Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8751215 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
That's the main thing we can and should take away from this match and season. Massive improvement and progress. Now we need to push on make the right signings this summer for a title challenge next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
SailorXY:
i wouldn't. i knew it will amount to nothing in terms of chances created. he did well no doubt, but to get the required win, more was needed. herrera's absence on the right channel limited the penetration there, the reshuffling did more harm than good although we ahd no much options.

i hope those calling for the inclusion of Blackett now know better, his introduction KILLED any hope of a late rally!

I don't understand...

Playing Rooney as cf with Rafael and Valencia as central midfielders - how would this have given us any penetration?

Despite the fact that falcao was piss-poor today, can you really blame falcao for our lack of penetration??

From a creative point of view, wasn't Rooney was even better than the largely anonymous mata ( who was supposed to be a focal point in our attacking buildups)?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

I don't understand...

Playing Rooney as cf with Rafael and Valencia as central midfielders - how would this have given us any penetration?

Despite the fact that falcao was piss-poor today, can you really blame falcao for our lack of penetration??

From a creative point of view, wasn't Rooney was even better than the largely anonymous mata ( who was supposed to be a focal point in our attacking buildups)?

first of i don't believe Falcao was "piss-poor". could he have been better involved? definitely - but same can be said of Young, same can be said of Valencia, same can be said of Rooney.

Falcao was fielded largely on the basis of pedigree! he hasn't done much this season but again it would have been an "insult" starting a Wilson over him @ this stage. he hasn't grabbed his chance & no eyebrows can be raised if he is released now.

the midfield i proposed was Mata - Valencia - Herrera - Fellaini - Young which i believe will give a performance no different than what we witnessed but with better presence in Rooney upfront.

it was a good performance. we came to play @ Stamford Bridge, Chelshit defended from the first minute. they played the way they know how to, we played our way - in the end we can reflect on how far we've come as a team after last season's collapse irrespective of what the other EPL fans think, its is crystal United will operate on a whole new level next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

this is not hindsight analysis, my posts and line ups from yesterday are there for all to read. i wanted falcao on the bench and rooney in attack.

It's hindsight analysis because you want us to believe that we wouldn't have lost with Rafael and Valencia in CMF

afrodoc2:

and as per the penetration it is not about individual moments but the general flow of play. with rooney in attack there would have been more chances for other players to get chances in the box. our attack in the opponents box would be more dynamic and variable.
And how would it have been more dynamic with the likes of Rafael and Valencia in CMF, coupled with a Juan mata who was always gonna be anonymous in "powerful" games like this?? ( like we saw today )

afrodoc2:

i see no reason giving him chance to redeem himself in this crucial match.

With the injuries we had, it wasn't a bad idea to start him. It's just unfortunate lvg decided to keep him on the pitch for 90mins

[quote author=afrodoc2 post=32866619]
and i believe rather than ask why he lasted 90minutes, the question should be why start him at all after all his woeful performances in recent times

With the injuries we had,starting him wasn't too bad an idea - keeping him on the pitch for 90mins is the issue!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

It's hindsight analysis because you want us to believe that we wouldn't have lost with Rafael and Valencia in CMF

And how would it have been more dynamic with the likes of Rafael and Valencia in CMF, coupled with a Juan mata who was always gonna be anonymous in "powerful" games like this?? ( like we saw today )

ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
Remember when Man Utd were playing shit and winning? Ah, salute Chelsea, they just gave u a dose of your own medicine. Hahahahahahaha

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
homesteady:

Yaya toure's power in FIFA 15
-- Shot power 86
— Jumping 79
— Stamina 93
— Strength 92
— Long Shots 84

Robben's power in FIFA 15
-- Shot power 86
— Jumping 61
— Stamina 78
— Strength 65
— Long Shots 90

Don't start what you cannot finish. Now let me beat you to your game.

* Shot power is under skills not physical.
* Long shot is under skills.

