Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims (8378 Views)

Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos / Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege / Bayelsa Governor Hires World’s Most Ruthless Hackers For N100M To Hack Computers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by goggs(m): 9:22pm On Feb 11, 2012
bamosagie:

The scale of destruction of lives and properties in Kano was enormous and no any other attack is comparable to it. The man hail from Kano, a pure coincidence. The constitutional right of CBN to donate, I don't know. But you definitely can't question the moral right of the CBN to do so. All of you criticizing the gesture are religious bigots. That is the peak of religious intolerance we're talking about. If this donation has been to a state in your region, will all of you be crying the same way you're doing now? These are the people that were defending Erastus and Ibru then, now they just discovered that they're in the same league with Sanusi. Hypocrites.  Point is SLS have no right to donate tax payers money to any state, Moslem or Christian. It is about by professionalism, SLS can donate 100 billion naira of his own money to boko haram if he so wish & it will be nobody's business

My brother be fair now! Which attack is comparable to the one happening to BORNO STATE? or YOBE STATE? haba. How many lives were lost in those two states? Are they less human?

And there is something called ethics. Sanusi is from Kano and he should not have made CBN donate to Kano when there are other states who deserved it more. Just because others are doing it doesn't make it right. He is the Governor of the Central Bank of NIGERIA not Central Bank of Kano
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by aurenflani: 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2012
good job sanusi. atleast it is better than stealing and carrying d money to campaign for governor so as to continue with d stealing. sukas will continue but d lion prince does not care if there are monkeys on d tree.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Dede1(m): 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2012
If a person can not smell the nepotistic behavior in Sanusi’s action in donating N100m to kano State, the person should not venture a question. Plateau and Bauchi States have bore the brunt of idiotic acts of Boko Haram which Sanusi is a member, yet the Sanusi, the jihadist, did not see it feat to donate to those state. People should bear in mind that the patented Islamized dingbat is also from Kano State.

There have been massacres of innocent citizens in Plateau, Bauchi, Niger and Adamawa States before Kano debacle. It is really human that Sanusi had easily forgotten the Anambra State's families of victims to the senseless undertaken of Boko Haram.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Ddaji(m): 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2012
The attidute of christain in this country is highly amazing.Sanusi religious bigot?How much CAN was collecting during soludu's time as CBN Gov.in the name using christian centre as CBN parking space,despite the fact there is enought parking space in the CBN premises .morethan N100 million annually.what do call that?
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by anonimi: 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2012
bamosagie:

The man hail from Kano, a pure coincidence.

Coincidence as in SLS did not know he is from kano state when he made the donation from OUR money
Care to explain further please?

The constitutional right of CBN to donate, I don't know. But you definitely can't question the moral right of the CBN to do so.

It would seem from the extracts of the CBN Act (?) on Community Programmes there may be a legal basis for what SLS did. However the fact that he ONLY donated such a humonguous amount to ONLY victims in his own state is morally and ethically wrong.
Since it may be difficult to prosecute him on the basis of the current CBN Act (?) it would be more appropriate for fellow citizens to petition their NASS Senators and Representatives seeking:

1.  an enquiry into the alleged donation
2. compel SLS to refund the money
3. amend the CBN Act (?) to make it difficult for such bigoted donations to occur anymore.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by anonimi: 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2012
Ddaji:

How much CAN was collecting during soludu's time as CBN Gov.in the name using christian centre as CBN [size=13pt]parking space[/size],despite the fact there is enought parking space in the CBN premises .morethan N100 million annually.what do call that?

Was there [size=13pt]value (service/product)[/size] received by the CBN for the payment made by Soludo?

What value has the CBN received for this =N=100 million of OUR money paid ONLY to Kano state victims of BH
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Ddaji(m): 10:09pm On Feb 11, 2012
@anonimi.Mts, over N100Million to a small parking space and you are talking of value for money.Abeg give better reason to depend your christian bigot soludu.The money is backdoor donation to CAN.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by anonimi: 10:21pm On Feb 11, 2012
Ddaji:

@anonimi.Mts, over N100Million to a small parking space and you are talking of value for money.Abeg give better reason to depend your christian bigot soludu.The money is backdoor donation to CAN.

You did not give the size of the parking space in m2 and what the going rate for similar space is. Or did you?
Moreover, the question of whether the buyer and seller had a fair exchange of value for money is very subjective, as we have different appreciation of specific goods and services. I imagine you would be outraged that our ancestors sold their brothers and sisters into slavery to the white man for mirror, lousy clothing items, guns, gunpowder etc. Just like the brothers of Joseph sold him into slavery to Arabs in Egypt for a pittance as recorded in the Bible and most likely the Koran, which copies the Old Testament verbatim.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by psalmizt(m): 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2012
Ddaji:

The attidute of christain in this country is highly amazing.Sanusi religious bigot?How much CAN was collecting during soludu's time as CBN Gov.in the name using  christian centre as CBN parking space,despite the fact there is enought parking space in the CBN premises .morethan N100 million annually.what do call that?  

