Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,988 members, 7,952,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? (9029 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Obama Accused Of Aiding Boko Haram In Order To Help Buhari Win Elections / Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by stayreal: 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2012
cap28:

Sam Ikenna - you sound very naive - nigeria is a creation of western colonialists who are still pulling the strings to date. If the northerners see themselves as born to rule its because they were elevated to that position by britain who falsified the census figures in 1959 in order to ensure that they would always have a majority in the house of representatives and remain at the helm of affairs indefinitely. As you can see that has been very successful as they have been in power for approximately 41 years out of 51 years of our independence. The so called southerners who have been allowed to lead nigeria have never served the interests of their fellow southerners but have instead served the interests of the tiny elite group who have destroyed nigeria.

The question you need to ask yourself is why did britain arm the north against the eastern secession of biafra? if you can answer that question then you will know who really owns and controls nigeria.

when you people talk about splitting the country i just laugh - you cant split the country without the consent of the people who created you in the first place - this is why biafra failed because Ojukwu sought to break out of the neo colonial cage built for nigerians by britain - the only time you can break free is when you become MILITARILY POWERFUL ENOUGH TO DICTATE THE TUNE TO THE PEOPLE WHO STILL HAVE THEIR FEET ON YOUR NECK.

As it stands now the nigerian elite (both northern and southern elitists) are running nigeria on behalf of the same people who created the contraption in the first place.
Therefore you can not expect that you can break out of this bondage without coming into direct confrontation with these people.

If nigeria is to split - it will be at the behest of these same people NOT at the behest of the nigerian people. As you can see the US is agitating for nigeria to split - why do you think that is? is it because they give a damn about the welfare of nigerians within this contraption? if you beleive that then you deserve what they are about to bring to nigeria.

Good post! I have been saying this for a long time. I still think Sam_Ikenna has some good key points though. People must read this word by word to understand our situation better.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by SamIkenna: 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2012
cap28 and ndu_chucks, its shocking how quick you guys accuse me of being naive and delusional yet a chunk of your posts point in the direction of mine, except of course when ndu_chucks wrote "I maintain that you suffer from a disconnect from the realities on ground and are delusional in your pronouncements. Your idealism is only good for college term papers, sadly. It suffices for now, to point out that the "core North" who you claim is the nucleus of poverty, misery, and carnage in our land could not have carried out the acts of becoming this nucleus successfully, without their co-conspirators in the South. You have dishonestly refused to acknowledge the active participation of these southerners. My question to you is why?"

My response to your quote above is this "since you're fine with scapegoating southerners for the poverty and carnage in the north does it mean I can also blame the core north for OSISIKANKWU? Wow! looks like we have finally found the right people to blame for the gully erosion in the east, ehn before I loose tempo I also want to blame core north for TOKYO in Ibadan (pls dont tell me you dont know Tokyo, The biggest motor park tout that ever existed), gosh! I cant believe I've run out of things to blame the north for." Bull, bull, bull. Your bolded quote is full of baloney.

Mr cap28 you wrote: Sam Ikenna - you sound very naive - nigeria is a creation of western colonialists who are still pulling the strings to date. If the northerners see themselves as born to rule its because they were elevated to that position by britain who falsified the census figures in 1959 in order to ensure that they would always have a majority in the house of representatives and remain at the helm of affairs indefinitely. As you can see that has been very successful as they have been in power for approximately 41 years out of 51 years of our independence. The so called southerners who have been allowed to lead nigeria have never served the interests of their fellow southerners but have instead served the interests of the tiny elite group who have destroyed nigeria.

The question you need to ask yourself is why did britain arm the north against the eastern secession of biafra? if you can answer that question then you will know who really owns and controls nigeria.

when you people talk about splitting the country i just laugh - you cant split the country without the consent of the people who created you in the first place - this is why biafra failed because Ojukwu sought to break out of the neo colonial cage built for nigerians by britain - the only time you can break free is when you become MILITARILY POWERFUL ENOUGH TO DICTATE THE TUNE TO THE PEOPLE WHO STILL HAVE THEIR FEET ON YOUR NECK.

