Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano (11305 Views)

I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu / Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri / Petrol Station Manager Killed By Gunmen In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by soma042(m): 11:51am On Feb 10, 2012
Gunmen kill man for publicly criticising Boko Haram

On February 10, 2012 · In News Tweet
KANO  (AFP) – Gunmen in Nigeria’s flashpoint city of Kano on Thursday shot dead a man known for publicly criticising Boko Haram Islamists, blamed for a series of recent attacks in the area, residents said.

Alhaji Muhammadu, 60, was shot by two men riding on motorcycles as he left a mosque in the Hoton Fulani area Kano city. He died in hospital.

“We had just finished our evening prayers and he was heading home when two men on motorcycles stopped close to him and shot him twice before they drove off,” resident Maikudi Danlami said.

“They were from all indication members of Boko Haram because after shooting him they said, ‘let’s see how you are going to be critical of us. Let’s see what your boasting can achieve,” said Danlami, who witnessed the shooting.

A nurse at a local hospital said Muhammadu “was shot twice at close range.”

Residents said that Muhammadu was known for openly criticising Boko Haram, who have claimed a series of attacks in Kano, including a January 20 assault that killed at least 185.

“He never hid his aversion to Boko Haram and would voice his disapproval of the sect publicly,” said Hasan Kawu, another resident.

The Boko Haram insurgency has already claimed more than 200 lives this year. The Islamists have largely struck at the police and other symbols of authority, but Christians have also been targeted.

In a leaflet distributed around Kano last month, Boko Haram said it would target anyone who “collaborates” against the group, “even if he is a Muslim

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/gunmen-kill-man-for-publicly-criticising-boko-haram/
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by slimghost(m): 11:57am On Feb 10, 2012
[s]As long as they are killing their fellow Hausa's. no problems.[/s]
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by manmustwac(m): 11:59am On Feb 10, 2012
So when boko haram killed this man do they think they were sending him to paradise (where he will get 72 virgins) or hellfire for critisizing boko haram or they don't just care because killing him was just a form of revenge?
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by Arosa(m): 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2012
@slimghost, don't say that again. This man spoke against evil. He was a hero and should be respected even in death.  sad

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2012
No wonder those imbeciles wanted soyinka dead.Why kill a fellow muslim if truly boko haram is protecting the interest of muslims ? Idiots.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by slimghost(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2012
Arosa:

@slimghost, don't say that again. This man spoke against evil. He was a hero and should be respected even at death.  sad

I never disrespected the man. My point is: BH is Muslims shit and they should pack their shit themselves. Let'em leave Xtians outta it.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by 13volts(m): 12:36pm On Feb 10, 2012
Yet some fools will come out and rant rubbish saying all muslins support BOKO HARAM. see what criticizing BOKO HARAM has cost this man where is police or jtf. You can see why majority decision to keep mute on this BOKO HARAM issue.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by jpilata(m): 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2012
He died as a great man for saying the truth, RIP
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
May his gentle soul rest in peace o
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by claremont(m): 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
slimghost:

I never disrespected the man. My point is: BH is Muslims poo and they should pack their poo themselves. Let'em leave Xtians outta it.
You have spoken like a true Christian, it takes religion to make a human being utter like you have!
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by uglybetty: 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2012
rest in peace niggar (rip) for telling the truth.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2012
Politically and religiously motivated.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by kizito96(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
This is unbecoming
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2012
@ slimghost

And you think Christianity is this judeo-paganism you are practicing. Well it's unfortunate that we have too many of you in Nigeria claiming to be Christians. Do you remember the story of the tax collector and the pharisee in the temple. The Pharisee was screaming that he was better than the tax collector while the tax collector was remorse before God. You sound like a pharisee here.

And I have seen many of your kind writing articles claiming all Muslims are bokoharam and beating the drum of religious war.

It's only in religion you compare yourselves seeking for who is better. In Christianity you submit to God and seek to do his will. Telling the truth at all times and doing to others what you want them to do unto you while loving your God and preparing for persecution as Jesus said.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by jmaine: 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2012
slimghost:

As long as they are killing their fellow Hausa's. no problems.

slimghost:

I never disrespected the man. My point is: BH is Muslims poo and they should pack their poo themselves. Let'em leave Xtians outta it.

Please
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by Ekans: 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2012
At the end time,brothers will rise against brothers,so says the holy book.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by MarcAnthon(m): 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
belabela:

@ slimghost

And you think Christianity is this judeo-paganism you are practicing. Well it's unfortunate that we have too many of you in Nigeria claiming to be Christians. Do you remember the story of the tax collector and the pharisee in the temple. The Pharisee was screaming that he was better than the tax collector while the tax collector was remorse before God. You sound like a pharisee here.

And I have seen many of your kind writing articles claiming all Muslims are bokoharam and beating the drum of religious war.

It's only in religion you compare yourselves seeking for who is better. In Christianity you submit to God and seek to do his will. Telling the truth at all times and doing to others what you want them to do unto you while loving your God and preparing for persecution as Jesus said.

Nice one man. A lot of these folks speak out of crass ignorance. The man died a hero for speaking up against evil and should be judged as such. Whether it was perpetrated by his fellow muslims or hausas should be immaterial. The way some folks reason is really alarming!
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by vykte(m): 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2012
boko idiots!, it's purely political, Xtian and muslim bigots would cash in on this thread! MORONS of the first order!
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by Beaf: 2:08pm On Feb 10, 2012
God bless Alhaji Muhammadu for speaking out. May his soul rest in peace.
He was gunned down by cowards who shot an unarmed man; I pray that the govt takes care of his family, even if compensation will not bring back a loved one.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by kunletech: 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2012
RIP, U died saying the truth.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by kaiter: 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
what criticizing BOKO HARAM has cost this man where is police or jtf. You can see why majority decision to keep mute on this BOKO HARAM issue.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by ChefMike(m): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2012
May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by adamaw2tuf: 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2012
UBANGIJI ALLAH YA KARA MA KA DA HUTU MALLAMI NA R.I.P
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by eghost247(m): 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2012
slimghost:

As long as they are killing their fellow Hausa's. no problems.
if u don't know what to say then don't just post rubbish
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by unclebros: 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
As a Christian I respect the Alhaji that openly spoke out against BH, unlike most of our leaders  who are scared to even mentioned the name Boko publicly. At least the Alhaji was not scared and he died speaking the truth.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by abujub(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2012
u see dat is why people in the north don't criticise BH publicly because if u do u are a dead, so anyone dat do and is not beyond their reach will be eliminated. be it a muslim or christian.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by Rich4god(m): 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2012
RIP Alhaji Mohd, am sure by God's grace, the people of kano will fully turn against boko haram, and dats mark the end of their threat.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by lucom: 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2012
RIP Alhaji, you died for just saying the truth, you are a hero on my mind even in death.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by Wislet(f): 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

You have spoken like a true Christian, it takes religion to make a human being utter like you have!
Christianity is not a relligion, it is a way of life.
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by Rhino4dm: 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by babaowo: 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
make dem dey kill demsefs oooo!!!
Re: Boko Haram Critic Killed By Gunmen In Kano by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

I refer you to my signature, I hope you'll learn without expressing ego as others do here wink

Wislet:

Christianity is not a relligion, it is a way of life.

Thank you, but how come I didn't see his err!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale / How Terrorists Are Taking Charge Of Borno’s Ungoverned Spaces, Highways / Niger Bridge: It’ll Be Wrong To Say Buhari Neglected South-East - Uzodimma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.