Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. (15855 Views)

Serious Riot In Ariaria Aba, As Police Kills A Man - Photos / Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / This " Mbaka Why" Is Now A Slang In Onitsha Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by rhymz(m): 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2012
If I was right there at the scene where it happened, I will take the life of an hausa man as well without feeling any qualms about it. People of Onitsha should hunt them right into their caves. . .or better still send the idiots packing. I hate these fools. I dont care if any hausa person in onitsha is not to blame, that is not the point, the point here is to send a strong msg to those uncontrollable fools.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Yujin(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
It is a pity that northern security personnels are very insensitive. At this critical time, he still had the gut to pull the trigger at a harmless driver & conductor. I have said it and I will say it again. Southerners esp. Igbos have been & are still being hurt by the hausa/fulanis. Only last year, we lost 510 people to them alone yet they come down to the south to increase the number. We VALUE EACH ONE of our ppl. We cannot fold our hands & watch in forbearance anymore. There are many ppl moving in the East who saw their loved ones killed in cold blood by the hausa/fulanis without the Federal Govt. showing any concern for assistance or rehabilitation. Surely, any provocation by those same ppl. will be responded to without hesitation. We are surely heading there. May God help us all.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
A black man kills a white man in Dallas and all the white people go about killing every black man they see on the street or in their homes. Talk about civilization. And we want to be like Americans. I see.

What has Dallas got to do with Ibo, Hausa, Onitsha and police??
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by mekaboy(m): 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2012
NLANDERS ARE EVERYWHERE, ONE DAY THEY WILL REPORT AN INCIDENT IN THE MOON, AND SOMEONE ON NL WILL SAY I AM AT THE MOON RIGHT NOW , NOTHING IS HAPPENING THERE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
Do police collect toll fee for security in northern checkpoints?
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Ess: 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
mekaboy:

NLANDERS ARE EVERYWHERE, ONE DAY THEY WILL REPORT AN INCIDENT IN THE MOON, AND SOMEONE ON NL WILL SAY I AM AT THE MOON RIGHT NOW , NOTHING IS HAPPENING THERE  grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin That is funny!
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by muyoto: 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
k-ton:

Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver in Onitsha…Hoodlums Attack Hausas
Posted: February 9, 2012 - 15:14
Posted by siteadmin
caption: Bus driver killed by police
From Okodili Ndidi, Onitsha

The fragile peace in the commercial city of Onitsha was yesterday disrupted as residents took to the streets in protest of the killing of a bus driver suspected to be a member of the Movement of the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) by policemen in one of the illegal checkpoints.

According to an eyewitness account, the incident occurred when driver of a coaster bus with registration number AA 768AHD, simply identified as Edwin, escaped a checkpoint by ABS junction, and was pursued by one of the policemen who caught up with him and deflated his tires and subsequently shot him on the neck, killing him instantly.

The conductor of the bus, Samuel Ekwueme, who was weeping profusely, said that the driver, gave the policemen N20 which they refused and insisted that he should give them N50, “my oga said that he had paid in the previous trip and drove off but we did not know that one of them was following us on a motorbike and he intercepted us and shot my oga on the neck and quickly escaped”.

It was gathered that another passenger in the bus sustained bullet wounds when the trigger happy cop opened fire on the bus before he escaped.

The situation however took a dangerous turn when the angry mob comprising of drivers and okada riders, went on a rampage with the corpse of the driver , attacking Hausas and looting their shops in possible reprisal.

The bus was said to be fully loaded with passengers who took off from Nkpor junction and was heading to the Ose Main market, Onitsha when the incident happened as the passengers scampered for safety.

One of the passengers who gave her name as Ifeoma Obi told The Nation that the deceased did not do anything that warranted his murder, adding “its was just pure wickedness on the side of the policeman who because of just N20 wasted this young man’s life”

She also said that when the policeman first shot at the tires of the vehicle, the deceased who was the driver could not move again, a situation she said helped the killer cop to shoot at the deceased from closed range, shattering the glass of the vehicle.

However, the situation took an ethnic coloration as drivers and other hoodlums in the commercial city went on rampage demanding the elimination of Hausa people on the ground that the policeman who shot the deceased was a Hausa man.

