Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8748166 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2751) (2752) (2753) (2754) (2755) (2756) (2757) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
chrisley024:
Tvc news say it is 6pm
who you trust,me or TVC ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2016
Ramuzaki wetin you dey do for our window? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

abeg I take 6pm instead of being told the scoreline by 9pm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
chrisley024:
abeg I take 6pm instead of being told the scoreline by 9pm.
elampiro the match na 6.00 PM
I Do mistake

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by moneyallowed(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:
naija match na 9.00PM.
Seriously?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
moneyallowed:
Seriously?
GMT no easy sometimes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by moneyallowed(m): 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:
GMT no easy sometimes.
Lol

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
elampiro:

Of all the players that left us, Nani is the one that his departure got me sad the most. What we have lacked mostly this season, is a player who, when things are deadlock, takes the bull by the horn to provide unusual attacking inspirations through individual artistry and pace. That kind of individual has been missing in attack all season. There are days the team work doesn't work, then you need someone to torment the opposition with his individual ability.

I agree with this that losing Nani is a very big mistake or maybe Van gaal thought Memphis would replicate the Nani output

LvG philosophy is to dominate possession and recycle it as much as possible deny your opponent time on the ball but it also requires at least one outlet who can take the ball and dribble to create opening

At Bayern he had Robben for that, At Ajax he had Overmars for that.

Nani could have been that guy or he hoped Memphis would be that guy based on his record at PSV

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

I agree with this that losing Nani is a very big mistake or maybe Van gaal thought Memphis would replicate the Nani output

LvG philosophy is to dominate possession and recycle it as much as possible deny your opponent time on the ball but it also requires at least one outlet who can take the ball and dribble to create opening

Nani could have been that guy or he hoped Memphis would be that guy based on his record at PSV
Barcelona he had figo
LVG always have one great winger to make his system work have,always maintained that Memphis was suppose to be this guy and when he couldn't he perform our season was dead. the only thing that really calls this thinking into question is why Di Maria wasn't used in this role.

up naija today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
The Egyptians you see today, you shall never see again cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Not a big mistake though.
Nani is known to be an inconsistent player. Fergie often preferred Valencia over him and he was even neglected in Fergie's final year (Nani started 7 league games in Fergie last tenure). The same thing happened under Moyes yet you want Van Gaal to bank on him? He was rightly sold.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
lekkie073:
Here come the ‘Rooney into midfield’ brigade
Oh here they are – it’s the ‘Rooney into midfield’
brigade coming back for more.
United lost 8 out of 8 (or something like that) when
he was in midfield last season. It was his dismal
midfield performances that had everyone crying from
the rooftops that he should be a striker again. That
was actually something I agreed with because the one
thing you can’t doubt him on is the fact that in an
isolated moment he is good at hitting the ball in the
back of the net. But his lack of movement, pace,
inability to turn a defender or dribble has had people
saying he should be a number 10 again.
Can we just accept he isn’t very good? It doesn’t
matter what position he is in – he is not the brilliant
player of 2004 and nor is he the effective (but still
horrible over 90 mins) striker he was in 2010.
Just because he vacates his position to disrupt the
balance of the team by dropping to the half-way line
to ping (admittedly impressive) 50 yard passes does
not mean he is good in central midfield. That position
requires a hell of a lot more intelligence and ability
than just pinging a pass – as is clearly evident
whenever he plays there.
Rooney should be in the squad because he can come
on fresh with 20 minutes to go and score a free kick
or maybe the ball drops to him in the box where he is
usually clinical, but he shouldn’t start the game over
actual real strikers, midfielders or wingers who have
been playing well and are fit.
Silvio (Even Gam and Guy can’t argue with this,
surely?)
Dante ESPN

What is the essence of this? I can as well produce counter articles.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Barcelona he had figo
LVG always have one great winger to make his system work have,always maintained that Memphis was suppose to be this guy and when he couldn't he perform our season was dead. the only thing that really calls this thinking into question is why Di Maria wasn't used in this role.

up naija today.

Most South Americans dont like England and na only money dey make dem come there. Count the number of South Americans who have failed in England from veron to Anderson to Juninho Paulista to Forlan to tevez etc

Tevez even said and I quote " I hate it, I hate that place, There's nothing to do in Manchester. There's two restaurants and everything's small. It rains all the time, you can't go anywhere... I will not return to Manchester, not for vacation, not anything."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
shay them no go shine this light for our keeper eyes sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Barcelona he had figo

up naija today.

