Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4428457 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 11:00am On Sep 20, 2014
Godside:

@angel nd @prince , thanx 4ur concern . I wax at my bank this morning nd i got 9% for 90days 4 a start
so good to know, we are always here to help out smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by orangesky: 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
Uba gave me 7.6pcent on 100k plz can I try it 4 a start?how much will it yield in the 90days? wat is the calculation if it's 300k at the same rate or will it be @a higher rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
orangesky: Uba gave me 7.6pcent on 100k plz can I try it 4 a start?how much will it yield in the 90days? wat is the calculation if it's 300k at the same rate or will it be @a higher rate?

Haba!Its too low comparing to the cbn rate….Dont do it,I think you should try other banks….
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
angelo82 what's your take on mutual funds?
and what do you think about stanbic ibtc ETI which was just launched? am asking you because I like your take on investment issues, any other person who has a good knowledge on what I asked is free to air there views
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
@walcom thanks for the advice u just have to forgive newbies liike us sorry but am very happy with the response so far thanks Guys
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 8:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
ernie4life: angelo82 what's your take on mutual funds?
and what do you think about stanbic ibtc ETI which was just launched? am asking you because I like your take on investment issues, any other person who has a good knowledge on what I asked is free to air there views

If your investment is from 100k-1M,I think mutual fund is not a bad idea especially if you participate from the beginning…..But its not good for big fund because its more of benefit to the fund than you….Standbic is a reputable asset manager as we all know but I am not satisfied with the pricing of their fund,very little dividend and return on investment is not satisfactory….I bought Zenith fund from the inception and right now the fund has returned over 50% profit even though I left it there…..If Stanbic can structure a fund management service for you in a portfolio of fixed income instruments,I think you should go for it but I am not interested with this mutual fund thing because at the end of the day when you do the calculation you are not going to make a good return on your investment and the fund manager will definitely profit more…..I am saying all these because I have investment with them and can you believe that I don't even care because they are not encouraging and it will be stupid if you pump huge amount of money there.Stanbic reputation is good but I don't like their products but if they can structure a portfolio management product for you and if you are satisfied then go ahead….Never allow any asset manager to mix your portfolio with equity…..I like Zenith Capital but just don't have much to do with them for now…..Dont be moved with the different kind of attractive products they are rolling out….They are looking for money and the lesson I learnt from 2008 till now is to look out for myself….

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
angelo82:

….I bought Zenith fund from the inception and right now the fund has returned over 50% profit even though I left it there…...

Angelo82.: Thanks for the enlightening piece on mutual funds.
how many years are we talking about in the quoted?

I might just divert my cash to bonds,i seem to be losing confidence in tbills weekly with the drop in rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
angelo82 thanks for the insightful write up, please I will like to hear from other experts or experienced in the house.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 9:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
tolutweety:

Angelo82.: Thanks for the enlightening piece on mutual funds.
how many years are we talking about in the quoted?

I might just divert my cash to bonds,i seem to be losing confidence in tbills weekly with the drop in rates.

As at sept.30 2013(5yrs statement) from account statement zenith income fund returned 50% and by now judging from the price it must be up to 60% but I didn't check and I don't intend to but I am pleased with the pricing of the fund as there is no fluctuation….
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
angelo82:

If your investment is from 100k-1M,I think mutual fund is not a bad idea especially if you participate from the beginning…..But its not good for big fund because its more of benefit to the fund than you….Standbic is a reputable asset manager as we all know but I am not satisfied with the pricing of their fund,very little dividend and return on investment is not satisfactory….I bought Zenith fund from the inception and right now the fund has returned over 50% profit even though I left it there…..If Stanbic can structure a fund management service for you in a portfolio of fixed income instruments,I think you should go for it but I am not interested with this mutual fund thing because at the end of the day when you do the calculation you are not going to make a good return on your investment and the fund manager will definitely profit more…..I am saying all these because I have investment with them and can you believe that I don't even care because they are not encouraging and it will be stupid if you pump huge amount of money there.Stanbic reputation is good but I don't like their products but if they can structure a portfolio management product for you and if you are satisfied then go ahead….Never allow any asset manager to mix your portfolio with equity…..I like Zenith Capital but just don't have much to do with them for now…..Dont be moved with the different kind of attractive products they are rolling out….They are looking for money and the lesson I learnt from 2008 till now is to look out for myself….

