Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article (10471 Views)

Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / A 1967 British Newspaper Headline Of A Nigerian Man Helping The UK (pics) / A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by bittyend(m): 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
Well, just keep the taunts coming. One day, you will have to fight alone without your husbands aboki, because aboki will have the middle belt to fight. It will be you and us then.
You will then prove yourselves to us.

I pray to Jesus, Allah, Sango, Olukun, Amadioha, Ogun and every other God out there to make it happens soon. That will allow everyone know who's really about it. I really want to test the Ibos. I don't hate Ibos but I pray we settle the scores very soon - to see who the coward is.

And ONLYTRUTH ala EZE NDIGBO GBURU GBURU - you can speed up the answers to your prayers by declaring Biafra in Lagos (no man's land like y'all claim) anytime you go to Nigeria.
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by ak47mann(m): 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
Onlytruth:

Anyway, I gotta go. Ain't gat time for cowards.  cool
Dont mind those Yoruba cowards they are like drowning man cool
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by Jisunpack: 6:29pm On Feb 29, 2012
^

You wish!!! cool

Four Killed, 50 Injured, 20 Vehicles Destroyed As Hoodlums Clash In Lagos
« on: Today at 10:07:49 AM »

Hell was let loose in Ejigbo and Mafoluku areas of Lagos State yesterday, as street urchins popularly called ‘Area Boys’ unleashed violence.

In the melee, four persons were feared killed and over 50 people injured. About 20 vehicles were vandalized during the clash by the factional gangs, who were fighting over toll collection at a plank bridge linking Ajao Estate with Ejigbo area of the state.

Over100 houses were also raided by the hoodlums during the free-for-all as they cashed in on the crisis to rob residents of the areas.
Lagos has recorded an upsurge of gang clashes in recent times, which had claimed about 50 lives. Affected areas include Lagos Island, Palmgrove, Iyana Ipaja and Obalende.

Trouble started on Monday night when a member of a faction of the street urchins, who was collecting N10 toll from pedestrians crossing from Ajao Estate to Ejigbo, had a disagreement with an Igbo man simply identified as Chukwuma.
Chukwuma was said to have given the Area boy N1, 000 note and was asked to come back to collect his balance of N990.

He was, however denied of his balance on his return, a development that made him raise the alarm.
His alarm was said to have attracted members of other faction of the Area boys, who claimed that it was their right to collect the toll. In the process, they engaged the other faction in a serious argument.
But angered by the action of Chukwuma, a member of the faction that was owing him N990 hit him with an object, which made him to slump and died instantly.

It was at this point that the two factions engaged themselves in a serious fight that later led to the death of one of them simply identified as Jamiu. Many others were said to have been injured.
The faction that lost Jamiu later regrouped and stormed the Mafoluku area for a reprisal attack at the wee hour of yesterday.

However, members of the opposing gang were said to have anticipated the reprisal and engaged their attackers, which led to the loss of another three lives.
Residents said dangerous weapons like guns, machetes, broken bottles and cudgels were freely used by the hoodlums. At the end of the clash, 20 vehicles were vandalized with over 100 houses raided by the hoodlums.
As at Press time, many residents of the areas have fled their homes for fear of fresh attack.
Few residents, who spoke with Daily Sun on condition of anonymity, pleaded with the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Yakubu Alkali and Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) to come to their aid as they were not sure of what would happen next.

A resident, who simply identified himself as Kabiru, appealed to the state government to sack the hoodlums from the pedestrian bridge, saying they have made life miserable to the people of the two areas.
Kabiru, who claimed he received a machete cut for refusing to open the door of his house to the hoodlums, who were making house-to-house raid, wondered why the police did not respond on time during the attack.
Police spokesman in the state, Mr. Jaiyeoba Joseph, confirmed the incident, but said only one person was killed. He said the police were on top of the situation as the areas have been taken over, urging residents to remain calm as the situation is under control.

Abandoned property season II
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Feb 29, 2012
ak47mann:

Dont mind those Yoruba cowards they are like drowning man cool

A drowning man and a fleeing man on the way to Abidjan which one worse pass
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by bittyend(m): 6:33pm On Feb 29, 2012
Stop attaching middle belt to your side.

Middle belters We've been whooping their azzes since the beginning of time, and don't forget that 1/4 of the middle belt is Yoruba land. We also took the TIVs out of the mountains and gave them clothes.