Di Maria was deployed on the wing though but he was always stinking up the place like he did on the wing under Ancellotti. Who could blame VG for using Young, especially when Young was in the best game of his life?
Di Maria had to be tried in various role in order to fit him in the team. Even today, Di maria is still the same frustrating player on the wing for Psg only that his coach is quite patient to let him stay on the pitch long enough for him to eventually have his moment. Who has the patience for such?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kagawa10:

Not a big mistake though.
Nani is known to be an inconsistent player. Fergie often preferred Valencia over him and he was even neglected in Fergie's final year (Nani started 7 league games in Fergie last tenure). The same thing happened under Moyes yet you want Van Gaal to bank on him? He was rightly sold.

Nani might be inconsistent but he is still better than what you have now. Which creative player is always consistent? Is Ozil consistent? Is Sanchez consistent is Hazard consistent, Is Ribery consistent? is Dimaria consistent?

So Nani is inconsistent unlike who?

You said he started 7 games in fergies last season which was 12/13?

Are you taking into consideration his long injury he had? both in Fergies last season and Moyes season? in 12/13 according to transfermarkt he missed almost 20 games to injury add that to the recovery time and games he would be introduced gradually
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kagawa10:

Di Maria was deployed on the wing though but he was always stinking up the place like he did on the wing under Ancellotti. Who could blame VG for using Young, especially when Young was in the best game of his life?
Di Maria had to be tried in various role in order to fit him in the team. Even today, Di maria is still the same frustrating player on the wing for Psg only that his coach is quite patient to let him stay on the pitch long enough for him to eventually have his moment. Who has the patience for such?
I have only seen like 4 PSG games this season all UCL games and he has been very good in them.
creative players are allowed to make mistakes not every audacious pass or crazy dribble go work.
I wanted Di Maria to leave but seeing him do so well in PSG no make me happy at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Nani might be inconsistent but he is still better than what you have now. Which creative player is always consistent? Is Ozil consistent? Is Sanchez consistent is Hazard consistent, Is Ribery consistent? is Dimaria consistent?

So Nani is inconsistent unlike who?

You said he started 7 games in fergies last season which was 12/13?

Are you taking into consideration his long injury he had? both in Fergies last season and Moyes season? in 12/13 according to transfermarkt he missed almost 20 games to injury add that to the recovery time and games he would be introduced gradually
The thing is no coach would bank on a player who's only played little games for 2 consecutive seasons running , especially if the said player is not his signing.
That said, VG tried Nani in his pre-season games and he was bang average, who can blame the coach for shipping him off?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I have only seen like 4 PSG games this season all UCL games and he has been very good in them.
creative players are allowed to make mistakes not every audacious pass or crazy dribble go work.
I wanted Di Maria to leave but seeing him do so well in PSG no make me happy at all.
He wasn't at his best against Chelsea in the first leg, he was very frustrating to watch in that gme.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kagawa10:

The thing is no coach would bank on a player who's only played little games for 2 consecutive seasons running , especially if the said player is not his signing.
That said, VG tried Nani in his pre-season games and he was bang average, who can blame the coach for shipping him off?

Then thats on the coach. Some players are that talented that they would stay despite their struggles. You know How many games Robben has missed for bayern due to injury? How come coach after coach none has sold him? You know how many games Ozil has been bang average.

Sanchez hasnt looked better than Yaro yaro for the past 5 months. Hazard is about completing a whole season being below average. Do you think Conte would gladly sell him next season

The best thing LvG should have done was retain Nani and still bring in the Memphis andLingaard so he can put on switch them around. Watch Depay play and I am sure Nani has never been that poor even if is sick and crippled

You think Skilfull players like Nani grow on trees everywhere? Comfortable on the left and right, can shoot with both feet. LVG fuuckk up on that

Go and rewatch nani vs Bayern in 2010 thats probably the best perfoamance by any EPL player in the CL since Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
DDG wins player of the month for March.

And someone said he has not been bailing out our defence.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:57pm On Mar 29, 2016
elampiro:

Lwkm cheesy cheesy cheesy
Really?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Then thats on the coach. Some players are that talented that they would stay despite their struggles. You know How many games Robben has missed for bayern due to injury? How come coach after coach none has sold him? You know how many games Ozil has been bang average.

