Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? (4268 Views)

What’s The Perfect Age Gap For An Ideal Relationship? / Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? / Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2005
Hey Y'all,

I just thought I could share this topic with you guys. See, I live in the UK and this topic doesn't really matter here because white people just fall in love. But since I am a Nigerian, I just want to hear your opinions.

If you fall in love with a guy that's a lot older than you, will the relationship last or is it just a waste of time?

Personally, I don't think it matters, but I just want your opinions

Plus what do I know; I'm just 14 cheesy.
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by Seun(m): 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2005
In '20 years age difference - does it really matter?' daBlessed asked a very similar question, "would you go out with someone about 20 years older?"

Your question, though similar, is a bit different: can such a relationship be expected to last, or will it eventually have to be terminated?

My opinion is that such a relationship might even last much longer than one in which they are about the same age, because an older man is more likely to be more experienced, level-headed and financially stable. Like a good father!
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2005
Hang on a min..if de guy finds a gurl dat is de same age as him, certainly, he would dump the younger one cos guys mostly wanna go for gurls dat are almost de same age as them..
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by diakim(m): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2005
I think it is the norm for the guy to be older or much older than the lady. And in Nigeria here, such relationships work better than when they are of the same age, just as Seun has rightly said. This is because in this instance, the guy is more mature, and he is more or less ready to settle down.

Provided the guy is not an old man, the relationship is guaranteed to work as long as the lady is interested.
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by Chxta(m): 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2005
Large age gaps were for the ancient days. Nowadays, I would say take someone that is not more than 3 years older or younger. So that you'll both grow old together...
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by hopy2005(f): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2005
Nawaooo, this interestin
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by diakim(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2005
@Chxta, what happens when both of them are 50? If they are almost the same age, then the wife will look much older than the husband. Think about this.
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2005
But dont u think de guy will WANNA GO FOR A GURL HIS OWN AGE..
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by hotangel2(f): 8:56am On Jul 20, 2005
I don't really thin age matters anymore.

nike4luv:

But don't you think de guy will WANNA GO FOR A GURL HIS OWN AGE..

I don't think the guy would go for a girl is own age if he loves the girl older/younger than him.
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2005
nike,

Is very interesting. I would say that depends on the age difference. if he is about 10 years older, compared to ur age (14), he is deemed to make the mistake of shunning ur relationship maybe in the next 4 yrs when the heat of adolescency has gotten riden over him. It takes the grace of God for the success of such relationship.

I am saying this on the basis of ur age (14). I know the guy might be 24 or anything close to that as the age difference might mean. Girls who have that age advantage
are pple who already have got close to 23 when such "love" struck on them....>>>
Ok, check out this match and understand: G23-35. How do u see it? Cool. The guy at that age has swimmed through the wave of adolescency and is planning to settle with someone.

I am not discouraging you but only suggesting that, in such relationship, don't commit urself so that when such thing starts happening, u don't feel like committing suicide.okay?

Hope to hear more from u
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2005
"nike,

Is very interesting. I would say that depends on the age difference. if he is about 10 years older, compared to your age (14), he is deemed to make the mistake of shunning your relationship maybe in the next 4 years when the heat of adolescency has gotten riden over him. It takes the grace of God for the success of such relationship.

I am saying this on the basis of your age (14). I know the guy might be 24 or anything close to that as the age difference might mean. Girls who have that age advantage
are people who already have got close to 23 when such "love" struck on them....>>>
Ok, check out this match and understand: G23-35. How do you see it? Cool. The guy at that age has swimmed through the wave of adolescency and is planning to settle with someone.

I am not discouraging you but only suggesting that, in such relationship, don't commit urself so that when such thing starts happening, you don't feel like committing suicide.okay?

Hope to hear more from you"

Ah..Thanks..but i'm still confused though
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by kennyhunnyinn(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2005
A yo
Pretty Demi
Dis is da Split Personality
Well i wanna say i support wat all da dude n chics are sayin cos they said da rite thing well a relationship like dis is da best n can be very favourable if u make things work out n u are fun urself u knw but just knw 1 big thing gurl u always remain da best thing dat ever eva happen to me Ken

Luv u Demi
U are good n stop feelin Inferior kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

luv u
4rm
Kenny Hunny Inn
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2005
aights oo
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by hotangel2(f): 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2005
haha lol. both of y'all making me laugh. cheesy
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2005
gurl..wots so funny
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by hotangel2(f): 3:00am On Jul 21, 2005
How he said all those sweet things and you just replied by saying "aights oo". . rolleyes It's funny to me.
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2005
sweet things huh...hahahahahahaahahahahahah..ok wot u want me to say?
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by hotangel2(f): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2005
Kinda like... "awww...that was so sweet.", [U]not[/U] "aights ooo".
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2005
u really dont get it..ok ok..aww..dats soo sweet
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by hotangel2(f): 3:59am On Jul 22, 2005
It's all good. smiley
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 9:02am On Jul 22, 2005
mhmm
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by hotangel2(f): 9:26am On Jul 22, 2005
Breathing helps, it does.
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2005
yea..i can still stop breathing though
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by hotangel2(f): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2005
Don't stop.. it's good to breath
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 12:02am On Jul 23, 2005
i wish i did...den i wont face problems
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by loma(m): 12:43am On Jul 23, 2005
look at it as oportunities ,not problems
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 1:00am On Jul 23, 2005
its easy 4 u to say

1 Like

Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by loma(m): 1:19am On Jul 23, 2005
i know,but dont let life's problems get at u,i have seen a few myself.
if u wanna talk, get me on pm
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 1:21am On Jul 23, 2005
huh?
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by loma(m): 1:22am On Jul 23, 2005
u shd be sleeping! guess u take after cold devil(sorry, slip of the keyboard-meant hot angel)
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by nike4luv(f): 1:23am On Jul 23, 2005
i aint sleepin..pullin an alnighter
Re: Can Age-Gap Relationships Last? by loma(m): 1:24am On Jul 23, 2005
good for you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Often Can One Make Love? / Make Him Miss U / Are Some Guys Natural Chick Magnets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.