Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye (18146 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Can To Gej "we Will Defend Ourselves" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 01, 2012
I always knew it would come to this
I thought Christianity is a religion of mumu and odes
How person go dey declare war on you and you sit and do nothing
They say the best form of defence is attack
Until christian leaders realise this and give a fire for fire approach in this matter, this inhuman people called MUSLIMS AND ISLAMISTS REPRESENTATIVES called boko haram would continue killing them
I thought is was only Ayo Oritsejafor who have brain among our so called religious leaders
Please make we dey kill ourselves dey go.
Those muslims are all possessed with killer instincts cos their religion leader MUHAMMHED IS ALSO A KILLER
IS THIS A RELIGION? HISS
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Okijajuju1(m): 9:23am On Feb 01, 2012
Ranks007:

Ok tell me what's the commandment of the Lord towards this scenario, if truly it's really a commandment!

Read him verbatim, defend not war against or practical revenge as you vainly see it

Are you even a christian?!

What passage does the bible use to support this act of vengance/self-defence?!

Christians these days sef!! Soon una own go bad pass Boko Haram.
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Are you even a christian?!

What passage does the bible use to support this act of vengance/self-defence?!

Christians these days sef!! Soon una own go bad pass Boko Haram.

No need anwsering questions you already now answers to,

There are two options available the christian way;

1.  It's either any Christian chooses to defend his/herself manually as the constitution dictates in which God won't rage!

OR

2. Follow the matter the bible way,

Now I suppose my disagreement with you is that all bible believing Christians should go the bible way, Yes,  that's correct but outside that all Christians are equally citizens of a particular territory and there's nothing wrong exercising the constitutional rights governing that given territory so far its against enemies of peace!

Its like saying a christian soldier shouldn't kill when ordered to, The constitution is only wrong when its forbids you to practice your Christian faith expressly without hindrance.

God sees it this way:

Seek My face for revenge and protection? - It is not a law

He won't punish you for not going the bible way, but you are on your own, just in case you are ravaged, He will refer to you to what you would have done to archive a fulfilling result.

But while doing so, you must also imbibe the culture of defending yourself which is the message Adeboye preached!

I want to give you a typical example:

In the olden days God fought for the Israelite by His angels where manpower was lacking or direct defeat where manpower was available or confusion is the midst of the enemies camp where faith was expressed in the absence of manpower!

Today: Manpower has developed through Technology; God supports His people through modern day craft, now you don't expect the Israelis to daydream about their protection to be as the days of old where Angels warred for them! NO! or going the Bible way of loving your neighbour as yourself as others want, NO to that too and the same should be to Christians around the world!

To show you how God wants His people protected, He blessed them with immense knowledge of Technology, which in turn they'll use it for advancement and protection!

Don't fault Christianity, it isn't foolishness I beg you, its an expository knowledge to the whims and caprices of devil and his followers!

Now I turn the question to you, are you truly a Christian or a church follower?
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Okijajuju1(m): 3:52pm On Feb 01, 2012
Wow!!

I never thought I would have reason to school a christian like I am about to right now. Anyways, relax, listen and be saved;

Let me throw out a couple of scriptures just to start;

Proverbs 25:21
21  If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, 22   for you will heap lburning coals on his head,

and the Lord will reward you.

The bible just gave an instruction to show love to your enemy. Not send prayers of doom like Oyedepo, not send threats like Adeboye, not arming yourselves like CAN has advised.

Matthew 5:39
39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Romans 12:19 ESV
Beloved, [size=14pt]never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, [/size] for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Marks of the True Christian

9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 11 Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 13 Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. 17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, llive peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 [size=20pt]Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.[/size]

Of all the scriptures, if this last bit does not show you that it is wrong, then we have nothing much to talk about.

May the gods of our forefathers grant you the wisdom to understand this and do what is write before your God. Amen.
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2012
Your idea of Bible is seen from a canal point of view,

I reiterate my statement: You're not a christian,

Okija_juju:

Rom 12:19-20
19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. NIV

I really thank no Man of God talked about revenge but defend, I wonder why you are quoting this scripture!
A true christian doesn't take vengeance.

