Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (115145 Views)

Poll: Is self-service a sin?

Yes: 68% (73 votes)
No: 19% (21 votes)
I don't know: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2012
^^^
I have said it and will repeat the same thing. We don't have to go in circles. If you don't mind and you want to open another thread to discuss this subject, that is fine by me. Just invite my I.d in the title of the thread. My point remains, the fact that Christ becomes sin for us does not mean we should go ahead sin. The problem is you are NOT rightly dividing the word of truth. Balance your teachings and you will be fine.

Is Revelation 21:8 in your bible?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2012
Goshen360:

Seriously, am DONE with this topic IF NOT THE FACT THAT YOU MENTIONED MY I.D. Can you and I deal with this issue here step-by-step or do we create another thread to deal with this? We will explain biblical meaning of sin and ask/answer some basic questions about sin/mastubation. Let me know what you want and we delve into it. Thanks
here is ok, d matter we r dealing wit is 'mastur.b@tion, a sin'. Nd pls lets not digress, nd lets leave any pastor out of this, talk to me...if u agree, go on with ur points, i'm all ears
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
ATMC: here is ok, d matter we r dealing wit is 'mastur.b@tion, a sin'. Nd pls lets not digress, nd lets leave any pastor out of this, talk to me...if u agree, go on with ur points, i'm all ears

Let start with the definition of mastubation. What is your definition of mastubation?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 6:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
Goshen360:

Let start with the definition of mastubation. What is your definition of mastubation?
Stimulation of d sexual organ so as to produce organ...
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
ATMC: Stimulation of d sexual organ so as to produce organ...

In addition to your definition of mastubation, this is from Webster dictionary online:

Definition of MAST-URBATION

Erotic stimulation especially of one's own gen-ital organs commonly resulting in orgasm and achieved by manual or other bodily contact exclusive of sex-ual intercourse, by instrumental manipulation, occasionally by sex-ual fantasies, or by various combinations of these agencies

Do you agree with this definition of Webster?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
Goshen360:

In addition to your definition of mastubation, this is from Webster dictionary online:

Definition of MAST-URBATION

Erotic stimulation especially of one's own gen-ital organs commonly resulting in orgasm and achieved by manual or other bodily contact exclusive of sex-ual intercourse, by instrumental manipulation, occasionally by sex-ual fantasies, or by various combinations of these agencies

Do you agree with this definition of Webster?
i do, so?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
^
So when a person does that, what is such person doing to his/her body....which is the temple of God (if born again)

If we are talking about someone not born again, NO PROBLEM o. It might be okay for the worldly people but am talking about a believer or true christian.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 10:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
Goshen360: ^
So when a person does that, what is such person doing to his/her body....which is the temple of God (if born again)

You tell us what you think he is doing to his body. What is a man who is chewing Gum doing to his body?

If we are talking about someone not born again, NO PROBLEM o. It might be okay for the worldly people but am talking about a believer or true christian.

You guys makes it looks as though someone is encouraging mastubation. That's the attitude Paul complain about in Rom 3:8 . No spiritual man will encourage any person to do mastubation . The. Question is . Has anyone who done it committed a sin against God? . My answer is No. But that doesnt take away the fact that it's a bad habit. Pastor Christ was very clear on this, he said .the way to stop a bad habit is to replace it with a good one.

Whoever say mastubation is Cain against God is simply adding to scripture.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 10:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
Joagbaje:

You tell us what you think he is doing to his body. [size=15pt]What is a man who is chewing Gum doing to his body?[/size]

You guys makes it looks as though someone is encouraging mastubation. That's the attitude Paul complain about in Rom 3:8 . No spiritual man will encourage any person to do mastubation . The. Question is . Has anyone who done it committed a sin against God? . My answer is No. But that doesnt take away the fact that it's a bad habit. [size=15pt]Pastor Christ was very clear on this, he said .the way to stop a bad habit is to replace it with a good one.[/size]

Whoever say mastubation is Cain against God is simply adding to scripture.

Why are you being like one of religious hypocrites. I am done talking this matter with you. If not that ATMC mentioned my i.d, I wont have said anything. NOW TELL US, WHAT IS THE CORRELATION BETWEEN CHEWING GUM AND MASTUBATION? What is wrong with you?

Secondly on the Bolded. Yes, Pastor said the guy should just stop it by replacing it with good habit. The problem of you and your heresy is that you take mastubation as mere habit. Smh. No body will question or attack what pastor chris said should he had stopped at that statement but he went on to say IT IS NOT A SIN AGAINST GOD AND GOD GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, IT'S YOUR BODY. This is pure heresy! Very Simple because the body of a believer is no more his when such believer comes to Christ but it's the Lords and it is the temple of God.

Jesus said, if ANYMAN will be His disciple, he must deny SELF. Do you understand what the Lord meant by that statement? Joagbaje, am DONE TALKING TO YOU AS FAR AS THIS MATTER IS CONCERNED,OKAY.