The situation also escalated when the angry mob descended on the police team earlier sent by the Anambra state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Muhtari Ibrahim to reach and appeal to the rampaging crowd which led to the policemen retreating to avoid further casualties.

It was gathered that the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Central Police Station, Mr. Abdul Yusuf escaped death by the whiskers when the angry mob descended on him when he led his men to the scene of the incident.

The angry mob also went on the rampage in different parts of the commercial city hunting for Hausa people who led to many of them taking refuge at the Central Police Station, CPS and other police stations within the city, with many others around the Bridgehead crossing over to Asaba, the Delta state capital.

Reacting to the Development, the new Igbo leader, Chief Ralph Uwazurike advised the members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB not to touch any Hausa people buts should dismantle every police check points within the area with immediate effect.

According to Chief Uwazurike who spoke through his second in command, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, the dismantling of all police check point became necessary at a time when the safety of Ndigbo is no longer safe even in their land.

“ For a Hausa policeman to kill an Igbo driver here because of mere N20 shows that the policeman is a Boko Haram member but we have urged MASSOB members to leave Hausa people alone because they are not our problem, they should concentrate on dismantling all police check points within the area” he said.

Meanwhile when contacted, the Anambra state Police Commissioner, Mr. Muhtari Ibrahim said the killer cop had been arrested and will soon undergo orderly room trial and prosecution and called on the rampaging crowd to calm down as efforts to resolve the matter had commenced.

na wa O!
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by 9javoice1(m): 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2012
the hausa mopol shut the guy bcus he blv they own nigeria, the sermon he hear from the mosque this morning.

the problem is that this guys hausa/fulani's are fools, how can u do such a thing in your victims home soil and in this atmosphere.

something encourages them, the type weapons they saw in the mosque gives them hope. but time shall tell.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by bakila: 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
Sad a policeman killed a nigerian cos of N30. FUNNY educated key board tribalwarriors advocate bloodshed tht may endanger their barbaric that an unsuccesful lawya calls action against the govt. Wiked the stupid policeman may not be convicted.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by slam7000(m): 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2012
quote from bakila,

Sad a policeman killed a nigerian cos of N30. FUNNY educated key board tribalwarriors advocate bloodshed tht may endanger their barbaric that an unsuccesful lawya calls action against the govt. Wiked the silly policeman may not be convicted

I,ll prefer to sit with an unsuccesful lawyer than to consult a quack medical doctor.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by vitality22(m): 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2012
So this useless police man knows how to shoot and yet BOKO HARAM is busy killing security officers (policemen inclusive) in the northern part of Nigeria. They should send him to Kano or Kaduna to go and kill all those boko haram boys. The killer cop needs to die
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by emmke(m): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
13volts:

jeeez see igbo people dey yan like Boko haramist. Continuing killing innocent people on the slightest rumor, bear in mind that we still have close to 15million igbo still in the north. And more so when did a northern mopol equates to a hausaman. the mopol might even be from one of the cannibal tribes in Berom land of Jos.
hahahà. What language do u guys understand best? Violence for sure. Only that some people are madder than u. Great to see you have accepted that jos is berom land. The hausas in jos have since accepted that and are currently making do with their ghetto. Let jos peeps hear 'pim', lol   grin
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by ak47mann(m): 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2012
i confirmed it Hausa are getting kill,
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Valto(m): 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
wickedness in high places. what a way to waste an innocent life.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by ekwynwa: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
ak47mann:

i confirmed it Hausa are getting kill,

they kill and dump their bodies in river niger
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2012
Emzybrown:

Do police collect toll fee for security in northern checkpoints?  
They never born that police wey go collect toll fee in northern checkpoints!
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by ak47mann(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2012
One of the passengers who gave her name as Ifeoma Obi told The Nation that the deceased did not do anything that warranted his murder, adding “its was just pure wickedness on the side of the policeman who because of just N20 wasted this young man’s life”

She also said that when the policeman first shot at the tires of the vehicle, the deceased who was the driver could not move again, a situation she said helped the killer cop to shoot at the deceased from closed range, shattering the glass of the vehicle.