Like I said earlier, Ibos/eboes+Ijaws+Hausa/fulani+anyone that don't like the Yorubas can get it - but y'all have to queue up - and decide who goes first. Even BEAF of NL and his people can get it.
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by ak47mann(m): 6:37pm On Feb 29, 2012
bittyend:

Middle belters We've been whooping their azzes since the beginning of time, and don't forget that 1/4 of the middle belt is Yoruba land. We also took the TIVs out of the mountains and gave them clothes.

Like I said earlier, Ibos/eboes+Ijaws+Hausa/fulani+anyone that don't like the Yorubas can get it - but y'all have to queue up - and decide who goes first. Even BEAF of NL and his people can get it.
Yoruba want to claim MD lands again this is serious cool
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by Jisunpack: 6:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
Keep on spewing trash from US while your people are getting roasted everyday!

[img]http://4.bp..com/_wNJtF1XNe8Y/S4GYLw4F8eI/AAAAAAAAB1k/hrtirZbrW7g/s400/internet+coward.jpg[/img]

Onlytruth:

Stop attaching middle belt to your side. They have the Hausa/Fulani to fight.
You will have to fight us the Igbo and may be the Ijaw who desperately want your thieving mouths off their oil pipes.
Start thinking of how to win against us.
Onlytruth:

All the Yorubas making noise here as usual just baffle me.
These folks are the biggest cowards in Africa. I just found out recently that they are also the most shameless tribe in Africa. sad
And they dare complain that people are taunting them! I bet you these people go to bed every night thanking the Hausa/Fulani for saving them in 1967.
Who would have stopped the Biafran Expeditionary Force? The fact that Ojukwu mistaking trusted one of them to lead the BEF as a mark of trust building, has turned these cowards into the biggest loudmouths in Nigeria.

Well, just keep the taunts coming. One day, you will have to fight alone without your husbands aboki, because aboki will have the middle belt to fight. It will be you and us then.
You will then prove yourselves to us.
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by nku5: 6:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
dayokanu:

http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm

@ dayokanu - I checked the site hoping to see something that would engage me intellectually but all i saw was an article by omoigui where he refers to a tribunal of inquiry into the alleged atrocities but fails to quote the actual report or even quote one line. I emailed the writer asking for a copy of the tribunal's report. Wartime propaganda was easy those days but now in the internet age? its difficult to lie and not get caught
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by ak47mann(m): 6:40pm On Feb 29, 2012
ikembas power!! is killing them eeyyaahh sorry oh go and drink otampalaka like awoliko and end your misery sad sad
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by ak47mann(m): 6:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
nku5:

@ dayokanu - I checked the site hoping to see something that would engage me intellectually but all i saw was an article by omoigui where he refers to a tribunal of inquiry into the alleged atrocities but fails to quote the actual report or even quote one line. I emailed the writer asking for a copy of the tribunal's report. Wartime propaganda was easy those days but now in the internet age? its difficult to lie and not get caught

you make a lot of sense there for once, people think they still lives in caves and mountain were they wake up one morning and lie and expert their mugus to believe,mean while they themselves haven't find their feet out of poverty cool
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by Jisunpack: 6:45pm On Feb 29, 2012

www.nairaland.com/attachments/641056_Oju_running__jpg888d71a0b0c6970f990d5f854995ae9a

^
Hope no be this coward wey run to Abidjan dressed like a market woman? Tufiaakwa!!

ak47mann:

ikembas power!! is killing them eeyyaahh sorry oh go and drink otampalaka like awoliko and end your misery sad sad
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by bittyend(m): 6:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
Yoruba want to claim MD lands again this is serious

Clifford Orji protege, where is kwara, Kogi and Niger state??

You Ibo,ebos or eboes want everyone to feel sorry for you - but phukk that, I don't feel sorry for stupid people. You killed everyone's leaders, spared yours - and your people went as far as taunting the same people you killed their leaders. What do you expect after that?? You want them to pat on the back for a job well done, huh

You declared Biafra, and others told you they were neutral - yet you invaded their lands - and tried to colonize them on their own land - what do you expect them to do

You bombed PEN CINEMA in Lagos with people in there, and other places - what do you expect these people to do - give you a hand shake, huh??

Get over yourselves for real - you asked for it, and you got what you asked for - STOP BEING CRY BABIES.

