Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,828 members, 7,956,144 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:20 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4645561 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (2264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 12:02am On Sep 17, 2014
I gave an instruction via mail to Access Bank yesterday, unfortunately for me I didn't specify that I wanted to take part in the primary auction and they had to invest for me from their holdings. About 9.2% p.a. or so for 86 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 12:35am On Sep 17, 2014
angelo82:

The best thing for you is to read from the beginning of this tread until the last page…..You will learn a lot within short time and then you can ask questions if there is anything that needs clarity…..

Please answer as soõn as you see thist. Thanx av read it . But i read that today 17 is the nxt Tb auction ? 1)How can i buy 4rm d primary markt. 2) can i go to my bank this mornin nd buy 3) will there be any tax charges . Please answer . Thanx
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 9:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Godside:

Please answer as soõn as you see thist. Thanx av read it . But i read that today 17 is the nxt Tb auction ? 1)How can i buy 4rm d primary markt. 2) can i go to my bank this mornin nd buy 3) will there be any tax charges . Please answer . Thanx

Yes,you can buy from primary market and all you need to do is to approach your bank.But you will have to be sure of your bid rate because if the successful bid rate is higher than your rate then you automatically loose the bid.The best is to set a bid rate that is slightly lower to the successful bid.Yes due to new policy of cbn about custodial of tbills you will be charged 0.05% as custodial fee and your bank will charge you little commission as tbills commission.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2014
Godside:

just visit the nearest First bank (or your bank) and ask the right person.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 9:51am On Sep 17, 2014
angelo82:

Yes,you can buy from primary market and all you need to do is to approach your bank.But you will have to be sure of your bid rate because if the successful bid rate is higher than your rate then you automatically loose the bid.The best is to set a bid rate that is slightly lower to the successful bid.Yes due to new policy of cbn about custodial of tbills you will be charged 0.05% as custodial fee and your bank will charge you little commission as tbills commission.

thanxs . Please how do knw if the successful bid rate wil higher or lower . Nd what rate wil b beta . When you say loss the bid , please like wat level of loss is that , i mean in cash cuz i want to start wit 500k. Thnx again
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2014
Godside:

thanxs . Please how do knw if the successful bid rate wil higher or lower . Nd what rate wil b beta . When you say loss the bid , please like wat level of loss is that , i mean in cash cuz i want to start wit 500k. Thnx again

When you loose a bid in the primary market,it means you can't buy tbills and your bank will refund your money to you but you won't loose a cent of your money.Ask your bank to advice you what rate you should bid and on your own try to lower it a bit so as to succeed,the result of the auction will show if your bid is successful or not….For example if your bank advice you to bid at 10.4% for 90days tbills.you should bid at 10.2% just to be sure..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 10:55am On Sep 17, 2014
angelo82:

When you loose a bid in the primary market,it means you can't buy tbills and your bank will refund your money to you but you won't loose a cent of your money.Ask your bank to advice you what rate you should bid and on your own try to lower it a bit so as to succeed,the result of the auction will show if your bid is successful or not….For example if your bank advice you to bid at 10.4% for 90days tbills.you should bid at 10.2% just to be sure..

Thanx ,God bless . Please here is my email : akinolaolayinkaanu@yahoo.com ,pls can u snd d brk dwn of 500k 4 90days . Thnx bro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
Godside:

Thanx ,God bless . Please here is my email : akinolaolayinkaanu@yahoo.com ,pls can u snd d brk dwn of 500k 4 90days . Thnx bro

Simple calculation
90/365 * 500,000 * interest rate (0.102) = NGN12,575.342.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Godside:

You can't do anything now until the next auction which is in two weeks time.After Feb.2015 I will be going for Bond….The rates of Bond is better…..I think the result will be out later and the ones in the link is possibilities of rates…..

http://www.proshareng.com/news/24426
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
angelo82:

You can't do anything now until the next auction which is in two weeks time.After Feb.2015 I will be going for Bond….The rates of Bond is better…..I think the result will be out later and the ones in the link is possibilities of rates…..

