Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box (6636 Views)

How Linda Ikeji Open Up The Pandora's Box / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / Jonathan Rules Out Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by adamaw2tuf: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2012
anybody noticed the absence of the nairaland ashawo (alhj_haram? just thought i should warn you he is still around unfortunately but in the username as bakila.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Dede1(m): 8:35pm On Feb 17, 2012
@OP

I do not want SNC talk but DISINTEGRATION Blueprint talk. My group has drawn the plan already while waiting for negotiation roundtable talk to begin.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by NorthSharp(m): 12:35am On Feb 18, 2012
Onlytruth:

The Igbo in the North are there MAINLY because they are naturally thick skinned and are prepared to rought it out there. It does not necessarily mean that you Northerners protect them. That is why they fall casualty disproportionately than other southerners living in the North

Unfortunately, the thrust of my argument in the post you quoted and highlighted was NOT about WHY the Igbos are in the North; it was about (1)WHETHER OR NOT we Northerners blame the Igbos for our problems, and (2)WHETHER OR NOT they (Igbos) would have still be living in their millions AND doing so well in their businesses if we actually do blame them for our problems.

An Igbo poster had earlier urged the Northerners to understand that the Igbos are not responsible for our (Northerner's) problems, and I responded by re-assuring him that as far as I know, I had never heard a Northerner attribute ANY of our problems to the Igbos, or to any other tribe for that matter.

And I further argued, in the part of my post you quoted, that if we were so silly as to be blaming the Igbos for our problems, then there would NOT have been MILLIONS of Igbos doing business and succeeding so much in the North!.

So even if the Igbos were the most "naturally thick skinned" people ever created in the history of mankind; even if as a people they were the "most prepared to rough it out" in human history, and even if every single one of them were to be given the best military training possible and be armed with the most sophisticated personal weapons in the world, that would NOT in anyway invalidate the central argument in that my post you quoted, and that is; THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN MILLIONS OF IGBOS LIVING IN THE NORTH AND SUCCEEDING IN THEIR BUSINESSES AS MUCH AS THEY CURRENTLY DO, IF WE THE NORTHERNERS, AS THEIR HOSTS, BLAME THEM FOR OUR MYRIAD PROBLEMS!

Unless you choose to be blinded by ethnic sentiments, this VERY SIMPLE LOGIC should not be lost to you.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by DaLover(m): 9:01am On Feb 18, 2012
nagoma:

@sweetlemon

Sweetlemon you are late. We have tried all that before.The southerners want their own country and by God they will have it.

“NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS”

in july, 1966 during the northern organised coup, hassan katsina, muritala mohammed and company were about to board the planes from lagos to kaduna, the theme of the northern uprising was ARABA, succession for the north, this almost went through until the stupid british high commisioner appealed to their greed and sold the concept of oil domination to them, the northern coup plotter had a 180 degree change in direction from seriously advocating for ARABA to serious believers in one nigeria, lol
Hence, if the oil had not existed muritala mohamed, hassan katsina and others would have split nigeria long ago,
Before the british commisioner stepped in, several southerners in the army and civilians living in the north had been killed for the reason of ARABA, only to completely throw awar the comcept of ARABA on the realization that the oil was yours to do what ever you wanted,
Nigeria only exist today because of oil, i challange anyone to prove otherwise, extreme hatrade for each other, but tolerate each other because of oil,

Ok, you have used your military to keep nigeria one so that you can continue to exploit oil, and someone says, get up, sit up and contribute economically to the common wealth and you say you are being insulted?

