speak out the solution in one single loud voice then we might as well accept that north west and north east will, as usual, scuttle all solutions. We need to start sending feelers to each other to ascertain areas of common interest.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by phreakabit(m): 11:04am On Jan 27, 2012
musiwa,,.:

phreakabit how old are you. the yorubas had less than 1000 men during the civil war. yorubaland was occupied by northern army.  check your fact.
Abiola sponsored many igbo to up to university . and  abiola employ many igbos.

Which post is that . there is nothing like that. Do you know who you are speaking with.    I will make sure every house of assembly member from some state vote to leave nigeria. By the grace of God.  I am not boosting.  I am telling you something of a fact.

I can influence more people than even the president of Nigeria.  Not only that by the grace of God and not that  any man can boost.  You just saw nation strike against Jonathan Goodluck.  Even if you want them to remove the people in power.

This is why I am careful, what I say online.  How does that sound to you young man.  God see me, I am not boosting.  I influence decision not only in nigeria but other africa countries. this is not a boost but a gift of God.

[img]http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20120113/800_nigeria_strike2_ap_1201.jpg[/img]

I still maintain my stance on what I initially stated about Abiola. BTW can you please mention just one of the "many" Igbos he sponsored in schools as stated by you? Also having less than "1000 men" in "ANY" war still makes you an active participant in that war. We should remember that the plan was for Igbos to secede first, and then to be followed by your people et the others. However, as we all know the reverse was the case. I must say that if your people after making plans to secede decided to still join the Nigerian army in war against the Igbos, even after being part of the initial plan. Their decisions was fuelled by either of these points mentioned below:

1, Treachery

2, Cowardice

3, Personal Interest

I am very sure you will most likely refute the first 2 mentioned points, and probably settle for the third. Now please answer this simple question. Why would you guys want to leave a "profitable" union and what would be the motive for leaving it?
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by musiwa43: 11:13am On Jan 27, 2012
Sam_Ikenna, i dont think you get it. You may not be a nigerian. The boko haram people are not about anyone, they are not doing the bombing because of Jonathan Goodluck or Buhari. It is about the injustice in the system, I am a christian and I will tell you Jonathan Goodluck is not addressing injustice in the nigeria system which was created by previous government.

in nigeria 20 state have more christian population than muslim population. there are only 15 state where there are more muslim than christian. 1 state. i am not sure of the ratio.  ratio 20:15:1 , people dont vote for religion in most cases

Look Jonathan Goodluck government continue to support injustice in the system call Nigeria. they have refuse any form of reform. Millions of nigerian are now looking at the satellite pictures and they understand what this pictures means.

A good government anywhere in the world can not continue with injustice and expect the people to do nothing. Jonathan Goodluck can not continue to pay niger delta militia allowance monthly and expect other nigerian to fold their hand. That as to stop.  when 70% of nigeria oil is imported into Nigeria.  When really what was assume to be the oil were mostly made up of  media story .  you can not continue to pay abia state oil derivation when abia has no oil. I have friend from abia state. And many of them will agree with me that the government should stop oil derivation payment to abia state.  You can see the number of Igbos already killed over the Christmas killing. Is it worth killing Igbo to make Goodluck to stop illegal oil payment. or wait when this mean people start killing Ijaw.

The government want injustice to continue because it does not want to face the truth. It is an issue of you are looking at that a satellite pictures and injustice is been done to some nigerian group and each month the government of Nigeria continue injustice . This is why the people bomb the place.

I am christian. You have not seen Boko haram saying they want a muslim president or other group shouting they want a christian president. but more of injustice done to them,    look at this satellite picture, have you seen Jonathan Goodluck talk about it. NO. Jonathan Goodluck have seen it. and have done nothing about it. David mark have seen it and done nothing about.

Let me show you the danger you are in. You are dealing with a generation that is different from you. It is a generation that is in big time cult system. Where same cult group spreed all over nigeria. who can bomb 17 states at the same time on the same day , at the same hours with just one word from a CAPO. can cause the death of millions of people.