You've been taunting Lagosians and Yoruba people for years - if they react and start killing Ibos/ebos now - it will be the cries again from you people. why can't you lot live in peace - rather than step on other people toes

You have your Biafra land, biafran currency, and biafran passport - why don't you lot go over there - and enjoy your biafra nation, rather than disturb other people in their homeland??
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by ak47mann(m): 6:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
hohohoho e dey pain you? drink otapiapia you know yaribas have suicidal tendencies your life worth nothing either you like it or not we control Nigeria as Israel control the world don't get it twisted you are not in our level and never will cool
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by bittyend(m): 6:57pm On Feb 29, 2012
hohohoho e dey pain you? drink otapiapia you know yaribas have suicidal tendencies your live worth nothing either you like it or not we control Nigeria as Israel control the world don't get it twisted you are not in our level and never will

Israel controls the World, yet they never big brother before they attack Iran, huh Hezbollah handed Israel their azzes not too long ago - keep living in la la land, ebo guy,

You control Nigeria, yet you moan every day like a kid that threw his toys out of the pram.

You have Biafraland, biafra map, biafra currency and biafra passport - go live a happy life over there and stop nagging to us. Everyone is tired of you lot.

You lot are like a nagging wife, that's why we always avoid you, like a husband avoids his nagging wife. We'll kick you out soon, just watch.
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by ak47mann(m): 7:17pm On Feb 29, 2012
bittyend:

Israel controls the World, yet they never big brother before they attack Iran, huh Hezbollah handed Israel their azzes not too long ago - keep living in la la land, ebo guy,

You control Nigeria, yet you moan every day like a kid that threw his toys out of the pram.

You have Biafraland, biafra map, biafra currency and  biafra passport - go live a happy life over there and stop nagging to us. Everyone is tired of you lot.

You lot are like a nagging wife, that's why we always avoid you, like a husband avoids his nagging wife. We'll kick you out soon, just watch.
The problem is that you don't no what is actually going on in the world,poor Yoruba boy like you only tunumbu and ACN your village egos is what kept you lot backward for ages, if you dont know that Israelite controls the world then you are dumb, take out your Islamic cap and see clear "cowards"okay allow us to go naah?fear no let una Hausa have seen that yaribas got no tangible power in the union they quickly endorse ikemba which they don't have choice,you got no say in Nigeria sanusi have told you lot that you are rascal and problem to others and it never ring a bell to you.That shows how shallow you people are i feel sorry 4 you lot sometimes cool
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by bittyend(m): 7:29pm On Feb 29, 2012
The problem is that you don't no what is actually going on in the world,poor Yoruba boy like you only tunumbu and ACN your village egos is what kept you lot backward for ages, if you dont know that Israelite controls the world then you are dump, take out your Islamic cap and see clear "cowards"okay allow us to go naah?fear no let una Hausa have seen that yaribas got no tangible power in the union they quickly endorse ikemba which they don't have choice,you got no say in Nigeria sanusi have told you lot that you are rascal and problem to others and it never ring a bell to you.That shows how shallow you people are i feel sorry you lot sometimes

You just showed your ignorance again - Israel controls the West and Western media, not the world, dumbo. Take America out of the equation, and see if Israel won't back inot its hole. Russia, China, India, Brazil and the players from the other side - the place where 3/4 of the world's population lives - could care less about Israel and its propaganda.

Tell Israel to attack Iran and test how powerful they really are.
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by Yeske2(m): 7:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
New here, what's happening?
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by ak47mann(m): 8:02pm On Feb 29, 2012
bittyend:

You just showed your ignorance again - Israel controls the West and Western media, not the world, dumbo. Take America out of the equation, and see if Israel won't back inot its hole. Russia, China, India, Brazil and the players from the other side - the place where 3/4 of the world's population lives - could care less about Israel and its propaganda.

Tell Israel to attack Iran and test how powerful they really are.
cheesy cheesy this guy is really lost!! you think because Iran is building nuclear war head which Israel have develop more sophisticated weapons more dangerous than that undecidedIsrael fought the whole Arabs nation to stand still and they still send jet fighters to labanon and Palestinians and drop bombs in their cities  and nothing will happen worst they can do to shot Iranian rockets to Israel but Israelite retaliation is always devastating, lot of killings and blockages they will start crying again to the world for help grin my friend don't be deceive by this Arabs that got nothing up there, Israelite is there to stay if they try any shiitt they will get smoked.

