Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (535434 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Pkay28(f): 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
cry cry why's the room so cold Ya all in maple come out plssss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Pkay28(f): 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Linzo:
Hello everyone, please I want to know if studying economics in Canada worth it, in terms of jobs after graduation and settle in Canada?

It is, you could further with mba which is da bomb. All the best.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by wayoflife(m): 1:37am On Jun 22, 2019
nellysam202:
Hello Brethren, please am new here and I would love if I get more info about the cost to study and leave in Canada, am a high school graduate and am planning to further my studies in bradon university. Computer science is my course choice, I will be grateful if I get info from anybody based on how to go about studying in bradon uni. Thanks
hello..... did you get any update on this?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by wayoflife(m): 1:45am On Jun 22, 2019
orlahtohbadt:
Hello, i applied to the same university but for September, i would love to be in correspondence with you
hello, did you travel to Canada yet?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Lapa07: 10:38am On Jun 25, 2019
Hi, I want to ask if you will be going to UNB this fall cos I will be going for my MBA in September.
olamidejohnson:
Hello, can anyone help me on relevant information concerning University of New Brunswick for my fall masters program in Accounting
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by JosephYemsol(m): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
dogice:

I went to The University of New Brunswick. What's with all these sirs though lol

Hi ! (Am tempted to using sir cheesy).
I am a prospective applicant to UNB myself for summer 2020. I wanna apply for Meng civil engineering.
My cgpa is 3.62 /5 and last 2 years is 4.28/5.
Pls what r my chances.? Also, do I need to contact a supervisor before applying...
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Goodylicious74(f): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2019
Hi, please does anyone have any info about job prospects and career development in Biotechnology..especially in British Columbia or any region at all. I want to know what my chances are in getting a good job, I'm looking at an Msc in Biotechnology.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:41am On Jul 17, 2019
Hello people, what school can you recommend to someone with a CGPA of 4.86 in the last 4 semesters?
I studied mechanical engineering and i would like to get an M.Eng in Mechanical Engineering.

PS: I am also considering stay-back options after studies.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Olori1dental(f): 8:52am On Jul 21, 2019
Please am an HND holder in dental technology, I would love to do my master's in public health in Canada, is it possible?
Because presently am about applying for September 2020
If not, what other program can I do in Canada to qualify me for MSc public health?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by BHA1234: 9:59am On Aug 03, 2019
JosephYemsol:

Hi ! (Am tempted to using sir cheesy).
I am a prospective applicant to UNB myself for summer 2020. I wanna apply for Meng civil engineering.
My cgpa is 3.62 /5 and last 2 years is 4.28/5.
Pls what r my chances.? Also, do I need to contact a supervisor before applying...
For MEng you don't need a supervisor as its course based. However, for MASc you need a supervisor and it's best you try to secure one before applying.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by BHA1234: 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2019
Hello guys, can we please consider this hypothetical situation;

Mr A applies into SCHOOL A and SCHOOL B for Master's program, Fall term.

School A offers Mr A an admission February.

Mr A prefers SCHOOL B to SCHOOL A, but SCHOOL B was taking too long, and as a result, MR A applied for student permit using SCHOOL A's admission letter, to meet up with September.

SCHOOL B's admission, came out 2 months after he had applied for student permit.

So my questions are;

Is it possible for MR A to change from SCHOOL A to SCHOOL B on his CIC portal immediately after receiving his student permit, without having to go to SCHOOL A for explanation or whatsoever ?

Or will MR A have to attend a semester at SCHOOL A and then transfer to SCHOOL B ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by hectorswag(m): 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2019
Bracha:
Hi, please where in Manitoba are you? I'll be going to Brandon in August and need help with accommodation. Do you know anyone there who can help?
Thanks in advance.

