Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? (1702 Views)

The Youths Of Nigeria Have To Wake Up! We Are Pawns In The Larger Scheme Of Thin / APC Accuses Jonathan Of Using Chibok Girls As ‘pawns On His Political Chessboard / Hollywood Big Wigs Pawns In New Nigerian Money Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Amenhotep(m): 2:53am On Oct 16, 2007
Can internationally recognised African statesmen like Nelson Mandela be truly considered as Icons for the black race or do they just form part of the new world order?

I am wondering becoz I'm naturally skeptical about the recent unvieling of the Nelson Mandela Statue in Parliament Square, London- UK. Do you see this as a measure of achievement and progress, and why, or do you feel it is just in the grand British design of things. Has Nelson mandela been fully sealed into the Illuminati? Like to hear the Nigerian and ofcourse African views on this:
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Kobojunkie: 3:17am On Oct 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY LAUGHING SO HARD NOW!!! AMAZING THE SORT OF THINGS PEOPLE COME UP WITH IN HERE !!! Do you have a brother in here

UNBEWEABLE!!!
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Amenhotep(m): 4:10am On Oct 16, 2007
Kobojunkie:

SERIOUSLY LAUGHING SO HARD NOW!!! AMAZING THE SORT OF THINGS PEOPLE COME UP WITH IN HERE !!! Do you have a brother in here

UNBEWEABLE!!!

If you can't come up with a thread, or provide input to a thread, good or bad, positive or negative, then do not tell us wat you think of what others come up with it. Lets focus on the thread please. grin
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Oct 16, 2007
Amenhotep:

If you can't come up with a thread, or provide input to a thread, good or bad, positive or negative, then do not tell us what you think of what others come up with it. Lets focus on the thread please. grin

Dude, this happens to be my input?? What?? I am not to laugh when I read funny posts and show that I find it really funny ?? Did you even bother to read your own post?? ? grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Amenhotep(m): 4:19am On Oct 16, 2007
The thread poses a question. I want ur contribution/input by answering the thread topic, either by refuting or accepting the question in the statement. African Statesmen - Icons or Pawns? What is ur view?
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On Oct 16, 2007
You really want my view?? IT does not even make sense to me how anyone would arrive at such thinking. I mean I am not really a great fan of Mandela myself, I do not believe in worshipping or putting humans on pedestals so I can not say much on him but a statue and links to illuminati?? I can't help but laugh. Dude, COME ON!!! grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Amenhotep(m): 4:28am On Oct 16, 2007
@ kobojunkie

U're missing the point. A majority of the British people were not happy with Mandela's statue standing in parliament square next to their national heroes like Churchill, and some africans were debating the symbolism of the whole saga. It is not about idolising or worshipping anybody, and the issue of illuminati is to spice up the thread grin and get people talking, maybe coz u're not based in the UK, so you won't get a first hand feel of how unveiling that statue meant to some people. And I just want an african perspective on it.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 16, 2007
Ahmedinejad - Icon or Idiot?
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Kobojunkie: 4:36am On Oct 16, 2007
Amenhotep:

@ kobojunkie

You're missing the point. A majority of the British people were not happy with Mandela's statue standing in parliament square next to their national heroes like Churchill, and some africans were debating the symbolism of the whole saga. It is not about idolising or worshipping anybody, and the issue of illuminati is to spice up the thread grin and get people talking, maybe because u're not based in the UK, so you won't get a first hand feel of how unveiling that statue meant to some people. And I just want an african perspective on it.

I know of the statue and I myself thought it stupid. by the way, WHAT MAJORITY OF BUSH PEOPLE WERE NOT HAPPY WITH MANDELA's Statue Standing in Parliament Square?? Is Bush in the UK?? How did you come up with that addition?? Everyone has his or her own opinion when it comes to that statue. I personally do not see a need for the man getting a statue, I mean he is already seen as a god by his people, the fact that the statue was not mounted up in SA where he really did his fighting but in the UK makes me wonder what people there really need a statue of him for. Anyway, I will wait to get your answer on the BUSH connection to this, that will definitely make this thread better grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Amenhotep(m): 4:41am On Oct 16, 2007
@ posters

davidylan:

Ahmedinejad - Icon or Idiot?

And on this note people, I'd like to draw ur attention to a Mr. Davidylan.  He is a mad disillusioned individual who suffers from solitary confinement and loneliness and as a result can only vent his anger on forums like this.  Be Warned!  He is on almost every thread and every post, and never has anything to say that makes sense.  So while we proceed with this thread, I urge fellow members to bear with this nuisance if you cannot ignore it, as it will continue to pop up now and again.