Okija_juju:

Rom 12:21

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. NIV

Is it evil to defending your life, that of your family members and properties against miscreants, religious fanatics and cannibalistic infested bigots?

Spot the evil there, you're more to me a babalawo - why quote the bible wrongly?

Okija_juju:

Matthew 5:39
39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

If the malus at the north gave me a slap; that will keep alive why not bro as the Holy Book states, but a threat to life it worth fighting for and since the bible hasn't stated that, I will take the part that says, My God is a God of war!

Since you're a Christian go ahead and do what the above says, Good luck
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by numo86(m): 7:28pm On Feb 01, 2012
christians, lets ask ourselves what Jesus will do, the best a christian can do is flee from a danger zone to a safe zone, thats what Jesus did until he was killed, even after Jesus's death and ressurection a similar situation occured , when Jerusalem was under siege by d romans d instruction Jesus gave his followers before it would occur was "flee to d mountains", those who heeded that warning did survive jerusalems destruction in 70 C.E, but those who were holdin on to there possessions & wondering why they had to flee when danger was imminent lost there lives, d truth is if we want to be christlike or followers of christ,then lets sincerely obey him & follow him to d letter, my advice to christians in d north is FLEE to a safe zone until either 9ja is seperated and everytin settles or come stay temporarily in ur various states of origin until d govt calms down d situation, knowingly stayin back to defend 1's self wil surely lead to reprisal attacks and d blood shed wil go on & on, except there is no alternative for d christians there in d north to seek refuge,then they hav to be discreet on how they walk,talk & do things to keep safe, but if there is a way to stay off d north till d weather is clear why not flee, our properties,businesses,monies all mean nothin, what we shuld protect wit our lives is our christian standing & our bible trained consciences, so christians be wise like christ!!!!
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Sweetnecta: 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2012
Even though I agree with the intention to defend. But when shall we see the turn the other cheek, guys?
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Olountoyin: 7:54pm On Feb 01, 2012
Interesting material to read