Haven't you realised that Israel got the best scientist in the world? they are GODS chosen people you cant defeat them go read bible cool
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by ak47mann(m): 8:05pm On Feb 29, 2012
And Iranian scientist that was killed the other day in Iran by Israeli mossad they couldn't do shiit same in Dubai and other places even in Europe they will come and smoke u there too even in nigeria plane clashes whos hand work was that? which sultan or emirs died? dont get it twisted cool cool
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by Abagworo(m): 8:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
The killing of Delta Igbos should not be politicized or made ridicule of. I don't get the reason for all these unnecessary comments. Is anyone in support of the genocide?
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by DuduNegro: 8:42pm On Feb 29, 2012
You have Biafraland, biafra map, biafra currency and biafra passport - go live a happy life over there and stop nagging to us. Everyone is tired of you lot.

Bitty, you forgot. . . they have Biafran oyel! I dont know why they left oyel producing East to got no-oil producing Kano to go sacrifice their blood for Hausaland.

Abagworo, present the atrocities on both sides and lets look at it fairly.
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by bittyend(m): 8:46pm On Feb 29, 2012
they are GODS chosen people you cant defeat them go read bible

God chosen people my arse, clown. Muthaphukkin' Ashkenazi Jews that left the caves not too long ago are God "chosen" people?? Another stupid religious slave.

Yo, phuck Christians, Muslims and Judaism - y'all are lost sheeple.

Hezbollah handed Israel their azzes - FACT!
Israel have sleepless nights about Iran - FACT!
America is a Country of cowards that picks up fights with countries that can't defend themselves - FACT!
Muslims, Christians and Jews are all religious clowns and sheeple - FACT!

Phukk y'all and your masters - and phukk the dying pope too.

This post is not about muthaphukking Israel, you clown - don't derail the thread.

TELL YOUR BIA-FAIL PEOPLE TO STOP TAUNTING THE YORUBAS BEFORE WE TAKE THE REST OF YOUR EROSION RIDDEN BIA-FAIL LAND - LET THE SLEEPING GIANT ALA YORUBAS SLEEP IN PEACE, STOP TROUBLING US BECAUSE WE DON'T TROUBLE YOU.

CIAO!
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by Dainfamous: 8:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
bittyend:

God chosen people my arse, clown. Muthaphukkin' Ashkenazi Jews that left the caves not too long ago are God "chosen" people?? Another silly religious slave.

Yo, phuck Christians, Muslims and Judaism - y'all are lost sheeple.

Hezbollah handed Israel their azzes - FACT!
Israel have sleepless nights about Iran - FACT!
America is a Country of cowards that picks up fights with countries that can't defend themselves - FACT!
Muslims, Christians and Jews are all religious clowns and sheeple - FACT!

Phukk y'all and your masters - and phukk the dying pope too.

This post is not about muthaphukking Israel, you clown - don't derail the thread.

TELL YOUR BIA-FAIL PEOPLE TO STOP TAUNTING THE YORUBAS BEFORE WE TAKE THE REST OF YOUR EROSION RIDDEN BIA-FAIL LAND - LET THE SLEEPING GIANT ALA YORUBAS SLEEP IN PEACE,  STOP TROUBLING US BECAUSE WE DON'T TROUBLE YOU.

CIAO!
You yorubas should know by now, to have the courage to challenge biafra just make sure you are ready for the hit cool as longs as they are richer in re-souses you dont have chioce or you starved sad
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by DuduNegro: 9:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
. . . .You are lucky Hausa is the one beefing with you and not Yoruba. If we were engaged with you half as many years as they have since 1945, your Biafran as/ses will be a tributary of Oyo empire by now. Watch out. . . it's not too late to order your Obis and Ezes to bring their taxes to Oyo and bow down before this King. grin

Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by LizTampa: 10:09pm On Feb 29, 2012
It has been interesting to see the way this discussion has gone. We are doing this research because we thought it was important to develop some kind of objective acccount, drawn from evidence, about an event that has received little attention in the official history of Nigeria. Yes, we're outsiders, but maybe that helped us get some perspective -- we are not arguing that Igbo people are any better than anyone else, or blindly taking one side here. In the end, we were hoping that recovering a lost history would be helpful, and could possibly lead to people reflecting on the terrible consequences of war -- for everyone.