However, the situation took an ethnic coloration as drivers and other hoodlums in the commercial city went on rampage demanding the elimination of Hausa people on the ground that the policeman who shot the deceased was a Hausa man.

The situation also escalated when the angry mob descended on the police team earlier sent by the Anambra state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Muhtari Ibrahim to reach and appeal to the rampaging crowd which led to the policemen retreating to avoid further casualties. It was gathered that the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Central Police Station, Mr. Abdul Yusuf escaped death by the whiskers when the angry mob descended on him when he led his men to the scene of the incident.

The angry mob also went on the rampage in different parts of the commercial city hunting for Hausa people who led to many of them taking refuge at the Central Police Station, CPS and other police stations within the city, with many others around the Bridgehead crossing over to Asaba, the Delta state capital.Reacting to the Development, the new Igbo leader, Chief Ralph Uwazurike advised the members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB not to touch any Hausa people buts should dismantle every police check points within the area with immediate effect.

According to Chief Uwazurike who spoke through his second in command, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, the dismantling of all police check point became necessary at a time when the safety of Ndigbo is no longer safe even in their land. “ For a Hausa policeman to kill an Igbo driver here because of mere N20 shows that the policeman is a Boko Haram member but we have urged MASSOB members to leave Hausa people alone because they are not our problem, they should concentrate on dismantling all police check points within the area” he said.

Meanwhile when contacted, the Anambra state Police Commissioner, Mr. Muhtari Ibrahim said the killer cop had been arrested and will soon undergo orderly room trial and prosecution and called on the rampaging crowd to calm down as effort to resolve the matter in place,six dead Hausa bodies was found in akwa road,
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Uchmonia(m): 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2012
it is true that a police man killed a man in onitsha, i just made a call now to comfirm the story and it is true .
cry cry cry
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by manny4life(m): 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2012
Seriously, they need to license carrying of guns, Igbo youths need to form their own vigilante group and go after these policemen secretly. For how long will this continue to happen? angry angry angry
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by ifygod20(m): 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2012
Why on earth will he shoot an igbo driver because of ten naira,dos he thinks dat onitsha is kano state.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Onlytruth(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
The Nigerian Police seige of Igboland needs to end ASAP.
This seige has been there since after the war, and no government has done anything about it. Now this! undecided angry

I told my brothers that "Boko Haram" may be a multi-stage operation, the end of which we are yet to know.

Anybody who thinks that a Hausa mobile police man would kill a driver or trader in Onitsha this mindlessly (without a hidden agenda), needs to have his head examined.
They know we are not happy and are angry about our folks killed in the North. Now they are (IMHO) pushing us in our own land.

This is really a time to call on ALL security operatives to go back to their own regions.
This situation is getting more and more dangerous, especially for us Igbo who are being naive and going about our business as if all is well.
The "Boko Haram" operatives needs to leave Igboland IMMEDIATELY. angry
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by arewatech(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2012
Hope my kano people would not do same to the 3 million Igbos (though some have left) in sabongari.

Its time to alert my friend/classmate (Uchenna) to be vigilant.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Dede1(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
There is yarning need to arm Ndigbo as the northern political leaders have armed almjiris in the northern region however the so-called Igbo politicians c.um leaders seemed to be asleep on duty like Ironsi.

I do not spend a day in Nigeria without being armed to the teeth. Sometimes I get twisted out human form when Uwazuruike preaches about non-violence MASSOB.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by arewatech(m): 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2012
And for the police men,

Collect toll for security checks inside kano city Them no even born him mama. Only for south this craze dey happen.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2012
Onlytruth:

The Nigerian Police seige of Igboland needs to end ASAP.
This seige has been there since after the war, and no government has done anything about it. Now this!  undecided angry

I told my brothers that "Boko Haram" may be a multi-stage operation, the end of which we are yet to know.

Anybody who thinks that a Hausa mobile police man would kill a driver or trader in Onitsha this mindlessly (without a hidden agenda), needs to have his head examined.
They know we are not happy and are angry about our folks killed in the North. Now they are (IMHO) pushing us in our own land.

