Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? (8253 Views)

Poll: What Should She Do?

Abort: 50% (14 votes)
Don't Abort: 50% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / Having One Last Fling Before Marrying Him - Why It's A Bad Idea / My Stepfather Is Sleeping Wit Our Housemaid; Shud I Take ‘Bribe’ Or Tell My Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Cuddlemii: 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
For the sake of privacy, I will give my friend the name Tomato for this thread.

Tomato met Onions on Facebook and they got very close and fond of each other. Tomato and Onions live in separate countries. They are matured, comfortable and pretty much happy people.

Onions processed all her traveling documents and she got a visiting visa to the UK. She was meant to spend a week with him but I think they enjoyed each other so much that she ended up spending 2 weeks there. She was in her safe period or so she thought when she made the trip. They had regular sex without protection probably because of trust & likeness or it’s very likely they used protection the first day but decided to throw caution to the wind after they were used to each other or must have conducted a test or something; I mean blood test is quite cheap and fast. Its also likely she used expired contraceptives (sorry for all these assumptions, I am just trying to figure out how a baby found its way in there).

Anyways she told me she enjoyed her trip, the guy took very good care of her, he shopped for clothes for her, he took her places and she met most of his friends. She said she didn’t want to leave because she was having the best time of her life (the evidence was there when she returned).

Sadly, the vacation came to a halt after 2 weeks. He saw her off to the airport and waited till she boarded her flight. He slipped money in an envelope into her hands but she gave it back to him because he meant more than that to her(I felt it was a test to see the kind of lady she was or something, only God knows).

She has been back to her base for 2 months now. She was falling ill and couldn’t do her normal activities so she was rushed to the clinic. The test result shows she is 2 months pregnant. Onions and she didn’t define their relationship; it was more of a fling.

Abortion is legalized here and very safe. Should she remove the baby? Should she tell Onions? Should she let him decide the next move? She doesn’t want to seem like she is tying him down as she is an independent lady. Remember she told him she was in her safe period, won’t he think the baby is not his and how does she explain finding out 2 months after? I mean didn’t she not noticed she had missed her period except of course the theory that you can be pregnant while menstruating is true.

They talk regularly, I think he is meant to come and visit her during summer. But he has not expressed his intentions towards her, though he acts the boyfriend role but what if he doesn’t want commitments. She was just enjoying the role he was playing pending when she meets her future hubby or Onions becomes her future hubby naturally or mutually without force or circumstances beyond their control. She was comfortable with what they had, she never acted like she wanted more because when we (her girlfriends) queried her, she would just reply that what they have is better than being single and things would sort itself out,   

I was at her place yesterday and couldn’t come up with any solid advice for her. The doctors said she can do an abortion now at the early stage. So what should she do? If I was the one I will tell him O, the guy is fine, comfortable, classy, intelligent and not married. But she is from a polygamous home with a lot of nasty experiences so she doesn’t want any shortcuts that would ruin her in future. What should she do? Or is it possible she got pregnant on purpose? I don't still get how a lady wont know she is months gone. What if the guy denies the baby?

(PLEASE NO INSULTS, LETS ADDRESS IT MATURELY. I HAD TO GATHER ENOUGH LIVER TO POST THIS TOPIC BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO ADVICE WRONGLY & ABORTION IS A SERIOUS SIN BUT ?, BEFORE GOD & MAN, THE STORY IS REAL).
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by bekay911(f): 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2012
Onions and tomato haba so confusing. Moreover me think say na u get d belle.
As for me abortion is nt an option wateva d situation.

