Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? (12701 Views)

Ladies, Will You Go This Far Just To Secure Your Relationship? [PIC] / Where Is Your Relationship Headed? Tell Yourself The Truth!!! / The Reacher And The Settler. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
I just finished watching How I Met Your Mother and they had an interesting topic/sub-plot. According to them For the two people who make up every relationship, there is "The Reacher" and "The Settler".
The Reacher: the person who reaches for someone out of their league/class
The Settler: the person who settles for some one below their league/class
"The settler is never jealous of the reacher," one of the character says "Where is the reacher gonna go?"
do you believe this is true??
which one are you in your relationship?
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by slimyem: 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2012
none!!
All these movie nonsense sef, cheesy!
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2012
is that possible?? Or you are not in a relationship?? Abi you are the reacher and dont want to admit. undecided
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 3:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
i dont get you guys, its not just the movie, i mean, its applicable in most relationships, one of the couple is always considered the lucky one or the better one. Only in rare cases are the statuses equal. Innit??
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by slimyem: 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2012
Flashaldrin:

is that possible?? Or you are not in a relationship?? Abi you are the reacher and dont want to admit. undecided
i admit i'm the reaching settler.
That does it for you?

1 Like

Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^^ lolz, okk, if you think thats possible.

Thank the mods for sanitizing the thread. cheesy
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by iice(f): 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
Barney's many nuggets grin
For the most part applicable. Men tend to be reachers and women the settlers.
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 6:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
If you are not MATURED enough, don't watch movies simple
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
lol
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2012
Bro, this is not a laughing matter oooo
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mynd_44:

If you are not MATURED enough, don't watch movies simple
correction: The word 'mature' when being used as an adjective cannot be used in the past tense, so if you are not MATURE enough with the english languge, then dont bother replying in my thread.
iice:

Barney's many nuggets grin  
For the most part applicable.  Men tend to be reachers and women the settlers.

lol yea, i tend to agree, although in some situations the reverse might be the case.
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2012
Are you done ranting?
Flashaldrin:

sorry the word 'mature' cannot be used as a verb, it can only be used as a noun or as an adjective qualifying a noun and thus cannot be used in the past tense, so if you are not MATURE enough with the english languge, then dont bother replying in my thread.lol yea, i tend to agree, although in some situations the reverse might be the case.

1 Like

Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:54pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mynd_44:

Are you done ranting?
ok, thanks for dropping your opinion. Next!!
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by chibaby5(f): 7:58pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Topic

Its actually true when u look at most Rships. I mean u either feel u can do better or u hit the jackpot. Its arguably rare to see two people of the same rate in a Rship; whether social class, age, beauty/handsome, etc.

Nwayz I find I'm the 'Settler' in ds context  smiley
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2012
chi-baby:

@Topic

Its actually true when u look at most Rships. I mean u either feel u can do better or u hit the jackpot. Its arguably rare to see two people of the same rate in a Rship; whether social class, age, beauty/handsome, etc.

Nwayz I find I'm the 'Settler' in ds context  smiley
wow, thank you, thank you! Lol why do you think you are the settler??
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by chibaby5(f): 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2012
Y'll grow up. Dnt wanna b getting notifications and in opening them its rants  undecided. #Justsaying
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by chibaby5(f): 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2012
Flashaldrin:

wow, thank you, thank you! Lol why do you think you are the settler??

Well ur definition of 'Settler' explains why, I guess
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2012
chi-baby:

Well ur definition of 'Settler' explains why, I guess
ok, well girls always thinks they are the settlers, still waiting for the first babe to agree being a reacher.
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by chibaby5(f): 8:28pm On Jan 26, 2012
Flashaldrin:

ok, well girls always thinks they are the settlers, still waiting for the first babe to agree being a reacher.

Not jus a thought. Dats wat usually happens. Think about it, only a guy head ova heels wud settle for sum any girl and we knw love lyk dat at ds present age is very limited.  

Higher percentage of women wud date a guy 100times less priviledged than them but only a few guys wud, if atall any  undecided
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
chi-baby:

Not jus a thought. Dats wat usually happens. Think about it, only a guy head ova heels wud settle for sum any girl and we knw love lyk dat at ds present age is very limited.

Higher percentage of women wud date a guy 100times less priviledged than them but only a few guys wud, if atall any undecided
yea, thats true. But according to the theory, its the reacher that normally gets jealous, how come then most women get jealous?? If they are settlers. undecided
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by chibaby5(f): 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2012
Flashaldrin:

yea, thats true. But according to the theory, its the reacher that normally gets jealous, how come then most women get jealous?? If they are settlers. undecided

Hahahahh well if most women get jealous, I can say ALL men get jealous. Duhhh dats why they are reachers. Theyy think da girl wud leave em for a guy much suitable lool  grin
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2012
chi-baby:

Hahahahh well if most women get jealous, I can say ALL men get jealous. Duhhh dats why they are reachers. Theyy think da girl wud leave em for a guy much suitable lool grin
well, but its the guys that always cheats, remember the reacher has nowhere to go so no need for jealousy, but the settler has so many options. Innit??
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^sorry man, forget i said anything ok??

Thank you very much jaybee!
Next!!!
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2012
Interesting
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by freecocoa(f): 10:22pm On Jan 26, 2012
Baby you tell me which I am.

Mynd_44,instead of you to say thanks to flash for schooling you on that word,you are busy forming,mscheew.
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
Lol, heartbeat, none of the above. Our biochemistry matches perfectly remember?? We are the exception!
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by freecocoa(f): 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2012
Flashaldrin:

Lol, heartbeat, none of the above. Our biochemistry matches perfectly remember?? We are the exception!
Flashaldrin:

I know papi,just wanted to make sure we are on the same page. wink
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Chnges(m): 7:31am On Jan 27, 2012
I am no reacher nor settler, I am a destroyer ;( ;(

1 Like

Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Wislet(f): 8:29am On Jan 27, 2012
undecided undecided angry
sigh
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Tosinville(m): 8:52am On Jan 27, 2012
Crap!
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 9:12am On Jan 27, 2012
The way i see it, most guys saying crap and hissing are reachers!! cheesy cheesy but would rather not admit!
Re: Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? by Claus(m): 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
Nice topic, but the whole idea about settlers is a misconception.

Why settle if you truly believe you can do better (based on whatever criteria you want to use)?

Simply put, "settling" is just another word for "REALITY CHECK"!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am I The Hottest Girl on Nairaland? Rate My Pics / Busty Nigerian Lady Posts Pictures Of Her Nudes On Twitter / This Picture Was Organized By The Japanese Neurologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.