This is really a time to call on ALL security operatives to go back to their own regions.
This situation is getting more and more dangerous, especially for us Igbo who are being naive and going about our business as if all is well.
The "Boko Haram" operatives needs to leave Igboland IMMEDIATELY.  angry

seconded.we have people at the top in government right now,all hausa/fulani soldiers in SE should be redeployed to other zones.this harassment of our people and treatment of SE as a war zone has to end.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by executinal(m): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2012
The earlier the IGBO realize that one Nigeria is not possible with this terrorists the better. IGBO folks always forgive and forget and face their normal business, but this condemned leaving terrorist keep on pushing us to war. Sanusi has said it all. My prayer is lets no witness anything called war again, else it will be pure bloody. IGBO of yesterday is not the-same IGBO of today. Nigeria people leave my people alone, stop pulling our leg.  angry angry
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by yoboone(m): 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
BY VINCENT UJUMADU
AWKA- VIOLENT protest sparked off in Onitsha, the commercial city of Anambra State Thursday, over the killing of a commercial bus driver simply identified as Edwin by a trigger happy policeman for failing to part with N50 tip.

According to the conductor of the bus, Samuel Ekwueme who was crying uncontrollably, the police, at Anambra State Broadcasting  Service (ABS) Awka Road Onitsha junction check point, had stopped the Coaster bus driver with registration number AA 763 AHB and asked for N50 tip, but the driver gave him the normal N20.

The policeman said to be a Hausa man refused and insisted on collecting N50, but was told by the driver that they just came out and that they should allow them to go and come back.

The conductor said: “The policemen insisted that we must give them N50 before we move. The driver, after pleading with the unyielding policemen, drove off and one of them entered a commercial motorcycle and accosted us at Anionwu street by New Market Road Onitsha where he shot the driver through the bus window and ordered the commercial motorcyclist carrying him to move for him to escape.”

The killing of the driver exploded the bottled up anger of residents of Onitsha and the fragile peace in the state that have lost over 30 people to the bombing and shooting of the Boko Haram  as residents took to the streets in protest of the killing of  the bus driver said to be member of the Movement  for  the Actualization of the Sovereign  State of Biafra (MASSOB).

It was gathered that four passenger in the bus sustained bullet wounds while others in an attempt to escape sustained serious injuries when the bus became uncontrollable following the shooting of the driver by the trigger happy cop.

The situation however took a dangerous turn when angry mob comprising of drivers and commercial motorcyclist popularly known as ‘okada riders’ went on rampage with the corpse of the driver, for reprisal attack on Hausas people in Onitsha.

The  bus was said to be fully loaded with passengers who took off from Nkpor junction and was heading to the Ose Okwodu and Onitsha  Main Market,  when the incident happened.

One of the passengers who gave her name as Ifeoma Obi told Vanguard  that “the deceased did not do anything that warranted his killing, adding it was just sheer wickedness on the side of the policeman who because of just N50 wasted this young man’s life”

She also said that when the policeman first demobilized the bus by shooting at the tires of the vehicle and it could not move again, a situation she said helped the killer cop to shoot at the deceased from the window on closed range after shattering the glass of the vehicle.

The killing took an ethnic sentiment  as Coaster drivers and angry mob in Onitsha went on rampage demanding the killing of Hausa people on the ground that the policeman who shot the deceased was a Hausa man.

The situation also escalated when angry mob descended on the police team earlier sent by the Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Muhtari Ibrahim to come and appeal to the rampaging crowd as the team were almost lynched but for the intervention of MASSOB Director of Information, Mr Uchenna Madu who pleaded with the aggrieved protesters that their leader Chief Ralph Uwazurike is against any reprisal attack.

The Onitsha Ploice acting Area Commander, Mr Roland Omatoje and the  Divisional Police Officer in charge of Central Police Station, Onitsha Mr. Abdul Yusuf escaped death by the whiskers when the angry mob descended on them when they led their men to the scene of the incident .

Reacting to the development, MASSOB leader, Chief Ralph Uwazurike advised his members not to touch any Hausa man but should dismantle every police check point within the zone with immediate effect.

Uwazurike who spoke through his director of information, Mr Uchenna Madu said dismantling of all police check point has became imperative at a time when the security of Ndigbo was no longer safe even in their land.