As it stands now the nigerian elite (both northern and southern elitists) are running nigeria on behalf of the same people who created the contraption in the first place.
Therefore you can not expect that you can break out of this bondage without coming into direct confrontation with these people.

If nigeria is to split - it will be at the behest of these same people NOT at the behest of the nigerian people. As you can see the US is agitating for nigeria to split - why do you think that is? is it because they give a damn about the welfare of nigerians within this contraption? if you beleive that then you deserve what they are about to bring to nigeria.

Mr[b] cap28[/b] you know what, I might have as well bolded all your piece because quite frankly you contradicted yourself greatly by writing this piece above and still have the gumption to call me naive. Lets break it down piece by piece.

In your first bolded you stated - If the northerners see themselves as born to rule its because they were elevated to that position by britain who falsified the census figures in 1959 in order to ensure that they would always have a majority in the house of representatives and remain at the helm of affairs indefinitely. As you can see that has been very successful as they have been in power for approximately 41 years out of 51 years of our independence. The so called southerners who have been allowed to lead nigeria have never served the interests of their fellow southerners but have instead served the interests of the tiny elite group who have destroyed nigeria.

And my response to the above is yes sir you are right.

In the second and third bolded you said - when you people talk about splitting the country i just laugh - you cant split the country without the consent of the people who created you in the first place - this is why biafra failed because Ojukwu sought to break out of the neo colonial cage built for nigerians by britain - the only time you can break free is when you become MILITARILY POWERFUL ENOUGH TO DICTATE THE TUNE TO THE PEOPLE WHO STILL HAVE THEIR FEET ON YOUR NECK.

Now this is where we differ. Yes its going to be difficult splitting this nation because of reasons you enumerated above but after 50 yrs of a nation without nationhood am I still indebted to the interest of Britain? If you say yes then I ask you when shall I be free sir? In 100 yrs, 200, when? If you say no, which means I'm free to roll then why cant I look for partners that share my views and form a coalition that will build enough capacity to take down this sinking ship? Is it not what I've been saying all along? I have consistently canvassed for East, West, Middle belt coalition that will bring either SNC, Regionalization, or outright disintegration for the future and peace of our children and one cant be too naive for that.

In your fourth bolded mr cap28 you wrote "As it stands now the nigerian elite (both northern and southern elitists) are running nigeria on behalf of the same people who created the contraption in the first place.
Therefore you can not expect that you can break out of this bondage without coming into direct confrontation with these people."

I respond to the quote above by asking you - what should we do? Should we sit down and wait until the "creators of this bondage" give us a-go-ahead before we commence? Do you mean a slave should not fight but remain a slave until the MASSA says YOU GO BOY! Hey pal, I'm not that kind of slave. I'm the type that gives the MASSA hell until he either kills me or I screw him upside down. You have me as your slave you better be ready because I will never slumber on my plot to have your farm burnt down and all other slaves escape. Nigeria has all of us as slaves in a nation thats suppose to be our country therefore its up to us to find ways to end it. If you think involving all your kins men in the fight is the way out, if you think involving US is better or maybe getting support from Isreal, if you belief forming coaling both online and offline is ideal, if you subscribe to SNC, Biafra, Odua, ND repbulic, Arewa, whatever you belive that will bring peace and secure future to our children, I say to you what Dr M. Luther King said to his people - if you can walk, walk; if you can run, run; but by all means keep moving.