People in Asaba did not lie to us; of that I am sure. One of the most heartening things we learned was that even during the killing, there were many examples of federal soldiers (non-Igbos)who risked their own lives (and in some cases died) to protect civilians when other soldiers were slaughtering them. These soldiers spoke up and acted from a sense of shared humanity, and that leaves us with hope for the future. Our work is not about deciding which ethnic group is better than the other; it is is about the importance of facing some uncomfortable truths and moving forward. I'm sorry if this sounds presumptuous coming from a non-Nigerian, but this work has become important to us.

1 Like

Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by bittyend(m): 10:32pm On Feb 29, 2012
It has been interesting to see the way this discussion has gone. We are doing this research because we thought it was important to develop some kind of objective acccount, drawn from evidence, about an event that has received little attention in the official history of Nigeria. Yes, we're outsiders, but maybe that helped us get some perspective -- we are not arguing that Igbo people are any better than anyone else, or blindly taking one side here. In the end, we were hoping that recovering a lost history would be helpful, and could possibly lead to people reflecting on the terrible consequences of war -- for everyone.

People in Asaba did not lie to us; of that I am sure. One of the most heartening things we learned was that even during the killing, there were many examples of federal soldiers (non-Igbos)who risked their own lives (and in some cases died) to protect civilians when other soldiers were slaughtering them. These soldiers spoke up and acted from a sense of shared humanity, and that leaves us with hope for the future. Our work is not about deciding which ethnic group is better than the other; it is is about the importance of facing some uncomfortable truths and moving forward. I'm sorry if this sounds presumptuous coming from a non-Nigerian, but this work has become important to us.

Blah blah blah!!! Why can't you focus your research on your Country and the millions of people your military complex has killed all over the world, Phukk you and your research - don't start something you can't finish, The war happened 40years, and no one cares about it - apart from the stupid revisionist Ibos,

Maybe, next you'll include how the Ibos invaded neutral people; bombed them; and massacred their people for no reason - in your stupid research,

Shove your stupid research in your arse, and phukk off,
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by SamIkenna: 3:08am On Mar 01, 2012
I've seen some people are really shouting and yelling on top of their voices hoping that the self-evident truth would be drowned, I'm sorry for these people. Wrong is wrong, Nigeria did so much wrong to Igbos and their brothers yet some people, maybe because they were part of the vandals, have taken it upon themselves to defend the indefensible. You ask - why are they worried about Asaba and Biafra? Why are they fighting the truth? Are they Biafrans or Aniomans?

My life would be empty and useless if all I do here was to fight all day just to make the other side look bad. There is much more to life than bicker, hate, and turn the truth upside-down because the truth makes you uncomfortable. Life is karma itself, you never know when your wish for another man becomes your own personal wish. To that end I would say that:

1. If you believe Asaba got the right justice from Nigeria, boldly and loudly state before NLers that such justice is what you hope for your people if found under similar circumstance.

2. If you in all honesty believed that Biafra was wrong and deserved whatever happened to her and her people including, but not limited to, 30000 mutilated bodies in 1966, 3 million killed during the war, Starvation as a weapon, 20 pounds, Abandon property, mass purge from civil service, etc. then boldly state before the world that you would adore and cherish the kind of justice Biafrans got if your group or region were under similar circumstance.

If you're not man enough or objective enough, or should I say, sanctimonious enough to accept the kind of justice you want others to accept then do us a favor and call yourself a hypocrite and save us your unneccesary salvos.

BE A MAN AND TAKE THE PLUNGE! You've been writing all along about how justified this and that is, now is the time to be "patriotic" to your beloved country that you have so much defended. Defend it once more by telling us that you would take, with humility, the justice that Biafrans got from Nigeria because you know in your heart it was the right justice.

I'll be watching to see who's man enough.
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by nduchucks: 4:38am On Mar 01, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

1. If you believe Asaba got the right justice from Nigeria, boldly and loudly state before NLers that such justice is what you hope for your people if found under similar circumstance.

This question is irrational. I can count at least 2 oxymorons in the question. You seem to have forgotten that war is not a dance party and people get killed in wars. It is basically impossible to paint the picture of death in pleasant colours. Death should never be wished on a fellow human being for no just cause, whether he/she is a member or "your people" or not.