Sanchez hasnt looked better than Yaro yaro for the past 5 months. Hazard is about completing a whole season being below average. Do you think Conte would gladly sell him next season

The best thing LvG should have done was retain Nani and still bring in the Memphis andLingaard so he can put on switch them around. Watch Depay play and I am sure Nani has never been that poor even if is sick and crippled

You think Skilfull players like Nani grow on trees everywhere?

Go and rewatch nani vs Bayern in 2010 thats probably the best perfoamance by any EPL player in the CL since Ronaldo
Robben and Ozil has big reputation already. Only a Foolish coach would fail to acknowledge them when their exploits are worldwide known.
Also, there are some players who's bottom level are still manageable but some who are just irritable when in poor form. Nani is an example of such player who's irritating when in poor form, that's why Fergie often preferred Valencia eventhough he's not as talented as Nani but atleast, he would often give you the basic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
elampiro:

LOL!
The way you hammer on it would seems DG has been our monthly player every month.
I already mentioned that the defence, esp, Blind had a stinker in 2-3 games this month but apart from this, the defence has been often solid.
Some people are just unreasonable after all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kagawa10:

Robben and Ozil has big reputation already. Only a Foolish coach would fail to acknowledge them when their exploits are worldwide known.
Also, there are some players who's bottom level are still manageable but some who are just irritable when in poor form. Nani is an example of such player who's irritating when in poor form, that's why Fergie often preferred Valencia eventhough he's not as talented as Nani but atleast, he would often give you the basic.

So Nani didnt have a reputation ? As at 2010 2011 he was easily the best player in the entire league

And bottom level of Nani isnt worse than that of Ozil. Has Nani been so bad that a teammate wanted to beat him like mertersacker wanted to beat Ozil? Do you know how many times Ozil has been booed by Arsenal and German fans?

Do you know how many times Bayern fans have booed Robben for his poor form

In poor form I would rank them like Robben>>Nani>>>>>>>>>Ozil

Robben poor form would be trying taking shot over the bar and selfish,

Nani poor form he would be selfish dribbling without success and wasting easy balls

Ozil poor form he doesnt even look interested like he wants to be on the field, sulking all game like a sickle cell child having a crisis that you'll be forced to sub him out

Ozil in poor form you dont even want to see him in the stadium never mind on the field
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

So Nani didnt have a reputation? As at 2010 2011 he was easily the best player in the entire league

And bottom level of Nani isnt worse than that of Ozil. Has Nani been so bad that a teammate wanted to beat him like mertersacker wanted to beat Ozil? Do you know how many times Ozil has been booed by Arsenal and German fans?

Do you know how many times Bayern fans have booed Robben for his poor form

In poor form I would rank them like Robben>>Nani>>>>>>>>>Ozil

Robben poor form would be trying taking shot over the bar and selfish,

Nani poor form he would be selfish dribbling without success and wasting easy balls

Ozil poor form he doesnt even look interested like he wants to be on the field, sulking all game like a sickle cell child having a crisis that you'll be forced to sub him out

Ozil in poor form you dont even want to see him in the stadium never mind on the field
He was only known in the league but the foreign coaches hardly knew him except few. On the other hand, Ozil and Robben's exploits are known worldwide.
And I disagree with Ozil having poor level than Nani when in poor form. Ozil would still give you the basic e.g decent passes and his touch would still be good but Nani on the other hand has everything he touches turning into shit. That's the worst of all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kagawa10:

He was only known in the league but the foreign coaches hardly knew him except few. On the other hand, Ozil and Robben's exploits are known worldwide.
And I disagree with Ozil having poor level than Nani when in poor form. Ozil would still give you the basic e.g decent passes and his touch would still be good but Nani on the other hand has everything he touches turning into shit. That's the worst of all.

How would a foreign coach not know the best player in the PL

Its like saying a foreign coach wont know about hazard?

Its like you havent watched Ozil enough. Ozil worst form its better to play with 9 players. Nani would be making effort, Ozil wont even do anything on the field
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
elampiro:

What is the essence of this? I can as well produce counter articles.
according to ur gospel, everyone in England is sees Rooney as the 'messiah'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
shocked all this epistles, just because of "dullice bangaal" i didn't know some mancs still support that fraud.

The lenghts people will go to support van gaal cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
Super Chickens always disappointing as usual..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
GloryIsaac:
Super Chickens always disappointing as usual..
Normal thing angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (2751) (2752) (2753) (2754) (2755) (2756) (2757) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: airmark(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.