Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box (6634 Views)

How Linda Ikeji Open Up The Pandora's Box / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / Jonathan Rules Out Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by auwal87(m): 11:38pm On Feb 22, 2012
nagoma:

@Auwal87

Good to hear that. I am also working with a group resident in Abuja and also thru mails and text messages. I do visit kano regularly, please let me know through NL when you return to kano. We can link the groups up. We are also working on a website. We should of course have only one website. I have no doubt in my mind that this (SEPARATION)  the greatest idea for Nigeria and for peaceful neighborliness. NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS.
I will ignore all those vile and vicious detractors , especially the obviously ignorant ones.

Great! I will beam you up when I return, meanwhile the website domain has already being registered under the group's name. There are various options though, but we will get to that point.

What is your opinion of our diminishing culture and values? Do you think any society will develop after abandoning its own cultural values and borrowing from others?

We had a system which was fully compatible with our society, abandoned. We need to sanitize and empower our emirates to give them better roles to play in the country. Cost of governance must be very minimal to make it inattractive to the corrupt one Nigerians. We will start from the roots upwards, non stop, education, security, health, infrastructure as the toppest priority. We need accountability and control not only financial but demographical and social aspects.

We can do it, take ideas, digest it, apply it, enforce it. Law must be abided by all, no immunity of any sort, not now not ever. Economy must be free, invite all, employment must be "Northerner first" as Sardauna always say. If there isnt any qualified then somebody from outside continent with experience. Let us do it the Dubai way, fast, organized, wise, confidence, dedication, and quality. We shouldn't compete with Malaysia or Iran, but with US or Uk then we will pass Malaysia and Iran on our way to becoming like China or Japan, think big, dream big, achieve more. Just as I noticed, nearly 80% of products imported to Arewa are not coming through Lagos, we can add more routes, create dry ports, working and attractive freezones, 100% govt maintained housing plans. Resources, IT are hot cakes for employing youths. Create the system, provide space and investment will come in because we have the population.

more and more on blue prints being digested every day from different sources, this is real development and within our lifetime we will have a successful viable nation.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by emmke(m): 8:35am On Feb 23, 2012
^ with the vast expanse of land in the north, mechanised and technologically advanced agriculture will be key, as is intense exploration and exploitation of solid minerals. But of course u will need a highly educated masses to achieve these, so that should also be a priority. Go the botswanan way. We all will be good
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by nagoma(m): 8:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
@Auwal 87

Thank you very much. I am also in transit at the moment. I will catch up with u soon. I should be in Abuja next week. (ISA)
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by auwal87(m): 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
nagoma:

@Auwal 87

Thank you very much. I am also in transit at the moment. I will catch up with u soon. I should be in Abuja next week. (ISA)

I wish you a peaceful journey.

I am back now, and we will move forward from this point I am sure, just let me know when you are back too.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by auwal87(m): 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2012
emmke:

^ with the vast expanse of land in the north, mechanised and technologically advanced agriculture will be key, as is intense exploration and exploitation of solid minerals. But of course u will need a highly educated masses to achieve these, so that should also be a priority. Go the botswanan way. We all will be good

Of course, Agriculture employs 70% of the population, we will have to modernize the system, educate farmers on modern irrigation, sustainable agriculture, not only plant to eat, but plant to cash. We have 100s of dams, we will make them to good use, we will build more where required. We have so much potential, but I cannot see any light if we remain with Nigeria. Nigeria is what is holding our developments (both North, East, and West). Our potentials will be much higher if we are all independent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Africans Lazy? / 5 Different Ways Tinubu Enslaved Lagosians To Join The Billion Dollar Club / Arewa Community In Lagos To Hold Mega Rally For Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.