The problem is you dont understand the generation you are dealing with, you assume you are dealing with the generation of Obasanjo or IBB or Buhari. You are dealing with a generation which has computer knowledge and knows the implication of the satellite pictures. Jonathan Goodluck make me laugh when he brought Christopher kolade to deal with an issue with a generation, who really does not even know who Christopher kolade is. Kolade may be a nice man to his generation. this generation,  They will ask you who is kolade.  80% of nigeria are of a different generation. power must switch from generation to generation.

You are dealing with a generation when the word of a CAPO can kill millions of people in 17 states on the same day, same time.   The government have to deal with the issue of the satellite pictures to have peace. Because this generation is a computer age generation. But Jonathan Goodluck want to run away from the truth because of his job.

It is not about election rigging only but correct structure wrong in the system. Jonathan Goodluck is running away from the truth. and I have said it breaking up Nigeria looks like the only solution to have peace.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by nduchucks: 4:40pm On Jan 27, 2012
Quite a few delusional posts here. Negro_Ntns and Sam_Ikenna suffer from a very negative disconnect from the realities on ground. I dey laugh o.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by SamIkenna: 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Quite a few delusional posts here. Negro_Ntns and Sam_Ikenna suffer from a very negative disconnect from the realities on ground. I dey laugh o.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ndu_chuks nwanne, the most realistic and practical person you'll ever find is me. We are trying to find solutions with minimal casualties, thats all. There is no biggie in accepting the obvious - we are not one and never will. As long as I'm alive I will always look for solutions to poverty, misery, and carnage. Unfortunately core north has become the nucleus of the bolded and therefore I feel no shame in seeking for the solution.

Whether you like it or not we all need our spaces and we will get it, enough of you breathing down our necks like we are your little children. I believe the whole core north is not involved in Boko Haram. However, it is my understanding that only core north can solve it and that's why we should allow you guys to solve it Arewa Republic way.

I may be delusional to you but not to people from my own side of the divide because they are the ones smelling your breathe around their necks. Like I always say, I love you and I want the best for you but its time for me to pursue my destiny without you as my country man. We've been in the same ship anchored in the pacific with no navigation equipment for over 50 yrs, I'm tired of it and nothing will stop me from jumping into the next available ship be it canoe or tuketuke. Whether you are the cause of this ship's predicament is immaterial at this point, save your energy and i'll advice you look for the second available canoe and jump in to.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by SamIkenna: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2012
musiwa my brother, you said "Sam_Ikenna, i dont think you get it. You may not be a nigerian" and then you went on to say "and I have said it breaking up Nigeria looks like the only solution to have peace." Pls educate me on how your last bolded is different from position. You want solutions and I want solutions. You think breaking up may solve the problem and I said it sure will. Cant you see we 're in agreement,
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by ak47mann(m): 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

musiwa my brother, you said "Sam_Ikenna, i dont think you get it. You may not be a nigerian" and then you went on to say "and I have said it breaking up Nigeria looks like the only solution to have peace." Pls educate me on how your last bolded is different from position. You want solutions and I want solutions. You think breaking up may solve the problem and I said it sure will. Cant you see we 're in agreement,
Your name suppose to be (solomon) the wise man,on a neutral level,i like the way you break down things.Dalu kwa cool
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by musiwa43: 2:21am On Jan 28, 2012
Sam_Ikenna what do you define as north. Kwara and Kogi are not part of the north. they are yoruba people.

Kwara and Kogi is part of the western Niger. even delta and edo state is part of the western niger. the north consist of 14 state my friend and they are all above the river niger. You see, you cheat kwara and kogi state when you consider them as north.

Kwara,kogi are part of the western Niger

Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 28, 2012
If Nigerian should break eh. . .

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZPT4UaYo5c?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 28, 2012
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 28, 2012
God talking to Nigeria, get out of the rubbish union. dide kuro ninu irewesin. Asiko re ti to, Igba yen ti de!!

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA0hd_G6lLI?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by nduchucks: 2:51am On Jan 28, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ndu_chuks nwanne, the most realistic and practical person you'll ever find is me. We are trying to find solutions with minimal casualties, thats all. There is no biggie in accepting the obvious - we are not one and never will. As long as I'm alive I will always look for solutions to poverty, misery, and carnage. Unfortunately core north has become the nucleus of the bolded and therefore I feel no shame in seeking for the solution.

