Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,871 members, 7,841,271 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (45297 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2012
queensmith:

intellect and exposure? because he posts videos and sulks alot? ok we divide here. the pact mentality of nl is something else. i digress

@david

what the hell? seriously? Your going to compare the two? someone selecting a partner on how responsible he is compared to a superficial selection based on looks?

do you listen to yourself at all? do you actually believe these things or you just like to chat rubbish? for the sake of argument? are u also a gay like saga?

Dont blow a gasket, its a faceless forum discussion that has no impact on your life whatsoever. no need getting worked up over nothing.

And who told you looks is "superficial"? That is a poor excuse for those who are not blessed in the looks department lets be candid. Responsibility in a partner is also subjective and can be regarded as superficial. what do you mean by "responsible"? Do you mean a man who is alive to his responsibilities of supporting his family even though on a very low wage or you mean a man who is rich enough to buy you the next best family van?
Is a tailor irresponsible? What of a mechanic who can barely make ends meet? Is the size of a man's pocket a significant determinant in how responsible you view him?

Lets be serious here pls. Women love to cherry pick their men on the basis of financial status (you can deny this all you want) then label men as "shallow" for cherry picking on the basis of looks? Its 50:50, you want a man who you can be proud of anywhere, well i want a woman i can be proud of looks-wise too.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 11:33pm On Feb 03, 2012
coogar:

true. . . .but trust me, men look out for those factors. an ugly woman is already on a back foot.

i don't know why people generally perceive beauty and good character cannot co-exist.
i should introduce you to my spouse. . . .

They actually do, you can be beautiful and have the best character, loving, soft spoken etc, and be ugly and have the worst behaviours.

And it could also be beauty and bad behaviour, ugliness and great behaviour to die for. cool cool cool
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by dayokanu(m): 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2012
davidylan:

Dont blow a gasket, its a faceless forum discussion that has no impact on your life whatsoever. no need getting worked up over nothing.

And who told you looks is "superficial"? That is a poor excuse for those who are not blessed in the looks department lets be candid. Responsibility in a partner is also subjective and can be regarded as superficial. what do you mean by "responsible"? Do you mean a man who is alive to his responsibilities of supporting his family even though on a very low wage or you mean a man who is rich enough to buy you the next best family van?
Is a tailor irresponsible? What of a mechanic who can barely make ends meet? Is the size of a man's pocket a significant determinant in how responsible you view him?

Lets be serious here pls. Women love to cherry pick their men on the basis of financial status (you can deny this all you want) then label men as "shallow" for cherry picking on the basis of looks? Its 50:50, you want a man who you can be proud of anywhere, well i want a woman i can be proud of looks-wise too.
You are even taking it far

Many women cherry pick their choice of men based on looks, Heights, complexion etc

Its common for women to want a man taller than her

Isnt that superficial and shallow too?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 11:35pm On Feb 03, 2012
ronkebp:

They actually do, you can be beautiful and have the best character, loving, soft spoken etc, and be ugly and have the worst behaviours.  

And it could also be beauty and bad behaviour, ugliness and great behaviour to die for. cool cool cool

so if i have a stunning woman with a super duper character, why would i settle for less with a woman that is ugly and great behaviour?

dayokanu:

You are even taking it far

Many women cherry pick their choice of men based on looks, Heights, complexion etc

Its common for women to want a man taller than her

Isnt that superficial and shallow too?

first cass hypocrisy. . . . . .especially when these women have none of those things they cherry-pick.

some of them went bald by 20 but they used all sorts of weaves and wigs to cover that deficiency.
the vertically challenged ones wear all sorta high heels too to cover their midgetary status.
the ones with bad skin have bleached away all their melanin to look like beyonce. . .

and these women are the first to open their mouths that they cannot date short men or bald men.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 11:47pm On Feb 03, 2012
Coogar, the truth is we all want the best, have you seen anybody not praying for a handsome, rich, well-behaved man and men praying for a pretty, well-educated, well-behaved women. There is nothing wrong in that. even if we know that it does not usually work that way, the whole idea whether beautiful or handsome rich or poor, we need to be with someone that you will eventually find happiness, respect and peace in.