He however, urged MASSOB members to leave Hausa people alone and concentrate on dismantling all police check points within the zone”.

When contacted, the Anambra State Police Commissioner, Mr. Muhtari Ibrahim said the killer cop had been arrested and would soon undergo orderly room trail and prosecution. He called on the rampaging mob to calm down as efforts to settle the matter had commenced.

Source=vanguard
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
Igbos will never listen.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by manchy7531: 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
Information reaching 247ureports.com from Onitsha, Anambra indicate that a riot has broken out between the Hausa traders staged at the head bridge in Onitsha and the Igbo residents.

Unofficial State Security Services [SSS] report have it that 4 persons have been killed in the fight.

According to available information, the fight started at 1:30pm following a misunderstanding between the police stationed at the head bridge and one of the commercial bus drivers operating at the head bridge. The police was said to have been hitting the driver’s bus with his AK47 riffle – and it then got stuck in the bus. As the police officer struggled to retrieve his riffle, the driver of the bus pulled away with his vehicle dragging the police officer in the process. The police officer’s partner, upon sighting his partner being dragged, fired his riffle and shot the driver dead instantly.

The officers were northerners and the driver was an Igbo man.

The bridge head area immediately, turned deadly. The Igbo drivers and traders became angry and began attacking the police stations within the environs. They also targeted their anger at the Hausa traders trading at “Abatoir” – stating that since the Hausa peple have been killing the south easterners in north – that they remained calm – but today they are seeking revenge.

According to an SSS officer staged in Onitsha, the military and the police has reacted to dispatch anti-riot squad to the head bridge area to stop the riot. The SSS added however that as at 2:30pm that the security men have not been able to stop the rioting.

stay tuned
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by ChinenyeN(m): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
Conspiracy - BOKO HAREM ALLEGEDLY MAKING MOVES AGAINST MASSOB
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by rhymz(m): 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2012
I don talk my own already, if my people want these systematic killings and deliberate murder to of the Igbos to stop, we must, as a neccessity kill at least 4 to 5 hausa people for every Igbo person that is slain or killed by the Hausa-fulani killing machine. This is not the time to preach civility and uneccessary peace talk, obviously, we have gone past that stage. . Now it is kill or be killed. There is no greater revenge than a reprisal 5times the provocation. Hausa people Must, I repeat it again, MUST Die to avenge this Igbo man killed in his own home by a foreigner. Those people talking about peace should wait until they lose a relative to the cold hands of these idiots who lately have seen it as a fancy responsibilty to systematically decimate the nyamiris in readiness of an inevitable war that is pending.
The murderer that calls himself a police will get off the hook and prolly kill another Igbo somewhere else. These guys are all thesame from their commissioners, DPO to the idiots mounting roadblocks on our high ways, they have this sense of entitlement like anyone owes them anything, the Southeast in particular has been a target for extortion, every mile has a police check point where they forcefully extort hardworking Igbo men.
Igbos be wise, this was not a mistake, neither was it not planned or has the tacit backing of the Hausa-political killing agenda, there is a strong link here with BokoHaram. Have you all wondered why of all the people they are supposed to post to the east, it always has to be hausa soldiers, policemen and other forces of hausa extraction, they want to contain us, move swiftly to save their people from retaliation when their brothers kill Igbos up north. I implore every Igbo youth to as a matter of urgency, arm themselves and deal with any hausa person they see around, kill them for they will do thesame or infact, are doing thesdame to your kiths and kins up north, dont let them preach peace to you, give them a mark that will help them preach to their own brothers. Take over their space and send them packing. They are nothing but cockroaches that deserve nothing but serious squashing little wonder even God is punishing them and plaguing them with the worst form of body defect and mental incapacitation.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by bulksms247(m): 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2012
Cleaning my MPG for anoda round of 1966. Why kill de igbos in their father land. I smell 1966 round the corner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Apologises, Promised To Release 1500 Trucks Daily.. / FG To Reveal Account Details Of IPOB Sponsors / Ngohemba Lydia Utsaha Agaigbe's Thugs Beat Man To The Point Of Death. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.