Nagoma, please anything you can do to bring back the concept of ARABA in the core north will be highly appreciated, though i suspect this time, plateau, benue and kwara might not want to join in this concept, lol
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by nagoma(m): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2012
@Da Lover

With the enemity and hatred you so eloquently and accurately outlined "NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS" becomes , not only a logical and just solution, but actually an urgent imperative requiring immediate implementation. Who joins the movement on the northern side is not your problem , we would just want you to promote the idea among your southern brethren. I do not want to into discussions about oil because it will just drag us backwards,
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by NorthSharp(m): 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2012
DaLover:

in july, 1966 during the northern organised coup, hassan katsina, muritala mohammed and company were about to board the planes from lagos to kaduna, the theme of the northern uprising was ARABA, succession for the north, this almost went through until the silly british high commisioner appealed to their greed and sold the concept of oil domination to them, the northern coup plotter had a 180 degree change in direction from seriously advocating for ARABA to serious believers in one nigeria, lol
Hence, if the oil had not existed muritala mohamed, hassan katsina and others would have split nigeria long ago,
Before the british commisioner stepped in, several southerners in the army and civilians living in the north had been killed for the reason of ARABA, only to completely throw awar the comcept of ARABA on the realization that the oil was yours to do what ever you wanted,
Nigeria only exist today because of oil, i challange anyone to prove otherwise, extreme hatrade for each other, but tolerate each other because of oil,

Ok, you have used your military to keep nigeria one so that you can continue to exploit oil, and someone says, get up, sit up and contribute economically to the common wealth and you say you are being insulted?

Nagoma, please anything you can do to bring back the concept of ARABA in the core north will be highly appreciated, though i suspect this time, plateau, benue and kwara might not want to join in this concept, lol

I think you are absolutely right with regard to the main point of your argument; the irresistible lucre of the oil money, which was so cleverly and tantalisingly used by the manipulative British to dissuade Murtala and other aggrieved Northern military elite from their separatist plan, is undoubtedly the MAIN factor that has been keeping Nigeria 'one' ever since.

But in-sha-Allah things are about to change; the generality of ORDINARY Nigerians, from all the regions, are now convinced, more than ever before, that it would be better FOR ALL OF US if we go our separate ways.

The only obstacle, and potentially a daunting one, is the predictable reaction of the deeply corrupt, avariciously greedy and morally bankrupt political, military and business elite from ALL the non-oil producing regions.

They are the ones who have been personally and EXCLUSIVELY benefiting from the oil money at the expense of the ordinary people from their respective regions, and they are the ones who would go to any length, INCLUDING THE USE OF EXTREME VIOLENCE AGAINST THEIR OWN KINSMEN, in order to ensure uninterrupted flow of the oil money INTO THEIR POCKETS.

However, I do not agree with your view that there is "extreme hatred for each other" among the various ethnic groups in Nigeria; even the recurring ethnic, religious and political violent clashes we have been witnessing, mainly in the North, can be traced, in one way or another, to some action or inaction of one irresponsible member of the exploitative ruling elite or another.

And it is quite saddening that in almost all the cases, the victims of such violence are the ORDINARY, INNOCENT PEOPLE who struggle to eke out a living in an environment that is being made more difficult and challenging by the ruling elite, who have selfishly clogged the national engine and caused a serious, apparently irreversible, systemic malfunction.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by DaLover(m): 3:26am On Feb 19, 2012
NorthSharp:

I think you are absolutely right with regard to the main point of your argument; the irresistible lucre of the oil money, which was so cleverly and tantalisingly used by the manipulative British to dissuade Murtala and other aggrieved Northern military elite from their separatist plan, is undoubtedly the MAIN factor that has been keeping Nigeria 'one' ever since.

But in-sha-Allah things are about to change; the generality of ORDINARY Nigerians, from all the regions, are now convinced, more than ever before, that it would be better FOR ALL OF US if we go our separate ways.

The only obstacle, and potentially a daunting one, is the predictable reaction of the deeply corrupt, avariciously greedy and morally bankrupt political, military and business elite from ALL the non-oil producing regions.

They are the ones who have been personally and EXCLUSIVELY benefiting from the oil money at the expense of the ordinary people from their respective regions, and they are the ones who would go to any length, INCLUDING THE USE OF EXTREME VIOLENCE AGAINST THEIR OWN KINSMEN, in order to ensure uninterrupted flow of the oil money INTO THEIR POCKETS.