Sam_Ikenna:

2. If you in all honesty believed that Biafra was wrong and deserved whatever happened to her and her people including, but not limited to, 30000 mutilated bodies in 1966, 3 million killed during the war, Starvation as a weapon, 20 pounds, Abandon property, mass purge from civil service, etc. then boldly state before the world that you would adore and cherish the kind of justice Biafrans got if your group or region were under similar circumstance.

I remind you once more that war is not a dance party. The numbers you are throwing around are probably not accurate and the number of dead during the war has been a bone of contention for a long time. Nigerians have never been able to count living people let alone dead people during the war. How did you arrive at those outrageous numbers? Just so you know, blockade is a legitimate tool of warfare.

If the blockade caused the deaths of thousands of rebels, then the blame lies squarely on incompetent leaders and military strategists on the biafra side. As soon as a blockade was implemented, rebel leaders should have known that they could no longer win the war.  The compassionate and smart thing to do thereafter would have been to surrender.  Instead of surrendering and saving the lives of hundreds of thousands if not millions, as you put it, the rebel leaders kept fighting and causing the deaths of their own people through starvation etc.  In the end these rebel leaders fled. SMH

Nwanne m, It took me a long time to forgive Ojukwu and his military commanders for these unnecessary deaths.
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by BlackPikiN(m): 5:12am On Mar 01, 2012
ndu_chucks:

This question is irrational. I can count at least 2 oxymorons in the question. You seem to have forgotten that war is not a dance party and people get killed in wars. It is basically impossible to paint the picture of death in pleasant colours. Death should never be wished on a fellow human being for no just cause, whether he/she is a member or "your people" or not.

I remind you once more that war is not a dance party. The numbers you are throwing around are probably not accurate and the number of dead during the war has been a bone of contention for a long time. Nigerians have never been able to count living people let alone dead people during the war. How did you arrive at those outrageous numbers? Just so you know, blockade is a legitimate tool of warfare.

If the blockade caused the deaths of thousands of rebels, then the blame lies squarely on incompetent leaders and military strategists on the biafra side. As soon as a blockade was implemented, rebel leaders should have known that they could no longer win the war.  The compassionate and smart thing to do thereafter would have been to surrender.  Instead of surrendering and saving the lives of hundreds of thousands if not millions, as you put it, the rebel leaders kept fighting and causing the deaths of their own people through starvation etc.  In the end these rebel leaders fled. SMH

Nwanne m, It took me a long time to forgive Ojukwu and his military commanders for these unnecessary deaths.

Did Ojukwu cause any death?
Did Ojukwu cause the North and other Nigerians to kill Igbo men before He stood up for their defense?
Is there anything wrong with him saying "enough is enough, come home my people if you feel unsecured".
Did you just hear what Niger state Governor say about acting same way if He had the opportunity to. That wasn't a political statement.
It was straight and frank.

So you hail the killing of defenseless civilians and hate someone who chose to protect them.
You be animal, a coward and demon!
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by nduchucks: 6:02am On Mar 01, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Did Ojukwu cause the North and other Nigerians to kill Igbo men before He stood up for their defense?
Is there anything wrong with him saying "enough is enough, come home my people if you feel unsecured".
Did you just hear what Niger state Governor say about acting same way if He had the  opportunity to. That wasn't a political statement.

So you hail the killing of defenseless civilians and hate someone who chose to protect them.

I have very little patience for people who cannot comprehend simple English. Why are you asking these dumb questions? I will state it categorically that the fact that biafran commanders made the decision to keep fighting after the blockade, instead of surrendering, caused the deaths of more people than had been killed on both sides, before the blockade.

The sad thing is that while civilians were starving to death, these commanders were well fed, and at the end of the day, they fled!!

My people are in denial again:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/648223_rak_jpg3be10a689dcae3eda0158a90666e866e

1 Like

Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by OneNaira6: 6:11am On Mar 01, 2012
I find it funny that the Yoruba are trying to tell Asabians our history. I laugh tire
Re: Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article by OneNaira6: 6:12am On Mar 01, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Did you just hear what Niger state Governor say about acting same way if He had the opportunity to. That wasn't a political statement.

Million dollar question dem refuse to answer.
Thank you for speaking the obvious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lawmakers Accuses Jonathan Of Sponsoring Endorsement / Arrest Akpabio, Ekere Now For Electoral Offences - PDP / Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.