Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! (15409 Views)

Speaking In Unknown Tongues (part 1). / TB Joshua On Leadership Newspaper Interview: I Never Spoke With Anyone / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by PA1982(f): 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2012
They say Truth is the Daughter of Time.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2012
PA1982:

They say Truth is the Daughter of Time.
And evil men 4ked her,
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 26, 2012
I think Christians should start questioning some stuffs in that bible Even Joeagabaje acknowledged sometime that not all stuffs in the bible is for every christians profit. so why would you swallow every pauls doctrine right to the base? what if some of his 'teachings actually contradicted to peters', james, jude and even Jesus'. at some point paul began sounding like New Age teacher and some of his teachings seem to be influence with external ideas and some philosophical teachings.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by FXKing2012(m): 7:40pm On Feb 26, 2012
It's easy to spot those who dont believe in speaking/praying in tongues despite being very clearly stated in the Bible. Even Paul thanked God for speaking in tongues more than others.
This thread is a waste of space!
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by PA1982(f): 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2012
musKeeto:

And evil men 4ked her,

Please keep your vulgarity to yourself.

diluminati:

I think Christians should start questioning some stuffs in that bible Even Joeagabaje acknowledged sometime that not all stuffs in the bible is for every christians profit. so why would you swallow every pauls doctrine right to the base? what if some of his 'teachings actually contradicted to peters', james, jude and even Jesus'. at some point paul began sounding like New Age teacher and some of his teachings seem to be influence with external ideas and some philosophical teachings.

And that's not even beginning to broach the subject of the authorship of some of the Pauline Epistles.
Here's more on the subject of Paul's writings:

http://www.rejectionofpascalswager.net/paulorigin.html

FXKing2012:

It's easy to spot those who dont believe in speaking/praying in tongues despite being very clearly stated in the Bible. Even Paul thanked God for speaking in tongues more than others.

Of course you read and understood my posts on this thread, didn't you?
Glossolalia is a well studied subject. It has nothing to do with Christianity and a LOT to do with showmanship. wink
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2012
@PA1982

thanks for that link. my analysis coming up soon

FXKing2012:

you can believe in anything even juju. i've fooled people like you time and time and times over again and i could use you too. for someone who watched a youtube video of purported levitation magic and believed it was real, says so much about you. when will you start using your brain to reason? ehn?
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2012
PA1982:

Please keep your vulgarity to yourself.

And that's not even beginning to broach the subject of the authorship of some of the Pauline Epistles.
Here's more on the subject of Paul's writings:

http://www.rejectionofpascalswager.net/paulorigin.html

Of course you read and understood my posts on this thread, didn't you?
Glossolalia is a well studied subject. It has nothing to do with Christianity and a LOT to do with showmanship. wink

Great link. My apologies for the profanity, :-)
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by stildude(m): 8:07pm On Feb 26, 2012
@Diluminati and Pa1982 Y'all have been quoting Paul since. Now is just a man. Tell me one book of the bible that was not written by man. 2 Tim 3.16. all scriptures  are inspired by God and put down by men. Now I know where this is going. I will not indulge you. It is obvious what you are.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by stildude(m): 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2012
v
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by stildude(m): 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2012
Diluminati and pa1982
Gerd Lüdemann (born 5 July 1946 in Visselhövede), is a German New Testament scholar. He taught this subject from 1983 to 1999 at the Faculty of Theology of the University of Göttingen. Since 1999 he has taught there with a special status as Chair of History and Literature of Early Christianity. He is married with four children and seven grandchildren.

After periods of teaching and research at McMaster University (1977–79) and Vanderbilt University (1979–82), he was appointed in 1983 to the Chair in New Testament Studies in the Theological Faculty of the University of Göttingen. Following a series of historically critical publications culminating in the publication of his book Der große Betrug: Und was Jesus wirklich sagte und tat (The Great Deception: And What Jesus Really Said and Did) in 1999, in which he argued that only about five per cent of the sayings attributed to Jesus are genuine and the historical evidence does not support the claims of traditional Christianity, the Confederation of Protestant Churches in Lower Saxony called for his dismissal from the Chair of New Testament Studies. Lüdemann stated that his studies convinced him that his previous Christian faith, based as it was on Biblical Studies, had become impossible: 'the person of Jesus himself becomes insufficient as a foundation of faith once most of the New Testament statements about him have proved to be later interpretations by the community'.[1]