* See Physical according to FIFA 15.
Robben
Physical
93 Acceleration
93 Agility
91 Balance
61 Jumping
89 Reactions
93 Sprint Speed
78 Stamina
65 Strength

Yaya Toure
Physical
73 Acceleration
64 Agility
59 Balance
79 Jumping
85 Reactions
78 Sprint Speed
93 Stamina
92 Strength

Wayne Rooney
Physical
74 Acceleration
77 Agility
77 Balance
80 Jumping
84 Reactions
77 Sprint Speed
89 Stamina
85 Strength

Sanchez
Physical
90 Acceleration
91 Agility
86 Balance
66 Jumping
81 Reactions
86 Sprint Speed
76 Stamina
59 Strength

Jones
Physical
63 Acceleration
43 Agility
58 Balance
84 Jumping
79 Reactions
68 Sprint Speed
79 Stamina
78 Strength

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
Unto da Next!

Our injured players, especially Carrick, should be back.

It's like United has never won an away game without Carrick!

Abeg make una carry this una PAWA thing go another thread angry

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
SailorXY:

before nko? who dash baboon carrots undecided taaaaa locomotives dey pass, person wey dey mule back say he way cross rails ... yeye dey smell

cheesy cheesy cheesy

How market bros?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
lekkie073:
this should end the argument about robben's pawa.......

The guy didnt even know what he posted. He picked items from skills and he left out bulk of the stats under 'PHYSICAL' as defined in FIFA 15.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
liveLongNprospa:

Is it not the same FIFA that rates messi higher than CR7 even though one has been the best player in d world twice in a role undecided

Dont mind him. He has even shot himself in the leg. He has ended the argument conclusively and completely in my favour.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
PAWAAAA cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
coogar:

LVG said it was the best performance this season. he said he was happy with the performance but disappointed with the result.

we are not far away from the title, people. a couple of attacking additions and a top defender and we would be there.

Not far away from what title?

What is this brother sniffing on? Coogar i have told you several times, stop fu...cking smoking tree roots

10 points is massive bro.... There is nothing like you are close

It is akin to having an extra 3 wins and 1 draw, that means playing 4 more games than the team with the 10 points advantage

I hope you won't add the likes of Falcao in the summer grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy How market bros?
well within our targets for the season

& you? when will you raise your bar? any hope of winning the league or UCL this century? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
SailorXY:

& you? when will you raise your bar? any hope of winning the league or UCL this century? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Assnal fans in the restaurant:
'Madam give us the usual'.

They remain the same cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
SailorXY:

From winning the title to settling for a UCL place grin

MUFC = The New Arsenal!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
My own na be say. Make we finish top 4. Preferably 3rd.

Van Gaal's substitutions were shocking.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
Useless club. Yawnited.....always losing tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 12:00am On Apr 19, 2015
The match was well poised for a boring draw, but Hazard's brilliance handed Chelsea all the three points.
What will Chelsea and Mourinho do without Hazard!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:25am On Apr 19, 2015
Adebayo Akinfenwa
Physical
45 Acceleration
41 Agility
70 Balance
57 Jumping
59 Reactions
54 Sprint Speed
59 Stamina
97 Strength
shocked

grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:33am On Apr 19, 2015
* Balance: The ability to maintain balance after a physical challenge. - FIFA definition.

elampiro:

* See Physical according to FIFA 15.
Robben
Physical
91 Balance

Yaya Toure
Physical
59 Balance

Wayne Rooney
Physical
77 Balance

Sanchez
Physical
86 Balance

Jones
Physical
58 Balance

elampiro:

Adebayo Akinfenwa
Physical
70 Balance

shocked
grin cheesy

Ayagayagayagayo hei, ayagayagayagayo cheesy Did I not say Robben has the most power among footballers? And I said Sanchez is probably the next person that comes close in the EPL. Now we know who really knows football. Yori Yori.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:03am On Apr 19, 2015
I think many guys here did not play real football- competitive football. That's why they base their argument on abstracts, how they think it should be. Where as it's not like that at all. When you have played competitive football over a reasonable years, you get to know different qualities and components of players who come and go in the teams you have trained and played for, the opponents, etc. You will be surprised to see an 'achinia' (a thin) player who does push ups, frog jumps, many energetic stuff higher and faster than another team mates who looks herculean. These things usually reflect in the sprints, agility, balance of players, etc.

You will be surprised to see a muscle player who is lazy in virtually everything on the football field. Size and physique has nothing to do with power in the football field.