In conclusion I'll say this, its obvious many of us believe this nation is jerked up big time. We are many hence numerous opinions. Lets not demonize or insult eachother because our opinion differs on how to solve our problem. If you find anything insulting to your person in my above piece pls do notify me. cap28 and ndu_chuks we all can agree to disagree and its very reassuring that we all share the view that Nigerians need to have peace and secure future. We all know too well that that peace and future will keep eluding us so long as we keep doing the same thing we've doing for the last 50 yrs. You need a break and so do I, if this break comes in the form of Arewa, Ekiti republic, Isoko republic, Ogoni repub then so be it. Its true there are good stuff that come from being a big nation but what good is that to those murdered in Madalla blast, Berom-Fulani clash, recent Kano mayhem- tell me what good is that to them. Dont you think they would have prefered Ogoni republic to instant roasting they got on Christmas day? Lets not be passive guys, folks are dying horrible deaths in Nigeria simply because we are not one. If we were really one I wouldnt have my people roast other people in the name of Ohaneze, Afenifere, or Egbesu just as I wouldnt have my people sent home smelling like roasted chicken.

Time for blame game is over, we need smart heads from all parts of Lower Nigeria (SW,SE,SS,MB) to dialogue on equal footing. Lets find a lasting solution to this 50 yr disease. When we finally let the core north have its country then we can decide what to do with ours. Yoruba dsliking Igbo or Igbo disliking Yoruba is not enough to keep our children in this hell-bound nation. Even the bible says - can two work together if they are not in agreement? Good! at least we in agreement. We agree Nigeria is heavy on our necks and we need a break so why not work together, when we get our result we can then say bye to eachother.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by nduchucks: 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

[b]When we finally let the core north have its country then we can decide what to do with ours. [/b]Yoruba dsliking Igbo or Igbo disliking Yoruba is not enough to keep our children in this hell-bound nation. Even the bible says - can two work together if they are not in agreement? Good! at least we in agreement. We agree Nigeria is heavy on our necks and we need a break so why not work together, when we get our result we can then say bye to eachother.

None of what you've stated above in achievable with the current crop of leaders who are hell bent on maintaining the status quo. These leaders do not have the will to do what you are prescribing. The Nigerian masses are not ready to make the requisite change either, so we remain screwed.

It is not enough to say we need a break and call for us to work together, when our common enemy retains power and control. If you have any concrete and workable plans of taking power away from these people, lets hear it. West African or  Nigerian spring is not in the horizon.  Academic analysis cannot replace practical solutions and so far, you have offered no practical or workable path towards achieving your stated goals. I must confess that I feel your pain.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by aljharem(m): 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2012
This Sam_Ikenna seems to be a very different breed of Igbo I am yet to meet on Nairaland.

*I am coming back to read more of his reply*
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by musiwa43: 7:53pm On Jan 28, 2012
ndu_chucks to keep the status quo, is calling for war. The status quo can not remain the same. Look if by 2015 the status quo, if it remain the same. Jonathan Goodluck will not return back to power. and sambo too will have to pack their load and leave govt. Please quote me on this. It will be so bloodly. That even God will nearly weep. you have to understand nigeria to understand what I am saying.

So there is a need to change the status. The Western Niger have clearly stated. They do want a change in status quo. And if it will mean to remove Jonathan Goodluck from power to make change. That is what it is going to be. If not you leave the nation into violent.

How can you explain to the nigeria army this. that oyo state with 20 times the population bayelsa state must produce the same number of members of the army. You are calling for war and war is what you will get.

I think it is the lack of knowledge of the leaders of Nigeria , they assume that it was the same generation of IBB or Obasanjo that they are dealing. They make me laugh, when they use the name of IBB to scare a generation that are ready to murder even IBB and his children if they get a hold of IBB children, I laugh most of the time. I dont think this politician know those they are dealing with.

there are more than 100 cell of Buccaneers in nigeria, there are more than 100 cell of eiye in nigeria, there are more than 100 cell of the Brotherhood of the Blood, Second Son of Satan , Night Cadet, Sonmen, Mgba Mgba Brothers, Temple of Eden, Trojan Horse, Jurists, White Bishops, Gentlemen Clubs, Fame, Executioners, Dreaded Friend of Friends, Eagle Club, Black Scorpion, Red Sea Horse, Fraternity of Friends, The Klansmen Konfraternity,

It is better they break up Nigeria , so that there will be no bloodly on the street. many people have already been killed.

Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by musiwa43: 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2012
i know it is hard for some people to understand. think that the western niger will suffer. they are wrong. here are pictures before independent of the Western Niger.

Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by ektbear: 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2012
I am glad that more discussion about Nigeria dissolving is appearing in the media.

Perhaps a UN-supervised referendum is achievable.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by cfours: 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2012
how are we sure things won't get 10x worse if Nigeria disintegrates?

we should start slowly by going back to regionalism and then break away from there. Otherwise, things are going to be very chaotic like Sudan and South Sudan are right now.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by SamIkenna: 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2012
ndu_chucks thanks for your response. I can understand why its easy to get misunderstood by friends and foes on the other end, in fact its more reson why dialogue is very essential. When it comes to solutions to our problems I dont pretend to know it all. In fact I'm not sure I have a better solution than most folks but what I do know is that our future isn't bright with the current Nigerian structure. I know you've always been aware of what I wrote above so its no news to you that we are screwed. Believe me, I would want Nigeria to work, I wish it would work, if Nigeria shows any sign of life today I would be the first the person to throw a thanks-giving mass for it. ndu my brother, I understand our leaders are in cahoots with the system but we the youths are not entirely powerless.

We saw what facebook did in Egypt, nairaland and other social media can gradually build up momentum for Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw and other freedom loving regions to start negotiating. Understand that this is just one of thousands of ideas so any other ideas are very much welcome. I believe in the decency of our peoples so lets 4get all the internet gra gra b/w East and West. Any, and I mean if at all there is any, war between Yoruba and Igbo I can tell you its going to be like a journey from the earth to the stars, no body will live to see it because it aint happening. So my thinking is - since we know we will never war war cant we jaw jaw?

Boko Haram has been added into the already combustive mixture therefore, it will be a great injustice and disservice to our children if we hand over a country where Boko reigns supreme to them. We have to do something even if it means signing a deal with the devil provided that that devil is more benign than what we have now. How can we live in a nation that stretches from Bonny swamp to the semi arid Maiduguri yet we tell the person from Bonny not to cross Plateau or Benue but the person from Maiduguri is free to walk the length and breath of the nation, we might as well tell the Bonny indigene to draw his border in Benue.

I believe we've had enough. Each time we take a little bit of nonsense they tell us its fine, don't worry, adjust, better still stay in your hometown because you know this place and that place is religious hot spot, we keep taking it and the people that give us the little Little nonsense never stop. As soon as we find a way to deal with the new nonsense there comes a newer one.

Nigeria is racing down hill in a breath-taking speed and it will crush many of us if we don't at least put some pressure on our leaders to start talking to eachother. In the event of a sudden break-up many ethnic groups will be shooting at eachother for land and resources, but if we start having some kind of conversation now we will succeed in either stopping Nigeria from going down Hill or, in a worst case scenario, preventing ethnic massacre that will ensue as a result of flash land grabs.

Anyway, ndu_chuks my brother, we all are needed in this critical stage. I understand your Ideas and I like them. Any idea is better than nothing. While it may seem like we all are spending time online talking bla bla bla, the truth is we are narrowing our options and agreeing where it is possible. Lets keep it up, I know some poeple derive joy in insulting others, who knows maybe that's what sees them through this Boko times. However, I urge the bigger and better heads here to start throwing up good ideas on how to get ourselves out of the woods.  No matter how you twist and turn it we really need eachother now more than ever. All the secular and freedom loving regions of Nigeria need to band together in some way and those of us that believe in it will keep pushing for it.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Onlytruth(m): 12:30am On Jan 29, 2012
^^

