Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (44985 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by armyofone(m): 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2012
ummm, and we thank God for little mercies.

naijababe:

Very wise words.

@ OP, how can you get a fine educated Yoruba babe with a fashionable mother who's not Ijebu or from Ogun state. You might as well marry the 'ho'  grin grin grin

Dayo, u don change your song o, wetin happen ? shocked

baba agba, negative as always.

Sagamite:

You never look the fact of that out of that 9 wey marry, in this day and age, after 8 years maybe about 4 don divorce. Those 4 are hiring a room in a 3-bed apartment share while still paying for the mortgage of the house they got before marriage and which the now ex-angel-turned-devil is living in because she has been awarded the kids.

They are hanging out with you and you are paying for stuff because they are normally broke after paying alimony since dem no sign prenup. grin

Of the remaining 5 still married, 3/4 are playing wrestling with women outside their marriage as their wives who have not taken care of themselves are hardly appealing. grin

Kai, women must hate me exposing this shikena o.  grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2012
naijababe:

Very wise words.

@ OP, how can you get a fine educated Yoruba babe with a fashionable mother who's not Ijebu or from Ogun state. You might as well marry the 'ho' grin grin grin

Dem don dey 'rust', for house, that is why they are singing a new song.

Now Moremi will soon reach that 'rusting stage' with his marriage mentality.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2012
naijababe:

Which song be that? Na still KWAM1 I dey play o
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2012
ronkebp:

Dem don dey 'rust', for house, that is why they are singing a new song.

Now Moremi will soon reach that 'rusting stage' with his marriage mentality.

This is priceless grin grin grin grin

@ Dayo, Kwam 1 like 50 wives + 100s of under 'g's abi?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 10:20pm On Jan 31, 2012
Only Sagamite (as foolish as he is) has addressed my pressing concerns. The thought of a woman coming to reap where she has not sown bothers me. Except I can find a wife that has her own properties, businesses and assets, then why should I marry a woman unless she signs an iron-clad pre-nup?

Freecocoa rightly observed that I have a big-head. I am pretty warm and easy-going in real life but I have zero tolerance for foolishness and games. If you're not razor sharp, you can't roll with me except as a strict bedroom companion. The woman that will win my heart will try oh! grin

ps - I included "for guys" in the title because the equation is completely different for women. They do have shorter biological clocks than men and lower rewards for devoting their youth to their careers (given income disparities). I don't want to conflate the two groups.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2012
armyofone:

baba agba, negative as always.

You people are not going to put the shackles on me. My babalawo is working times 4 of your babalawo. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2012
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2012
chaircover:

Here we go again. . . .  . my money, my car, my house, my rolex, my Gucci  grin

Some of you will end up lonley old men piling & sleeping with money on your bed with no one to even ask you if your feet are warm enough.

I know of men who have le le too o! or you think that mens market too doesnt go stale? what kind of babe will a 50 year old man pull? A bimbo who is clearly only toleratng you for your money or a woman your age who has tons and tons of baggage. Na excess luggage charge go kill una  tongue grin

Better make hay while the sun shines

You dey mind dem, small time now one of their aunties go begin hawk them from naija to jand to yankee to canada.

All those aunties we go dey pursue 21 yrs everywhere with their 'Ha sisi mi, mo de l'aburo kan to ma fit e o, olowo lowo o de ni ise to da lowo'. SMH!!! After dem don become baba ba mi gbe si tan!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 10:55pm On Jan 31, 2012
moremi2008:

Only Sagamite (as foolish as he is) has addressed my pressing concerns. The thought of a woman coming to reap where she has not sown bothers me. Except I can find a wife that has her own properties, businesses and assets, then why should I marry a woman unless she signs an iron-clad pre-nup?

You are a cretin!