Thank you.  We may now continue with the thread.    grin grin grin grin
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 16, 2007
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Amenhotep, Mohammed's scribe! What a man of peace you are.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Amenhotep(m): 4:44am On Oct 16, 2007
@ kobojunkie

Who mentioned anything about BUSH Are you ok?
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Nobody: 4:51am On Oct 16, 2007
Amenhotep:

@ kobojunkie

This man sure is very prickly tonite eh. . . could it be related to his peaceful prophet? grin
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by hipernetix: 5:27am On Oct 16, 2007
Its unfortunate how some people have no respect 4 other peoples' religion. Its just a forum, not a religious war!
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2007
hipernetix:

Its unfortunate how some people have no respect 4 other peoples' religion. Its just a forum, not a religious war!

Yawn. You only here of "respect for other people's religion" when the religion under scrutiny is Islam. Perhaps it has more to do with the fact that islam is not open to criticism.

I dont have to respect your religion, that is a new invention of islamists who are too afraid to confront their insecurities. I dont hear buddhists complaining about respect for buddha.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by hipernetix: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2007
@ davidylan

Who was talking to you? I don't deal with shallow minded people, I thought I made that clear to you? Express your jargon opinions to yourself and your other like-minded posters.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2007
hipernetix:

@ davidylan

Who was talking to you? I don't deal with shallow minded people, I thought I made that clear to you? Express your jargon opinions to yourself and your other like-minded posters.

What a fish brained tool. lol you cant deal with "shallow minded people" if you dont even have a brain to reason to start with. grin
Keep decieving urself that u actually sound smart.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by OduduwaSon: 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2007
Amenhotep:

@ posters

And on this note people, I'd like to draw your attention to a Mr. Davidylan. He is a mad disillusioned individual who suffers from solitary confinement and loneliness and as a result can only vent his anger on forums like this. Be Warned! He is on almost every thread and every post, and never has anything to say that makes sense. So while we proceed with this thread, I urge fellow members to bear with this nuisance if you cannot ignore it, as it will continue to pop up now and again.

Thank you. We may now continue with the thread. grin grin grin grin

Oh this is so funny grin grin grin So you guys have also discovered the biggest tribalistic kangoroo on Nairaland. I salute you O oga DAVIDYLAN grin grin grin I beg make I ask you, Davdidylan, u dey work 4 McDonald 4 yankee thats why you dey frustrated, na true? I know say you go begin insult me now, but I dey covered wit full body armour grin grin grin grin
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2007
OduduwaSon:

Oh this is so funny grin grin grin So you guys have also discovered the biggest tribalistic kangoroo on Nairaland. I salute you O oga DAVIDYLAN grin grin grin I beg make I ask you, Davdidylan, u dey work 4 McDonald 4 yankee thats why you dey frustrated, na true? I know say you go begin insult me now, but I dey covered wit full body armour grin grin grin grin

Maybe its true, maybe its not true. You call me a kangaroo and yet claim that i will soon start to insult you? Maybe Kangaroo is a term for people in ur village.

you and your fellow islamists can continue shedding tears on behalf of that maurading bandit you call a prophet. I really dont care. He called me a raisin head anyway.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by KubeSolja: 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2007
@ davidylan

dude, grow up man! U sound pathetic! You have deviated completely from what the whole thread is about.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Amenhotep(m): 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2007
I did post a warning somewhere on this thread alerting members about that davidylan guy. he is just a nuisance so its best you just ignore him. The guy is obviously frustrated.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2007
Amenhotep:

@ kobojunkie

OK Amenotep,  Please do not tell me that you did not EDIT Your initial post there cause I am 100% that I saw BUSH people and not BRITISH people there last night I typed up my post ,  dude,  confess!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy

Why does it seem this is a DAVIDLAYN Bashing thread instead??

When you all decided to MOVE From Bashing another for not agreeing with you and actually FOCUS On the topic, you might then maybe read the Initial THREAD and post on views on that and not on how you cannot handle another person's post.

Back to you @Amenotep, I know what I saw last night, right before midnight, you typed BUSH people were not happy with the statue being in parliament and I remember posting and then reposting to include that question I asked there about Bush since I was trying to spice up the thread. Don't even play games with me on this one but anyways, back to your MANDELA's Statue and ILLUMINATI claims, What in the world does anyone have to gain with another ILLUMINATI conspiracy
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Danmasani(m): 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2007
Amenhotep:

@ posters

And on this note people, I'd like to draw your attention to a Mr. Davidylan. He is a mad disillusioned individual who suffers from solitary confinement and loneliness and as a result can only vent his anger on forums like this. Be Warned! He is on almost every thread and every post, and never has anything to say that makes sense. So while we proceed with this thread, I urge fellow members to bear with this nuisance if you cannot ignore it, as it will continue to pop up now and again.