Although the call for his dimissal was rejected by the state government of Lower Saxony, the members of the faculty, under pressure from the Church, complained to the University President that Professor Lüdemann had "fundamentally put in question the intrinsic soundness of Protestant theology at the University". As a result the Chair of New Testament was renamed the Chair of History and Literature of Early Christianity, his research funding was cut and his teaching was no longer part of the curriculum. Ludemann complained that 'most of my colleagues have long since left the principles of the Church behind them yet still seek to attach themselves to this tradition by symbolic interpretation and by other interpretative skills'.[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerd_L%C3%BCdemann

Bauer was born in Königsberg, East Prussia, and raised in Marburg,[1] where his father was a professor. He studied theology at the universities of Marburg, Strassburg, and Berlin. Bauer taught at Breslau and Göttingen, where he later died.

[edit] Teachings

In his Rechtgläubigkeit und Ketzerei im ältesten Christentum (Tübingen 1934; a second edition, edited by Georg Strecker, Tübingen 1964, was translated as Orthodoxy and Heresy in Earliest Christianity 1971), Bauer developed his thesis that in earliest Christianity, orthodoxy and heresy do not stand in relation to one another as primary to secondary, but in many regions heresy is the original manifestation of Christianity. Bauer reassessed as a historian the overwhelmingly dominant view[2] that for the period of Christian origins, ecclesiastical doctrine already represented what is primary, while heresies, on the other hand somehow are a deviation from the genuine (Bauer, "Introduction"wink.

Bauer's translator, Robert A. Kraft, characterized his sophisticated, nuanced writing style, which
"presents a complex and frustrating problem for the translator who hopes to capture something of the "tone" or "flavor" of the original as well as representing accurately its content. Bauer writes in a dynamic and highly sophisticated manner, mixing precision with irony and even insinuation, pictorial language with careful presentation of the historical evidence, hypotheses and caveats with the subtle use of overstatement and understatement in cleverly nuanced expressions. His German is literary but not necessarily formal. Long sentences with closely interrelated parts appear alongside brief, sometimes cryptic or oblique comments couched in clever, often scholarly German idiom. Frequently the presentation flows along rapidly in an exciting manner, despite the difficulties of the subject matter— but its flow is such that the motion is difficult to capture in translation, and is sometimes even difficult to follow in the original."
Through studies of historical records Bauer concluded that what came to be known as orthodoxy was just one of numerous forms of Christianity in the early centuries. It was the form of Christianity practiced in Rome that exercised the uniquely dominant influence over the development of orthodoxy[3] and acquired the majority of converts over time. This was largely due to the greater resources available to the Christians in Rome and due to the conversion to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine I. Practitioners of what became orthodoxy then rewrote the history of the conflict making it appear that this view had always been the majority one. Writings in support of other views were systematically destroyed.

Bauer's conclusions contradicted nearly 1600 years of writing on church history and thus were met with much skepticism[4] among Christian academics such as Walther Völker (see below).

The cultural isolation of Nazi Germany precluded a wider dissemination of Bauer's ideas until after World War II; in the international field of biblical scholarship, Bauer continued to be known solely as the compiler of the monumental Wörterbuch zu den Schriften des Neuen Testaments (in its English translation A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature or simply the Bauer lexicon), which has become standard. Rechtgläubigkeit und Ketzerei was finally translated into English in 1970 and published in 1971.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Bauer

These are the sort of people you quote in a christian forum. Kenneth Hagin  is bad but bauer and ludemann are good. You are showing more clearly who you really are - atheists. If you wanted to discuss theology, you should have said so, and I am sure many people would have stayed away from this thread. We all thought you have genuine intentions to learn. Both Authors you have quoted are german, a people at one time that sort to eliminate the jews a people of the lineage of Paul and Jesus. Since you have all turned into and atheist and theological thread, I am out of here.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2012
@PA1982

these are the opening lines from that link

", it is, a fact of history that St. Paul and his successors added to,, , or imposed upon, or substituted another doctrine for, the plain, teachings of Jesus, "
H.G. Wells (1866-1946)

"The conversion of Paul was no conversion at all: it was Paul who converted the religion that has raised one man above sin and death into a religion that delivered millions of men so completely into their dominion that their own common nature became a horror to them, and the religious life became a denial of life."
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

hmmm its gonna be interesting
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by FXKing2012(m): 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2012
stildude:

@Diluminati and Pa1982 Y'all have been quoting Paul since. Now is just a man. Tell me one book of the bible that was not written by man. 2 Tim 3.16. all scriptures  are inspired by God and put down by men. Now I know where this is going. I will not indulge you. It is obvious what you are.