Am talking to ATMC PLEASEEEEEEEEES. IT IS VERY CLEAR YOU CAN DIE WITH CHRIS. I DON'T HAVE ISSUES WITH THAT, DON'T JUST BRING YOUR HERESIES HERE. OKAY. YOU JUST GO ARROUND THAT IT IS NOT A SIN AND YOU CANT EVEN PROVE IT ALSO AND WHEN WE SHOW YOU FROM THE WORD OF GOD YOU START GOING IN CIRCLE. PLEASEEEEEEEESSSSSS.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 27, 2012
It's simple logic.
God views murder as a sin. Yet David and the rest would kill people in wars. Therefore, a sin is not the action, but the context in which the action takes place.

How do we relate this to masturbation?

Masturbating, for sexual relief, is definitely a sin, because you must 'think' about sexual thoughts. Here the actions, thoughts and contexts go hand in hand. JoAGBAJE would rather prefer to go round in circles claiming one can masturbate 'without thinking'. This is someone who claims to have never masturbated, imagine.

Eating is not a sin. Gluttony is according to JoAgbaje. Yet, using his own arguments, one can also claim that gluttony is a bad habit not a sin...
I wonder how that works out.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 2:50am On Apr 27, 2012
Goshen360: ^

no point made yet...cos dt one has urge nd decides to relieve himself or herself by use of his or her hand doesn't mean anything...i use to think dt its sin until some yrs back. If truth be told, its no sin. A virgin girl has urge once every month...nature made it so...she may not know what is happening to her but she finds herself going...at a particular time of d month. She can relieve herself without feeling guilty.there is no law in d bible against it, y r pple trying to make a case where there is none.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 3:02am On Apr 27, 2012
musKeeto: It's simple logic.
God views murder as a sin. Yet David and the rest would kill people in wars. Therefore, a sin is not the action, but the context in which the action takes place.

Masturbating, for sexual relief, is definitely a sin, because you must 'think' about sexual thoughts. Here the actions, thoughts and contexts go hand in hand. JoAGBAJE would rather prefer to go round in circles claiming one can masturbate 'without thinking'. This is someone who claims to have never masturbated, imagine.

Eating is not a sin. Gluttony is according to JoAgbaje. Yet, using his own arguments, one can also claim that gluttony is a bad habit not a sin...

d point u made has a problem...talking about gluttony: u know d jews called jesus a gluton...do u think it was a mere nick name, nay, jesus liked food nd dt's y martha went preparing food for him b4 he called her to order. D point is there is a difference btw a habit nd sin. Dt jesus had a habit of eating does not make him a sinner. Same goes for self relief, moreover u can have what seems to be a good habit b4 men but it may not count b4 god. Do u know dt when a wife goes down on her hubby or vice versa, dt its self relief? Nothing is wrong with it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 3:55am On Apr 27, 2012
ATMC: no point made yet...[size=15pt]cos dt one has urge nd decides to relieve himself or herself by use of his or her hand doesn't mean anything[/size]...i use to think dt its sin until some yrs back. If truth be told, its no sin. A virgin girl has urge once every month...nature made it so...she may not know what is happening to her but she finds herself going...at a particular time of d month. She can relieve herself without feeling guilty.there is no law in d bible against it, y r pple trying to make a case where there is none.

From the above highlighted, I conclude your mind IS ALREADY MADE UP. YOU WON'T SEE SENSE IN WHATEVER I SAY HERE. Feel free to continue whatever you believe BUT AS MUCH AS I SHARE THE LOVE OF CHRIST WITH YOU, IF YOU DESIRE HEAVEN; KINDLY READ 1 Corinthians 7:9 from ALL available translations. You can read all translations from here: http://www.biblegateway.com/

God bless you.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 27, 2012
Goshen, no worry, I go handle d issue for you.. cheesy

ATMC: d point u made has a problem...talking about gluttony: u know d jews called jesus a gluton...do u think it was a mere nick name, nay, jesus liked food nd dt's y martha went preparing food for him b4 he called her to order. D point is there is a difference btw a habit nd sin. Dt jesus had a habit of eating does not make him a sinner. Same goes for self relief, moreover u can have what seems to be a good habit b4 men but it may not count
b4 god. Do u know dt when a wife goes down on her hubby or vice versa, dt its self relief? Nothing is wrong with it.

Of course, we know there's a difference between a habit and sin. You say masturbation is a 'bad' habit... What makes a habit 'bad'?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 9:10am On Apr 27, 2012
musKeeto: Goshen, no worry, I go handle d issue for you.. cheesy

