Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,824 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? (22985 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by garnetty(m): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2012
There is no doubt that getting intimate by married couples, especially for those who are still quiet fresh in the institution, makes the bond and affection between them more solid while they progress. But just out of curiosity and relishing the unpleasant experience of some couples especially the male counterpart, i have come to terms with the fact that intimacy every now and then ultimately erodes the passion traditionally associated with it. To my mind ( Just my thought), intimacy should not be a 'frequent' thing. In fact, it makes the union more enjoyable and inviting when intimacy (S*X) is 'regulated'. Opinions, comments and experiences on this are welcome.
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Fhemmmy: 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2012
Once a day . . . tongue

1 Like

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by garnetty(m): 2:55pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ Fhemmmy, You can't be serious. You mean they should get intimate on a daily basis? That could be sickening!!!
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Outstrip(f): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
Na wa oh. Please make sure you marry a woman that has that same view on sex. Before you starve someone to madness

3 Likes

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by ronkebp(f): 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2012
i know when it becomes a routine, it looses it's ''flavour'',
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by garnetty(m): 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ ronkebp, Just my point. wink wink @ Outstrip, am sure you would n't stand it.
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2012
ronkebp:

i know when it becomes a routine, it looses it's ''flavour'',

And that is why the man and the woman would have to invent best ways to add flava into it . ,
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2012
garnetty:

@ Fhemmmy, You can't be serious. You mean they should get intimate on a daily basis? That could be sickening!!!

What makes it sickening?
According to the poster, he asked for the early stage of the marriage . . .
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by ronkebp(f): 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2012
Fhemmmy:

And that is why the man and the woman would have to invent best ways to add flava into it . ,

But, like inventing styles and drama everyday to spice up the action it really becomes tiring after awhile

1 Like

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Outstrip(f): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2012
garnetty:

@ ronkebp, Just my point. wink wink @ Outstrip, am sure you would n't stand it.

Maybe in my 60's or right after a new baby but other than that why would anybody say that you should not have frequent sex. The question should be if he can handle it. If I am not having sex at home where in the world should I get it from. Also it is not just the act of having sex. It is everything else that comes with it. It is hard to stay mad at someone you are making love to. Even if it is angry sex when you are done you relieve some tension and unless you are mentally unstable you will not be as mad as you were before the act. It reminds you that this person is the only other person in the world that is worthy to have that time with you and vice versa. What should you do in the weeks when you don't have it. Pray? Anyway just make a time table and be done with it then

5 Likes

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Outstrip(f): 5:00pm On Feb 01, 2012
ronkebp:

But, like inventing styles and drama everyday to spice up the action it really becomes tiring after awhile

You make it sound like a chore. Abeg stop pulling my legs before I vex
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by ronkebp(f): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
Outstrip:

Maybe in my 60's or right after a new baby but other than that why would anybody say that you should not have frequent sex. The question should be if he can handle it. If I am not Being Intimate at home where in the world should I get it from. Also it is not just the act of Being Intimate. It is everything else that comes with it. It is hard to stay mad at someone you are making love to. Even if it is angry sex when you are done you relieve some tension and unless you are mentally unstable you will not be as mad as you were before the act. It reminds you that this person is the only other person in the world that is worthy to have that time with you and vice versa. What should you do in the weeks when you don't have it. Pray? Anyway just make a time table and be done with it then

Frequent kpekusing is good. cheesy cheesy, but daily (also good ooo) i just can't have sex daily, wink wink wink wink
Outstrip:

You make it sound like a chore. Abeg stop pulling my legs before I vex
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Feb 01, 2012
ronkebp:

That is not true at all.
Besides, a nice hoochie coochie for lunch is nice, then, for dinner the following day, and the day after make it happen for breakfast . . . .
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Outstrip(f): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2012
ronkebp:

Frequent kpekusing is good. cheesy cheesy, but daily (also good ooo) i just can't Be Intimate daily, wink wink wink wink grin grin grin grin grin

Okay I get what you are saying and nobody can really actually do it daily forever but it should be frequently nah.
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2012
the only time i dont have s3x is when my boo not around, other days na fire dey go, eh! if DAT side tire, mouth dey, and hand also dey!

1 Like

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2012
Outstrip:

Okay I get what you are saying and nobody can really actually do it daily forever but it should be frequently nah.

If you read the poster well, you will notice the question better, he/she said "especially for those who are still quiet fresh in the institution, makes the bond and affection between them more solid while they progress. But just out of curiosity and relishing the unpleasant experience of some couples especially the male counterpart"

This my saying once a day . . . But later, could be reduced to like 3 times a week . . . . tongue
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by ronkebp(f): 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^^^^ Quite fresh?!!!! ok gat you now!!!, what will dey be doing if not sexology, it is a different thing if u started it before marraige, but waiting till you marry before having sex and not doing it daily is another wahala.

I get you now phemmy.

