Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims (8381 Views)

Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos / Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege / Bayelsa Governor Hires World’s Most Ruthless Hackers For N100M To Hack Computers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by bamosagie(m): 12:49pm On Feb 11, 2012
Under OBJ, which CBN guvnor go try dis nonesence. Let's see what Jonathan the President would do.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by maasoap(m): 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2012
The scale of destruction of lives and properties in Kano was enormous and no any other attack is comparable to it. The man hail from Kano, a pure coincidence. The constitutional right of CBN to donate, I don't know. But you definitely can't question the moral right of the CBN to do so. All of you criticizing the gesture are religious bigots. That is the peak of religious intolerance we're talking about. If this donation has been to a state in your region, will all of you be crying the same way you're doing now? These are the people that were defending Erastus and Ibru then, now they just discovered that they're in the same league with Sanusi. Hypocrites.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by maasoap(m): 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2012
The scale of destruction of lives and properties in Kano was enormous and no any other attack is comparable to it. The man hail from Kano, a pure coincidence. The constitutional right of CBN to donate, I don't know. But you definitely can't question the moral right of the CBN to do so. All of you criticizing the gesture are religious bigots. That is the peak of religious intolerance we're talking about. If this donation has been to a state in your region, will all of you be crying the same way you're doing now? These are the people that were defending Erastus and Ibru then, now they just discovered that they're in the same league with Sanusi. Hypocrites.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by bamosagie(m): 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2012
The scale of destruction of lives and properties in Kano was enormous and no any other attack is comparable to it. The man hail from Kano, a pure coincidence. The constitutional right of CBN to donate, I don't know. But you definitely can't question the moral right of the CBN to do so. All of you criticizing the gesture are religious bigots. That is the peak of religious intolerance we're talking about. If this donation has been to a state in your region, will all of you be crying the same way you're doing now? These are the people that were defending Erastus and Ibru then, now they just discovered that they're in the same league with Sanusi. Hypocrites. Point is SLS have no right to donate tax payers money to any state, Moslem or Christian. It is about by professionalism, SLS can donate 100 billion naira of his own money to boko haram if he so wish & it will be nobody's business
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Yujin(m): 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2012
Donating money to victims of terrorist attacks is a good gesture & should be encouraged. However, the source of the money should be devoid of any scandal. Ones philantropism could start at anytime & as such, ppl should not be quick to condemn him bearing in mind that he is from kano. But I am not surprised reading this because he is even up to more sinister things as many of utterrances have revealed.
Check out what this websites says about him.
www.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by 1virus(m): 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2012
This's the exact reason i love hausas (unity). some say na them mumu pass, sorry u are wrong. They act with full confident. I bet u guy no body will quary him 4 this. Our brother soludo spend all his time as cbn gov without eny plan 4 his IGBO brother. Enjoy your FRESH AIR.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by anonimi: 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2012
bamosagie:

Point is SLS have no right to [size=13pt]donate tax payers[/size] money to any state, Moslem or Christian. It is about by professionalism, SLS can donate 100 billion naira of his own money to boko haram if he so wish & it will be nobody's business

Thank you for saying it very nicely.
I hope clueless, cassava-bread-eating Joe will sack the imam in CBN for this brazen act of bigotry.

How much did the CBN donate to the Plateau state government for the victims of cattle rearers attacks

Did anyone hear of the huge sum that Sanusi's CBN donated to victims of BH xmas day attack wgo were recently buried in Anambra state

[size=14pt]2012 - year of VIGILANCE for Victory (V4V)[/size]
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Yujin(m): 1:50pm On Feb 11, 2012
www.
Moderator, this is just a newspaper website-check it out yourself.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by sleekman(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2012
This is absolutely criminal. A gross misuse of the powers of his office. He should be sacked immediately. He has absolutely no right to do that. COURT CASE COMING!
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by jege456: 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2012
@ Petaling - right on point bro!
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by ReachRich(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2012
Are u interested in buyiny a JAMB scanner
that works offline & online?
If u are in any of these locations & in
need of the scanner call for delivery :
Aba,Umuahia,Owerri or its environs.Am
selling it at a discount. Call me on 08036616829.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by PointB: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2012
what is the country turning into? This act of sanusi is the height of bigotry and acme of nepostism. The earlier this self professed bigot is removed as CBN governor, the better.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2012
With a personality like Sanusi, I won't be surprised if the story is true.