Thanks Sam_Ikenna my brother. I like all your ideas. I have to warn you though: ndu_chucks is a Hausa/Fulani dude going by Igbo username on nairaland. He is also a die hard One Nigerianist. For all I know, he is gathering information to use against your ideas in his next post! haha.  cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by cap28: 12:46am On Jan 29, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Mr cap28 you wrote: Sam Ikenna - you sound very naive - nigeria is a creation of western colonialists who are still pulling the strings to date. If the northerners see themselves as born to rule its because they were elevated to that position by britain who falsified the census figures in 1959 in order to ensure that they would always have a majority in the house of representatives and remain at the helm of affairs indefinitely. As you can see that has been very successful as they have been in power for approximately 41 years out of 51 years of our independence. The so called southerners who have been allowed to lead nigeria have never served the interests of their fellow southerners but have instead served the interests of the tiny elite group who have destroyed nigeria.

Mr[b] cap28[/b] you know what, I might have as well bolded all your piece because quite frankly you contradicted yourself greatly by writing this piece above and still have the gumption to call me naive. Lets break it down piece by piece.

In your first bolded you stated - If the northerners see themselves as born to rule its because they were elevated to that position by britain who falsified the census figures in 1959 in order to ensure that they would always have a majority in the house of representatives and remain at the helm of affairs indefinitely. As you can see that has been very successful as they have been in power for approximately 41 years out of 51 years of our independence. The so called southerners who have been allowed to lead nigeria have never served the interests of their fellow southerners but have instead served the interests of the tiny elite group who have destroyed nigeria.

And my response to the above is yes sir you are right.

In the second and third bolded you said - when you people talk about splitting the country i just laugh - you cant split the country without the consent of the people who created you in the first place - this is why biafra failed because Ojukwu sought to break out of the neo colonial cage built for nigerians by britain - the only time you can break free is when you become MILITARILY POWERFUL ENOUGH TO DICTATE THE TUNE TO THE PEOPLE WHO STILL HAVE THEIR FEET ON YOUR NECK.

Now this is where we differ. Yes its going to be difficult splitting this nation because of reasons you enumerated above but after 50 yrs of a nation without nationhood I'm I still indebted to the interest of Britain? If you say yes then I ask you when shall I be free sir? In 100 yrs, 200, when? If you say no, which means I'm free to roll then why cant I look for partners that share my views and form a coalition that will build enough capacity to take down this sinking ship? Is it not what I've been saying all along? I have consistently canvassed for East, West, Middle belt coalition that will bring either SNC, Regionalization, or outright disintegration for the future and peace of our children and one cant be too naive for that.

I already answered your question - you cant be free from the nigerian elitists or the western colonialists unless you can defeat them militarily-  YOU ARE TRAPPED IN A NEO COLONIAL NIGHTMARE THAT WILL NEVER END UNTIL THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE RISE UP IN UNISON AND OVERTHROW THE NEO COLONIAL AGENTS AND OPPRESSORS.

you have to understand that what you are advocating ie good governance, good standard of living, access to employment, decent standard of education and healthcare is at odds with the objective of the neo colonial agents - cant you see what they are currently doing in nigeria - why did Goodluck Jonathan allow Christine Lagarde of the IMF to order him to increase the price of petrol - why did he follow her order?

The good things of life WILL NEVER BE DELIVERED TO YOU by this govt or any other western sponsored govt for that matter - because all of those things clash with the objectives of the western powers and their nigerian partners in crime.  What they want for africa is poverty, war, death, destruction and disease and that is why they continue to impose economic policies on africa that cause all those things. They also go out of their way to place in power africna leaders who will create all of those things in africa.

In order to free  yourself you have to first of all defeat the black colonialists (the nigerian elite) and then their masters -europe and america - biafra tried and failed so what makes you think that various breakaway ethnic groups will succeed where biafra failed?