These people are atheists and non-Christians, that is why it is so easy for them to twist the Bible and talk against the power of the Holy Spirit cos they dont even know the consequences.

Pls dont indulge them.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Joagbaje(m): 6:25am On Feb 27, 2012
@mr bible

MrBible:

Are you saying that 'praying in tongues' is allowed in the church? There is no mention in the Bible of praying in tongues, so why make up this 'praying in tongues'.

1 Corinthians 14:14-15
14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Tongue was used for several things ,there is singing in tongues, prophesying in tongues , preaching in tongues ,etc
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 27, 2012
Joeagbaje has not logically defined this Unknown Tongue. ok now for example, an unknown tongue can be a malay language right but to the speaker he doesnt know but it is a language right? so are you saying an unknown tongue is not a language but the kind of incoherent words you say?
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by PA1982(f): 8:08am On Feb 27, 2012
stildude:

You know that 2 Timothy is considered to have been written after Paul's death?
That it's not an actual Pauline Epistle?
I'm glad you seem to be getting the point- the bible is man-made, not God's inerrant Word.

stildude:

, You are showing more clearly who you really are - atheists.

Wrong again. I'm not an atheist.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by FXKing2012(m): 8:52am On Feb 27, 2012
PA1982:

You know that 2 Timothy is considered to have been written after Paul's death?
That it's not an actual Pauline Epistle?
I'm glad you seem to be getting the point- the bible is man-made, not God's inerrant Word.

Wrong again. I'm not an atheist.

Does that mean 2 Timothy is not part of the Bible? Thatz even if your assertion is true (lol)

The Bible is God's word and it is clearly stated in the Bible. I wonder how u even manage to utter these gibberish.

If u are not an atheist then what are u? But one thing I know for sure is u are definitely not a Christian cos u dont even believe in the Bible and in the Holy Spirit.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Joagbaje(m): 9:16am On Feb 27, 2012
diluminati:

Joeagbaje has not logically defined this Unknown Tongue. ok now for example, an unknown tongue can be a malay language right but to the speaker he doesnt know but it is a language right? so are you saying an unknown tongue is not a language but the kind of incoherent words you say?

Leave spiritual matters for spiritual people.

1 Corinthians 2:14
14 But the man who isn't a Christian can't understand and can't accept these thoughts from God, which the Holy Spirit teaches us. They sound foolish to him because only those who have the Holy Spirit within them can understand what the Holy Spirit means. Others just can't take it in.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2012
Joagbaje:

Leave spiritual matters for spiritual people.

dont fool yourself. you dont know what spiritual means. you have never seen a spirit, if they even exist. spiritual,spirits, are all inventions to keep you in religious bondage. Its only your mind at work. You need to know what your mind can do, wonders i must say!
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by FXKing2012(m): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2012
diluminati:

dont fool yourself. you dont know what spiritual means. you have never seen a spirit, if they even exist. spiritual,spirits, are all inventions to keep you in religious bondage. Its only your mind at work. You need to know what your mind can do, wonders i must say!

Chai! This is ignorance at its height.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Joagbaje(m): 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2012

Psalms 14:1
1 THE [empty-headed] fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable deeds; there is none that does good or right

I love the bible
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
FXKing2012:

Chai! This is ignorance at its height.

You dumbass. You dullard, what do you know? come square up with me and i'll shame you to death.