For those who are arguing in favour of the donation, the CBN is the Bankers Bank, an umpire that must be neutral at all levels.

That was why we said that the introduction of the "Islamic Banking" was wrong.

The CBN as an unbiased umpire should give the guidelines for non interest banking. Islamic banking can come under that those guidelines. When the CBN started talking about "not used for Pork or liquor sales", then we have a problem. Those specifics should come from Islamic Banks themselves and not from the CBN. The CBN is ICBN: Islamic Central Bank of Nigeria.

Some of us have been consistent from day one that the man was strategically pushed to the CBN by his constituency.
I can't wait for his tenure to be over.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by hercules07: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2012
PLEASE ALL OF YOU SHOULD TAKE HIM TO COURT. Why are you guys venting here, he is the second coming of the devil, infact he is devil incarnate, why not just sue him, you know if Gani was alive he would have done so, what are you guys waiting for, sue him.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Kobojunkie: 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2012
I am lost for words. From Governors or Head of institutions . . . . why is money belonging to tax payers now being donated willy nilly? CBN donates? Agency supposed to help manage our finances now donates a portion of it as it chooses? Or is this report wrong? I mean I can understand Sanusi donating his own money, but donating money from the CB?  undecided undecided undecided
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by PHIPEX(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2012
maasoap:

Get ur facts right, it was reported that about 350 people were killed in Benue when Tiv and Fulani herdsmen clashed, while about 185 were killed in Kano. Is CBN only interested in BH victims?
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by manny4life(m): 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2012
This is the point where he's forcefully REMOVED and brought to justice, angry angry angry angry where is the President and Attorney-General when you need them? embarassed embarassed embarassed. I don't think the CBN Constitution supports this act of bigotry. undecided undecided undecided
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by nduchucks: 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am lost for words. From Governors or Head of institutions . . . . why is money belonging to tax payers now being donated willy nilly? CBN donates? Agency supposed to help manage our finances now donates a portion of it as it chooses? Or is this report wrong? I mean I can understand Sanusi donating his own money, but donating money from the CB?  undecided undecided undecided

The governors are the ones misusing state funds.  Sadly, the CBN has billions of dollars in its "legal" budget which it uses to fund various activities and making donations such the one to Boko Haram victims.

These activities are classified as community programs of the CBN  and  categorized into four streams – University Aid, Govt & Professionals, Sports, and Other Aids. Believe it or not, some of the programs include Lawn Tennis, CBN Governor’s Golf Cup, All Financial Institutions Football Competition, Library Services,  Aid to Boko Haram victims e.t.c. cheesy

Please read this published information about CBN with special attention to the community programs section. SMH
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by hercules07: 3:11pm On Feb 11, 2012
@ndu_chucks

Why are you doing this now, let them continue to shout to the rooftops, as if past CBN governors have not been empowered to do the same thing, abeg let them go to court.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by manny4life(m): 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The governors are the ones misusing state funds.  Sadly, the CBN has billions of dollars in its "legal" budget which it uses to fund various activities and making donations such the one to Boko Haram victims.

