Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works (5590 Views)

Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud / 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! / A Dictator Is Coming To Fix Nigeria - Pastor Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by mukina2: 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
At least N1.2 trillion is needed to fix Nigeria’s roads within the next three years, Minister of Works Mike Onolememen has said.

The minister, who defended the ministry’s budget before the Senate Committee on Works yesterday, described as inadequate, the N180 billion appropriated for road projects in the 2012 budget, saying about N420 billion would be needed to complete ongoing projects across the this year alone.

“The ministry has an outstanding N51 billion in the 2011 budget even as it has a liability of N41 billion”, he added.

The committee expressed dismay over the poor state of roads in the country and urged the Federal Government to provide what it described as emergency funds to address the poor condition of roads in the country.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=153672:n12trn-needed-to-fix-nigerias-roads--minister&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2012
What a better way to get prepared for 2014 elections! After all billions have been voted in the past for the same roads without any visible result, more money for the 'cabals'.
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by HighChief4(m): 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2012
Is that not too small? Because it costs over $1bn dollars to fix a 50km road in Nigeria ONLY
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by dejust(m): 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
How did he get to that figure, or which ones is he going to fix.
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by agog: 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
billions upon billions yearly on road, with no visible result.
how long will it take them to repair Sagamu-Ore road that claim lives on a weekly basis.

MTSHEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by mufc009(m): 2:28pm On Feb 01, 2012
make thunder fire you to helll, 1billion shocked shocked shocked
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by Bawss1(m): 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2012
Wow that's a lot of money and its just for fixing alone not to mention constructing new ones.

As usual some Nlanders will not hesitate to display to all that they are experts at abuses. angry
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by expert555: 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2012
What is this man's back ground, is he an engineer? I know he is cheif Aneni's ploodle Aneni can not take his old and dirty hands off Nigeria roads.
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by nxanadu: 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2012
when e reach my turn i'll chop & leave tongue
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by zilon12(m): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
the only job ministries do is to tell us how much they need just as the finance ministry are sweeping off money from the masses to improve the foreign reserves sad
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by neduzi: 2:47pm On Feb 01, 2012
IRONY: A nice place to channel our N1.3 trillion subsidy monies.
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by executinal(m): 2:55pm On Feb 01, 2012
Every year same budget no improvement, Keep up the looting silly sets of confused ministers.
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by 76Naira(m): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2012
Thieves, keep thieving & please take the loot to your graves!!!
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by pss: 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2012
AGAIN
OLE! OLE!! OLE!!!
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by doctokwus: 3:23pm On Feb 01, 2012
Evn if they give them N100trillion yearly,they won't achieve anything,it will go down that same route:pockets of "briefcase" contractors and politicians.Wen d heads are corrupt,nothing can ever b achieved in dis country
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
What a baboon, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by GeneralGEJ: 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2012
See all these iddoooooots posters shouting - How the hell are we going to finance next elections. The truth is 1.3 trillion cant fix anything
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by stepo707: 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2012
Hmm!
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by Joshua15(m): 3:47pm On Feb 01, 2012
they are all thievessssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by GeneralGEJ: 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2012
Foolish Nigerians

U.k spent roughly N19,180,000,000.00 per km to turn a 3 lane expressway to 4 lane - The entire stretch was 35km and it gulped N671,300,000,000 and yet Nigeria wants to fix the whole country 3 times the size of uk with 1.2 trillion N - I laugh in fresh air

Give or take 1.2 trillion will only fix btw 62 and 100km of roads

You nigerians are foools - This money i go chop am .

it is for election.
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by beafroast: 4:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
@GeneralGEJ,
march on!
Notin do you,i dey shado ur side 4 u.
eehm,eehm abeg no 4get dat minista job wey u promise mi o. Incase u don 4get na minista 4 'MUMUNIGS' i like o.
Presh hair o!
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by Marlboro1: 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
Just the same amount Olabode George stole from us.
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by Agbesky: 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2012
this is ridiculous, make una sufri sufri dey rub this money nah,
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by ollyruffy: 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
we only hope that even the 180 billion naira will get to the road and will not end up in the cabals' pockets as previously
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by stunna2(m): 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2012
share tears for nigeria, but then again, maybe not

i keep wondering what place God has reserved 4 the individuals relentlessly wasting his gifts and blessings for nigerians

my mother keeps assuring me that the wickedness n lack of progress in the land is because the people's hearts are as black as their skin color, n those r her very words not mine!

by the way, the problem is not that the cash is too small or too big as allocated for projects but that the money is never used for what its allocated for, !

if i had wings, then i would approach these wicked thieves in the form of an angel and plead with them to change from their wicked ways and care for the people and use the monies to better the lives of all and spend it on what it is allocated for - but alas, i have no wings of angels so they will never listen to me! lol
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by Akiika: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2012
Great, i'll tell you where to get the money from. Arrest OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, each one of these guys can refund that money of the ill gotten loot of the federation account and they'll still have more. If other ministries need money just arrest the following:
Atiku, All previous Senate presidents, Speaker, Governors, Ministers e.t.c
walahi, Nigeria will be rich back quick quick.
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by tlops(m): 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2012
Road, power are the usual mode of siphoning public fund.
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by obongoboy: 7:13pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ GeneralGej. nigerians are well read people. u think u can give them false informations? what do u know about uk? IDIOT,  taminal 5. at heathrow airport was built wt only 4.3 billion pounds. u are here surporting thiefs like u. u will rot in hell, Gej my foot.
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2012
Well, I'm speaking as an insider cos I work with a firm where we design roads, The main problem with Nigerian roads is not how much is spent but how the money is spent, Well designed and constructed roads should last about 25 to 35 years if well maintained, But in Nigeria everything is upside down after the govt pple chop 40 percent of the contract sum finish b4 they give u the contract and remember u have to still make profit so u will start cutting costs, because of bribe here and there, So there you have it, The reason for your poor roads that only last 2 years, Even Julius Berger can't do the kind of rubbish they do here in their country, What a shame!!!
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by blackcypha(m): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2012
The minister can kiss my A.s.s!
Crooks!
Re: N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works by SkyBlue1: 12:58am On Feb 02, 2012
I am quite curious, is the anger about fear that the money would be misused, or that the cost is too high (I am quite curious). I hope we can appreciate that there is a huge infrastructural deficit in Nigeria. We have neglected work, improvement and maintenance of what little infrastructure we had. Infrastructure IS capital intensive. We can't say one thing and say another. The issue if we are really ready to pay for the things and lifestyle we claim to want or aspire to in Nigeria. We can't keep expecting everything to be cheap without taking in to account that due to the dearth of infrastructure in Nigeria, doing most things (business, projects, etc) tend to be quite expensive. If we really want the infrastructure we claim we do then I think the issue should always be if we are getting value for money, not always making the issue being "the figures look too big". It is silly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet / Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy / Security Forces Deployed Because Of Biafra Rally In Aba Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.