Thanx bro , can you pls gv me ur numba so dt we can talk on whatsapp . Thnx
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
Godside:

Thanx bro , can you pls gv me ur numba so dt we can talk on whatsapp . Thnx

Whatever you want,just lay it down here……Goodluck with your investment...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
angelo82:

this site you posted is interesting, how reliable are the analysis?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
ernie4life:
this site you posted is interesting, how reliable are the analysis?

Proshare is number one when it comes to business news...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by frankyj(m): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2014
Please results of todays bid
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2014
91 days-9.5800
182 days-10.2400
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2014
nitrogen: 91 days-9.5800
182 days-10.2400
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by frankyj(m): 11:22am On Sep 18, 2014
182 days-10.2400
These rates are not improving ooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 11:53am On Sep 18, 2014
frankyj:
These rates are not improving ooo
rates are not going to improve, many analyst say the market is at a bottom up stage but I say it's still going down. my reasons are as follows,
due to the coming up elections, politicians who occupy the wealthy class are holding money in cash( not in banks, not in stocks and not in money markets) because the want to use it for bribes during elections. it has a macro effect on the economy because money that should be circulating is been withheld, so CBN in a bid to correct this is reducing interest rates so that people will be discouraged from buying tbills invariably encouraging them to spend more money. so my dear expect rates to fall more and more till a month to the elections
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
182 days-10.2400

Got 9.30% for 91 days from FBNH. At all at all na em bad.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
Elai147:

Got 9.30% for 91 days from FBNH. At all at all na em bad.

Yeah!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
angelo82:

Whatever you want,just lay it down here……Goodluck with your investment...

Here is my num
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
Godside:

Here is my numba 07066163315

My guy you want something you should just lay it down here….There is no need for your number….This platform for me is to share ideas and inform ourselves based on our experience with financial matter…..Or is there more to it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Godside:

Here is my numba 07066163315
oya drop ur question i can help out.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
angelo82:

My guy you want something you should just lay it down here….There is no need for your number….This platform for me is to share ideas and inform ourselves based on our experience with financial matter…..Or is there more to it?

wao! There is nothing more to it bro . Sori for d disturbance . I tot it wont b gud 4me 2flood d thread wit a learner questn . Thnx .pls is thr a way i cn earse my numba 4rm ds thread
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
princeuk21: oya drop ur question i can help out.

Pls like when can i start investin since d auctn was yestady .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 8:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
Godside:

Pls like when can i start investin since d auctn was yestady .
u can use the secondary market at any time if u missed the last auction. Your bank can also help u out with that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 19, 2014
got a secondary bills from gtbank. 9.55 for 92days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 9:52am On Sep 19, 2014
princeuk21: u can use the secondary market at any time if u missed the last auction. Your bank can also help u out with that.

@angel nd @prince , thanx 4ur concern . I wax at my bank this morning nd i got 9% for 90days 4 a start
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
please house I have been following this post for quite sometime and I want to invest in tbills
I made enquiries from diamond bank and they replayed that they charge 0.25% on principal as am investing 100k
pls house is that the correct charge or are they trying to pull wools over my eyes
please I need advice from old tbill investor or mail me @ ekeobiajurum@gmail.com will be very happy for tips and suggestions
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2014
If you do the maths yourself you will realise that 0.25% of 100k comes to 250 naira.

If you get 9% interest for 90days, that's really not a lot the bank is charging
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dagr8(m): 10:45am On Sep 20, 2014
obiak4: please house I have been following this post for quite sometime and I want to invest in tbills
I made enquiries from diamond bank and they replayed that they charge 0.25% on principal as am investing 100k
pls house is that the correct charge or are they trying to pull wools over my eyes
please I need advice from old tbill investor or mail me @ ekeobiajurum@gmail.com will be very happy for tips and suggestions
0.25% like the above poster mentioned is 250 naira(not much), but i think the charge should be 0.125%, only 125 naira difference.
You guys should stop asking someone to mail/call you, ask your questions here and read several experiences. I believe that is why this thread is here for us to learn together.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dagr8(m): 10:47am On Sep 20, 2014
Double post

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (2264) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: kniru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.