These activities are classified as community programs of the CBN  and  categorized into four streams – University Aid, Govt & Professionals, Sports, and Other Aids. Believe it or not, some of the programs include Lawn Tennis, CBN Governor’s Golf Cup, All Financial Institutions Football Competition, Library Services,  Aid to Boko Haram victims e.t.c. cheesy

Please read this published information about CBN with special attention to the community programs section. SMH

Go on, clap for yourself

I'm sure under that same "CBN Act of 2007 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria" gives guidance on what "other aids" means.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2012

Central Bank of Nigeria - Community Programs:
The community programs of the CBN can be categorized into four streams – University Aid, Govt & Professionals, Sports, and Other Aids:

The Nigerian University Capacity Building Programme
  Lawn Tennis
  All Financial Institutions Football Competition
  CBN Governor’s Golf Cup
  National Assembly
  Financial Institutions Training Centre
  Economic and Financial Crime Commission
  Seminar for Finance Correspondents and Business Editors
  Investment and Securities Tribunal
  Professional Institutions
  Economic and Financial Data Management and Dissemination
Library Services

http://finance.mapsofworld.com/banks/central-bank-nigeria.html
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by psalmizt(m): 4:56pm On Feb 11, 2012
Central Bank of Nigeria - Community Programs:
The community programs of the CBN can be categorized into four streams – University Aid, Govt & Professionals, Sports, and Other Aids:
The Nigerian University Capacity Building Programme
Lawn Tennis
All Financial Institutions Football Competition
CBN Governor’s Golf Cup
National Assembly
Financial Institutions Training Centre
Economic and Financial Crime Commission
Seminar for Finance Correspondents and Business Editors
Investment and Securities Tribunal
Professional Institutions
Economic and Financial Data Management and Dissemination
Library Services
http://finance.mapsofworld.com/banks/central-bank-nigeria.html

I do not see anything there that states the CBN governor can unilaterally appropriate 100million naira to a state especially when other states like Borno, Gombe, Kaduna, Niger have all had their fair share of violence, This guy needs to be taught a lesson,
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Yinkay: 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
Julius Ceasar might as well be complaining of Sanusi to Anthony instead of Cassiuss

CEASAR
Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius Sanusi has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
ANTONY
Fear him not, Caesar; he's not dangerous;
He is a noble Roman  Prince and well given.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by jumobi1(m): 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2012
If the law permits this act then the law should be rewritten. This is unconstitutional. He might as well as the CBN to any state and get kickbacks later. Nigeria is grossly mismanaged.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by bittyend(m): 5:39pm On Feb 11, 2012
I laugh in Nigeria. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who are Nigerians:

- The most corrupt people in the world
- The most white washed people in the world
- The most bigoted people in the world
- The most religious people in the world
- The most tribalist people in the world

Nigeria: land of poverty, ugliness, religious fanatics, 419ers, slaves, uncle toms etc,
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by icnsystem(m): 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2012
I still can not understand if the CBN governor is empowered by law to donate CBN fund.Sanusi has on several occasions displayed very deep sense of misjudgment and sentiments.Nigeria is doomed with these set of people controlling the levers of power.What a tragedy!
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2012
I've always suspected any Northerner at the helms of power - if it is about compensation, how about other states that witnessed bombings? How about Jos? These Northerners give reasons for Nigeria to dissolve almost everyday.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Dede1(m): 6:16pm On Feb 11, 2012
@POST

This is the height and worse case of nepotism. Sometimes, I tend to appreciate the actions of the Mohammedans from northern region of Nigeria. What an arrant nonsense. CBN donating money to Kano State government because of actions of deluded fellow Islamized maggot. How much money was donated to Niger State when Abuja and surrounding real estates were bombed out by Boko Haram?
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by PeeDaVinci: 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
if wat is written in this report is true, then, this is wrong, this is very very wrong
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by nsiadi: 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2012
Who supervises CBN?
Cant some one tell Sanusi he has no right to exceed his limits
This con man kept saying derivation principle is core cause of B H activities
Now he is doling out money to assist his people
If he had given out something to Mandalla victims most of us could hv kept mum
Why the lopsided action?
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 11, 2012
its to
OCCUPY CBN
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by abokine: 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2012
So giving 100m to boko haram victims is wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Begin Taking Delivery Of State-of-the-art Mi35m Helicopters / Asset Declaration: Supreme Court Decides Saraki’s Fate Today / List Of Development Topics (How To Move Nigeria Forward)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.