Remember how NATO assisted their puppets in Libya? remember how they bombed and killed libyans from the sky while their puppets massacred people on the ground?

If the europeans and americans could do that in Libya - imagine what they would do to black africans - and if you think the world will intervene think again because their media will not carry the story.

Remember what happened in ivory coast? Do you remember what happened when the people tried to insist on Gbagbo as their president rather than the IMF puppet Ouattara - didnt France drop bombs on the ivorien people, didnt they fire missiles on the presidential palace killing thousands of innocent unarmed youths who formed a human chain outside the presidential palace ? You dont know who you are dealing with.  the reason i describe you as naive is because you have no grasp of the level of evil that you are confronted with.

Do you think Britain will let you walk away and form your own country just like that?

if they were willing to allow 3 million biafrans die just because of they needed to retain control over the oil reserves in the south (using their northern puppets) do you seriously think they will allow you to walk away and create an independent state outside their sphere of dominance and control?

In your fourth bolded mr cap28 you wrote "As it stands now the nigerian elite (both northern and southern elitists) are running nigeria on behalf of the same people who created the contraption in the first place.
Therefore you can not expect that you can break out of this bondage without coming into direct confrontation with these people."

I respond to the quote above by asking you - what should we do? Should we sit down and wait until the "creators of this bondage" give us a-go-ahead before we commence? Do you mean a slave should not fight but remain a slave until the MASSA says YOU GO BOY! Hey pal, I'm not that kind of slave. I'm the type that gives the MASSA hell until he either kills me or I screw him upside down. You have me as your slave you better be ready because I will never slumber on my plot to have your farm burnt down and all other slaves escape. Nigeria has all of us as slaves in a nation thats suppose to be our country therefore its up to us to find ways to end it. If you think involving all your kins men in the fight is the way out, if you think involving US is better or maybe getting support from Isreal, if you belief forming coaling both online and offline is ideal, if you subscribe to SNC, Biafra, Odua, ND repbulic, Arewa, whatever you belive that will bring peace and secure future to our children, I say to you what Dr M. Luther King said to his people - if you can walk, walk; if you can run, run; but by all means keep moving.

you dont get it - you cant give "massa" hell because you have no military might - this was the catastrophic blunder that Ojukwu made during the Biafran war - how can you fight a war without arms? - its ridiculous.

Secondly - division along ethnic and religious lines will only place you in a more vulnerable position as your enemy (europe and america ) can easily arm one ethnic group and get them to fight and kill you - they used this tactic very effectively against the igbos  during the civil war.  

The only way that i beleive will be effective in the long run is for a grass roots revolutionary movement to begin to organise and gain military training - this movement should be made up of nigerians from all over the country - the objective shoudl be to remove the black colonialists and form a revolutionary government which represents the interests of every nigerian anything short of that is doomed to fail

In conclusion I'll say this, its obvious many of us believe this nation is jerked up big time. We are many hence numerous opinions. Lets not demonize or insult eachother because our opinion differs on how to solve our problem. If you find anything insulting to your person in my above piece pls do notify me. cap28 and ndu_chuks we all can agree to disagree and its very reassuring that we all share the view that Nigerians need to have peace and secure future. We all know too well that that peace and future will keep eluding us so long as we keep doing the same thing we've doing for the last 50 yrs. You need a break and so do I, if this break comes in the form of Arewa, Ekiti republic, Isoko republic, Ogoni repub then so be it. Its true there are good stuff that come from being a big nation but what good is that to those murdered in Madalla blast, Berom-Fulani clash, recent Kano mayhem- tell me what good is that to them. Dont you think they would have prefered Ogoni republic to instant roasting they got on Christmas day? Lets not be passive guys, folks are dying horrible deaths in Nigeria simply because we are not one. If we were really one I wouldnt have my people roast other people in the name of Ohaneze, Afenifere, or Egbesu just as I wouldnt have my people sent home smelling like roasted chicken.