Joagbaje:

1 THE [empty-headed] fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable deeds; there is none that does good or right

I love the bible

common sense will tell you that even a man wrote that verse you just posted. why will i trust you or him then?
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
Joagbaje:

I love the bible. I can use its verses randomly, use them to.abuse biblically, even if I dont understand jt. WHAT A TOOL,
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by FXKing2012(m): 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2012
Pls just leave diluminati alone, her ignorance of the Word and her hatred for Christianity can not allow her see beyond her nose.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by sommyville: 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2012
Simply ask yourself who gave u life.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
My mom,
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by BERNIMOORE: 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2012
[b]@stildude

i ve been very busy for quite sometime now,its a very busy week, but saw your reply to my post, part of it copied below;

The fact that you have posted a few bible quote doesn't fool me. 2 cor 11: 14 best describes you in 2 cor 11: 10 -16 As the truth of Christ is in me , no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia .
11 Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.
12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers , transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness ; whose end shall be according to their works.
16 I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.

Obviously, you want occassions, I ain't giving it to you. Cheers!

ALSO

@Bernimoor. it is clearer by the time that you are either a baby in christ or an antichrist. Refer to the boldened in your post above. what do you mean by ''speak with your God''. bet you didn't know that that one will give you away. It sounds like what people of other faith would say. Tell us then, who is your own God. My God is the God of the universal, the almighty, the I AM I AM. JEHOVAH. The bible says in 2 cor 2:11, that we are not ignorant of the devil's devices. Maybe you are a member of one of those sects that go around with all sorts of bells and garments and only chant in place of speaking in tongues.

I APOLOGISE FOR HOW I REACTED TO YOUR EARLIER POST, USING THE WORD 'HEAR YOURSELF' ITS NOT BAD TO DO THAT. AND THATS WHY I LOVE BEING A CHRISTIAN, CHRISTIANITY PROVIDES AVENUE FOR DISCUSSION AND TO EDUCATE.

IM A BONAFIDE CHRISTIAN, WITH PASSION, WITH LEGAL KNOWLEDGE I HAVE READ SO MANY THEOLOGIANS BOOKS, PHILOSOPHERS,RELIGION (LEGAL PRACTICE) AND EVEN THE ONES YOU ACTUALLY RECCOMENDED BOTH KENNETH HAGINS AND COPELAND I HAVE A GLANCE AT THEIR BOOKS,AND CAN EASILLY SUMMARISE THEIR CONCEPTS, BUT THEN, FROM MY YOUTH, I HAVE READ THE WHOLE ENTIRE BIBLE FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION MORE THAN 8 (EIGHT) TIMES, AND WILL BE GLAD TO TELL YOU THAT THE BIBLE IS THE BEST OUT OF ALL, BECAUSE IT IS SELF EXPLANATORY, WIDELY TRANSLATED IN ALMOST ALL TONGUES INCLUDING YOUR MOTHER TONGUE,

IF KENNETH HAGINS BOOKS WERE TO BE USED TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE ACCORDING TO YOU,WHY WILL ITS DISTRIBUTION NOT IN ANYWAY NEAR THE WIDE DISTRIBUTION OF THE BIBLE OR AVAILABLE ALMOST IN ALL LANGUAGE LIKE THE BIBLE?

IT SHOWS THAT, THE BIBLE ITSELF IS SELF EXPLANATORY AND BACKED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT TO AID OUR UNDERSTANDING.

MY NEXT REPLY WILL EXPOSE SOME QUESTIONABLE THINGS THAT I PERSONALLY OBSERVE, AT LEAST TO SHOW ALL PEOPLE READING THE TREAD WHY I TOOK THE DECISION TO ALWAYS USE THE BIBLE DIRECTLY.

[/b]
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by BERNIMOORE: 3:06pm On Mar 04, 2012
@stildude

Continued from last post
ITS NOT BAD TO DO THAT I MEAN NOT BAD TO APOLOGISE AS CHRISTIAN.

I would rather be joining issues with Fr Evangel, Joeagbaje, Modele and other similar and good understanding minds here.

I THINK I RELATE WELL WITH JOEAGBAJE EVEN FROM OTHER TREAD AND STILL COMMEND HIM FOR THE FACT THAT NO MATTER WHAT, HE MUST ATTEMPT TO ANSWER A QUESTION EITHER CORRECTLY OR NOT, THATS COMMENDABLE OF HIM, WE RELATE WITH PEOPLE WHO DONT SHARE OUR VIEWS TO COMPARE AND TO EDUCATE AND AND TO LEARN.