However, I do not agree with your view that there is "extreme hatred for each other" among the various ethnic groups in Nigeria; even the recurring ethnic, religious and political violent clashes we have been witnessing, mainly in the North, can be traced, in one way or another, to some action or inaction of one irresponsible member of the exploitative ruling elite or another.

And it is quite saddening that in almost all the cases, the victims of such violence are the ORDINARY, INNOCENT PEOPLE who struggle to eke out a living in an environment that is being made more difficult and challenging by the ruling elite, who have selfishly clogged the national engine and caused a serious, apparently irreversible, systemic malfunction.

bi annual killings of southerners in various cities in the north is not simply the work of currupt elite, i think that is an over simplification of the situation, maybe i am using my enviromental conditions to judge northerners, but were i come from, before you take the life of an unarmed , defenceless person, there has to be some deep level of anger in you, to make it an annual or bi annual ritual where mass killings are carried out at the slightest provocation is something definately beyond hatrade, remember mohammed cartoons in sweden or so?

That being said, if the northerners really want to seperate, it should actually manifest itself in their leaders, because are representative of what the people want, do not say you want one thing with your mouth while your hands are doing something else, we experienced this at the national confab organised under obj, the SW that was the champion of fiscal federalism before then suddenly changed its position, northerners should be real, say what you mean and act it, lets know how to tackle the problem squarely
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by DaLover(m): 3:36am On Feb 19, 2012
nagoma:

@Da Lover

With the enemity and hatred you so eloquently and accurately outlined "NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS" becomes , not only a logical and just solution, but actually an urgent imperative requiring immediate implementation. Who joins the movement on the northern side is not your problem , we would just want you to promote the idea among your southern brethren. I do not want to into discussions about oil because it will just drag us backwards,

yes oooo ARABA, let it be vocal in the north, but please try and get ur people to advocate for it without spilling more southern blood on the streets of northern cities, i am yet to be convinced that ARABA witll take off the way northerns on NL are preaching,
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by nagoma(m): 10:09am On Feb 19, 2012
@da Lover

No it is not ARABA this time , it is resource control - the poor arid north for northerners and the rich south for southerners. You want to get rid of the parasites and the parasites are happy to go. This is your desire , it's your take , it is your agenda we want to promote peacefully and for lasting peace.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by LogicMind: 11:15am On Feb 19, 2012
It is an unnatural reaction for a parasite to detach itself from the host.
It is the host's duty to rid itself of the parasite or continue suffering.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by nagoma(m): 9:10pm On Feb 19, 2012
@Logic Mind

Spot on! You are right. Perhaps there is no parasitic situation , just commensals in a symbiotic relationship or the so called parasite may even be a saprophyte feeding on necrotic tissue. The only way to find out for sure is to severe the relationship and the alleged parasite is asking for that. By the way it appears to the aggressive advocates for resouce control/ separation  are hesitating. They don't seem to. Be too sure any more. Why is the agitation waning a d dwindling?NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by LogicMind: 9:47pm On Feb 19, 2012
@ nagoma

There is a parasitic situation. The problem is that the host is too weak to get rid of the parasite because of a powerful foreign body that has formed a symbiotic relationship with the parasite in other to benefit from the resources of the host.

The agressive advocates are hesitating because their brother is in power. That is the same reason why some in the north are murmuring separation.

However no northern leader has publicly called for separation. On the contrary, even the retired ones have threatened to put back their uniforms and fight another war in other to maintain this parasitic relationship.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Beaf: 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2012
nagoma:

@Logic Mind

Spot on! You are right. Perhaps there is no parasitic situation , just commensals in a symbiotic relationship or the so called parasite may even be a saprophyte feeding on necrotic tissue. The only way to find out for sure is to severe the relationship and the alleged parasite is asking for that. By the way it appears to the aggressive advocates for resouce control/ separation  are hesitating. They don't seem to. Be too sure any more. Why is the agitation waning a d dwindling?NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS.