Time for blame game is over, we need smart heads from all parts of Lower Nigeria (SW,SE,SS,MB) to dialogue on equal footing. Lets find a lasting solution to this 50 yr disease. When we finally let the core north have its country then we can decide what to do with ours. Yoruba dsliking Igbo or Igbo disliking Yoruba is not enough to keep our children in this hell-bound nation. Even the bible says - can two work together if they are not in agreement? Good! at least we in agreement. We agree Nigeria is heavy on our necks and we need a break so why not work together, when we get our result we can then say bye to eachother

Your heart is in the right place but you need to appreciate that the situation is not as easy as it appears on the surface.  In order to resolve our problems we have to know who our enemy is.
The enemy are the nigerian elites as well as europe and america.  The nigerian elites are the front men for an even bigger set of criminals - in the final analysis our leaders are small fry compared to their european and american puppet masters.

This is not a hausa versus igbo or hausa versus yoruba issue - this is an elite versus masses issue - uproot the foundation of white neo colonialism and the structures built upon it will also collapse
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by SamIkenna: 2:27am On Jan 29, 2012
Mr cap28 thanks a lot for your contribution, I see you believe in searching for a very effective solution just like most of us. Your approach would have been fantastic if 1966 coup led by Nzeogwu didnt take place, unfortunately it did and it gave us a blody war that took my Nigerian lives. People will always see grass root revolution from ethnic lenses depending on which ethnic group has their man as the president, thats why I have my reservations for that approach. But if you believe in it pls by every means keep hammering it until it draws enough following which will help build a huge capacity for a final showdown with the powers that be. For me I will invest my energy in bringing together the leadership of diverse groups with common interest with a view to forming a strong coalition that will be able to demand the simplest of God's gifts - freedom (if that freedom comes as Odua, Arewa, Biafra, Isoko repub then so be it). By the way, when I say "leadership of diverse groups" I dont mean political crooks in Abuja, those people in Abuja are in bed with The Man so bringing them into any coalition is suicide, they will rat you out and deliver you to the devil.

Onlytruth my brother, I'm not Aguyi Ironsi. ndu_chuks was fair to me so I will be fair to him, in fact even if he wasnt fair to me I'll still be fair to him but that doesn't in anyway mean I'm blind or dumb.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by musiwa43: 10:49am On Jan 29, 2012
cap28, is the white man ruling Nigeria. No. Are white people ministers who steal from national budget. NO. Are white people the corrupt nigerian who steal billion each years. NO,

You blame the white man for everything. The issue is the international community is trying to prevent another bloodly civil war. And your leaders are selfish, think about how they will rule for 4 years because they collect bribe and they dont want their bribe to stop.

Is david mark a white man too. NO. Do you want to tell me, that anyone voted your senators to power. You know and I know that senators rig election. If you look at the satellite pictures of benue state. senators got more vote that what is there. Is that white man who did that too.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by musiwa43: 10:57am On Jan 29, 2012
is the white man the one who is the one discrminating against edo,delta and yoruba people. NO.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by nduchucks: 3:21pm On Jan 29, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

People will always see grass root revolution from ethnic lenses depending on which ethnic group has their man as the president, thats why I have my reservations for that approach. [/b]But if you believe in it pls by every means keep hammering it until it draws enough following which will help build a huge capacity for a final showdown with the powers that be.

[b]For me I will invest my energy in bringing together the leadership of diverse groups with common interest with a view to forming a strong coalition that will be able to demand the simplest of God's gifts - freedom (if that freedom comes as Odua, Arewa, Biafra, Isoko repub then so be it).
  By the way, when I say "leadership of diverse groups" I dont mean political crooks in Abuja, those people in Abuja are in bed with The Man so bringing them into any coalition is suicide, they will rat you out and deliver you to the devil.