What can you achieve in life with your level of idiocy?

chaircover:

Here we go again. . . .  . my money, my car, my house, my rolex, my Gucci  grin

Some of you will end up lonley old men sleeping with your wads of money & your pet cat on your bed with no one to even ask you if your feet are warm enough. Dem plenti for ASDA with their small shopping baskets containing one onion, one bottle of wine, one loaf of bread, one carrot and one tin of baked beans  grin

I know of men who have le le too o! or you think that mens market too doesnt go stale? what kind of correct all round babe will a 50 year old man pull? A bimbo who is clearly only toleratng you for your money or a woman your age who has tons and tons of baggage. Na excess luggage charge go kill una  tongue grin

Better make hay while the sun shines. I don talk my own

Having a 28 year old bimbo at 50 is more appealing to me than have a shyt head waste my youth only to lay claim to my sweat at 38 and then I start sharing apartment and still single at old age because I lack coins. grin

Except you really worwor or lack coins, there is no way of being single old man.

naijababe:

You dey mind dem, small time now one of their aunties go begin hawk them from naija to jand to yankee to canada.

All dem aunties we go dey pursue 21 yrs everywhere with their 'Ha sisi mi, mo de l'aburo kan to ma fit o, olowo lowo o de ni ise to da lowo'. SMH!!!

That aunty has to be the best love-vendor because I go chop and wipe mouth.

Make the aunty go deal with facing wetin im aburo do. grin

And by the way, when such happens, na usually for some chic desperate to settle down with a responsible man. Not because aburo for London dey hunger. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2012
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 11:03pm On Jan 31, 2012
chaircover:

We know your type o! Hair dying trying to look funky old men at clubs trying to pull babes.

or trying to pick up babes on the road . .  .sisi mi sho fe lift or fine girl where are you going  cool  grin

No one is saying that you wont get something even at 90; the question is what is the quality of what you are getting  lipsrsealed

I fear the quality will be the same as the quality I would get if I waste my youth.  grin

I no like FA cup replay, it causes fatigue. 50% of the peeps wey marry will have to have replay. The ones wey no do replay might be in misery for most of the time holding on. Na lucky few go enjoy am. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by armyofone(m): 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2012
don't be scared. you just gotta meet a nice babe like moi and the rest is history.

only the bold walk the alter.
believe the Lord for all your need and HE will care for you.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 31, 2012
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2012
Sagamu, na for night time na hin person wey carry umblerra dey know say na laod hin carry. You think you still can't be cleaned out at 50? Siddon dere dey yarn dust grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 11:30pm On Jan 31, 2012
armyofone:

don't be scared. you just gotta meet a nice babe like moi and the rest is history.

only the bold walk the alter.
believe the Lord for all your need and HE will care for you.

Hopefully in the name of God, I would meet a nice babe but no be you sha. tongue

I am scared shyt when I see your name. I am always looking at my bank account to see if my money is still 100%. grin wink

chaircover:

Now we are getting somewhere & I am patting myself on the back because so far you havent asked me which school I attended grin

Ok so saga dearie have you considered that there may be a possibility that you may fall into the lucky few who will enjoy marriage and are therefore doing yourself a great injustice if you totally shun it without at least trying?

The chances of with the current crop of women in the 21st century is quite low. Maybe 10%.

The risk/consequence of getting it wrong (90%) is quite high.  grin

I have in place a relationship risk management system, the girl way go pass through am go try sha. grin

Come on. Una know my value for market na. A whole Saga. You think say na beans to bag am? wink cool

naijababe:

Sagamu, na for night time na hin person wey carry umblerra dey know say na laod hin carry. You think you still can't be cleaned out at 50? Siddon dere dey yarn dust  grin

Lai lai.