We might find the so-called ''idol'' we have created in our hearts in another man/woman, but these days, what is usually the end result? a nagging wife, a serial cheat, disrespctive spouse, a woman that cannot cook, a man that ''panelbeats'' his wife, disregard, hatred and so on.  smiley smiley smiley and eventually, Separation or Divorce.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 11:51pm On Feb 03, 2012
ronkebp:

Coogar, the truth is we all want the best, have you seen anybody not praying for a handsome, rich, well-behaved man and men praying for a pretty, well-educated, well-behaved women. There is nothing wrong in that. even if we know that it does not usually work that way, the whole idea whether beautiful or handsome rich or poor, we need to be with someone that you will eventually find happiness, respect and peace in.

We might find the so-called ''idol'' we have created in our hearts in another man/woman, but these days, what is usually the end result? a nagging wife, a serial cheat, disrespctive spouse, a woman that cannot cook, a man that ''panelbeats'' his wife, disregard, hatred and so on.  smiley smiley smiley and eventually, Separation or Divorce.

speak for yourself, ronkebp

some people deliberately avoid attractive men/women cos they fear the competition they might face. . .
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 11:56pm On Feb 03, 2012
ronkebp:

Just say you are falling for queensmith, and stop using ''abusive words'' to woo her. wink wink wink wink

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4&list=FLRUGdBFtrNhxxTkghQ0Qegg&index=2&feature=plpp_video[/flash]

This is what I am into, not obese, belligerent hoodrats.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKLvPOwLs50&list=FLRUGdBFtrNhxxTkghQ0Qegg&index=24&feature=plpp_video[/flash]
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 11:59pm On Feb 03, 2012
coogar:

speak for yourself, ronkebp

some people deliberately avoid attractive men/women cos they fear the competition they might face. . .

oh!!! so you avoid attractive women because of the competition you might face? wink wink wink wink Now, i see!!!!! smiley smiley smiley, so you know want better thing??
cool cool cool
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 12:01am On Feb 04, 2012
ronkebp:

oh!!! so you avoid attractive women because of the competition you might face? wink wink wink wink Now, i see!!!!!  smiley smiley smiley, so you know want better thing??
cool cool cool

i said speak for yourself on the issue of everyone wants an attractive spouse. . . .some people don't want an attractive wife, i do. . .
if she's not pretty, she won't even get my "hi". yes, i am superficial like that.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by dayokanu(m): 12:03am On Feb 04, 2012
ronkebp:

I have no issue with people want the prettiest and shapely woman or the tallest most handsome guy

But to tag it as being shallow or whatever is what I dont get when every human like you claim want the best for themselves
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 12:05am On Feb 04, 2012
dayokanu:

So what about women avoiding marrying a midget? How many women would marry Aki and pawpaw?

How many women would marry a guy thats disabled?

Are you saying these are not superficial sentiments similar to men considering looks?

Can we now agree both sexes are shallow?
Women avoid marrying midgets? Do midgets not also get married? Lets stop with the baseless assumtions and have a logical debate here please.
Do the handicapped not also find wives? There are poor, ugly, mentally disabled handicapped husbands and wives alike! WHATS YOUR EXPLANATION FOR THAT??
No we cannot agree on anything based on what you’ve said here- and I do not believe the ill logic of the undatable men on this thread reflects the views of all men out there. Most men don’t reason like those of you here.
davidylan:

I’m not blowing anything, you are the one directing insults assuming I am ugly due to my arguments, thats even besides the point.

Maybe inyour own little bubble of a fantasy world you created where the fact you will never marry is a result of there not being any viable women available. MARRYING someone based on their looks is not a superficial decision, requiring absolutely no depth or logical reasoning as to why the wife was worthwhile.

Back over here in the real world, where human beings exist- its called superficial and shallow. Twist turn and insult all you want that factor will never change.
Can a tailor not take care of his family? Do tailors not marry? Why am i even arguing with you? Your making no sense. . . . moving on

You say women cherry pick on the basis of financial status? What explains poor men that are married? What explains women that are richer than their husbands (incredibly common in Nigeria), what explains the modern marriage in which both the husband and the wife CONTRIBUTE towards the expenditure of the household?

