Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked (11231 Views)

El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa / FG, India In Diplomatic Row Over Nigerian’s Death / Nigerians Still Que For South Africa's Visa Despite The Diplomatic Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 07, 2012
Nigerian are sooo unrealistic? Why wouldn't they treat nigerians bad with our output in their country After all nigerians have really destroyed their country too like they did to others. Nigerian government are just the same and can't change they r just using this opportunity to brain wash nigerian youths yall better wake up and don't support the useless government of nigeria. They can't repair their home and they want to spoil outside for nigerians looking for better life again Shm nigerian government is purely s*** and southy people have always been bigots but on a real, nigerians are even worse why can't de useless govt fix their hell hole country so their people would stop going to southy! SMH for yall its a pity. Yall should just hope naija don't separate 2015 as predicted
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by mykejones(m): 11:00am On Mar 07, 2012
They once insulted us in one of their movies dat went on to win many international awards. Dora,who was the "good people,great nation" minister then tried hard 2 get the movie banned,all to no avail.
Now they openly scorn us again,and some clowns on NL don't see it as anythin?
Either u like it or not,argue it or not,U r a Nigerian and insult to the federation is a direct insult on ur personality.
When Abdulmutallab misbehaved in the US,No be Nigerian dem call am?
Didn't we all feel the effects?
Wake up guys,we r Nigerians!!! And those rapists/canibalistic fellows just insulted we bunch!
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by forkadict(m): 11:02am On Mar 07, 2012
mr sirdam:

Nigerian are sooo unrealistic? Why wouldn't they treat nigerians bad with our output in their country After all nigerians have really destroyed their country too like they did to others. Nigerian government are just the same and can't change they r just using this opportunity to brain wash nigerian youths yall better wake up and don't support the useless government of nigeria. They can't repair their home and they want to spoil outside for nigerians looking for better life again Shm nigerian government is purely s*** and southy people have always been bigots but on a real, nigerians are even worse why can't de useless govt fix their hell hole country so their people would stop going to southy! SMH for yall its a pity. Yall should just hope naija don't separate 2015 as predicted

You dey fear? You no want make dem deport you?
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 07, 2012
Yo mikejones, if nigeria splits soon, would u still be a nigerian
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by bayleaf(m): 11:04am On Mar 07, 2012
if they are going to sack SA companies, what happens to the many nigerian graduates in these companies? it is true they bring in their own people to manage these companies and they earn very fat salaries but we can not just ask them to pack up and go without considering the nigerians working there also.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 07, 2012
@fork addict me I get blue P na na why people like u dey always worship each timee I enter nig
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by forkadict(m): 11:10am On Mar 07, 2012
mr sirdam:

@fork addict me I get blue P na na why people like u dey always worship each timee I enter nig

LMFAO. Una wey dey suffer for dat side? na una we go dey worship? Abeg no make me laff. No be manual labor all of una dey do for there? Una no go chop for 1 year dey save like person wey wan die sake of say una wan come form big boy when una manage show for naija.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by humblebee: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2012
expat:

well why do you fake yellow fever vaccine cards in the first place?

use ur damaged brain, read over again, give freedom to your brain and not just your fingers, didn't you read that visas were given based on authentication of these same yellow cards by their embassy over here, can't u see its beyond the cards. mumu
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by SamMilla1(m): 11:15am On Mar 07, 2012
Senators should stop shouting and start acting. Thats how it is done. After making so much noise, the international community will intervene. Just hold a closed door meeting, decide something and do it.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by humblebee: 11:15am On Mar 07, 2012
mr sirdam:

i hope your brain doesn't separate come 2015 if you keep reasoning like this, so because Nigeria is not fixed, the nation should be insulted and disrespected over a yellow card that was approved at their embassy only to be rejected at the port of entry, its a clear case of fraud, your rep here approves a document and it gets rejected by the same government, cant u use your head instead of typing without reasoning
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Bornagain190: 11:21am On Mar 07, 2012
I repeat again, these senators are bunch of clowns. Maybe david mark  should tell us how much kickbacks they receive in millions from these same south african companies, buncha hypocrites. Very soon a committe would be set up to handle this issue. Govt should develop our country and curb corruption, revamp the judiciary, for God's sake let people spend time in jail when they break the law, no matter their status, that will bring sanity to these lawless country, there's so much insanity, impunity and madness in this nation, send people to jail for crimes. A terrorist was given 3yrs in Nigeria, while same offence got a life jail in the U.S.  Let govt show the will to sanitise this country, then other nations will respect us.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 07, 2012
yomalex:

No matter how bad your country is, NEVER support another country against your own. Only fools will do that

You are right on point! Where does patriotism surfaces when Nigerians can not support their own country? It is only Nigerians that run down their nation before other nationals which you hardly find other nationals doing same.