Who is sending the guns to Nigeria?
By Osae BrownAs Nigerians were on the street protesting over fuel subsidy removal, a British based man was being arraigned in UK over the shipping of 80,000 rifles and pistols and 32 million rounds of ammunition to Nigeria. The shipment included 40,000 AK47 assault rifles, 30,000 rifles and 10,000 9mm pistols.According to a report by the BBC, the man whose name is Gary Hyde, shipped these huge arm cache without receiving permission from the relevant government department in the UK.Gary Hyde was not alone in this deal. It was carried out with his business partner Karl Kleber, a German national based in Germany, the court was told.The pair acted as middle men between two Polish companies acting for the Nigerian buyers and Chinese companies, the court heard, according to the BBC report. Both men received commission payments for the deals totaling around $1.3m (£840,000) or N351 million.The story apparently left several questions unanswered. Who were the Nigerian buyers? Were these guns really delivered to Nigeria eventually?It is also interesting that since this story broke out in the British media, the Nigerian government has not come out with any specific statement on it. Were these weapons imported by the Nigerian government? If they were not imported by the Nigerian government, have they made any efforts to trace the importers of these large numbers of weapons into the country? Thirty two million rounds of ammunition are enough to kill thirty two million Nigerians, assuming each bullet will kill a Nigerian? This may be an exaggeration, but there is no doubt that if there is this amount of guns and ammunition out there outside the control of the government, then every Nigerian has a serious course to be worried at this time.The reputation of Gary Hyde, the man at the centre of the storm shows that Nigerians have to be concerned that he has set his eyes on supplying arms to the country. A report in February 2011, in The Observer in UK shows that Hyde is also facing charges in the US for smuggling arms into the country. The Observer describes him as “Britain’s very own lord of war; an international arms dealer, whose chief currency is the AK-47 assault rifle”The Observer reports that US officials arrested Hyde in connection with the alleged illegal import into the US of almost 6,000 Chinese-produced AK-47 magazines, each capable of holding up to 75 rounds of ammunition.The Observer also quotes a Wiki leaks release of confidential US embassy cables which shows that in 2008 York Guns, where Gary Hyde is a director, tried to ship 130,000 of the assault rifles to Libya. The WikiLeaks revelation shows that Gary Hyde through his company acted as an intermediary between an unidentified Ukrainian arms manufacturer and Libyan officials. “The size of the deal raised eyebrows in diplomatic circles, as Libya has only 70,000 ground-force troops and these would be unlikely to use a weapon as dated as the AK-47. The cable noted that the export licence was rejected because the "UK is concerned that the intention may be to re-export the weapons, particularly to armed rebel factions backed by Khartoum and/or Ndjamena in the Chad/Sudan conflict".Kleber, Gary Hyde’s German partner also has a reputation that does not sit well with the authorities. The Observer reports that “in 2008 the German federal police agency, the BKA, launched an investigation into Kleber to determine whether he had been involved in "the illegal sale of machine guns via Croatia to Iraq". This was in response to allegations that companies linked to Hyde had sold tens of thousands of guns to Ziad Cattan, the former head of military procurement at the Iraq Defence Ministry, without an appropriate arms brokering licence. Cattan fled Iraq after a warrant was issued for his arrest amid allegations that he had siphoned off millions of dollars in corrupt deals.”What emerges from these reports is that the two men now being named in connection with supply of arms to Nigeria should raise serious concerns in Nigeria. Have they supplied some other arms into the country, that the authorities are not aware?The concern becomes even more real considering the fact that at the same time Gary Hyde was being arraigned in UK, the Ghanaian authorities intercepted a truck loaded with arms and ammunitions heading to Nigeria. The ammunitions included pump action rifles and live rounds. These arrests are coming at time the Boko Haram insurgence is getting worse in Northern Nigeria as bombs explode on almost on daily basis and masked men go on killing spree with sophisticated weapons. The activities of Boko Haram, the continuous crisis in Jos is no doubt raising serious concerns and fears of retaliation from other ethnic groups. Could this inflow of arms be linked to ethnic groups arming themselves? Are they arming themselves to defend themselves or to go on the offensive?This is a critical period in Nigeria’s history and all people of goodwill must stand up and douse the rising intention. As I said in my earlier post, the Rwanda trip will be a dangerous place for Nigeria to go. The government must also act and act fast.This is also the time the international community must come to the aid of Nigeria. It is clear that the Nigeria intelligence agencies do not have the capacity to deal with the emerging challenge. They must offer their help at this time. They cannot wait for a Rwandan type crisis to develop before they intervene. China, especially, should caution its business community. This is not the time to fuel the crisis in Nigeria for monetary gains. Nigeria is China’s biggest market in Africa. An unstable Nigeria will not be good for China’s long term economic interest.

Article culled from

http://osae-brown-insights..com/2012/01/who-is-sending-guns-to-nigeria.html
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by merengue: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2012
Correct me if I am wrong but I am yet to see a post insulting God so why all the hoopla? If people criticize another human being (which we all are; men of God or not), why should you call down curses (which are nothing but wasted spittle anyway) on them? If curses worked Nigeria would have been paradise. If curses worked, PHCN would not cut power again, if curses worked, policemen would have stopped collecting "roger" eons ago. If you believe NL is becoming too hot for Men of God, sign out and never visit the site again, nothing is by force(not even heaven).
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by mimiws: 7:42am On Feb 02, 2012
AFTER U DON SEND ALL YOUR FAMILY ABROAD NA IM U DEY YAN DIS ONE ABI ?

Ʊ no well abeg,say sth beta
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by funshom: 8:16am On Jul 26, 2012
[quote author=naijajive]
so he shd take every rccg member to abroad abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? / Questions W.F Kumuyi Must Answer Before Coming To Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.