Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,577 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. (2354 Views)

Dear Romancelanders,who Would U Like To Romance On Nairaland? / Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2012
SHOCKING BUT TRUE, SOMETIMES YOU SEE PEOPLE WHO HAVE DATED FOR 10YEARS AND THEY STILL CALL EACH OTHER BABY AND KISS OFTEN. BUT AS SOON AS PEOPLE GET MARRIED AND HAVE KIDS, MY QUESTION IS "HOW OFTEN DO MARRIED PEOPLE KISS AFTER 5YRS OF MARRIAGE AND KIDS? ".

ALSO WHEN DOES THE HUSBAND AND WIFE REALIZE THAT THEY ARE NO LONGER KIDS? BECAUSE BOTH THE MAN AND WOMAN FIND IT HARD TO CALL EACH OTHER BABY AFTER 5 YEARS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BOTH GROWN OVERNIGHT.

BASE ON THE ABOVE POINTS, I FEEL MARRIAGE KILLS ROMANCE.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by TroyJay(m): 10:07pm On Feb 11, 2012
The statement is FALSE! If you allow Marriage to kill your romance, it's your FAULT! You stopped doing the romantic things, so what were you expecting?
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 10:34pm On Feb 11, 2012
HOW MANY PEOPLE KEEP DOING THE ROMANTIC THINGS AFTER 5 YRS OF MARRIAGE? 99% OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN MARRIED WITH KIDS FOR 5YRS AND MORE, HARDLY KISS THEIR SPOUSE . ASK ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR 5 YRS WITH KIDS WHEN LAST HE KISSED HIS WIFE.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by Roland17(m): 10:38pm On Feb 11, 2012
@op
Are u married? if you are not married you don't have any wisdom/experience to delve into that, and if you are married and your situation is what u have described it does not mean every marriage suffers your self inflicted predicament.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 10:41pm On Feb 11, 2012
I AM NOT MARRIED BUT HAVE CLOSELY OBSERVED MARRIED PEOPLE AND I CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHEN THEY WERE DATING AND NOW THAT THEY ARE MARRIED AFTER 5YRS.

IF U CLAIM I AM WRONG AND U HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 5YRS OR MORE, WHEN LAST DID U KISS YOUR HUSBAND OR WIFE ? grin
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by TroyJay(m): 10:42pm On Feb 11, 2012
mekaboy:

HOW MANY PEOPLE KEEP DOING THE ROMANTIC THINGS AFTER 5 YRS OF MARRIAGE? 99% OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN MARRIED WITH KIDS FOR 5YRS AND MORE, HARDLY KISS THEIR SPOUSE . ASK ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR 5 YRS WITH KIDS WHEN LAST HE KISSED HIS WIFE.
I'll like to see a detailed report to prove that baseless conjecture!
Where was the research conducted?
What was the Romance life of the participants like before they got married?
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by TroyJay(m): 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2012
mekaboy:

I AM NOT MARRIED BUT HAVE CLOSELY OBSERVED MARRIED PEOPLE AND I CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHEN THEY WERE DATING AND NOW THAT THEY ARE MARRIED AFTER 5YRS.

IF U CLAIM I AM WRONG AND U HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 5YRS OR MORE, WHEN LAST DID U KISS YOUR HUSBAND OR WIFE ? grin

The married people you observed before making this crass conjecture, where were they from? What country? What geopolitical zone?

When you mean observe, did you observe them into their bedrooms? We need some clarity.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 10:53pm On Feb 11, 2012
THEY ARE IN AND FROM NIGERIA. DIFFERENT PARTS OF NIGERIA, ROMANCE WAS COOL, ALWAYS TOGETHER, COULD KISS IM PUBLIC, WENT CLUBBING TOGETHER , I MEAN COULD BE WITH GUYS WATCHING MOVIE IN THEIR FRIENDS HOUSE, AND THEY START KISSING AND ROMANCING, ITS EVEN THE GUYS AROUND THAT WILL TELL THEM, YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP THIS THING YOUR DOING , YOUR IN PUBLIC, AND THEY WILL BE LIKE WHO CARES YOUR JUST JEALOUS.

