Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc (13062 Views)

‪historyclass‬: Who Sold (what Became) Nigeria To The British For £865k In 1899? / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria / James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by brainpulse: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2012
antartica:

Is there anything like detailed police background check for any aspiring public of holder and those that deal with children like teachers? Anyway,child abuse is legal in nigeria and nigeria doesnt have a police force,the police themselves need basic criminal and mental background check which will rule out 99.9 percent of the for. As it is now,nigeria is in practice a rogue state because the rule of law is not applicabe. Our leaders,police and judiciary are all criminals.

cheesy cheesy The police to check are they not the same people that will point AK riffle on your head for head for N100 grin i laugh in ibori and i hiss in UK.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by blacksta(m): 10:40am On Feb 28, 2012
room702:

i can bet my last kobo that BBC will make sure this story makes the 6pm news and its not just to embarrasss the bastard ibori guy but just to embarrass Nigerians.

who gives a sh1t - as long as theives are exposed.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by mickeyjag(m): 10:41am On Feb 28, 2012
room702:

i  can bet my last kobo that BBC will make sure this story makes the 6pm news and its not just to embarrasss the bastard ibori guy but just to embarrass Nigerians.

More like Nigerians embarrassing themselves, you tosser. #Epic Fail
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by nikky5(m): 10:42am On Feb 28, 2012
There are no saints in the Nigerian polity.All politicians are thieves and rogues.They are looters and murderers.At last judgement day has come.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Leemak: 10:44am On Feb 28, 2012
Who among our (Nigerian) past & present leaders are not thieves except T.Balewa, Muritala & Gowon?, even dis so called retardeen, drunkard fisherman, shoeless, & clueless GEJ will be the most notorious thief dt Nigeria has ever have as a president, imagine 1 person having a #3m daily food, wetin he dey chop,he dey chop human being?
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by snowdrops(m): 10:48am On Feb 28, 2012
My brothers thank you. This is no news. Ibori is as much a thief as the numerous naija politicians. Difference is they are yet to be named, shamed, prosecuted and jailed.
No mind some true fowl wey dey argue with their yansh at the start of this thread.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by room702(m): 10:54am On Feb 28, 2012
blacksta:

who gives a sh1t  - as long as theives are exposed.
^^^^ i do actually because everywhere i go i let it be known that i am Nigerian and i am not ashamed of it. its embarrassing to see someone like ibori make it all the way to be a governor when its Nigerian that voted him in.

mickey jag:

More like Nigerians embarrassing themselves, you tosser. #Epic Fail
^^^ FYI. I don't, unlike "blacksta"
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by qwest(m): 11:06am On Feb 28, 2012
Poor BBC, either they are really ignorant or they are just being mischievous. Everyone in Nigeria knows that kleptomaniacs have and are still running the Nigerian government. Or are they saying we should hail our former overlords for saving us from ourselves, hmm.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 28, 2012
Makes № sense, Nigeria has not been fortunate enough to have a president who Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ not a known chronic thief except Buhari.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by antartica(m): 11:16am On Feb 28, 2012
Even the attorney general of deserve worse humiliation,he is the number thief. While the present governor of delta state,uduagban is more criminally daring,he basically warns good and responsible workers to stay clear of being good and never attempt to change the culture of corruption and looting in the system or else they will lose their jobs or even their lives. He must have been an agbero chairman before he became a political thug and then governor and maybe president later if he is not apprehended like ibori.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by LEXYLOV: 11:50am On Feb 28, 2012
Please tell them that we are not yet impressed with this news, this is just a token, it just a cup of water out of a drum of water is nothing. We still has thousands of Iboris in past and present administration who has now become parasites and epidemic of our daily life in Nigeria. We need help to overcome this please. lipsrsealed
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by cap28: 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
a theif will always be a theif - this theif started off his career by looting diy stuff from a london hardware store along with his wife - - if he had done that in nigeria he would have had a tyre thrown around his neck and been burnt alive - instead all he got was a caution - a mere slap on the wrist -he was then free to create even more mayhem. Hope some big guys gang ra.pe him in prison.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Pennywise(m): 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2012
Ibori's plea was strategic for his survival and for the survival of perhaps a lot of other people some of whom might be in government.

This trial would have brought a lot of revelations to light as the prosecution from their opening statement was clearly ready to draw (Ibori's) blood. In our local parlance, 'dem don plan am take'.

Ibori had absolutely no option. His couriers are already in jail doing time. Freeing Ibori would have meant miscarriage of Justice for these other persons. Like shooting your self in the foot after spending so much to investigate, prosecute and secure conviction.

I really hate the fact that Aondoakaa, Ibori's right hand man and executioner got away free to enjoy his millions.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by dmainboss: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2012
Please can someone tell what's wrong with Nigerians? When the goverment does not prosecute, they say the government does not want to fight corruption. When they prosecute, they say its witch hunt. When a foreign goverment prosecutes, they say it we are all thieves so it doesn't matter. I feel sorry for Nigeria. The only grouse I have with oyibo is that they merged us into a country and gave us independence too early. We should have gotten independence in 1995.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by PastorAIO: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
How many thieves are the leaders of Western countries?  All of them, I would dare to say.   This duplicitous hypocritical thing that seems to be such an integral part and parcel of human nature is starting to get boring.  