I for don enjoy life and anything I make would be hard to allocate to matrimony. cool
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 11:39pm On Jan 31, 2012
moremi2008:

Freecocoa rightly observed that I have a big-head. I am pretty warm and easy-going in real life but I have zero tolerance for foolishness and games. If you're not razor sharp, you can't roll with me except as a strict bedroom companion. The woman that will win my heart will try oh!  grin

ps - I included "for guys" in the title because the equation is completely different for women. They do have shorter biological clocks than men and lower rewards for devoting their youth to their careers (given income disparities). I don't want to conflate the two groups.

my friend, stop being an alarmist - don't ruin it for us(yet to be husbands)

yes - it is still worth it to have someone you love and grow old with.
it's a personal choice you will have to make by listening to yourself and not from others.

you have absolute and total control over what a marriage will be for you.
if you want a marriage like your grandparents (loving, best friend, whom to raise children with, who you know like your favourite pair of jeans, who you feel as if she is home to you) that's what your marriage will be.

if you want your marriage to end up like dumbass celebrities - married today, separated tomorrow, that's exactly what it would be for you as well.
life is what you make it.

what a marriage will be to you is entirely up to you and what you consciously want to create. it's like a garden, a marriage can be colourful, beautiful, full of butterflies and hummingbirds - but only if you cultivate it to be so. if you neglect it, like a garden, it will wither and die, and be a barren dry waste of dirt.

the $64,000 question is not "is marriage worth it"?
just like a garden, you can't really ask, is gardening worth it? well,  i think it depends on the gardener.

marriage can be a deeply satisfying, fulfilling way to express love and generate love for yourself and for others. but only if you are willing to cultivate it as such.
like joy and happiness, it is not a destination to be reached and you can say: "ok, i'm here!" it's a path to be walked.

and it is a glorious path! sure, you may have to deal with fungus/stubborn/elephant grass on your lawn, or the occasional spider mite. . . .but like a garden, under the right conditions, it will flourish unless you don't have interest in gardening!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by minute(f): 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2012
Most Guys get married because they don't want to be sitting around looking like you . . .probably in  a nice house,

expensive car, maybe a corporate job or business owner-but lonely as hell. What happily single guy responds to

every answer posted on his page? Do you really think all that sex cares about you? Men live for sex but an orgasm

lasts maybe 15seconds. Who wants to be walking the streets like you with fat wallet and sports car, maybe a luxury car

secretly wishing you had a wife, secretly wishing somebody besides your parents gave a f^%$ about them. So your goal,

your platform is to show the world why men should never get married-because clearly you are living a good life. Marriage is

not for people like you. When you have to disect and question something sacred it is a clear indication that it's not meant for you.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 31, 2012
Considering the alternative is to grow old alone while your friends enjoy the fruits of having kids, i think marriage indeed is worth it.
I worry a lot about a woman coming to sow where she has not reaped . . . but what can you do? Hopefully you get one that will be willing to put in as much as she takes by God's grace.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by chika98: 11:50pm On Jan 31, 2012
davidylan:

Considering the alternative is to grow old alone while your friends enjoy the fruits of having kids, i think marriage indeed is worth it.
[b]I worry a lot about a woman coming to sow where she has not reape[/b]d . . . but what can you do? Hopefully you get one that will be willing to put in as much as she takes by God's grace.

What exactly does this bit mean in plain terms? You've got a good career and she's gonna sit at home whilst you work and pay her bills without the woman contributing a dime? She goes to the bank to rob you?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2012
davidylan:

I worry a lot about a woman coming to sow where she has not reaped . . . but what can you do? Hopefully you get one that will be willing to put in as much as she takes by God's grace.

i know a local government in eastern nigeria where you would get this particular breed.
i have few application forms left if you are interested. . . .$100 bank draft, 2 passport photographs, a set of your fingerprints.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 01, 2012
Honestly I wonder where some men NL meet their women? Must be some £/ph who are  impressed by Nandos chicken.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by chika98: 12:05am On Feb 01, 2012
naijababe:

Honestly I wonder where some men NL meet their women? Must be some £/ph who are  impressed by Nandos chicken.