5YRS INTO MARRIED LIFE , BABY IS HARD TO BE CALLED, KISSING IS DIFFICULT. THIS IS NOT EVEN ABOUT A PARTICULAR TRIBE IN NIGERIA, I HAVE OBSERVED PEOPLE FROM VARIOUS TRIBES, AND SAME THING , THE ROMANCE DIES WITH TIME.

I HAVE EVEN SEEN PEOPLE WHO STILL HAVE THE ROMANCE ON FOR 5-8YRS WHILE DATING, AS SOON AS THEY MARRY, 5 YRS LATTER ALL THOSE THINGS BECOME HISTORY.

I WONDER HOW MARRIAGE KILLS ROMANCE SO QUICK. I KNOW YOU PEOPLE WILL PRETEND I AM WRONG, BUT THINK OF SOME OF YOUR FRIENDS WHO HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 5 YRS WITH KIDS AND ASK THEM WHEN LAST THEY KISSED.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2012
@ poster; You might have seen several couples, but there are old couples out there that allow their dating experiences to continue. Its a matter of what you want.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2012
WHERE? HOW MANY ARE THEY? WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THOSE THAT LET THEIR DATING EXPERIENCES CONTINUE COMPARED TO THOSE THAT DONT. FROM THE MARRIED PEOPLE YOU KNOW, WHATS THE PERCENTAGE .
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 11:09pm On Feb 11, 2012
I AM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS IN MARRIAGE THAT KILLS THE ROMANCE SO QUICK. BELLOW ARE SOME THINGS I THOUGHT OF.

1, IS IT THE MONEY THAT WAS SPENT ON THE WEDDING?

2, IS IT THE STRESS OF RAISING CHILDREN?

3, IS IT TOO MUCH OF SEX WITH THE SAME PERSON ?

4, IS IT THE FRUSTRATION , OF NOT BEING ALLOWED TO CHASE OR BE CHASED BY THE OPPOSITE SEX?

6, IS IT THE FACT THAT WHEN YOU BOTH QUARREL, YOU DONT GO TO YOUR SEPARATE HOUSES ANYMORE AND WAIT FOR WHO WILL APOLOGIZE FIRST? NOW YOU HAVE TO STAY VEXED UNDER THE SAME ROOF.

7, IS IT THAT THEY BEGIN TO FEEL OLD AND MISS SINGLE DAYS.

THE REASONS COULD BE COUNTLESS, STILL TRYING TO FIND THE ROMANCE KILLER MARRIAGE .
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by modavi: 11:36pm On Feb 11, 2012
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by kelz88(f): 11:57pm On Feb 11, 2012
A lot of reasons can kill relationships let alone marriage. The list is endless.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 12, 2012
@ poster, I think, partly ,what can kill the romance in many marriages is the every day routine, and the responsibilities that come with marriage and children. The couple no longer has much, if any real alone time with each other and themselves and a disconnect can grow. Couples must make time together on a Regular basis like once a week. It would be something to look forward to so there is a balance between working hard and playing hard together. And I think just keeping your mind in the right place and not letting the romance and kisses disappear is a vital choice and action!
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 12:35am On Feb 12, 2012
@tallina are u married?
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 12, 2012
mekaboy:

@tallina are u married?

Ummmm, I was once upon a time lipsrsealed
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 12:43am On Feb 12, 2012
lol what killed the romance in urs, because if it did not die u would still be married, share ur experience.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 12, 2012
mekaboy:

lol what killed the romance in urs, because if it did not die u would still be married, share ur experience.

All I can say, is that there was nothing that could have kept the romance alive in my past situation. It was a little more complicated than romance issues.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by MrsChima1(f): 1:08am On Feb 12, 2012
Neither one of us will stop romance in our marriage and the only thing that kills marriage is a dead heart/mind.

