Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked (11230 Views)

El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa / FG, India In Diplomatic Row Over Nigerian’s Death / Nigerians Still Que For South Africa's Visa Despite The Diplomatic Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2012
Beyond the issue of having anything to loose, we need to show SA that they cannot treat Nigerians in a shaby manner and get away with it. The last case of Yellow fever was in 1995, how come only Nigerians have to produce the vaccination. Do they ask Americans for yellow fever vaccine.

My suggestion is the following. Since we know that South Africa has the highest rates of HIV and STDs, all South Africans coming into Nigeria should produce a test result showing they are HIV negative. They should also produce test results showing they do not have Gonorrhea, Syphillis and other STDs.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Arosa(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2012
Tropilo:

Wait o! Was it not d South African president that violated a HIV carrier woman and said he took his bath immediately after his silly act? Has he done his HIV test?
Pls like some reasonable guys pointed out in this fora. Lets promote and support our own.
For those who said its impossible to take over a coy of another nationality should also know that FIRST BANK, UNION BANK, AP were British coys and were taken over by Nigerian govt because of this same South Africa when we helped them fight against aparthy in no distant past. Nigerian govt gave ANC 100m USD to contest d elections Mandela won. Even gave scholarship to all black SA's to university level. Talking of hands that bites its feeder!

Don't mind the mumu, they don't know Nigerian history. Ironically one of the reason Naija took over the likes of BP is cos of SA. That is how Naija forced the west to end Apartheid SA.  undecided
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by chineloSA(f): 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nashville:

Beyond the issue of having anything to loose, we need to show SA that they cannot treat Nigerians in a shaby manner and get away with it. The last case of Yellow fever was in 1995, how come only Nigerians have to produce the vaccination. Do they ask Americans for yellow fever vaccine.

My suggestion is the following. Since we know that South Africa has the highest rates of HIV and STDs, all South Africans coming into Nigeria should produce a test result showing they are HIV negative. They should also produce test results showing they do not have Gonorrhea, Syphillis and other STDs.

The only reason why you think Nigeria is better than SA regarding HIV it that SA record their statistics, us Nigeria we do not test regularly and therefore we cannot produce clear and indicative statistics. But not that NIGERIA is healthier, wake up and put on your intelligence glasses.

You listen and support politicians playing their political cards and political vendettas, who will suffer at the end? Your average Nigerian.

They have money to flight to the same SA or other foreign countries for medical attention, shopping etc., who works at MTN and Shoprite, is it their children
NO, Its an average Nigerian.

Not that us Nigerians we cant do it for ourselves, we can, but those that could, did they do it
NO.
So let those who can reduce unemployment, and also bring development.

I CRY FOR NIGERIA, when we are busy supporting our leaders with their political vendettas and not push them to do their jobs.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by RSA(m): 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2012
One thing that I agree with most Nigerians here is that we must both close our Shops on each other.

Nigeria must take over all those white South African owned companies and South Africa must kick out each and every Nigerian from our country.And we will all leave happily after.

Mtn operates in more 22 countries world
Multichoice is in more than 30 African state and have print media house all over the world.
Shoprite is in most African countries
Massmart that owns Markro,Games and other are operating accross,and they're now being bought by Walmart.
SABMiller is the biggest brewer in the world
Group five is operating all over the world and dominate in Africa

All this companies are making a good profit in SADC which has the population of over 277 million.

http://www.sadc.int/english/regional-integration/tifi/investment/about-sadc/socio-economic-indicators/population/

Take over those white South African companies that invested in your country when no other nation dare to.The only international companies that did business with you where oil and gas companies for obvious reason.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2012
chineloSA:

The only reason why you think Nigeria is better than SA regarding HIV it that SA record their statistics, us Nigeria we do not test regularly and therefore we cannot produce clear and indicative statistics. But not that NIGERIA is healthier, wake up and put on your intelligence glasses.

You listen and support politicians playing their political cards and political vendettas, who will suffer at the end? Your average Nigerian.

They have money to flight to the same SA or other foreign countries for medical attention, shopping etc., who works at MTN and Shoprite, is it their children
NO, Its an average Nigerian.

Not that us Nigerians we cant do it for ourselves, we can, but those that could, did they do it
NO.
So let those who can reduce unemployment, and also bring development.

I CRY FOR NIGERIA, when we are busy supporting our leaders with their political vendettas and not push them to do their jobs.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Statistics about HIV are conducted by international agencies who visit countries all over (including Nigeria) and use a sample to estimate the percentage of people living with a disease. Their figures are credible and if you have been following international politics you will remember a South African President saying HIV is not the cause of AIDs and AIDs is not caused by intercourse.