Sir, you sound more like someone who needs a hug than a man who wants to leave the room and shut the door. Perhaps the situation is unfair to you as an individual, but that problem should be laid squarely at the feet of the core-Northern elite. You should be able to go after your bad leaders the same way Delta state (for example) went after the phucker, James Ibori; relentlessly and totally.

Anyway's announcing that you wanna leave on NL just doesn't cut it, you need to get at least a youth leader to hold a press conference or to issue a bulletin or set up a serious website etc.
Give us a bell if you need any help with things like strategic thinkers, militants, mobilisation etc. lol

I wanna be an honourary citizen of Arewa. cool
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by nagoma(m): 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2012
If you were really successful I wouldn't have to do anything as you would be in Delta republic or kingdom swimming in oil with no parasites at all. And Uduaghan is not much better than ibori - the criminal who forced 8 yr tyranny and looting on a supposedly street wise population. Some aspects of you ideas may still come in handy.
Nothing personal on my side ,I count myself comfortable and upwardly mobile inspite of the tribal cabal . But I think of others who are less fortunate  and I also   Reciprocate In detesting others and there are millions of us who have that reciprocal feeling. They just need the awareness the less than 1 dollar a day 80 % of them live on, are not petrocents . They are the neglected  peasant farming output. The tomatoes the onions and beans and  grains. They must know how rich they are and how affluent and self sufficient they can be in a relatively short and silent independent period.
Honorary citizenship cannot be a priority but I personally have the oil for food program in mind. But talk is cheap ( and this applies both ways), the best talkers are not always the best actors.
Oh about the hug- I would rather be hugged by a rattle snake  than take such an offer from a condescending wind bag.
Let me just have the NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND THE SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS. fair ain't it?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by DaLover(m): 1:35am On Feb 20, 2012
nagoma:

If you were really successful I wouldn't have to do anything as you would be in Delta republic or kingdom swimming in oil with no parasites at all. And Uduaghan is not much better than ibori - the criminal who forced 8 yr tyranny and looting on a supposedly street wise population. Some aspects of you ideas may still come in handy.
Nothing personal on my side ,I count myself comfortable and upwardly mobile inspite of the tribal cabal . But I think of others who are less fortunate and I also Reciprocate In detesting others and there are millions of us who have that reciprocal feeling. They just need the awareness the less than 1 dollar a day 80 % of them live on, are not petrocents . They are the neglected peasant farming output. The tomatoes the onions and beans and grains. They must know how rich they are and how affluent and self sufficient they can be in a relatively short and silent independent period.
Honorary citizenship cannot be a priority but I personally have the oil for food program in mind. But talk is cheap ( and this applies both ways), the best talkers are not always the best actors.
Oh about the hug- I would rather be hugged by a rattle snake than take such an offer from a condescending wind bag.
Let me just have the NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND THE SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS. fair ain't it?

holy ghost fire burn all parasitic manifestations and infestations, nagoma u r one in 50 million, we need to see more zeal, more partion to leave, on our side we have shouted, fought, written, done all that is possible but the parasitic nature of the parasite is deeply engrained, please help initiate any sort of momentum on ur people, target is on or before 2015, south for southerners, north for terrorist, ARABA
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Sweetlemon(f): 8:03am On Feb 20, 2012
@Nagoma, no its not too late! Just swallow your pride and watch things change for the better.
May God open the eyes and hearts of Nigerians to see that breaking Nigeria up (while we still have the same group of politicians ruling us, while we stilll have this ''my tribe/village is better than yours'' mentality) will be the biggest mistake in history!
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Sweetlemon(f): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2012
@Nagoma, no its not too late! Just swallow your pride and watch things change for the better.
May God open the eyes and hearts of Nigerians to see that breaking Nigeria up (while we still have the same group of politicians ruling us, while we stilll have this ''my tribe/village is better than yours'' mentality) will be the biggest mistake in history!
@Da lover, you honestly believe no terrorist groups will emerge from the south after we spilt ehn? ok. what do you call the recent threats by mend to attack MTN and other SA coys (with mostly Nigerian staff in them) in the Niger delta? peace keeping
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by LogicMind: 9:11am On Feb 20, 2012
Sweetlemon:

@Da lover, you honestly believe no terrorist groups will emerge from the south after we spilt ehn? ok. what do you call the recent threats by mend to attack MTN and other SA coys (with mostly Nigerian staff in them) in the Niger delta? peace keeping

But then, they will be OUR OWN terrorists.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by DaLover(m): 9:29am On Feb 20, 2012
Sweetlemon:

terrorist group in south?? Do u regard mend as terrorist? Well i regard them asfreedom fighters, the bigger issue here is about economics, we r demanding going back to a situation where each state go back to the pre 1966 conditions where 50% tax was paid by each state or region to maintain running the federal government and the northerners say we r insulting them by making this demand,
To them the options are we remin as is, ie continue getting handouts from fg while orcastrating killings of southerners every once in a while or they leave the federation,
i support them getting out, because i cant stand my people being killed on the slightest excuse while as the same time funding extreme laziness,
But its not about talk on NL, lets see action,
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Sweetlemon(f): 9:41am On Feb 20, 2012
@Da lover, pray tell, but apart from collecting amnesty, what else have MEND achieved so far and how has that area become more developed?
how do you explain the innocent people they have killed and maimed in the quest for ''freedom''?
what do you call a threat to bomb/attack a company just because they are ''meddling'' in your affairs?
@logic mind, so what you are saying is that you will rather be killed by ethic violence in your state than be killed by boko haram? what difference would it make if at the end of the day, you will still be killed?
Pride is a destroyer, and it will swallow us if we do not learn how to swallow it now.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by LogicMind: 11:21am On Feb 20, 2012
no sweetlemon, you misunderstand me. the point is whether good or bad, we want to be on our own. we don't need your help nor your terrorists. we can help ourselves or get our own terrorists.

me personally would rather wallow in poverty proudly in my independent biafra than begging for handouts in this entity named by lord luggard's ashawo.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by emmke(m): 11:53am On Feb 20, 2012
is evil to call another human parasites. More so people whom u do not feed. People who toil under the sun daily to feed themselves. Nagoma i feel u.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by LogicMind: 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
emmke:

is evil to call another human parasites. More so people whom u do not feed. People who toil under the sun daily to feed themselves. Nagoma i feel u.

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

Same for parasites mate. Call it what it is. Tell the children the truth.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by emmke(m): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2012
^ok mr. host
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Sweetlemon(f): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
@Logic mind, did you just say lord Lugards Ashawo? So you will call your fiancee, wife an ashawo?
Look at you posts! you say you will rather die of poverty in Biafra huh? look what pride can do to a person! If you die of poverty while your corrupt, Biafran president continues to suck your country dry, at the end what have you gained? what is is the use? You know what? At the rate at which we a are going, you wont only languish in poverty but some tribal clashes could also claim your life!
Pride is a destroyer, swallow it before it swallows you.
This is EXACTLY what is wrong with Nigeria. PRIDE and HATRED and they will continue haunting us as we keep breaking into smalller countries.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by jamace(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
SNC is crying for freedom. Let her be.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by DaLover(m): 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2012
Sweetlemon:

@Da lover, pray tell, but apart from collecting amnesty, what else have MEND achieved so far and how has that area become more developed?
how do you explain the innocent people they have killed and maimed in the quest for ''freedom''?
what do you call a threat to bomb/attack a company just because they are ''meddling'' in your affairs?
@logic mind, so what you are saying is that you will rather be killed by ethic violence in your state than be killed by boko haram? what difference would it make if at the end of the day, you will still be killed?
Pride is a destroyer, and it will swallow us if we do not learn how to swallow it now.

guy its a gradual thing, you may not be able to guage it, but the level of conciousness in the 9ja delta about the parasitic exploitation has increased, the current political dispensation is directly or indirectly related to the activities of mend, from this post, you can even tell that the hard core northerners are getting the message, no more leeching on us, sit down and become productive, is that too mush to ask for?