I wish you all well in your marriages. It looks like many of you guys need it.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 12, 2012
Well, i v some of them around me. You are being narrow minded about this issue, broaden your thoughts. You will see that romance can still thrive in marriages. Its a matter of what you and your partner want and working towards it. I quite agree with you when children are involved, it becomes difficult but you dont have to make it more difficult for yourself.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 11:05am On Feb 12, 2012
THE MOST SCARY PART IS THAT I KNOW PEOPLE WHO SAID THERE MARRIAGE WONT BE LIKE THOSE THAT FIND IT HARD TO KISS AND CALL SWEET NAMES AFTER 5 YEARS. BUT AFTER THEY GOT MARRIED, 5 YRS AFTER I DONT NEED TO ASK THEM WHAT HAPPENED, I SEE WITH MY EYES THAT THEIR MARRIAGE HAS JUST BECOME LIKE THAT OF OTHERS. IT WILL EVEN SOUND STUPID TO ASK THE MAN DO U STILL KISS YOUR WIFE, BECAUSE ITS IS CLEAR THAT THEY DONT DO THAT ANYMORE.

MY FEAR IS, SINCE PEOPLE OUTSIDE MARRIAGE HAVE SEEN THIS SITUATION AND DECIDED THAT WHEN THEY GET MARRIED THEIRS WONT BE LIKE THAT, AND YET AFTER 5 YEARS IT HAPPENS TO THEM.

WILL MINE BE DIFFERENT IF I MARRY 2MOROW ?
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by pendo89(f): 11:48am On Feb 12, 2012
This topic is not registering in my mind after whitney's death.

If you cant love the other person stop wasting their time simple. Life is too short to waste it on misery and perserverance.

I wanna spoil this now> Anything institutionalised becomes a bondage and marriage is one hell of an institution.  Where laws abound we tend to feel captives.

But guess what, some people know how to bring life in their institutions.

rip W.H
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 12, 2012
Whitney is gone. LET HER RIP, life continues my dear.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2012
@pendo i think ur right about the institution thing. for example, when you get into the university, you cope with the stress with the hope that it will be over in 4-6yrs. the reasons why people survive in an institution is the hope that it will be over at a given time. but in marriage, there is no specific date to graduate hence frustration . grin grin
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by pendo89(f): 12:38pm On Feb 12, 2012
mekaboy:

@pendo i think ur right about the institution thing. for example, when you get into the university, you cope with the stress with the hope that it will be over in 4-6yrs. the reasons why people survive in an institution is the hope that it will be over at a given time. but in marriage, there is no specific date to graduate hence frustration . grin grin

Yes and every Institution has a constitution which we abide with. The marriage constitution must be tougher than a country's  grin grin
And no theres no graduation.You are supposed to live there till death do u part. That's scary  grin
That is why people are advised to wait and wait till they are sure of what they are getting into.Its not for the feeble and weak at mind.
Not for the faint hearted but for those ready to utter 'better or worse'.

This is what I have noticed in many couples.They stop the chase.The very things that used to excite them during courtship cease as routine kicks in.
It becomes boring if you don't know how to bring sparks into it. More like a prison.
Do not therefore generalise because it can only be as good as you make it. Nobody else will do it for you.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 12, 2012
Well, we are all entitled to our own opinion.
@ pendo; Good talk.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 11:23pm On Feb 12, 2012
I GUESS I,LL TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT, GET MARRIED AND WE STILL LEAVE SEPARATELY . THAT WAY IT WILL BE LIKE WE STILL DATING EVEN THOUGH WE MARRIED. grin grin grin
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by arrived(m): 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2012
^try that and another sharp man would be helping your wife codedly.
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by mekaboy(m): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2012
SO YOU FEEL THAT LIVING TOGETHER WILL STOP ANOTHER MAN FROM HELPING YOUR WIFE? CHEATING IS A DECISION U CAN LEAVE TOGETHER AND THE OTHER PERSON IS CHEATING, YOU CAN LEAVE APART AND NOBODY CHEATS.

SO YOUR SAYING THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE MARRIED AND BASED IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD ARE ALWAYS CHEATING ?
Re: Nothing Kills Romance Like Marriage. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2012
Wow! If cheating is not involved, remember that your will children need you. You dont need to live apart, your job can help you out. Weekend daddy! Weekend husband!

(1) (Reply)

Na By Force / Please Advise!! My EX Is Messing Me Up By... / The Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.