The level of bigotry in this country is ALARMING!!! So now 2 wrongs make a right shey? Why didn't you bring this topic up when you were privy to such information. And by the way, the issue here is opening daylight disregard for the feelings of people. Lemme ask a question, what do you expect the people of Borno state or even Plateau to do considering the fact that they have had to cope with Boko Haram bombings for over a year now, No wonder this country can't move forward because of backward thinking people like yourself and self acclaimed Jihadist like Sanusi Lamido Sanusi,
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by edogirl2: 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2012
what seems strange to me is how he has politicised the office of the cbn governor, quite unlike anything i've seen before. when he's not openly telling us 'yorubas are at the root of nigeria's problems,' he's busy telling cnn that revenue sharing formula that favours southern states is one of the reasons behind boko haram. and now, a highly politicised donation. god knows d pple of kano needs all d help they can get, but why focus on your state only. the fact this guy gets away with all these strange actions reinforces the point of those who say jonathan is a weak president. sanusi operates outside his remit at will, just like the president of his own little fiefdom.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
does the CBN answer to anybody at all?

Honestly when did it become the remit of CBN to engage in relief programmes like these?

Sanusi said about imbalance in revenue distribution and it seems he is redistributing it through the back door.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by hercules07: 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
@edo girl

You are struggling with timelines here, the yoruba issue was before he became cbn governor, the sharing formula thing has been debated to death, I believe inequality leads to social problems but it is not the chief reason for Boko Haram and he never claimed it was. The CBN act allows him to do all of this, the CBN sponsors some things that are dominated by southerners and no one hears a thing, immediately he does something for his people up north it becomes a problem.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by psalmizt(m): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2012
edo.girl:

what seems strange to me is how
1. he has politicised the office of the cbn governor, quite unlike anything i've seen before.
2. when he's not openly telling us 'yorubas are at the root of nigeria's problems,' he's busy telling cnn that revenue sharing formula that favours southern states is one of the reasons behind boko haram. and now,
3. a highly politicised donation. god knows d pple of kano needs all d help they can get, but why focus on your state only.
the fact this guy gets away with all these strange actions reinforces the point of those who say jonathan is a weak president. sanusi operates outside his remit at will, just like the president of his own little fiefdom.    
GBAM
anonimi:

Moreover, the question of whether the buyer and seller had a fair exchange of value for money is very subjective, as we have different appreciation of specific goods and services. I imagine you would be outraged that our ancestors sold their brothers and sisters into slavery to the white man for mirror, lousy clothing items, guns, gunpowder etc. Just like the brothers of Joseph sold him into slavery to Arabs in Egypt for a pittance as recorded in the Bible and most likely the Koran, which copies the Old Testament verbatim.

There 's no point rationalising whether there was a fair exchange or not, Bringing up such issue is openly supporting a wrong because you feel like another wrong was committed sometime back.
On the old testament copying, quick correction, it is not verbatim, they modified the stories, read Noah (Nuh) , or Joseph (yusuf), I know this is not a religious page but I had to point that out to you,
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by psalmizt(m): 10:32pm On Feb 11, 2012
hercules07:

@edo girl

You are struggling with timelines here, the yoruba issue was before he became cbn governor, the sharing formula thing has been debated to death, I believe inequality leads to social problems but it is not the chief reason for Boko Haram and he never claimed it was. T[b]he CBN act allows him to do all of this, the CBN sponsors some things that are dominated by southerners and no one hears a thing, immediately he does something for his people up north it becomes a problem.[/b] angry angry angry angry angry

Bros you are missing the point all together, What we are saying now is 1. The CBN because of its position should not be involved in stuffs like Relief Programmes, For God sake there are tonnes of agencies saddled with such responsibility. 2. Even If the CBN decides to give out relief, why didn't they include all the other states that have had to live with the menace of Boko Haram? Why single out Kano state? What statement is he trying to make or pass acrosss, That Guy just doesn't know how to stay out of the spotlight,
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 11, 2012
If Jonathan is looking for way to sack Sanusi, this is it

this guy has clearly over-reached his hand!
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 11, 2012
we have been told Boko Haram are on payroll of Northern State Governments