1 Like

Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by deniyor: 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2012
Congratulations
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by chillaz(f): 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
If you abort that innocent baby, thunder fire U! angry undecided
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Cuddlemii: 10:13pm On Jan 28, 2012
bekay911:

Onions and tomato haba so confusing. Moreover me think say na u get d belle.
As for me abortion is nt an option wateva d situation.

deniyor:

Congratulations

I have changed the title to "her". No be my portion in this manner. @bekay, so what should she do then how does she tell a guy she had a fling with that she is pregnant with his baby.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by jenny2007(f): 10:13pm On Jan 28, 2012
Abortion is a terrible experience. Why not hold on first and tell the supposed father of the baby. His response will tell her whether to go ahead with this decision or not. She will also see his true colors. YoUr friend too is to blame because she and her guy do not actually communicate properly. A healthy relationship is based hugely on communication. If they both knew where they stand in each other's lifes then there would not be confusion as to whether top keep the baby or not.

1 Like

Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by carfreak: 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2012
Abortion for me, is not a crime. But it becomes one when both parties are not involved in the decision making process. I believe in truth and honesty at all times hence my advice to the lady is to simply tell the guy the truth and let him decide. U will see i said him in this case. Yep, because he felt it was safe and wasnt expecting this, so the lady owes him.

If he says nope, I dont want it,  well there's ur answer. But in telling him, care must be taken by the lady to profusely apologise and let him understand that this was not a ploy to trap him which is why she will do anything he says because, if he suspects it was, GAME OVER FINALLY. If he believes it wasn't a ploy, there's hope, she may not need to abort and it may end up like the fairy tales. Its not impossible that she got pregnant on purpose bt do u think she would ask for advice if she did? She'd already know what she wants to do.

SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE THE BABY IF THE MAN SAYS NOOOOOOO,
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2012
I'll never ever support abortion, except it's in a life or death situation! I suggest she stops being a coward, and tell the guy! They were st[i]u[/i]pid enough not to use protection, the result is pregnancy, and now a baby should pay for such stupidity and carelessness? Because abortion is legalized and safe doesnt mean people should not value life! Smh!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Ranoscky(m): 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2012
Did u say she is 'matured' ? . .If yes, then she should pls, pls and please be matured enough to allow that baby into this world. And pls, ask her to leave abortion out of the issue. On the other hand, tomato should tell it to onion, cos both of them are the co-joined ingredients that made up the stew [baby].
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2012
ABORT ABORT ABORT!!!!!!!
she doesnt know this stranger, was fooolish enough to spread her legs unprotected, now she should NOT make another mistake.
she should tell the guy about it, ABORT, then get to know this guy better (no LDR) then, if down the line they really are fond of one another, they should possibly move together (or get married) and have that baby. . . . . . . .but only if they both decide that this is what they want.

getting married to a stranger (or having a baby by him) is not only wrong but a sure way to fail!!!!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by mamalola19: 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2012
Ranoscky:

Did u say she is 'matured' ? . .If yes, then she should pls, pls and please be matured enough to allow that baby into this world. And pls, ask her to leave abortion out of the issue. On the other hand, tomato should tell it to onion, cos both of them are the co-joined ingredients that made up the stew [baby].

oh my ribs. u made my sat grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by carbon1224(m): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2012
Tell her to tell d guy and let fate determine tHe future.I know d guy will want her.no abortion pls.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Acidosis(m): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2012
abortion is not 100% safe
it is a sin
you can only kill the body but you cant kill the soul.
EVEN IF ONION DENY/REJECT THE PREGNANCY, LET THE CHILD LIVE!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by sweetcocoa(f): 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2012
Cuddle you na character,so of all things to use as name na tomato and onions you choose,wonderful.