You guys need to get a grip on reality; overdwelling on the fantasy nairaland has corroded your brain. See sagafag still trying to pretend he is straight (fooling NOBODY by the way! :p)
Let me even add, beauty as you guys speak is incredibly subjective- So what you guys will call beautiful, human beings will call animals (over here in the real world).
And if you really must continue the sense less argument, riddle me this (if im allowed to stoop so low with the nonsense habit of comparing celebrities to real life) explain Naomi campbel, halle berry, Christina milian, Kelly Rowland, Kerry hilson, Cheryl cole (do i even NEED to go on?)
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 12:09am On Feb 04, 2012
dayokanu:

I have no issue with people want the prettiest and shapely woman or the tallest most handsome guy

But to tag it as being shallow or whatever is what I dont get when every human like you claim want the best for themselves

It was the obese, unintelligent hoodrat that came to that conclusion with her "common sense" to defend her interest. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by dayokanu(m): 12:11am On Feb 04, 2012
queensmith:

Women avoid marrying midgets? Do midgets not also get married? Lets stop with the baseless assumtions and have a logical debate here please.
Do the handicapped not also find wives? There are poor, ugly, mentally disabled handicapped husbands and wives alike! WHATS YOUR EXPLANATION FOR THAT??
No we cannot agree on anything based on what you’ve said here- and I do not believe the ill logic of the undatable men on this thread reflects the views of all men out there. Most men don’t reason like those of you here.
I’m not blowing anything, you are the one directing insults assuming I am ugly due to my arguments, thats even besides the point.

Dont ugly women also get married?

Ayettymama, you were the one who called those claiming they cant marry ugly women as shallow

What I am saying is people have their own physical preference in a woman or man

Some cant marry/date skinny, while some cant date fat women, Some cant date bald guys, Some cant date short guys

But to now call those ones who state out their own physical preference as shallow is what I am NOT in support
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 12:13am On Feb 04, 2012
queensmith = ayettymama? grin grin grin

sagamite/davidylan are just wasting their time then.
she's as hopelessly deluded as a one-legged man hoping to win an arse-kicking contest
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 12:19am On Feb 04, 2012
^^ if only i could get that id back sad MOOVING ON

your going back on yourself dayo- and have moved completely away from the subject at hand
Marrying someone simply on the basis of how they look is INCREDIBLY shallow. There is no way to justify that!

having dating preferences, I believe will be different. Will some not even prefer what others may call ugly?

In the end, people find their spouses attractive no matter what they look like. Some grow to love it others loving it from the very beggining.

Lets face it most of the women in this world arent commercially attractive, most of the women still date marry bare children.

If one is to use 'looks' as an excuse not to marry the person is moronic end of.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 12:20am On Feb 04, 2012
i see the fan club still here- appreciate the love coogar! kiss
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 12:23am On Feb 04, 2012
queensmith:

^^ if only i could get that id back sad MOOVING ON

your going back on yourself dayo- and have moved completely away from the subject at hand
Marrying someone simply on the basis of how they look is INCREDIBLY shallow. There is no way to justify that!

i disagree.
thinking like you do is the moronic thing about it.

what attracts a man to a woman walking on the street? her intelligence he's yet to see or her good home training he's yet to discover.
it's the looks. . . . .this is why the good looking ones get the perks and the butt-ugly ones are ignored.

it's my prerogative i want to marry a beautiful woman.
how my children would look is more important to me than anything else. can't have them scaring away their mates cos their mother has a dominant gene.

p.s. i can let you have your old moniker back.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 12:28am On Feb 04, 2012
^^ i forget this is a nigerian forum. . . tis common for the men to parade about chasing women on the street. . . . . smh

ok coogar, what of those that are friends before they date?

you want to marry a beautiful woman, we all do (except for sagafag of course) but your beautiful may make others turn to salt at the sight of your mrs medusa?