Whether you like it or not we all need our spaces and we will get it, enough of you breathing down our necks like we are your little children. I believe the whole core north is not involved in Boko Haram. However, it is my understanding that only core north can solve it and that's why we should allow you guys to solve it Arewa Republic way.

I may be delusional to you but not to people from my own side of the divide because they are the ones smelling your breathe around their necks. Like I always say, I love you and I want the best for you but its time for me to pursue my destiny without you as my country man. We've been in the same ship anchored in the pacific with no navigation equipment for over 50 yrs, I'm tired of it and nothing will stop me from jumping into the next available ship be it canoe or tuketuke. Whether you are the cause of this ship's predicament is immaterial at this point, save your energy and i'll advice you look for the second available canoe and jump in to.

I maintain that you suffer from a disconnect from the realities on ground and are delusional in your pronouncements. Your idealism is only good for college term papers, sadly. It suffices for now, to point out that the "core North" who you claim is the nucleus of poverty, misery, and carnage in our land could not have carried out the acts of becoming this nucleus successfully, without their co-conspirators in the South. You have dishonestly refused to acknowledge the active participation of these southerners. My question to you is why?

The issue at hand is completely related to power and control. The Nigerian elite, who hail from North, South, East, and West currently have the power and rule you people. In order to achieve your stated goal, power must first be wrestled out of the hands of these people. You had a chance to make some progress with recent protests but the powerful elite castrated you before you could gain any ground. It is essentially impossible to tear this country apart peacefully without first wrestling power away from the government.

Your next option is the intervention of the military. Here again, you will fail woefully. A coup is not possible in Nigeria at the moment because all the officers around the country who can carry it out have been bought and paid for, the rest of them have been retired by OBJ.

The future is looking more and more like a Nigeria controlled by 3 competing interests (1) USA (2) Saudi Arabia (3) China.  We are basically fcked for now. Sam Ikenna,  you are delusional, don't take my observation as an insult, biko nu.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Onlytruth(m): 8:02am On Jan 28, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I maintain that you suffer from a disconnect from the realities on ground and are delusional in your pronouncements. Your idealism is only good for college term papers, sadly. It suffices for now, to point out that the "core North" who you claim is the nucleus of poverty, misery, and carnage in our land could not have carried out the acts of becoming this nucleus successfully, without their co-conspirators in the South. You have dishonestly refused to acknowledge the active participation of these southerners. My question to you is why?

No amount of lies would change the facts about Nigeria, and if you are interested in the facts, you would at least acknowledge that the ONLY REAL ISSUE in Nigeria is the "born to rule" issue which is often violently enforced by your people in Northern Nigeria, from 1945 till date. If Islamic Northern Nigeria (core North) has not adopted mass murder (through religious riots, coups and war), Nigeria would have since voted in PROPERLY EDUCATED and QUALIFIED leaders at the federal level.
BUT NO, that is not what we have seen over these years. Our current "Boko Haram" carnage is a direct product of threats issued by core Northern politicians that they would make Nigeria "ungovernable" for Jonathan, a hapless Christian president from Ijawland. Now, Nigerians are dying again, basically to pay for this born to rule mentality.
Boko Haram has just issued their ONLY demand, on the condition of which they would cease fire -TOTAL ISLAMIZATION OF NIGERIA. What has southern politicians to do with this?
Don't worry, I read the tea leaves. From what I see, people in Nigeria are gradually getting their courage back (after the civil war), and are demanding more boldly for a sustainable change, which BTW must include an option for total disintegration of Nigeria. That is what got one of your Northern uncles worried, and he started threatening war again.
Personally, I believe that the threat of war will soon wear out when folks flying that kite discover that no one is cowed anymore, and they would be forced to head to the table.