Hmm,the matter serious gan but me thinks she should tell him,after all its his baby planned or not,whatever he says will give her a clue of what next,I don't fancy abortion but she's in the best place to know what she wants therefore she should think it through and decide. btw next time tomato shouldn't try frying itself and onions without groundnut oil when its not ready for what may follow.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by mamalola19: 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2012
op so u r a tomoato grin
tell onion first before disposing stew into the garbage. next time use olive oil to cook, its healther grin grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by 25omega(m): 10:51pm On Jan 28, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

ABORT ABORT ABORT!!!!!!!
she doesnt know this stranger, was fooolish enough to spread her legs unprotected, now she should NOT make another mistake.
she should tell the guy about it, ABORT, then get to know this guy better (no LDR) then, if down the line they really are fond of one another, they should possibly move together (or get married) and have that baby. . . . . . . .but only if they both decide that this is what they want.

getting married to a stranger (or having a baby by him) is not only wrong but a sure way to fail!!!!
and they wonder why sti's are so rampant
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by seedord247(m): 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2012
If tomato + onions = cuddlemii

find the value of cuddlemii. . . . .

using pemdas formula . . . . .

First: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Second: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Third: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Fourth: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Fifth: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Sixth: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Seventh: She better keep the baby, May your soul burn in hell FOREVER if you Murder your baby. Things will work out.

Eighth: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Nineth: Do not abort beeeaaacccchhhh

Tenth: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant.

Cuddlemmi = Adviser. tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2012
25omega:

and they wonder why sti's are so rampant

or why so many single mothers are all around us.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
seedord247:

If tomato + onions = cuddlemii

find the value of cuddlemii. . . . .

using pemdas formula . . . . .

First: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Second: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Third: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Fourth: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Fifth: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Sixth: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Seventh: She better keep the baby, May your soul burn in hell FOREVER if you Murder your baby. Things will work out.

Eighth: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant

Nineth: Do not abort beeeaaacccchhhh

Tenth: She should have thought about that before you got pregnant.

Cuddlemmi = Adviser. tongue lipsrsealed

Lmao, this is crazzzzzzyyyyy,

@op,I think she should just inform the guy about it ; they both made the baby. Her decision can then be based on the outcome of their conversation and whatever suits her.

On a lighter note, did you think stating that this is a true life story would have any effect on the comments of nairalanders?? I think not, lol
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by dealordea(m): 11:14pm On Jan 28, 2012
I read this and really feel for this lady, though it was a fling for both mr onion and mrs tomato but sometimes people seems to forget that, fling sometimes could lead to something hard to sovle! The fun have resulted to a problem for mrs tomato simply because she believe am in my safe period and mr onion knows that too, so believe me Mrs friend of tomoto, no man would ever believe the preg was his because due to what mrs tomato except if the guy was pyschologically wide in reasoning before acting! I wouldn't advice that mrs tomato should go for abortion first, what if the baby was meant to serve some purpose in both mr onion and mrs tomato life, to help them figure out something that its more than fling, thank God they are both matured and pretty single, he should try as much as possible to let the guy know what is happening before taken any further step, preg is not a sin and God may never forgive your friend if something should happen to the unborn baby and abortion will always be a sword mark in peoples heart that have sin by killing a young soul, not only people that kill in broad day light will bear the mark but also the people that abort!, So tell her to make a bold step to let mr onion know what is happening. Just my opinion.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 11:14pm On Jan 28, 2012
Any decisions she makes is strictly up to her.  I understand people are into meeting online and traveling for sex, but AIDS/STD's are real and she should have protected herself.  It would have been better if she kept her legs closed, but I am being realistic knowing not everyone waits until marriage.  

When it all boils down, she is not married and it is her body. She has to live with any decisions she chooses.

If she is religious/spiritual, she need to confer with God and seek the best option from HE.  

Wish her good luck for me.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by claremont(m): 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2012
The least she can do is to inform the guy first, and then they should both agree if they want to keep the baby or abort it. I'm in favour of abortion anyway, and anyone who says abortion is a sin should probably read up on "spontaneous abortions".
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by dealordea(m): 11:19pm On Jan 28, 2012
@claramount! If abortion is not. A sin, then what is it? A gift of life for people to perish innocent soul, if people are not ready, why venture into something they can't handle
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2012
Any decisions she makes is strictly up to her.  I understand people are into meeting online and traveling for sex, but AIDS/STD's are real and she should have protected herself.  It would have been better if she kept her legs closed, but I am being realistic knowing not everyone waits until marriage.  