I wonder the same. It is almost always about my money, what I have to offer her etc. One would think we've got a bunch of millionaires here.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by armyofone(m): 12:10am On Feb 01, 2012
puzzle me too. i don't know where they got the impression that ladies are automatically milker. we can make our own money too.
even uneducated ladies in niger do trade and make money.

i won't sign any pre nuptial, no way.

a man with head on his shoulder is what we pray for abeg grin. one who can bring in huge bacon without crying of some pennies you took from his wallet  tongue
Saga, cheers  tongue grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by armyofone(m): 12:23am On Feb 01, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin
abi oo

chika98:

I wonder the same. It is almost always about my money, what I have to offer her etc. One would think we've got a bunch of millionaires here.[b][/b]
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by yme1(f): 12:28am On Feb 01, 2012
Its a tough world out there no doubt, I'm a woman myself and most times I feel irritated with the way most of these girls parade themselves around
The attitude is vile, the personality is classless, etc (I'm not saying i am a saint tho grin)
But then again you all need to tune it down a little, whats the hype about money undecided

the fact that when u begin to make peanuts and drive fancy cars tongue and whichever babe gives u a 100% attention is in pursuit of your money

@op
To me you still have a lot of growing up to do
despite all your claimed achievement in life if you think marriage is all about the girls, sex, kids or money then bro you have a long way to go
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 01, 2012
chika98:

What exactly does this bit mean in plain terms? You've got a good career and she's gonna sit at home whilst you work and pay her bills without the woman contributing a dime? She goes to the bank to rob you?

Its just as simple as it looks really. . . and to be honest its not just about money. Most men i know sacrificed so hard to set themselves up for a brighter future. There are women out there who do nothing but laze around, make bad choices then wait for an unsuspecting man to sweep them off their feet and give them a lifestyle they dont deserve.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 01, 2012
davidylan:

Its just as simple as it looks really. . . and to be honest its not just about money. Most men i know sacrificed so hard to set themselves up for a brighter future. There are women out there who do nothing but laze around, make bad choices then wait for an unsuspecting man to sweep them off their feet and give them a lifestyle they dont deserve.

This is the kind of mindset that lead you right onto the sharp teeth of piranhas you are trying to avoid. I don't know any woman with a good head on her shoulders who would not avoid men with warped thinking like the above. The things I read on NL na wa lipsrsealed
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 1:06am On Feb 01, 2012
naijababe:

This is the kind of mindset that lead you right onto the sharp teeth of piranhas you are trying to avoid. I don't know any woman with a good head on her shoulders who would not avoid men with warped thinking like the above. The things I read on NL na wa lipsrsealed

to be fair to davidylan, more often than not, men tend to find the gold-digging women than the ones who tend to contribute in building a home with their husbands. you and i know there are women like that out there. it's the generalization that should be reduced cos there are few good women. it's just that they can be hard to find.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 1:22am On Feb 01, 2012
naijababe:

i have not said there are good women out there . . . only that there are millions out there who are willing to lie their way into a man's life for the sole purpose of living a life they would never ordinarily be able to build for themselves. Its getting harder these days to find any serious chics.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by chika98: 2:20am On Feb 01, 2012
davidylan:

I think you and I will both agree that good men/women are hard to find. Often times, people don't exactly know what it is they're looking for in a mate. Sure everyone likes a good looking woman/ man but not when there isn't a balance. If she's lazy then you can most certainly tell after hanging around her. I strongly believe that people can NEVER hide who they truly are for a long time. Intuition is there for a reason.

People see the warning signs early on but they choose to ignore it. Most importantly, if you truly know within your heart what will make you happy and what is essential in a prospective partner then you certainly are on the right path.

This is also why i believe mental compatibility is a must. You have be with someone who shares the same core values as yourself. You've worked hard to better yourself and so has she. Put that together and things will always come good. This way you raise responsible adults in the future( assuming you want children)
and live a peaceful happy life (ups and downs included) smiley
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 2:46am On Feb 01, 2012
Its very obvious none of you are actually that succesful otherwise you wouldnt be surrounded by women that are soo poor the idea of sharing cyber irks you.

And dont even come here talking about kobe bryant im fed up of that nonsense.

Never have i heard that as an excuse not to be married, then again what is nl for if its not to hear such nonsense! Carry on!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Picture? / My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". / Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.