1 Like

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Fhemmmy: 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^ Glad to know you got me now . . . .
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Outstrip(f): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2012
That is even more worrisome. They should not even stop to eat or drink
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Fhemmmy: 8:48pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^ Lol . . . Without eating nor drinking, the man will faint
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by ronkebp(f): 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2012
Outstrip:

That is even more worrisome. They should not even stop to eat or drink

I tire for you oooooo, you go like this thing too much oooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by ipio(f): 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
Four times a week is fair for me
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by blank(f): 9:38pm On Feb 01, 2012
Double post.
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by blank(f): 9:41pm On Feb 01, 2012
I remember those days when we were newly married. We would sneak out from work n meet up at home 4 some snooky. When I stopped working, it was even better, several times a day esp weekend. But when baby came, we were lucky if we could manage 3 times a week.

That is why this strike was a welcome break. 3/4 times a day. My husband would wonder wetin don enter me.

As many times as u guys want is my answer to the question. Don't withhold urself from each other except both parties agree. Life is too short for regrets.

5 Likes

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Fhemmmy: 9:54pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^ That is what i am talking about . . . .
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by moremi2008(m): 2:19am On Feb 02, 2012
Well, I would prefer it once in the morning right before breakfast, once in the evening as soon as I walk in the door and then a leisurely one at night when we're about to sleep. On the weekends, we aren't even going to step out of bed (I keep handcuffs right next to my bed for this same reason). grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by sweetwendy: 3:59am On Feb 02, 2012
Nα̇̇ђwaho
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by sweetwendy: 4:08am On Feb 02, 2012
Hmmm,whatanintrestingtopicometothinkofit,whymustnewlyweweddedcouplemakesexaroutinething?D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥shdhaveitasmanytimesaspossible, If̶̲̥̅̊dontenjoydemselvesdenwilldey?Wendeystartedhavingchildren,D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥canminimisedtheintimasycosnaturalyalotofeventmusthaveaddedusoeitherdeylikeitornot,initimasywldreduc
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by sweetwendy: 4:53am On Feb 02, 2012
hmmm, what an interesting topic. for no reason should newly couple make sex an interval thing. it should be done as many times as possible, if they dont now then when are they going to? is it when they started having children?

1 Like

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by sweetwendy: 4:53am On Feb 02, 2012
hmmm, what an interesting topic. for no reason should newly couple make sex an interval thing. it should be done as many times as possible, if they dont now then when are they going to? is it when they started having children?
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by garnetty(m): 9:58am On Feb 02, 2012
@ Fhemmmy, NO, it is not all about inventing ways to add flavour to the act but the question of 'Should it be a routine thing?'. Also, even if the marriage is still fresh as originally put by me, 'Is getting intimate on a daily basis the best?' And is the feeling always right to get intimate on a daily basis?'.

@ Outstrip, my point is not about starving the other partner of sex or marrying someone who shares the same ideology about sex. Taken, sex is one of the primary purposes of marriage aside from companionship but if we must agree that it should be done frequently, then at what rate?. Should it be a routine thing based on the mutual feelings of the couple? Then for you (am not sure you are married yet), if your man has got the strength to do it on a daily basis, shortly after wedding, then what becomes of the feelings 2,3,4 months down the line? Even certain kind of food which one likes to be eaten at any point in time or frequently becomes 'unattractive' when it is monotonous. Food for thought.

@ ronkebp, YES, the couple may not have any other thing to engage themselves on other than sex in the early days of their marriage (shortly after wedding) but what if they had had it countless times before they officially agreed to tie the knots? Would n't it be less attractive or would it still be a routine thing for them, when they have seen it all?. This, in my opinion, ultimately affects the issue of frequency. Food for thought.

@ blank, if i understand your conclusion, your position is that the need to get intimate should only be driven by the mutual feelings of then couple at any point in time and should n't be a routine thing. And if i may ask, how old is your marriage now and how frequent do you still have it? Am sure you only get intimate when the feeling is right and mutual.

@ sweetwendy, YES, it should be done as many times as possible. But is the feeling always right for it especially when it now seen as a routine thing?. Getting intimate could be at any stage of the union even during childbearing but at what frequency? Again, the feeling, i suppose, is the keyword.

More contributions are welcome especially from those who have been married for one or two years.
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by blank(f): 10:36am On Feb 02, 2012
I have been married for more than 2 years now.

Ofcourse it should be driven by mutual feelings. Were u planning on using timetable before? It can never get tiring, boring or routine cos i enjoy it fully and initiate it whenever i want to. When we had less family, work stress we could do it several times a day. Now we average 3 times a week though weekends it still stands at several times a day.

If mutual feelings make u do it 3 times a day, excellent. If mutual feelings make u do it 3 times a week, very good. If mutual eelings make u do it 3 times a month, good. I dont feel u should withhold yourself from your partner for too long except it is by mutual agreement.

Once it is with the right person, u will never feel it is routine except if u feel daily life is routine, then no help for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Missing Younger Brother - Kelechi Victor Agomuo / Oh My God ....men Sha!!!! / Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.