I was at a meeting where some Angolans were present and after the meeting we were discussing about our countries. There were some of my colleagues (Nigerians) castigating Nigeria and said so unfriendly things including corruption in the police, but to my surprise, an Angolan spoke and said "Nigerians should try to paint their country in good light, say more of the positives and less of the negatives because it is what you say we take you to be". He further said "corruption is everywhere, even in Angola the police is worst of it, so its not new"
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 07, 2012
@humbee, after reading most of threads, I conclude u r a looser whom inferiority complex must have plagued u and ur family tree. Too bad u had to insult everybody u replied any ways I don't have ur timee.
@fork addict u say me I dey wash plates and dead bodies ba? I fit bet a mill dollars say u no dey independent oh! No be ur family housee u still dey stay? No go find as u go get ur independence to pay ur bills and repair ur future. Me I still wish u the best sha. No go dull urself say na everybody for yankee dey do dirt oh. Lol
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by LEXYLOV: 11:36am On Mar 07, 2012
Nice but more important issue are on that need this type of action. what about you rise up like this against BH, Corruption, electricity and infrastructure  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by expat: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2012
@ humblebee

you must be joking if you think they had valid cards. The visa departments can't check these cards in depth after all it's not a passport. If they look alright they will issue a visa.  SA is taking yellow fever serious (despite that they don't like Nigerians for all the reasons we both know). Now swallow your pride, become a honest politician and change the country. Then foreign countries will be happy to let you in (maybe even with a not so valid yellow fever card). What comes around goes around.

http://www.daily-mail.co.zm/index.php/politics/3258-20-zambians-denied-entry-into-sa

By CAROLINE KALOMBE
ABOUT 20 Zambians aboard a CR Carriers bus were on Friday denied entry into South Africa by that country’s immigration authorities on grounds that they had fake yellow fever vaccination certificates.
CR Carriers director in South Africa Mafire Cisoko said only 10 out of 30 passengers were allowed to enter that country after their yellow fever vaccination certificates were subjected to rigorous scrutiny by immigration officers at Beit Bridge.
This is according to a statement issued yesterday by first secretary for press at the Zambian High Commission in Pretoria, Patson Chilemba.
Mr Cisoko said South African immigration authorities intensified searches after being tipped by an unnamed source that the certificates which Zambians had were fake because they were not obtained from government authorised health institutions.
He said the officers believed authentic certificates were dark-yellow, while the fake ones were light-yellow.
The bus on which Zambians were travelling was nearly sent back, but was later allowed entry after operators intervened, but with few passengers who got clearance at the border.
The stranded passengers were scheduled to return home after CR Carriers made fresh arrangements for another bus.
And Zambian High Commissioner to South Africa Muyeba Chikonde has cautioned Zambians wishing to travel to that country to ensure they get their yellow fever vaccinations to avoid being sent back at the border.
Mr Chikonde said it is a requirement for Zambians intending to travel to South Africa to ensure they carry authentic yellow fever certificates from government health institutions.
He said the South African government through its Department of Health reviewed its yellow fever vaccination policy which became effective in October last year.
All travellers from Zambia and other yellow fever risk countries will now be required to show proof of yellow fever vaccination, unless in possession of valid waiver certificates.
South Africa requires a valid yellow fever certificate from all persons above one year, travelling from a yellow fever risk country.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by rolchi(m): 11:54am On Mar 07, 2012
@Expat

Who prints this "yellow card"? Please, educate me!
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by expat: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2012
@ rolchi

http://www.immunize.org/shop/

or any other print shop. The proof of the vaccination is just a small piece of paper glued inside or on top.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Akwasi(m): 12:04pm On Mar 07, 2012
I don't see how a country can take over another national's company just because it is located in his country. By the way, I never expected this issue to be discussed in the Senate. South Africa needs Nigeria as much as Nigeria needs South Africa so diplomacy should be used to solve the issue.

Concerning the threat to takeover SA companies in Nigeria, I doubt Nigeria will ever try that because it will be a very costly move which the country might regret later.

Give peace a chance in Africa, Africans!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by KMOS: 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2012
Guys why are we talking just like that first of all we dont do these yellow fever vaccination, then when nigerian woman was deport all strapped in sole tape and polythene bag what did we do nothing make we just go beg for behind give some ghana must go to SA embassy migration case close
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by jerryben12: 12:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nigeria should in turn require HIV vaccination from every South African passenger in the future.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by squino(m): 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2012
Some pple cud be rily sily, sayin ur neighbours house s better dan urs shows u r hopeless
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Henry40: 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2012
"Africa Unite"? Oh, where is Ghaddafi when you need him??!! sad sad
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by olapluto(m): 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
Issues to always remind ourselves of in this case: 1. Nigeria is not a high risk yellow fever nation.Last incidence reported was in1995. 2. No Nigerian government official was contacted before deportation. This is illegal. 3. If ever this yellow fever card is to be checked, it should have been done at visa issuance and not point of entry.
Finally, I expect that Nigerian government should make it mandatory for all SA citizens entering Nigeria to have a full HIV/AIDS as a first point of reciprocation. Then, they can move on to scrutiny of SA expats in the country. By the time both countries decide to go LEGAL, we will all see that SA is even more corrupt than Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by ichidodo: 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
Bornagain 190:

I repeat again, these senators are bunch of clowns. Maybe david mark  should tell us how much kickbacks they receive in millions from these same south african companies, buncha hypocrites. Very soon a committe would be set up to handle this issue. Govt should develop our country and curb corruption, revamp the judiciary, for God's sake let people spend time in jail when they break the law, no matter their status, that will bring sanity to these lawless country, there's so much insanity, impunity and madness in this nation, send people to jail for crimes. A terrorist was given 3yrs in Nigeria, while same offence got a life jail in the U.S.  Let govt show the will to sanitise this country, then other nations will respect us.
see this fool paintin us in bad light. No country on our planet holy pass us and if u dont her (NIGERIA) The border to benin republic is not far. Ichidodo bu onye Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by kufreabasi(m): 1:08pm On Mar 07, 2012
''the South Africa government has murdered sleep, and can, therefore, not see sleep''.