How many Nigerians have been involved in fraud themselves?  It is such a common thing amongst my people and we have the global reputation to show for it.  Why is it a surprise that in a nation of thieves the governors and heads of state are thieves?

The entire western economic and financial system is one big fraudulent scheme.  They are all liars and thieves from Obama to David Cameron to Sarkozy etc etc etc

What was it that Jesus said about the block in your eye before the speck in your neighbours eye?
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by yoji: 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2012
@ pastor AIO
So am guessin u'l be glad if d british govt frees him and apologises.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by jspac(m): 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2012
Ibori i bu onye oshi,Ole buruku.
One down many more to go. cheesy
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 28, 2012
room702:

i  can bet my last kobo that BBC will make sure this story makes the 6pm news and its not just to embarrasss the bastard ibori guy but just to embarrass Nigerians.
And so?, mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww.if nigerians govt wont say d trut,oda countries will do it 4us, its no fucking big deal
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by okstol: 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
Don't be surprised dat the pdp crooks will give dis dude a befitting welcome party dat will supersede dat of Olabode Georges when his jail term ends.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by olaezebala: 12:59pm On Feb 28, 2012
every convicted polithiefian is a hero in nigeria. welcome to the club joooooooooooooooooooo
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by member67023: 1:08pm On Feb 28, 2012
What happens to the bribe that Ibori gave to that Asaba Judge?
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by kizito96(m): 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2012
I Pray others go same way
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
From rags to riches grin

Wait a minute,  we've already had thieves as presidents grin
Has someone been reading our historical archives upside down again?
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
eGuerrilla:

From rags to riches grin

Wait a minute,  we've already had thieves as presidents grin
Has someone been reading our historical archives upside down again?

Yes all our civilian presidents have been thieves at a certain point in time. but now is the time to fight them.

what we should worry about now is the commander-in-thief, GEJ, in aso rock now. That guy is a sly thief oh! me i don talk am!
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by drnoel: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
What are write-up. Why can Nigerian journalist write something like this. U guys will see, it will start with Ibori, where it will end is what I don't know
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2012
diluminati:

Yes all our civilian presidents have been thieves at a certain point in time. but now is the time to fight them.

what we should worry about now is the commander-in-thief, GEJ, in aso rock now. That guy is a sly thief oh! me i don talk am!

Nah hint I hint before before.

You know, the fingers of a man who has only nine should not be counted in his presence.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 28, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Nah hint I hint before before.

You know, the fingers of a man who has only nine should not be counted in his presence.

this your proverb too strong for me jor

like me talk am GEJ na thief but him be like say him get sense pass ibori. you know thief dey learn new patterns, and them dey learn from their fellow thief failures.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Niseamaka(m): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
Lasinoh:

So, which Nigerian politician is not a thief?
All have records as ex-cons!  kiss
Ibori is a victim of his arrogance like Alams period!
Make we hia word!
Tinubu nor push drug for America? Yoruba peeps were jubilating when he escaped EFCC net!
Even his children and concubines on NL.
Hypocrites! grin

Ibori, go to the damn jail!
Come out, and I will throw you a huge party!!!
Being an ex-con is a badge of honor in Africa politics!n
[b]Ask Mandela!
cheesy[/b]

There are ex-cons and there are ex-cons. There is no basis for comparism between Nelson Mandela, one of the greatest Africans of all time, who went to prison for fighting to free his people from the clutches of apartheid and a career criminal like James Ibori, who stole from the very people he was elected  to serve and protect.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Beaf: 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2012
diluminati:

this your proverb too strong for me jor

like me talk am GEJ na thief but him be like say him get sense pass ibori. you know thief dey learn new patterns, and them dey learn from their fellow thief failures.

--Please read with a Warri accent for full effect--
My dear, di proverb mean say you don crrrrrrrraaaaaaaaze like Ibori! grin
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by ada24: 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2012
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=412348513153

its all political - I laugh in french
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2012
How come it took him so long before confessing to such a terrible crime? Useless rulers.
Re: James Ibori: How A Thief Almost Became Nigeria's President - Bbc by brightk(m): 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2012
but at least when he was power, there were some dramatic changes in delta state unlike his unfortunate cousin Uduaghan, who has decided to impoverish the state,

nobody holy pass eh
look into my eyes make u tell me say u holy pass.

nobody,

even the so called critics on NL, are u people better off, politics is a sensitive game and its meant for the intelligent guys, if u decide to bite the fingers that feeds u simply becos u dont like their company anymore, then be prepared to loose your teeth. that was just the case of james ibori,

those of u who live in delta state can testify to what he did for deltans,

though he stole money i am not covering that, what abt others who escaped

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... / A Bayelsan Woman Enjoying Oil Money(photo) / LIVE UPDATES: Nnamdi Kanu Parents Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.