Of course, we know there's a difference between a habit and sin. You say masturbation is a 'bad' habit... What makes a habit 'bad'?
did i say so?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 27, 2012
My bad...
So self-service is just a habit? neither good nor bad?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 11:23am On Apr 27, 2012
musKeeto: My bad...
So self-service is just a habit? neither good nor bad?
what makes a habit bad?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 27, 2012
Now you're asking my question.. you should probably ask JoAgbaje...
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2012
musKeeto: Now you're asking my question.. you should probably ask JoAgbaje...
i'm really not cut out for arguments but for d fact dt we know in bits nd often think we've known all there is to a matter...there is a thin line btw good nd bad...whether a habit is good or bad depends on d effect d habit has on a person...so far d effect of masturbation is what actually determines whether d habit has become bad or not. Outside this, it relieves dt's y d name self relief...u get, nothing's absolutely good or bad. Everything is relative,
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2012
At the end, we'll both be saying the same thing.. goodness gracious,, all these NL arguments..
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2012
musKeeto: At the end, we'll both be saying the same thing.. goodness gracious,, all these NL arguments..
i don't argue, i simply exchange views...our saying d same thing i take to mean u agree MAST-UR-B@TION is not sin cos dt's what i'm saying...js
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2012
ATMC: i don't argue, i simply exchange views...our saying d same thing i take to mean u agree MAST-UR-B@TION is not sin cos dt's what i'm saying...js
Good..

musKeeto: It's simple logic.

Your statement 'Maturbation is not a sin' is wrong... Masturbation can be a 'sin'.... I suspect you agree with this statement cos you of course tried to cite examples to justify your stance..
ATMC: no point made yet...cos dt one has urge nd decides to relieve himself or herself by use of his or her hand doesn't mean anything...i use to think dt its sin until some yrs back. If truth be told, its no sin.[b] A virgin girl has urge once every month...nature made it so...she may not know what is happening to her but she finds herself going...at a particular time of d month. She can relieve herself without feeling guilty.[/b]there is no law in d bible against it, y r pple trying to make a case where there is none.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2012
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2012
Goshen360:

Why are you being like one of religious hypocrites. I am done talking this matter with you. If not that ATMC mentioned my i.d, I wont have said anything. NOW TELL US, WHAT IS THE CORRELATION BETWEEN CHEWING GUM AND MASTUBATION? What is wrong with you?

Secondly on the Bolded. Yes, Pastor said the guy should just stop it by replacing it with good habit. The problem of you and your heresy is that you take mastubation as mere habit. Smh. No body will question or attack what pastor chris said should he had stopped at that statement but he went on to say IT IS NOT A SIN AGAINST GOD AND GOD GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, IT'S YOUR BODY. This is pure heresy! Very Simple because the body of a believer is no more his when such believer comes to Christ but it's the Lords and it is the temple of God.

Jesus said, if ANYMAN will be His disciple, he must deny SELF. Do you understand what the Lord meant by that statement? Joagbaje, am DONE TALKING TO YOU AS FAR AS THIS MATTER IS CONCERNED,OKAY.

Am talking to ATMC PLEASEEEEEEEEES. IT IS VERY CLEAR YOU CAN DIE WITH CHRIS. I DON'T HAVE ISSUES WITH THAT, DON'T JUST BRING YOUR HERESIES HERE. OKAY. YOU JUST GO ARROUND THAT IT IS NOT A SIN AND YOU CANT EVEN PROVE IT ALSO AND WHEN WE SHOW YOU FROM THE WORD OF GOD YOU START GOING IN CIRCLE. PLEASEEEEEEEESSSSSS.

You just don't want to hear the truth that's why you want to shut me up. Okay you have won. I said earlier I have helped many out of mastubation. So I do t encourage anyone to do it. But its a sin for you to labell something as a sin against God when God never said so. You are using your religious emotion to add to scriptures.

I once asked a question . If you claim that's it's a sin against God. What of those who do medical sperrm test. And they have to mastubate in a speciall room. Many of the patients are Christians. Have they sinned too? Can I get a yes or know answer. If you say they have sinned . I will clap for you. But if you say it's not a sin in the hospital , you're hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2012
And you've lost... nice to be a loser for once, right? cool cool cool cool
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2012
Joagbaje:
You just don't want to hear the truth that's why you want to shut me up. Okay you have won.

Go keep your truth heresy to yourself.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2012
^ do the same to your heresies
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
musKeeto: And you've lost... nice to be a loser for once, right? cool cool cool cool

No winner yet ,My question is still open .
If you claim that's it's a sin against God. What of those who do medical sperrm test. And they have to mastubate in a speciall room. Many of the patients are Christians. Have they sinned too?

Can you answer yes or no
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2012
wow... wonderful editing Mr. JoAgbaje.. do you have Microsoft NairaWord processor on your system... I thought you just said Goshen won...
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
Joagbaje: ^ do the same to your heresies

@ Joagbaje,

If you think I preach heresy, go here and attend to the truth your cult organization is teaching: https://www.nairaland.com/924786/wife-would-rather-pay-tithe
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2012
musKeeto: wow... wonderful editing Mr. JoAgbaje.. do you have Microsoft NairaWord processor on your system... I thought you just said Goshen won...

Ok I get your point. I do edit my post a lot . Many afterthought . I didn't break no rule.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
Goshen360:

@ Joagbaje,
If you think I preach heresy, go here and attend to the truth your cult organization is teaching: https://www.nairaland.com/924786/wife-would-rather-pay-tithe

Thanks I'm not interested . You can get your own cult to attend to it. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.