Hello, please do you know if Brandon offers MSc in Cyber Security and how I can apply? So many fake sites on the internet. embarassed
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by hectorswag(m): 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2019
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by cvv1477: 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2019
good day to you all, I graduated in February, the year 2015 from uniport with a CGPA of 3.43 from biochemistry department and I want to do my MSC in any of the health-related courses in canada: 1 MSC in Addiction and Mental Health 2 MSC in Public Health 3 MSC in healthcare management 4 MSC in biotechnology and renewable energy. the question now is which of the schools in canada offer health courses at graduate level and to int'l students. I've tried some schools, they said they can't accept me, reason being that my CGPA is low. pls help a brother with any schools that accept Nigerians without any stress! thanks and God bless! I will also be willing to do PG/certificate as option B if option A (MSC) doesn't materialise
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Pkay28(f): 1:40am On Aug 23, 2019
cvv1477:
good day to you all, I graduated in February, the year 2015 from uniport with a CGPA of 3.43 from biochemistry department and I want to do my MSC in any of the health-related courses in canada: 1 MSC in Addiction and Mental Health 2 MSC in Public Health 3 MSC in healthcare management 4 MSC in biotechnology and renewable energy. the question now is which of the schools in canada offer health courses at graduate level and to int'l students. I've tried some schools, they said they can't accept me, reason being that my CGPA is low. pls help a brother with any schools that accept Nigerians without any stress! thanks and God bless! I will also be willing to do PG/certificate as option B if option A (MSC) doesn't materialise

Dont worry, go to this thread and ask your questions, you'll get all the answers you need in no time Ohk. https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part16.. All the best dear
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Bracha: 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
While I'm not sure of this, I do know that I haven't come across that course on the school website.

Hopefully you find what you're looking for.

Good luck.

hectorswag:

Hello, please do you know if Brandon offers MSc in Cyber Security and how I can apply?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by hectorswag(m): 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
Bracha:
While I'm not sure of this, I do know that I haven't come across that course on the school website.

Good luck.

Okay, thanks!
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by victorsol(m): 11:57pm On Aug 27, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello people, what school can you recommend to someone with a CGPA of 4.86 in the last 4 semesters?
I studied mechanical engineering and i would like to get an M.Eng in Mechanical Engineering.

PS: I am also considering stay-back options after studies.
I like this.
You are good to go about getting funding now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by victorsol(m): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2019
Olori1dental:
Please am an HND holder in dental technology, I would love to do my master's in public health in Canada, is it possible?
Because presently am about applying for September 2020
If not, what other program can I do in Canada to qualify me for MSc public health?
you can't apply to masters direct in canada with HND. About the course, I don't really know but you can check online by checking for Pgd for nursing in Canada and am sure you'd get the best option for you.
and if you want to apply, I advice that you apply early because of visa processing
wish you best Of luck in your search

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Deane: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
Hi guys, anyone interested or knows anyone looking for an accomodation in Halifax around SMU, DAL, etc.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
Bracha:

Good luck.

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Olori1dental(f): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2019
victorsol:

you can't apply to masters direct in canada with HND. About the course, I don't really know but you can check online by checking for Pgd for nursing in Canada and am sure you'd get the best option for you.
and if you want to apply, I advice that you apply early because of visa processing
wish you best Of luck in your search

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by victorsol(m): 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
Olori1dental:

Thank you
Don't worry, you can keep the change. The goal is that you get what you want and follow your dream

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Wumil: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2019
hectorswag:

Hello, please can you also help with fees and cost for studying for an MSc in Cyber Security in Canada?

Can you also help with schools that provides funding For Mac in Cybersecurity?

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Innocey(m): 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2019
Hello house, I'm about applying for an undergraduate course in an uni in Canada but this secondary school transcript is giving me worries cos I have been to the school where I got my secondary education and they are not aware of what I'm talking about one of them was asking if I came for my testimonial..

Anyway I can work it and get it waived cos I've got all other requirements just sec school transcript is remaining please help with idea
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by wealthkata: 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hello guys, well done the good contributions. Pls is there anyone that applied to the university of Winnipeg for masters. I would like link up with applicant to this uni. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.