besides, what if you come accross a woman who is not beautiful but blows your mind in every other way?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 12:29am On Feb 04, 2012
if you can do- please do. I BEG YOU!!! cry
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 12:30am On Feb 04, 2012
queensmith:

^^ i forget this is a nigerian forum. . . tis common for the men to parade about chasing women on the street. . . . . smh

ok coogar, what of those that are friends before they date?

you want to marry a beautiful woman, we all do (except for sagafag of course) but your beautiful may make others turn to salt at the sight of your mrs medusa?

besides, what if you come accross a woman who is not beautiful but blows your mind in every other way?

she won't blow my mind if she's not beautiful. let's just agree to disagree on that. . .
a woman's face is my first attraction. i don't care if she's more intelligent than eistein or has the character of mother theresa herself. if she's ugly with those good attributes, she's not priority.

queensmith:

if you can do- please do. I BEG YOU!!! cry

why ayettymama?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 12:47am On Feb 04, 2012
^^ then you are shallow- good luck with all that.

last time i checked it wasnt a sin.Although I definitely dont see it getting you very far. you can prove me wrong sha.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 12:52am On Feb 04, 2012
queensmith:

^^ then you are shallow- good luck with all that.

last time i checked it wasnt a sin.Although I definitely dont see it getting you very far. you can prove me wrong sha.

i am shallow because of my own preference?
now who's shallow?

if you are remotely ugly, move to nigeria and wave your passport - you should get offers that are temporary. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 12:58am On Feb 04, 2012
why do i have to move? there are plenty of illegal immigrants here too. i dont have to be limited to nigerians! kwasia!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 1:04am On Feb 04, 2012
queensmith:

why do i have to move? there are plenty of illegal immigrants here too. i dont have to be limited to nigerians! kwasia!

the ones here know the score.
you are getting dumped the moment they get their residency.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 1:20am On Feb 04, 2012
the naija ones are smart too, . . . . .in dodgy matters as such anyways!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 1:21am On Feb 04, 2012
queensmith:

the naija ones are smart too, . . . . .in dodgy matters as such anyways!

the naija ones are religious and often superstitious.
besides, you can take them to okija shrine to swear an oath - that should keep you in complete control.
they won't leave you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 2:30am On Feb 04, 2012
coogar:

queensmith = ayettymama? grin grin grin

sagamite/davidylan are just wasting their time then.
she's as hopelessly deluded as a one-legged man hoping to win an arse-kicking contest

I was actually thinking if I was to name another unintelligent, belligerent, classless hoodrat like her it would be Ayettymama.

That girl was super dumb and hopeless. So it is the same person?

She reminds me of the young obese girls (black and half chinko) that are on The Biggest Loser 2012. Obese, ugly, classless, obnoxious. Obvious ghetto hoodrats.

[img]http://www.itv.com/biggestloser/contestants/3fc78abe-90a0-46d7-88e6-170246f361e8/PreviewFile.jpg.ashx?q=90&v=1&w=312[/img]
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 2:34am On Feb 04, 2012
queensmith:

Thank God you know how your future will shape up. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 2:59am On Feb 04, 2012
ok cowboys, enough sulking. Just accept the pweety lady beat you at a brain game. no need to cry excessively.

awww fagamite- you miss me? your welcome dude I had to come back I have too many lovers here!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 3:02am On Feb 04, 2012
queensmith:

ok cowboys, enough sulking. Just accept the pweety lady beat you at a brain game. no need to cry excessively.

awww fagamite- you miss me? your welcome dude I had to come back I have too many lovers here!

Pweety? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That is why you are fighting for ugly people to be fancied. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 3:05am On Feb 04, 2012
Lol, so queen Is ayettymama? Lol now I know why I smh whenever I read her posts.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 3:06am On Feb 04, 2012
yes- its only fair faga.

back at ya jenny!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply)

Wife Saves Husband From Suicide By Holding Onto His Boxers / Ese Oruru's Parents House In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (photos) / Startimes Operations Manager Dies From Fire Burn Months To Wedding(Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.