Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? (1708 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / MARRIED OR SINGLE: How Do You Know When You've Met Or Are With The Right Person? / I Have Too Many Admirers And I Am Single, How Do I Fit My Time With Them All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2012
I just told my boo how much am being paid. I never tell anyone my salary except while negotiating for more

Is it a bad idea?
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2012
If there is love. No p
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Vicjustice: 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2012
Vikin:

I just told my boo how much am being paid. I never tell anyone my salary except while negotiating for more

Is it a bad idea?

Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Tosinville(m): 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2012
Wife yeah, GF nope!
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by iice(f): 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2012
If you cannot trust your partner, have no intention of blending your lives, then don't tell.
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Goldieluks: 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
Husband--- Yes! kiss
Bf-------------No!  angry
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Cuddlemii: 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
^ I agree with u on that. I am sorry but naija men scare the crap out of me. Its even a very stupid thing for any lady to tell her boyfriend how much she earns. Anytime a lady does that I see her as insecure, trying to show off or trying to buy the guy. Somethings are best kept in your heart. The most stupid women are the ones that change their properties and assets to their hubby or bf's name. I had a friend in school back then that was the only one that knew all her mom's possessions, landed properties and assets. Her dad never knew anything about his wife's acquisition, which was wise as her Dad married another woman & my friend, her bro, sis and mom lived on their mom since then.

For instance, if I was about to purchase something expensive at a store or restaurant or something & a guy I know or a guy that is toasting me or am dating walks in, I will quickly change it to ordinary water or something very cheap and leave or wait for him to leave before I purchase what I initially wanted to purchase. Hahahaha I am sorry but I am so skeptical when it comes to naija men cos I feel they use everything to their advantage. I could tell my hubby a round figure or something close to what I earn but not exactly because its never a bad thing to play safe sometimes. Men also don't tell exactly what they earn to their wives or girlfriend so that they can spend on their other girlfriends or so that their wives/gf do not constantly nag them when they want some certain things they are reluctant to provide. Its just a man's way of curbing extravagance and buoyant expenditure that most ladies are fond of.
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Tosinville(m): 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
gasbag
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Mynd44: 12:57am On Jan 31, 2012
Wife, yes
Girlfriend depends on her mentality
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by doeeyed: 1:05am On Jan 31, 2012
Pls expansiate on the mentality bit.
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Mynd44: 1:37am On Jan 31, 2012
It depends on how she reacts to money. How she spend her own money and how much I trust when it comes to issues regarding money
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 31, 2012
Mynd_44:

It depends on how she reacts to money. How she spend her own money and how much I trust when it comes to issues regarding money
Well well well, i guess i agree with you. but how do you know if he/she is sincere about his/hr reaction to money?

I say this because i had an experience a time ago when my bank send credit alert to my home phone no(unfortunately my dad mobile no.) that he however became the one who tells me when they pay and how to spend the cash.

Now relating this to boyfriends/girlfriends, hmmm, you can never tell when one business that require finance might come up and vis a vis.
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Beync(f): 8:09am On Jan 31, 2012
My frnd told me how much they were going to pay him even before he started the work, how about that? he knows how much i earn too but we never take advantage of each other. everything depends on individual relationship, how open, honest or sincere you find urselvs. it doesnt mean you don't hav ur privacy.
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by Mynd44: 8:32am On Jan 31, 2012
Good for you
Re: Can You Tell Your Partner (married Or Single) How Much You Earn? by AZeD1(m): 9:47am On Jan 31, 2012
Goldieluks:

Husband--- Yes! kiss
Bf-------------No!  angry

Bf's transform to husbands don't they??

(1) (Reply)

In your relationship Who Is More Materialistic? / . / How Can You Help Your Married Ex-girlfriend Who Is Unhappy in Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.