Who is to say this is not a means for CBN to fund Boko Haram through a 3rd party?
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by psalmizt(m): 10:40pm On Feb 11, 2012
mikeansy:

we have been told Boko Haram are on payroll of Northern State Governments

Who is to say this is not a means for CBN to fund Boko Haram through a 3rd party?
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Questions begging for answers, 100Million, is anybody seeing what I am seeing, that's a lot of money for relief, what will they possibly be doing with the money, Build new police stations? Or share amongst the 180 something families that lost loved ones? Questions Questions Questions Questions begging for answers
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by anonimi: 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2012
psalmizt:

GBAM
There 's no point rationalising whether there was a fair exchange or not, Bringing up such issue is openly supporting a wrong because you feel like another wrong was committed sometime back.
On the old testament copying, quick correction, it is not verbatim, they modified the stories, read Noah (Nuh) , or Joseph (yusuf), I know this is not a religious page but I had to point that out to you,

Firstly, thanks for pointing out the verbatim copying matter. I should have used ALMOST verbatim.

I did not openly support by rationalising the payment for parking space. All I pointed out was that the guy was providing insufficient information to conclude if the payment was for commensurate value. I hope you get my point better now?
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by psalmizt(m): 10:45pm On Feb 11, 2012
^^^ Noted, wink
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2012
abokine:

So giving 100m to boko haram victims is wrong?

By cbn,yes.
Now,the law is not clear about such 'donation'. Why didn't cbn donate to maiduguri,the madalla bomb victims and every victim of boko haram? This smacks of nepotism and irresponsibility.
Don't try to twist it.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by edogirl2: 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2012
@hercules, re the yoruba stuff, he repeated more or less the same stuff in 2011 during a book lunch in lagos or ogun in the presence of elderly vip guest. just seemed very rude to chastise people in this sort of way. although people rightly ignored him, that, and subsequent loose talk/actions about issues outsiide his remit all point to an unstable megalomaniac. although i'm shocked that a cbn governor has the power - assuming the law allows - to dole out such huge amount, the shock will have been tempered were the amount being distributed to all affected states, not just his own state.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by niyooo(m): 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2012
The guy is just using tax payers money to prepare the ground for his ascension to the throne. But God pass am. If God say he no go reach there, even if he like,make he carry CBN vault go Kano, hon no go get am. Nonsense
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by anonimi: 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2012
mikeansy:

does the CBN answer to anybody at all?

Theoretically the CBN governor can be fired by the President who appointed him but I would imagine that this case does not reach the threshhold for sacking him outright, given Nigeria's current geo-political configuration. Moreover we are over-focused on the president leaving other political office holders to RECEIVE (as opposed to earn) mega millions for doing absolutely nothing.
The more effective thing would be to have the opposition (?) senators and Reps in NASS lead the charge to discredit the PDP administration and force clueless Joe to act. However that is unlikely to happen with those loafer SINators and (mis)Representatives getting a free ride from their constituents most of whom don't even know them.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2012
I don't believe the amount is what should be question. The problem is does the CBN have the authority to donate the people's money in such a manner?
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 11, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't believe the amount is what should be question. The problem is does the CBN have the authority to donate the people's money in such a manner?

exactly, even if it is one naira!

I cant imagine Ben Bernanke or Mervin King dishing out money like this!
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 12, 2012
This country is a laughing stock! Hahaha . . .
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 12, 2012
If Sanusi does not get sacked or removed somehow from office within the next two weeks then it simply means we have no Government.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by BigB11(m): 2:16am On Feb 12, 2012
A country that has no laws or weak laws has no criminals.

In Nigeria leaders are mostly f00ls with a very tiny brain, the followers are also retarded with a very low standard of thinking; therefore, a combination of popcorn and peanut has no match, nothing else is better.

How can you point fingers at Sanusi when we've elected an empty shell to reside at Aso Rock?
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by tarano: 3:19am On Feb 12, 2012
Since CBN is now father christmas, how much did CBN donate to Ibadan after the flood last year?
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Fhemmmy: 4:07am On Feb 12, 2012
I really hail that Nation . . . .
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:46am On Feb 12, 2012
The Kano victims deserve all the donation dey can get but for a CBN Gov to donate 100 million naira of Nigeria money to a particular fraction of society is abuse of office.

Sanusi cup is full and the voice of the people on this thread is very clear. Sanusi u have been warned for the last time.
Re: CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims by ektbear: 7:40am On Feb 12, 2012
Hercules07, I'm not quite sure what the right word is to describe someone like you who sees repeated warning signs about this individual Sanusi but continues to ignore them.

You need to wake up, fast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Station, Churches, Attacked In Yobe / Politicians Funding Bandits, Others — Air Force Boss / Obono-Obla: Coalition Writes Buhari, Faults ICPC’s Media Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.