Thank you. We may now continue with the thread. grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin Nairaland na funny place!
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2007
KubeSolja:

@ davidylan

dude, grow up man! You sound pathetic! You have deviated completely from what the whole thread is about.

Make up your mind, do you want me to grow up or stop sounding pathetic? You seem to be another one of those morons who just pop up from nowhere to piggy back on fellow goons. You say i have deviated from the thread yet i see nothing to suggest any contribution from you that is on the agenda of the thread.

Amenhotep:

I did post a warning somewhere on this thread alerting members about that davidylan guy. he is just a nuisance so its best you just ignore him. The guy is obviously frustrated.

Heard it all before mr amenhotep. Enjoy stewing in your exagerated oppinion of urself.

Kobojunkie:

Why does it seem this is a DAVIDLAYN Bashing thread instead??

Because its just easier to bash others when we have nothing else of value to say.

Danmasani:

grin grin grin grin grin Nairaland na funny place!

mesef dey laugh oga sanni. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by labiyemmy(m): 10:21pm On Oct 16, 2007
some people are nothing but nuisance to themselves on Nairaland - their posts and comments does nothing but turn the stomach because it reeks of nonsense and empty comments. If all a full grown man can comment on a post/thread is to laugh without making a genuine comment - then he/she must have his head examined.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2007
@labiyemmy:

some people are nothing but nuisance to themselves on Nairaland - their posts and comments does nothing but turn the stomach because it reeks of nonsense and empty comments. If all a full grown man can comment on a post/thread is to laugh without making a genuine comment - then he/she must have his head examined.

i fully agree, i also suggest that empty heads who can only contribute insults on decent threads need to go back to elementary school especially when they are evidently struggling with complex reasoning.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Njoy1(f): 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2007
stupid goats are every where - and they know themselves - dull and so opinionated about themselves and what they write - I am sure they have nothing worthwhile to do.

They sure know themselves. Nincompoops.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by debosky(m): 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2007
If he is not 'recognised' some people will claim nothing a 'black man' does is ever 'good enough' for the 'whiteys'

now that he is 'recognised' he is being painted as a 'white stooge' and 'new world order member' and 'illuminati inductee'

If i had a dollar for every conspiracy theory I heard on nairaland, I'd be a billionaire by now.

Does the statue of the will smith at Madam Tussaud's mean that poor man has been inducted into the illuminati too? grin grin grin
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by iykrion(m): 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2007
@all,
Strict concentration on the topic will surely do us a lot of good. This must not be a case of Davidylan vs ors. Nobody should equally be seen as lonely, stupid or a nuisance, etc. If people don't have different opinions on a particular issue, then there wouldn't be any need for debates.

@topic
I haven't seen any cogent reason behind the hoisting of Mandela's statute in the UK. His fame cannot be fanned by that. The British government must have their reasons anyway. As regards the illuminati stuff, I couldn't figure it out.
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2007
N-joy:

stupid goats are every where - and they know themselves - dull and so opinionated about themselves and what they write - I am sure they have nothing worthwhile to do.

They sure know themselves. Nincompoops.

e pain you no be small thing o! shocked grin grin
If i were dull i wont be here today so that's water off a ducks back.
If you had something worthwhile to do you'd be contributing to this thread instead of importing aggression.

enjoy urself madam "i am so intelligent". grin
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Oct 16, 2007
debosky:

If he is not 'recognised' some people will claim nothing a 'black man' does is ever 'good enough' for the 'whiteys'

now that he is 'recognised' he is being painted as a 'white stooge' and 'new world order member' and 'illuminati inductee'

If i had a dollar for every conspiracy theory I heard on nairaland, I'd be a billionaire by now.

Does the statue of the will smith at Madam Tussaud's mean that poor man has been inducted into the illuminati too? grin grin grin

Well, At least you actually commented on the main topic of the thread itself instead of joining in on the DAVIDLYAN bash-fest that seems to be going on instead. I was hoping someone else would catch on on that ILLUMINATI CLAIM !!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: African Ststesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 16, 2007
Mandela is not an African statesman sorry to say. . . i see nothing he has done for Africa beyond serving 27yrs in prison for violence.

Why should his statue be in London? Do they have churchill's statue in Durban?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Air Ambulance In Nigeria: Nigeria Out, Yoruba In. / Going Back To Nigeria - If He Can So can we, Nids. / Boko Haram Guerrillas Have Seized Control Of The Town Of Gao In Northern Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.