Nigeria, wake uppppppppppp!!!. It remains Indian with their ill-treatment to nigerian in nigeria

Nigeria, wake uppppppppppp!!!.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by ayojango(m): 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2012
Good news let's take over MTN n DSTV and send dem packin,ds south africans r even slaves in their country and its d whites dt still rule.one out of 5 SA gat HIV f, k dem all
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Vavavoom(m): 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2012
Dem for just keep the other 124 quarantined pending validation of their YFC and drive back that olofofo senator back home amidst this rot of a society im him help create.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by chineloSA(f): 1:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
STUPID PEOPLE

I see some of you playing the messiah/ saviour card. If you are saying Nigeria helped SA during apartheid, it was not Nigeria exclusively. Russia, Zambia ( immensely ), Mozambique, Botswana, Zimbabwe, those were the major players.
Don't come with "" We helped SA crap""

By the way all the above mentioned people did not help SA, they help the ANC, so go ask the ANC to pay the debt owed to NIGERIA.
Not all SAfricans are ANC, there was IFP, AZAPO, PAC, NP etc., which I do not think you help and who also fought against apartheid, who doesn't owed anyone a dime.

SA's apartheid ended because there was mounting international pressure and sanctions not because of ANGEL NIGERIA.

Even if NIGERIA was the messiah ( Lord help Nigeria ),does that mean that they should not follow the policies and rules of the country they helped?

Zambia ( Kenneth Kaunda )  was the biggest player against apartheid, but you never her Zambians demanding things or the impossible for the fact that they help against apartheid.

This is not Xenophobia, its just plain protocol

Let DSTV, MTN, Shoprite and the likes go back to SA, SAfrican government does not own a stake in those companies, lets see who will be affected.

Legit Yellow card or NO ENTRY period.

Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Bawss1(m): 1:39pm On Mar 07, 2012
ayo jango:

Good news let's take over MTN n DSTV and send dem packin,ds south africans r even slaves in their country and its d whites dt still rule.one out of 5 SA gat HIV f, k dem all

Typical. Like our Nigerian owned Glo and HiTV offer any better services. A diplomatic spat and many Nigerians are salivating because of their fantasy to reap where they did not sow. We have more pressing issues to address as a country starting a cold war isn't one.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by chineloSA(f): 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2012
BY THE WAY WHEN IS THE " WE HELPED SA" DEBT GOING TO BE PAID UP.

Its been way too long.

Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Bawss1(m): 1:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
chineloSA:

silly PEOPLE

I see some of you playing the messiah/ saviour card. If you are saying Nigeria helped SA during apartheid, it was not Nigeria exclusively. Russia, Zambia ( immensely ), Mozambique, Botswana, Zimbabwe, those were the major players.
Don't come with "" We helped SA crap""

By the way all the above mentioned people did not help SA, they help the ANC, so go ask the ANC to pay the debt owed to NIGERIA.
Not all SAfricans are ANC, there was IFP, AZAPO, PAC, NP etc., which I do not think you help and who also fought against apartheid, who doesn't owed anyone a dime.

SA's apartheid ended because there was mounting international pressure and sanctions not because of ANGEL NIGERIA.

Even if NIGERIA was the messiah ( Lord help Nigeria ),does that mean that they should not follow the policies and rules of the country they helped?

Zambia ( Kenneth Kaunda )  was the biggest player against apartheid, but you never her Zambians demanding things or the impossible for the fact that they help against apartheid.

This is not Xenophobia, its just plain protocol

Let DSTV, MTN, Shoprite and the likes go back to SA, SAfrican government does not own a stake in those companies, lets see who will be affected.

Legit Yellow card or NO ENTRY period.

Take Five jare. cool
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Tropilo(m): 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2012
Wait o! Was it not d South African president that raped a HIV carrier woman and said he took his bath immediately after his silly act? Has he done his HIV test?
Pls like some reasonable guys pointed out in this fora. Lets promote and support our own.
For those who said its impossible to take over a coy of another nationality should also know that FIRST BANK, UNION BANK, AP were British coys and were taken over by Nigerian govt because of this same South Africa when we helped them fight against aparthy in no distant past. Nigerian govt gave ANC 100m USD to contest d elections Mandela won. Even gave scholarship to all black SA's to university level. Talking of hands that bites its feeder!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Resurgent Niger Delta Republic- Igbo Viewpoint / Ras Kimono: Governor Okowa Reacts To Death Of Reggae Icon / Amotekun Begins Recruitment In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.