I once posted somewhere on NL that the greatest asset 9ja has is its population but sadly people feel its crude oil, see how the development of china dragged the whole of asia into the modern age, imagin how the hausas and yorubas can drag the entire black race forward, this can never happen while free oil wealth distribution continues,

Nagoma and other shameless fanatics cannot see the big picture, and what a good riddance to bad rubish it will be, the day they decide to part with us, you come here to tell me about subsistence farming and what it is doing for nigeria, obviously we r not talking on the same level and this kind of limited imagination is exactly what affects hausas today.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Sweetlemon(f): 8:08am On Feb 21, 2012
@Da Lover, I'm a babe not a 'guy'.
Thank God you know that it is a ''gradual thing'' so you should know that we just need to be patient while dealing with our problem from the root!
Swallow your pride! Start loving and respecting your Yoruba, Igbo, hausa, itshekiri etc neighbours while telling others to do so too. if that does not work then come back here and talk about spliting up and I will agree with you.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by DaLover(m): 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
Sweetlemon:

@Da Lover, I'm a babe not a 'guy'.
Thank God you know that it is a ''gradual thing'' so you should know that we just need to be patient while dealing with our problem from the root!
Swallow your pride! Start loving and respecting your Yoruba, Igbo, hausa, itshekiri etc neighbours while telling others to do so too. if that does not work then come back here and talk about spliting up and I will agree with you.
thanks for correcting the issue of ur sex,
what pride are you talking about? What is the essence of different groups living together? So i should swallow my pride and ask the northerners and yorubas to pay all their attention to crude oil and nothing else? The yorubas even try to pretend they are working hard for the control of the oil industry, but i sincerely cannot see what value the core north is thinking of bringing to the table, if they want to go, the door is wide open, there is no pride to be swallowed, be with us and contribute or get the hell out, shekina, end of story
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by auwal87(m): 4:29am On Feb 22, 2012
@nagoma, dede1, northsharp

Let us have a definite point of meeting. I already have a group which is well and teeming up, there is also a website under construction. We are working on printing small booklets for distribution in all Jumu'at Mosque around Arewa, with aim of educating our people the real deal of having an independent nation.

We will be glad also if you will join up for a meeting in April in Kano, only if and when convenient, dates not fixed yet, but still working on that.

I have met doctors, engineers, and some other professionals in different countries whom were all from Arewa, and I was surprised with their views of separating Nigeria, all are supportive and are willing to participate in any event that will come up anywhere in Arewa. I am currently at Umrah in KSA, yesterday 2 people discussing about Arewa were all calling for an end to this union.

Long Live Arewa Republic!
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by nagoma(m): 9:25am On Feb 22, 2012
@Auwal87

Good to hear that. I am also working with a group resident in Abuja and also thru mails and text messages. I do visit kano regularly, please let me know through NL when you return to kano. We can link the groups up. We are also working on a website. We should of course have only one website. I have no doubt in my mind that this (SEPARATION)  the greatest idea for Nigeria and for peaceful neighborliness. NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS.
I will ignore all those vile and vicious detractors , especially the obviously ignorant ones.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by DaLover(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2012
^^^ great news auwal87, i sincerely pray a strategy that adopts peace is agreed on, please no more loss of life. May allah be with you in this pursuit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 FRSC Officers Killed In Kano / Nigerian Media Hail ''Infrastructural Boom'' In The Country / How Can Sick Soldiers Be In Full Regalia In Hospital Bed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.