Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha (1708 Views)

EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally / Gov Okorocha Vs Fashola In Ear-wrestling (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Feb 11, 2012
[size=13pt]SACKED SCHOOL TEACHER SUES GOV. OKOROCHA[/size]

http://pointblanknews.com/new/news/3503-sacked-school-teacher-sues-gov-okorocha.html

One of the sacked beneficiaries of Ex-Governor Ikedi Ohakim’s Ten Thousand Job Scheme in Imo State Mrs. Grace C. Onyekuru, has sued Governor Rochas Okorocha and the Imo State Government in the Owerri High Court for her re-instatement as a primary school teacher and for arrears of salaries.

This is contained in a writ of summons and other court processes filed on behalf of Mrs. Onyekuru by her lawyer, Sir Emperor Iwuala against the Imo State Governor and the Government of Imo State recently made available to our judicial correspondent.

In the case with suit number HOW/713/2011, Mrs. Onyekuru among other things, is asking the court to declare that she was validly employed as a Level 07 (1) Headmaster Grade III in March last year by the Imo State Government but was unlawfully disengaged from employment by the Okorocha administration. Also she is claiming arrears of salaries and other entitlements of a Level 07 Headmaster Grade III from the time of her alleged employment till the time she would be re-instated.

Defendants in the suit include the Governor of Imo State, the Imo State Universal Education Board (SUBEB), the Imo State Government and the Attorney General of Imo State.

Feelers from government quarters say that all the defendants have been served with the relevant court processes. As provided in the Imo State High Court Rules, the defendants have 42 days to file their defence in the matter.

Speaking to newsmen in his office, counsel to the claimant, Sir Iwuala promised to extend free legal services to other sacked beneficiaries who would wish to seek legal redress against their sack.
Re: Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2012
Please spare us the rubbish posts suggesting that this teacher is definitely working for the last administrator, Ohakim. That silly argument is old and ridiculous at best.
Re: Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha by Funkymallam(m): 7:50pm On Feb 11, 2012
U talking to urself again, those are early signs.

I see u have a personal vandetta against Okorocha.

Sit over there and continue to feed urself with propagander.
Re: Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha by KnowAll(m): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2012
Speaking to newsmen in his office, counsel to the claimant, Sir Iwuala promised to extend free legal services to other sacked beneficiaries who would wish to seek legal redress against their sack.

Looks like now win, no fee has finally caught on in Naija, it is good, as long as the judiciary are doing their jobs accordingly the common man and woman has hope.
Re: Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2012
I don't know who the Sir Iwuala is but I commend him for such action. This is what we need more of and I hope many more of the 10,000 will step up to ensure Government does not use the people to play this sort of Ping-Pong in the future. What happened to these people is wrong, no matter what side you want to look at it from. No administration has a right to use the people for political gain and no administration has any right to dump on the people for the so-called wrongs of prior administrations.
Re: Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha by xtianh(m): 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2012
@kobonjukie, who get time for this ur rubish. I jst skippd the post nd go straight to my comment. I thought u hv grown up. grin cheesy
Re: Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha by KnowAll(m): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2012
I don't know who the Sir Iwuala is but I commend him for such action. This is what we need more of and I hope many more of the 10,000 will step up to ensure Government does not use the people to play this sort of Ping-Pong in the future. What happened to these people is wrong, no matter what side you want to look at it from. No administration has a right to use the people for political gain and no administration has any right to dump on the people for the so-called wrongs of prior administrations.

And who told you Ohakim would not sack them the moment he wins the election and he is back at the Governor's Lodge. Nigerian Politicians can and would do anything for power, undecided
Re: Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2012
KnowAll:

And who told you Ohakim would not sack them the moment he wins the election and he is back at the Governor's Lodge. Nigerian Politicians can and would do anything for power, undecided

Again . . . .
Kobojunkie:

People need to stand up and DO THE RIGHT THING MORE OFTEN. Then, regardless of who is in power, democracy gets to stand.
Re: Sacked School Teacher Sues Gov. Okorocha by Lordjunta(m): 4:04pm On May 28, 2012
Wht is d update on d issue? Last time i heard something dt a court in Enugu stroke out Imo State govt suit challenging whether d beneficiaries had right to sue them. Having cleard d coast,d case is now due for hearing on the 30th of May,2012.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Jtf Arrest Top Boko Haram Member In A Senator’s House / 7 Governors Break Away From Pdp:pdp Controled States Now Reduced To 15 / Breaking News!!! Akpabio Bribes PDP NWC Members with $300,000 each to sack Tukur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.