[s]The issue at hand is completely related to power and control. The Nigerian elite, who hail from North, South, East, and West currently have the power and rule you people. In order to achieve your stated goal, power must first be wrestled out of the hands of these people. You had a chance to make some progress with recent protests but the powerful elite castrated you before you could gain any ground. It is essentially impossible to tear this country apart peacefully without first wrestling power away from the government.

Your next option is the intervention of the military. Here again, you will fail woefully. A coup is not possible in Nigeria at the moment because all the officers around the country who can carry it out have been bought and paid for, the rest of them have been retired by OBJ.

The future is looking more and more like a Nigeria controlled by 3 competing interests (1) USA (2) Saudi Arabia (3) China.  We are basically fcked for now. Sam Ikenna,  you are delusional, don't take my observation as an insult, biko nu.  [/s]

Pure hogwash. cool
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by cap28: 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The issue at hand is completely related to power and control. The Nigerian elite, who hail from North, South, East, and West currently have the power and rule you people. In order to achieve your stated goal, power must first be wrestled out of the hands of these people. You had a chance to make some progress with recent protests but the powerful elite castrated you before you could gain any ground. It is essentially impossible to tear this country apart peacefully without first wrestling power away from the government.

The future is looking more and more like a Nigeria controlled by 3 competing interests (1) USA (2) Saudi Arabia (3) China. We are basically fcked for now. Sam Ikenna, you are delusional, don't take my observation as an insult, biko nu.

at last the voice of wisdom

The nigerians on this forum have failed to understand that what we are dealing with is a class war and not an inter ethnic one. What do Goodluck Jonathan, Okonjo Iweala and Allison Madueke have in common with Sanusi Lamido, and other northern elitists?

answer: despite beign from different parts of nigeria they all have one common interest to preserve the status quo and to carry on exploiting and abusing the nigerian people.

ndu chucks you got it right - the ruling classes though made up predominantly of northerners also comprise a large number of southerners who do not give a rats arse about their fellow southerners.

The southerners who are members of this ruling elite are just as greedy, callous and evil as their northern counterparts.

The reality is that the working class northerners have more in common with working class southerners than many nigerians realise, but tribalism and ignorance clouds the minds of many in nigeria.

the only way out is for a grass roots revolution which will completely uproot the rotten foundation that nigeria is built upon. this grass roots movement must cut across ethnicity and religion or it will play into the hands of the nigerian elite who will use ethnicity and religion as they usually do to divide and frustrate anything aimed at removing them from power.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by cap28: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sam Ikenna - you sound very naive - nigeria is a creation of western colonialists who are still pulling the strings to date. If the northerners see themselves as born to rule its because they were elevated to that position by britain who falsified the census figures in 1959 in order to ensure that they would always have a majority in the house of representatives and remain at the helm of affairs indefinitely. As you can see that has been very successful as they have been in power for approximately 41 years out of 51 years of our independence. The so called southerners who have been allowed to lead nigeria have never served the interests of their fellow southerners but have instead served the interests of the tiny elite group who have destroyed nigeria.

The question you need to ask yourself is why did britain arm the north against the eastern secession of biafra? if you can answer that question then you will know who really owns and controls nigeria.

when you people talk about splitting the country i just laugh - you cant split the country without the consent of the people who created you in the first place - this is why biafra failed because Ojukwu sought to break out of the neo colonial cage built for nigerians by britain - the only time you can break free is when you become MILITARILY POWERFUL ENOUGH TO DICTATE THE TUNE TO THE PEOPLE WHO STILL HAVE THEIR FEET ON YOUR NECK.

As it stands now the nigerian elite (both northern and southern elitists) are running nigeria on behalf of the same people who created the contraption in the first place.
Therefore you can not expect that you can break out of this bondage without coming into direct confrontation with these people.

If nigeria is to split - it will be at the behest of these same people NOT at the behest of the nigerian people. As you can see the US is agitating for nigeria to split - why do you think that is? is it because they give a damn about the welfare of nigerians within this contraption? if you beleive that then you deserve what they are about to bring to nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Place Obasanjo On A Security Surveillance - NCYY / Sun Governor Of The Year 2018: Gov Ugwuanyi Arrives At Venue / El-rufai Not Involved In Accident, Aide Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.