Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Justice Or Injustice,where Is The Justice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Or Injustice,where Is The Justice? (482 Views)

Sc Judgment: Are We Celebrating Justice Or Injustice / Nnamdi Kanu: Justice Or Peace / Labaran Maku Thrown Out By The Tribunal; Justice Or Injustice ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Justice Or Injustice,where Is The Justice? by bilms(m): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2012
JUSTICE OR INJUSTICE,WHERE IS THE JUSTICE?

Almustapha was sentence to death by hanging and some people are celebrating and some hailed the judgment as good. So i ask,why are you celebrating? for Justice or injustice? I have always wanted justice to be done to the killer of kudirat Abiola and other,but in this situation,i feel the verdict passed on Almustapha is not the justice we demand. Almustapha is just a soldier who is under orders. According to the rule of the military,you don't question orders,if you do,you are dead. if Almustapha defy the order,he would pay for it and another person would still carry out the mission. I do not want to drag this issue into looking at the authenticity of Almustapha giving the order to assassinate Kudirat, what am saying is,If Almustapaha indeed ordered the shooting,he did so because he was given an order to order,which is irresistible. Sentencing a soldier who is under command to carry out an instruction,and obeying is order is to me not a justice. He didn't commit this act when their is an alternative law,and as far as the military law which was the law in Nigeria when this act took place is concerned,their is no crime committed by Almustapha,the crime is on the superior officer who ordered him. Is just like a Gay man who practice gay in the US,since the US law allowed him to do that,he has not committed any offense,how then would the Nigerian government sentence him for practicing gay in US? this is wrong even if the Nigerian law is against gay,provided he didn't practice gay in Nigeria, you cant convict him for the act he performed in US. Even if he was found guilty,i do not think this is the right time to pass this judgment,considering the fact that he has been kept in prison for over 13 years. This is a trying time for the nation which is putting the unity of Nigeria in coma. According to the international media,divided Majorly of christian south and Muslim north,but our follow follow and low thinking media did not object such categorization,they just adopted it as a means of campaign. Is our media unaware of the fact that despite the majorly christian south and Muslim north, we have more Christians in north as residents and more Muslim in the south as resident? we have more churches in the north than mosque. Abdul AOH
Re: Justice Or Injustice,where Is The Justice? by Akainzo(m): 10:48am On Feb 02, 2012
To learn a little about what the army itself says about soldiers obeying orders they know is wrong, you can watch the movie: A Few Good Men.

(1) (Reply)

The Price Of Leadership,message To Nigerian Youths / Reps Applaud High Local Content In Innoson Vehicles / Preposterous Rally For Rape Oba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.