I ONLY EXPECT YOU TO RELATE YOUR CONVINCTION ON WHAT YOU LEARN BASED SOLELY ON THE BIBLE ITSELF.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by buzugee(m): 3:14pm On Mar 04, 2012
yahawah ba ha sham ha mashyach yahawashi yashaaaaarahlaaaaaaaaaa angry
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by stildude(m): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2012
BERNIMOORE:

@stildude

Continued from last post
ITS NOT BAD TO DO THAT I MEAN NOT BAD TO APOLOGISE AS CHRISTIAN.

I THINK I RELATE WELL WITH JOEAGBAJE EVEN FROM OTHER TREAD AND STILL COMMEND HIM FOR THE FACT THAT NO MATTER WHAT, HE MUST ATTEMPT TO ANSWER A QUESTION  EITHER CORRECTLY OR NOT, THATS COMMENDABLE OF HIM, WE RELATE WITH PEOPLE WHO DONT SHARE OUR VIEWS TO COMPARE AND TO EDUCATE AND AND TO LEARN.

I ONLY EXPECT YOU TO RELATE YOUR CONVINCTION  ON WHAT YOU LEARN BASED SOLELY ON THE BIBLE ITSELF.

My Appologies then. I am glad you are on the LORD's side. God bless you.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Joagbaje(m): 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
I
IONLY EXPECT YOU TO RELATE YOUR CONVINCTION ON WHAT YOU LEARN
BASED SOLELY ON THE BIBLE ITSELF.

The bible you relates to is very clear on the issue of talking in tougues
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Joagbaje(m): 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
I
IONLY EXPECT YOU TO RELATE YOUR CONVINCTION ON WHAT YOU LEARN
BASED SOLELY ON THE BIBLE ITSELF.

Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by BERNIMOORE: 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2012
[b]
@ joeagbaje

HOW ARE YOU?

YES, WHILE YOU ADMITTED THAT 'IF' YOU MUST SPEAK IN TONGUE TO THE BRETHREN OR THE CHURCH, AN INTERPRETER WAS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED BY APOSTLE PAUL,

BUT YOU SEEM TO SPLIT THIS APPLICATION OF THE USE OF AN INTERPRETER THAT IT ONLY APPLY TO THE FORMER ONLY, BUT THEN, YOU EXCLUDE 'PRAYING AUDIBLE TO THE CHURCH 'IN TONGUE' WITHOUT AN INTERPRETER OR WITHOUT THE CHURCH'S UNDERSTANDING.

I BELIEVED OR OPINED THAT THE REASON FOR THE RECOMENDATION OF AN INTERPRETER 'WAS TO EDIFY' THE CHURCH WHICH IS CLEALY STATED AS CONTAINED IN THE CHAPTER,WHEN  PAUL SUMMARISE THE 'PURPOSE' OF ANY KIND OF SPEAKING IN TONGUE, THAT IS;

1COR, 14:14-16;

14For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

(IN BLUE) Vs 14 ABOVE SHOWS HOW 'FUTILE' HIS EFFORT WILL BE 'IF HE PRAYED IN AN UNKNOWN TONGUE, AND WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING,

BUT Vs 15 below PARALLED PRAYING WITH SPIRIT 'ALONGSIDE' UNDERSTANDING, ALSO SING WITH SPIRIT 'ALONGSIDE' UNDERSTANDING.  

15What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

AND Vs 16,

SUMMARISES THE PURPOSE OF ALL THESE GIFTS AS 'BLESSING', BUT TO THOSE WHO ARE NOT GIFTED OR 'UNLEARNED' HOW WILL THEY SAY 'AMEN' (or let it be)   ''SEEING HE UNDERSTANDETH NOT WHAT THOU SAYEST?''

16Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

ALSO;

1COR, 14:19,26

19Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

26How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath[i] an interpretation[/i]. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Let all things be done unto edifying

ALL THINGS THAT RELATES TO SPIRITUAL GIFTS  'INCLUDING PRAYER' ARE TO BE DONE HERE 'UNTO EDIFYING'

Definition of edify (verb)
to establish; to educate morally or spiritually; to improve; to strengthen

HONESTLY, WHAT DO DO THINK?

NOTE,
Pls while replying,try to quote my comment together with the quoted bible verses that i attached or reffered to my comment  together, i will not like my comment being separated from the bible verses i quoted together please.

Thanks, and God bless. waiting for your reply[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / David Oyedepo Celebrates His 64th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.