Look at Ramires physical stats, he has power more than Rooney and Jones. So when we say pace and power, we are looking at a player like Sanchez, Ramires before a player like Rooney. I remember how much I used Oshoala to describe. Pace power doesnt mean absence of skills, like Oshoala who has everything going for her. ....CR7 is another king of pace and power.

I have made my point far enough since three days ago.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:16am On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 1:36am On Apr 19, 2015
elampiro:
My own na be say. Make we finish top 4. Preferably 3rd.

Van Gaal's substitutions were shocking.
no mind dat old man. Bring on small boys to play against men,especially Janzuaj and blacket
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emaprince: 2:09am On Apr 19, 2015
pazienza:
The match was well poised for a boring draw, but Hazard's brilliance handed Chelsea all the three points.
What will Chelsea and Mourinho do without Hazard!
hazard was not there when chelsea won the holy grail. Chelsea will still remain a great team after hazard.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:36am On Apr 19, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

From winning the title to settling for a UCL place grin

MUFC = The New Arsenal!
that's your own cube of sugar. from all your noise about United must miss UCL, you have changed to settling for a UCL place.

we'll hear further changes from your mouth next season, after all this is a season of change cool cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 7:53am On Apr 19, 2015
Emaprince:
hazard was not there when chelsea won the holy grail. Chelsea will still remain a great team after hazard.

Sure. But as of the present,Hazard is indispensable in this current Chelsea set up. Hazard is a Ballon d'or material.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2015
Elampiro, this your obsession with pace, power, strength etc is becoming a major cause for concern.

There must be something you aren't telling us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:22am On Apr 19, 2015
I have been impressed with LVG as the season progressed. We are not there yet but we are very,very near. Every player in the squad appears to understand the fact that we need to keep possession at all times and maintain the balance of the team. Who ever is being brought in should be done quickly so that the team jells before the start of the next season in August.
Chelsea played as they usually play against a top team-parking the bus and hitting on the counter. They were lucky last night. They will not be so lucky next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sirlaw2(m): 8:53am On Apr 19, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Not far away from what title?

What is this brother sniffing on? Coogar i have told you several times, stop fu...cking smoking tree roots

10 points is massive bro.... There is nothing like you are close

It is akin to having an extra 3 wins and 1 draw, that means playing 4 more games than the team with the 10 points advantage

I hope you won't add the likes of Falcao in the summer grin cheesy
I can only imagine how gud (or how bad) ur children will be at English since u, their father, failed to understand that Cooger actually meant next season. Little wonder u always hang out here with hopes of rubbing minds with seasoned, civilsed and educated United fans instead of ur dead Arsenal thread... Kenechukwu clap for urself... Well done!!!

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:03am On Apr 19, 2015
Caveatemptor:
I have been impressed with LVG as the season progressed. We are not there yet but we are very,very near. Every player in the squad appears to understand the fact that we need to keep possession at all times and maintain the balance of the team. Who ever is being brought in should be done quickly so that the team jells before the start of the next season in August.
Chelsea played as they usually play against a top team-parking the bus and hitting on the counter. They were lucky last night. They will not be so lucky next season.
Yeah, he has done well so far but needs to find another way if the possession style fails sometimes. SAF for eg, would have resorted to crossing the ball using the wingers toward the last 10mins.

Unto da Next Game!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:15am On Apr 19, 2015
sirlaw2:
I can only imagine how gud (or how bad) ur children will be at English since u, their father, failed to understand that Cooger actually meant next season. Little wonder u always hang out here with hopes of rubbing minds with seasoned, civilsed and educated United fans instead of ur dead Arsenal thread... Kenechukwu clap for urself... Well done!!!

he's an illiterate.
how can anyone think i was referring to this season after i said a couple of additions would take us to the title is baffling.

elf has the IQ of a culex mosquito.

elampiro:
* Balance: The ability to maintain balance after a physical challenge. - FIFA definition.
Ayagayagayagayo hei, ayagayagayagayo cheesy Did I not say Robben has the most power among footballers? And I said Sanchez is probably the next person that comes close in the EPL. Now we know who really knows football. Yori Yori.

so robben & rooney have more power than yaya toure? you know nothing about football. balance isn't power - some players cannot be easily knocked off the ball because they are very agile & skilful when in possession. it's got little to do with strength! agility has much more to do with balance than strength.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Epositive(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.