I use their stanbic asset management. I only forward my profit from the TB from other banks to them. Just like you said for little money. Even their money market is not encouraging. Their equity is even reducing as at April no single 10kobo have I received rather it keeps going down.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
Chillisauce:

I use their stanbic asset management. I only forward my profit from the TB from other banks to them. Just like you said for little money. Even their money market is not encouraging. Their equity is even reducing as at April no single 10kobo have I received rather it keeps going down.

Imagine!I left mine there because I don't like the structure of their product….They seem to want to profit more than you…I bought Equity and Ethical……I can't even check my account online for some months now….But its all experience and I have made profits from learning from my experience…..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
angelo82:

Imagine!I left mine there because I don't like the structure of their product….They seem to want to profit more than you…I bought Equity and Ethical……I can't even check my account online for some months now….But its all experience and I have made profits from learning from my experience…..

I wanted to go for zenith but my supposed bank officer that has never met me asked me to come to the bank. I told her it's not possible cos of my location. I wanted to transfer from another bank to theirs ,then book for an investment and I don't have online access with them. She said she can't do it. Imagine. My own money kwa. Later she called that anyway, I should transfer it but when I want to withdraw, she must see me in person. I didn't even answer her. That was the end of my zenith story . Na about 2k kuku remain for the account. grin

I wonder how they can't make somethings online friendly in this 2014. That was how I ended up with stanbic.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 10:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
Chillisauce:

I wanted to go for zenith but my supposed bank officer that has never met me asked me to come to the bank. I told her it's not possible cos of my location. I wanted to transfer from another bank to theirs ,then book for an investment and I don't have online access with them. She said she can't do it. Imagine. My own money kwa. Later she called that anyway, I should transfer it but when I want to withdraw, she must see me in person. I didn't even answer her. That was the end of my zenith story . Na about 2k kuku remain for the account. grin

I wonder how they can't make somethings online friendly in this 2014. That was how I ended up with stanbic.

There is nothing like account officer….Its bank workers cartel of a kind and they are not helping you…They will never support you for anything good except if it will benefit them….I had account officers everywhere but sometimes they talk and act like they are against you,I even send money to some of them to motivate them….Can you believe they knew about investment that can earn me as high as 14% per annum and they shut me down then I decided to take things up with the head office myself and right now I am free of their games….When your account officer of any branch is not talking sense just write to the head office or the central customer care….You will be surprise how your branch will act fast on whatever you need….

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bedfordng(m): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
orangesky: Uba gave me 7.6pcent on 100k plz can I try it 4 a start?how much will it yield in the 90days? wat is the calculation if it's 300k at the same rate or will it be @a higher rate?
the rate is too low for a start.if suppose its up to 9,you could have considered it but 7 is no go area.too small.they are selling their own to you which is secondary market and may be higher for other people.they are trying to outsmart you.try and visit other banks, am sure you will see something higher than that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bedfordng(m): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 10:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
I like all the write ups above, personally am not a fan of equities, unless it's foreign equities. my reasons are simple the fund managers can swing the funds in other to favour a particular firm/ ccorporation. Mutal funds on the other hand are not bad especially the ones invested on Tbills and bonds. the new product launched by stanbic IBTC has nice prospects, I was at a meeting where investment experts where analysing it, it looks juicy if the play by the rules.