Sam_Ikenna, the bolded in blue above is the reason why recent protests against subsidy removal did not evolve into the kind of grassroots effort Cap28 was talking about. We had an excellent opportunity to demand and obtain major concessions from the government but ethnic loyalty thwarted that effort. Your idea in green above would be an excellent solution if implemented. I am very skeptical about its implementation because I believe the Abuja  powers will again thwart such efforts unless you have a strong organization working outside of the country.

We may just have to get in bed with the devil in order to enjoy certain amount of security, even if its just temporarily. It has become very obvious that our government organizations - Army, SSS, Police, are grossly incompetent and cannot protect us from recent security challenges.

Sam_Ikenna, I'd be delighted to have people like you in a conference to discuss the future of this country. On the other hand, any conference, sovereign or not, which is arranged by the current crop of leaders, would have failed even before it started.

Sam_Ikenna:

Onlytruth my brother, I'm not Aguyi Ironsi. ndu_chuks was fair to me so I will be fair to him, in fact even if he wasnt fair to me I'll still be fair to him but that doesn't in anyway mean I'm blind or dumb.

You shouldn't be surprised by Onlytruth's comments.  A person who read all your posts and mine and chose that his most important contribution to the dialogue is to point out what he believes is the ethnic makeup of the contributors,  must not be very bright.

@musiwa, does the term vicarious governing ring a bell?
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by cap28: 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2012
musiwa,,.:

cap28, is the white man ruling Nigeria. No. Are white people ministers who steal from national budget. NO. Are white people the corrupt nigerian who steal billion each years. NO,

You blame the white man for everything. The issue is the international community is trying to prevent another bloodly civil war. And your leaders are selfish, think about how they will rule for 4 years because they collect bribe and they dont want their bribe to stop.

Is david mark a white man too. NO. Do you want to tell me, that anyone voted your senators to power. You know and I know that senators rig election. If you look at the satellite pictures of benue state. senators got more vote that what is there. Is that white man who did that too.

The white man is ruling nigeria indirectly - he controls your economic policies through the IMF and the World bank, he arms and backs corrupt criminals like Goodluck Jonathan and donates millions of dollars towards PDP campaign funds in order to ensure you remain under the governance of a puppet govt.

the western international banks stole millions and are still stealing millions from nigeria by way of inflated intrest rates on loans which were given to their nigerian collaborators. 

they are rap.ing and pillaging your economy by making their nigerian collaborators sell off valuable govt owned assets to their multinationals.  they are coming into njigeria and using impoverished nigerians for cheap labour while making millions of dollars in tax free profits.

the international community = NATO - NATO is the military arm of a criminal european and american mafia organisation that invades, destroys and occupies weaker resource rich nations like nigeria, they've done it to libya and ivory coast and nigeria is next.

the entire corrupt system of nigeria has only been made possible because the western powers have armed, funded and assisted them into power, - nigerian corruption is a symptom of neo colonial oppression not the cause.
Re: Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2012
I'm begging and calling on all those who love their people not to let Nigeria divide. Instead, let's have an SNC that gives 100% resource control with taxes paid to the center, and let's have everyone govern themselves under one union cry cry cry

Please don't partition the nation!

Look, I have the solution the northern extremism. A simple 3 years propaganda that I cooked up will help solve the problem of northern extremist and in the long run will eliminate the problem forever.

A simple 3 years propaganda please, JONATHAN angry angry angry angry

Your people can't drink oil Jonathan, The rivers are polluted, let us have a workable system, Let us have our own sacred THINK HOUSE, LET US TRY SOCIAL ENGINEERING please, THERE, WE WILL ENGINEER THE BEST IN US ALL,

PLEASE IT'S A VIABLE 3 YEARS PROPAGANDA AS LONG AS IT IS ALLOWED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana or Nigeria? see a Ghanaian's reaction / Inibehe Effiong: Count Senator Akpabio Out Of Your Phantom Assassination Plot / Yahaya Bello: There Are Saboteurs In Buhari's Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.