When it all boils down, she is not married and it is her body.  She has to live with any decisions she chooses.  

If she is religious/spiritual, she need to confer with God and seek the best option from HE.  

Wish her good luck for me.  
And how else is God supposed to "speak" with her? She has a brain and commonsense. Why should she be shy or lazy to use it?
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2012
~Killz~:

And how else is God supposed to "speak" with her? She has a brain and commonsense. Why should she be shy or lazy to use it?

Again, I said if she is RELIGIOUS/SPIRITUAL then she can confer with God.   
Everyone's relationship with or without God is different.  I don't know how HE would speak to her but I am sure she would get more clarity if she seek POSITIVE CONFESSIONS than some suggestions from Nairaland.

Common sense isn't common these days.  Are you saying I should use condoms with my husband?
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by claremont(m): 11:28pm On Jan 28, 2012
deal_ordea:

@claramount! If abortion is not. A sin, then what is it? A gift of life for people to perish innocent soul, if people are not ready, why venture into something they can't handle
Spontaneous abortions do occur in females without any form of human intervention. If abortion is a sin, then who do we say is responsible for the spontaneous abortions?!

This is a simple issue, let's leave religion out of this before it beclouds our rational thinking processes. The parties in question might be Atheists; advising them to pray to god, or not to abort because it is deemed to be a sin, sounds like white noise to someone who doesn't believe in god.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 11:34pm On Jan 28, 2012
Spontaenous Abortion is one thing, Deliberate Abortion is another. . .

You dont need to be an atheist to spot the difference. . . Jeez!

1 Like

Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by mamalola19: 11:37pm On Jan 28, 2012
everything with nig is religion. wetin concern baba Jesus with this matter. if she wants to abort nothing in that as long as she does it at this early stage and everyone moves on. if not that the op brought it up here, no one would ever find out. a lot of pple do these things so wetin big for dt? then those pple insult fling or sleeping with stranger, like serious in this century where adults exist! i dnt see a big deal in that op said they r matured and comfortable. op also said they might have ran a test before sex. i suspect they are destined for themselves. my spirti tells me they might get married, onions would accept the baby for reals
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by dealordea(m): 11:37pm On Jan 28, 2012
@killz, leave the dude
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2012
Everyone's relationship with or without God is different.  I don't know how HE would speak to her but I am sure she would get more clarity if she seek POSITIVE CONFESSIONS than some suggestions from Nairaland.

My question still stands, and WTH is Positive confessions? Are people on Nairaland that dumb that she cant get a positive reply from them?

Whether they are atheists or not is out of the question! They have come to Nairaland where there are non atheists for help! Why the fcck will atheists come to non atheists for help, and then ask non atheists to reply like atheists? That's some serious inconsequential bullshit! If you do not want religious answers, stay the fcck outta a forum predominantly dominated by religious folks, and go look for some gawddam atheist forum and seek help!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by claremont(m): 11:41pm On Jan 28, 2012
~Killz~:

Spontaenous Abortion is one thing, Deliberate Abortion is another. . .

You dont need to be an atheist to spot the difference. . . Jeez!

So you mean it is perfectly okay for spontaneous abortions to occur, but it is a sin for someone to deliberately induce abortions?! In other words, according to your own way of thinking, it is perfectly okay for a foetus to die on its own, than for it to be extinguished in favour of its mother.

I believe everyone can now see the reason why I say religion does make supposedly good people say/do bad things. I rest my case.
grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 28, 2012
@op i wish u a safe delivery, i hope u give birth to a bouncing hermaphrodite, nonsense!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do You Feel Marrying A Woman Who Is Not A Virgin / What Is Your Stripper Name? / Lady Breaks Up With Her Boyfriend For Showing Her Off This Afternoon (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.