Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,034 members, 7,956,831 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand (2304 Views)

(HELP) I'm in love with him but his Dick is too Small (pics) Rated 18+ only / 11 Signs That He Is Madly In Love With You / 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by litusista(f): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2012
I have this friend that i really like very much. he's a geek. He loves programming, reading and he's actually very intelligent. we've been very close friends for like 4 years now. there is practically nothing i dont know about him, and he also knows a lot about me.
i discovered i was in love with him 2 years ago. i tried ignoring it but the feelings only grew stronger. i avoided him for a while, but it was hard, cos i still did not get over him. i took a bold step, and told him how i felt about him about a year ago. he said he's not sure he felt the same way, and that he wasnt ready for commitments. i felt hurt and immediately moved on. somehow we became close friends again, and each time i told him i tried withdrawing, he would start begging me, telling me i was his best friend and dat he could not afford to loose me. We've been through a lot together. We play and have fun and talk like everyday. Most of our friends even think we are dating. Several guys have asked me out, but i cant seem to get him out of my mind. About 2 months ago, i summoned courage again and i told him i loved him. (But i told him to keep it off record, that i just wanted him to know). I know he likes me but i dont understand him. he said he doesnt know what it means to have feelings cos he doesnt really understand the idea. he spends like 12 hours a day on his computer writing codes, and doing computer stuff. i'm also an ICT person so i understand his commitments.
But Could it be that he's just too engrossed with his books, and career, or he really cannot feel?
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by Dyt(f): 11:34am On Feb 22, 2012
u jst said geek
wat else do dey know
bt m sure if u stay away 4 a wyl, he ll know wat feelings r or cld b he doesnt feel 4 u
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by litusista(f): 11:38am On Feb 22, 2012
he calls me pet names, buys me gifts, and always wants to know if any guy has asked me out. he trusts me with confidential information and we've gone out on dates, i dont think he doesnt have feelings. he said its not consistent,
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by webcam(m): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2012
please try to respect his desire to be a friend remember dont waste much of ur time on planning to be in relationship with him, be who you are dont pretend he might change is mind as god require
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by werepeLeri: 11:51am On Feb 22, 2012
hey - OP

He wants to be just a friend - keep it that way - do you love him as a person, or you love him romantically?

Dont spoil your friendship, that you are good friends doesnt mean you will end up as great lovers - try to move on and let him know who you are with. Or else, keep your emotions in check - i.e. mas.tubate. hahahaha.
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by webcam(m): 11:57am On Feb 22, 2012
I GUESS HE LOVE YOU AND CARE FOR YOU BUT HE IS TOO ENGROSSED WITH HIS BOOKS AND CAREER WHICH MIGHT TAKE HIM MORE YRS BEFORE HE SETTLE DOWN AND HE DONT WANT TO WASTE UR TIME, YOU TOLD HIM TWO MONTH AGO AND HE HAS NEVER COMMENT ON THAT AGAIN AFTER THAT DAY YOU TOLD HIM?GET UR SELF HOOK TO A MAN OR PRETEND AS IF YOU HAVE BEEN HOOK AND SEE HIS REACTION TOWARD YOU, BUT PLEASE RESPECT HIS DESIRE TO KEEP UR FRIENDSHIP
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by webcam(m): 12:01pm On Feb 22, 2012
I GUESS HE LOVE YOU AND CARE FOR YOU BUT HE IS TOO ENGROSSED WITH HIS BOOKS AND CAREER WHICH MIGHT TAKE HIM MORE YRS BEFORE HE SETTLE DOWN AND HE DONT WANT TO WASTE UR TIME, YOU TOLD HIM TWO MONTH AGO AND HE HAS NEVER COMMENT ON THAT AGAIN AFTER THAT DAY YOU TOLD HIM?GET UR SELF HOOK TO A MAN OR PRETEND AS IF YOU HAVE BEEN HOOK AND SEE HIS REACTION TOWARD YOU, BUT PLEASE RESPECT HIS DESIRE TO KEEP UR FRIENDSHIP
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
He likes you as a female friend. Dnt waste your time.
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by tpia5: 12:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
How many times did you say you told him again?

About your love that is.

I think i lost count, no offence.
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by litusista(f): 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2012
tpia@:

How many times did you say you told him again?

About your love that is.

I think i lost count, no offence.

does it matter? what matters is that i told him.
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by mobf: 12:32pm On Feb 22, 2012
Be his friend , nothing more, there's somethings you just can't force. Don't torture yourself by hoping against hope
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by kokoye(m): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
See now o.

The guy don tell you say he just wants to be your friend. . . you no gree.

Now when katakata burst, you'll be crying that men are heartless; men are dogs . . blah blah blah.

He may be a geek but still, he knows what he wants. . . and you are not it right now.

get it?
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by arrived(m): 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
Op, na by force? Person say hin no love u, u wan kill yourself. Abeg free d guy, he only loves u as a friend. Go look for another person.
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by SAFO(m): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2012
Finally a story that doesn't involve cheating, violation, polygamy or pallys in desperate need of advice.

I was beginning to wonder where all the normal people were.
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by Homar(m): 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2012
Op just date another person and belive me if he truly loves you the way you do he will surly come for you but if he does not come for u you must move on and find another person who loves u .
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by Mobinga: 8:16pm On Feb 22, 2012
Uninstall every software on his laptop.
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 22, 2012
^
Buhahahahahahaha. Mobinga, u wan make the guy peme?
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by Acidosis(m): 12:05am On Feb 23, 2012
Mobinga:

Uninstall every software on his laptop.
format his system my dearest litu sista
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by Nobody: 1:53am On Feb 23, 2012
You've told him twice how you feel and he has never reciprocated.

He has told you you're his best friend; maybe that's all he sees you as.
You can't force feelings that aren't there.
Re: I'm In Love With A Geek: But He Cant Seem To Understand by pato405(m): 1:34am On Feb 24, 2012
Yield:

You've told him twice how you feel and he has never reciprocated.

He has told you you're his best friend; maybe that's all he sees you as.
You can't force feelings that aren't there.

you can say that again !

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Men Now The Gold Diggers? / Should he ditch her or still give her time? / Is It Encouraging Or Advisable To Remain A Virgin Even At 30?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.