Tbills are safe but the don't appeal that much to me, bonds are my favourite.

with the current trend in the economy the best bet if you ask me is a diversification. capital market is still going down.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2014
if u ask for my advice i will say u should try another bank. Good luck smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 10:16am On Sep 21, 2014
ernie4life: I like all the write ups above, personally am not a fan of equities, unless it's foreign equities. my reasons are simple the fund managers can swing the funds in other to favour a particular firm/ ccorporation. Mutal funds on the other hand are not bad especially the ones invested on Tbills and bonds. the new product launched by stanbic IBTC has nice prospects, I was at a meeting where investment experts where analysing it, it looks juicy if the play by the rules.

with the current trend in the economy the best bet if you ask me is a diversification. capital market is still going down.

Take it from people who bought into mutual fund IBTC is overhyped as per return on investment and the only mutual fund that I can rely on is the Zenith Fund.I bought both and I started with IBTC with high hopes but after studying the way they operate,I understand that IBTC is in for exploitation.Dont based your interest to the name of the product as we know that most of this fund managers invest your money in something else.And as you said Bond is the most attractive but I just want the 2015 elections to be over and I will go for 3yrs bond…..T.Bills is not going to be good investment under the current cbn management…..You can still get some bond at 13%….

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
ernie4life: I like all the write ups above, personally am not a fan of equities, unless it's foreign equities. my reasons are simple the fund managers can swing the funds in other to favour a particular firm/ ccorporation. Mutal funds on the other hand are not bad especially the ones invested on Tbills and bonds. the new product launched by stanbic IBTC has nice prospects, I was at a meeting where investment experts where analysing it, it looks juicy if the play by the rules.

What's the current prevailing offer price for 50K units of KGIF? If I do orange pass,how much should I expect after 1 year?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 10:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
some quality posts from oga @angelo82 on the last two pages...read back if you missed any of em.

i hail!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
Godside:
Pls like when can i start investin since d auctn was yestady .
Godside:
wao! There is nothing more to it bro . Sori for d disturbance . I tot it wont b gud 4me 2flood d thread wit a learner questn . Thnx .pls is thr a way i cn earse my numba 4rm ds thread

house when is the next auction on tbills cos I want to bid by myself using porshare analysis I pray I see it tonight
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 3:56am On Sep 22, 2014
activity of the week under review was
influenced by 1) the September 2014 FGN bond
primary market auction held by the Debt
Management Office (DMO), 2) the treasury & OMO
bills auctions by the CBN and 3) Monetary Policy
Committee (MPC) meeting which was
rescheduled to hold on the September 18 and 19
2014 against the earlier proposed date
(September 22 & 23).
At the monthly FGN bond auction, three
benchmark bonds were re-opened i.e. the 13.05
August 16, 2016 (3yr), 14.20 March 16, 2024
(10yr) and 12.15 July 18, 2034 (20yr). The total
amount offered and sold was N100.0billion –
N15billion 3year FGNs, N50.0billion 10year FGNs
and N35.0billion 20year FGNs; marginal rates at
the auction came out around the secondary
market levels at 11.49% (3year), 12.23% (10year)
and 12.30% (20year) against 11.12%, 12.22% and
12.39% for 3year, 10year and 20year respectively
at the previous auction.
At the treasury bills auction, N33.27billion and
N50.28billion worth of 91day-bill and 182day
were offered and sold at the rates of 9.58% and
10.24% respectively against 9.90% and 10.20% at
the previous auction. Total subscription during
the auction stood at N122.04billion (42.59%)
lower than N174.02billion recorded at the last
auction.
In line with the monetary policy stance, a total of
N120.0billion worth of OMO bills with tenors
ranging between 146days and 147days were
offered while N285.15billion was sold at a
uniform rate of 10.80%. Total subscription stood
at N321.15billion (267.63%). The high
subscription levels could be attributed to
increased system liquidity on the back of inflows
(c.N397.62billion) from redemption of OMO bills
and monthly budgetary allocation (FAAC) during
the week.
At the OTC market, there was sustained intraday
volatility as traders actively engaged in trading
early in the week in reaction to the midweek
auction and to speculation regarding the outcome
of the MPC meeting. The outcome of the midweek
auction could not significantly affect the market
as traders traded cautiously in reaction to
speculations on the outcome of the MPC meeting
which held towards the end of the week. We
expect the market to become more active in the
week ahead as we believe the current yield and
liquidity levels will lead to sufficient demand from
both domestic and offshore investors.
The monetary policy committee (MPC) acting in
line with market expectations retained MPR at
12% for the seventeenth time whilst CRR – on
public sector deposits, liquidity ratio and net forex
open position were retained at 75%, 30% and 1%
respectively. Also retained at 15% was the CRR
on private sector deposits.
In the week ahead, we expect that treasury bills
worth c.N114.40billion will be offered across
maturities (91day- N21.58billion, 182day-
N33.78billion and 364day-N59.08billion) Also
expected is the maturity of Treasury and OMO
bills worth c.N114.40billion & c.N144.36billion
respectively. On the back of this, it is expected
that the system liquidity will remain elevated as
the CBN may continue with its monetary policy
stance by the way of OMO bills issuance.
POSHARE ANALYSIS BUT INCOMPLETE
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 3:59am On Sep 22, 2014
does any1 have the full report from proshare
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by plendil: 7:40am On Sep 22, 2014
angelo82:

As at sept.30 2013(5yrs statement) from account statement zenith income fund returned 50% and by now judging from the price it must be up to 60% but I didn't check and I don't intend to but I am pleased with the pricing of the fund as there is no fluctuation….

wow!! not bad at all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
Wen tbills mature, how soon do they pay ur money into the acct.my tbills matured last Friday,haven't gotten any alert yet.

Should I call my banker or wait a while??
@CoderXO
@angelo82
@Chillisauce
@feelamong
@seun
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
tolutweety: Wen tbills mature, how soon do they pay ur money into the acct.my tbills matured last Friday,haven't gotten any alert yet.

@CoderXO
@angelo82
@Chillisauce
@feelamong
@seun

why taking any chances?

call ur bankers immediately.. hopefully someone is not on top of his job some where..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
feelamong:

why taking any chances?

call ur bankers immediately.. hopefully someone is not on top of his job some where..

Thank you.

I thought so too,but thought it wise to ask my ogas first in order not to act out of ignorance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vacanci: 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
tolutweety: Wen tbills mature, how soon do they pay ur money into the acct.my tbills matured last Friday,haven't gotten any alert yet.

@CoderXO
@angelo82
@Chillisauce
@feelamong
@seun

you shouldnt wait more than 2 hours to start calling. as a matter of fact, ur account should be credited on the exact date of maturity withing the business hours. Most cases, it done before 2pm of that day (the reason why same money is used to rollover another bill).

Please do not hesitate to reach ur bank quickly even though it is likely that you had been credited and perhaps alerts not working. so check your balance before calling.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
vacanci:

you shouldnt wait more than 2 hours to start calling. as a matter of fact, ur account should be credited on the exact date of maturity withing the business hours. Most cases, it done before 2pm of that day (the reason why same money is used to rollover another bill).

Please do not hesitate to reach ur bank quickly even though it is likely that you had been credited and perhaps alerts not working. so check your balance before calling.

Thank you.
I am on it already.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
Chillisauce: got a secondary bills from gtbank. 9.55 for 92days.

chillisauce , Gtbank said for you to get approved for secondary t-bills you need to invest minimum 5milion
How far is that true ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PeckNARM: 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2014

@CoderXO
@angelo82
@Chillisauce
@feelamong
@seun

Instantly your money should be in your account….But all in all its good to always give instruction to the central customer care or head office concerning any investment because most times branches of banks are so irresponsible that they always suppress customers deposit/investment.Contact your bank immediately!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: dangle and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.