On the business side, the money to build the Palms and other Shopping centres where Shoprite operates was not provided by South Africans, it wsa provided by Actis and other Nigerian Investors. Shoprite is just a brand who are making millions in Nigeria. They themselves recently said they can have upto 270 Shoprites in Nigeria, so if they leave, they have the most to loose because other brands will take their place.

And yes we can kick MTN out of Nigeria and they will loose the most. Phone companies all over are begging to come into Nigeria and besides we already have Globacom that operates within and outside Nigeria so what makes you think we need any South Africans to run a phone company. Wake up - we have the population and resources. Even though our leaders are corrupt and thieves, the least they can do is to send a messae to those pompous South Africans that they have no right to treat us like dirt and if they do, we will fight back. I am sure if you were one of those deported you will feel differently!
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Dyamante(f): 2:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
I really dont see what S.A has to lose compared to the thousands of nigerians living and studying in their country stand to lose over such a petty matter.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
^^^ The people studying move funds from Nigeria to SA. Their companies operating here also repatriate funds from Nigeria to SA right? So who loses?
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by RSA(m): 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nashville:

Statistics about HIV are conducted by international agencies who visit countries all over (including Nigeria) and use a sample to estimate the percentage of people living with a disease. Their figures are credible and if you have been following international politics you will remember a South African President saying HIV is not the cause of AIDs and AIDs is not caused by intercourse.

On the business side, the money to build the Palms and other Shopping centres where Shoprite operates was not provided by South Africans, it wsa provided by Actis and other Nigerian Investors. Shoprite is just a brand who are making millions in Nigeria. They themselves recently said they can have upto 270 Shoprites in Nigeria, so if they leave, they have the most to loose because other brands will take their place.

And yes we can kick MTN out of Nigeria and they will loose the most. Phone companies all over are begging to come into Nigeria and besides we already have Globacom that operates within and outside Nigeria so what makes you think we need any South Africans to run a phone company. Wake up - we have the population and resources. Even though our leaders are corrupt and thieves, the least they can do is to send a messae to those pompous South Africans that they have no right to treat us like dirt and if they do, we will fight back. I am sure if you were one of those deported you will feel differently!

From a country that cannot have 24 hours of uninterrupted power supply.So much for boasting.

Ps, This issue is not even making news in South Africa,I'm getting all my update here.That is how important it is for South Africa.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2012
RSA:

From a country that cannot have 24 hours of uninterrupted power supply.So much for boasting.

Ps, This issue is not even making news in South Africa,I'm getting all my update here.That is how important it is for South Africa.

It is not making news because they are used to doing it and getting away with it, after all, they think Nigerians are docile. The fact that we cannot generate 24hrs power supply does not mean people should treat us like criminals.

I can't just imagine if I told took my family of a vacation to SA only to be deported because I do not have Yellow fever vaccine. I cant even imagine how I will feel. I have travelled all around the world and no country has ever asked me for Yellow Fever Vaccine, so why South Africa? Such an insult!
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by chineloSA(f): 3:04pm On Mar 07, 2012
Does your statistics tell you how ofen Nigerian  test?

Nashville:

We have not been able to provide better health care, constant electricity supply, infrastructure ( roads etc ) and you think a Nigerian business man can manage +200 SHOPRITE??
Hahahahahahaha, I don laugh, I am acting.

If I lack the required documents, I would deserve deportation, period.

For a country that exports crude oil, our petrol prices are far way expensive then countries that do not have oil.

Mceeeewwwwww.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by OneNaira6: 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2012
This has got to be the dumbest move by Nigerians. In other to hurt SA, you want to hurt yourself.

who is it going to affect? Nigerian workers or South African workers.

Most South African company in Nigeria are big companies whom are found all of Africa. Removing them from Nigeria would put a dent in their wallet no doubt but not enough to hurt them. In the end, the Nigerian worker that worked for those companies loses

Good jump on the plan Nigerians. undecided tongue
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by RSA(m): 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nashville:

It is not making news because they are used to doing it and getting away with it, after all, they think Nigerians are docile. The fact that we cannot generate 24hrs power supply does not mean people should treat us like criminals.

I can't just imagine if I told took my family of a vacation to SA only to be deported because I do not have Yellow fever vaccine. I cant even imagine how I will feel. I have travelled all around the world and no country has ever asked me for Yellow Fever Vaccine, so why South Africa? Such an insult!

I understand but you're going about it the wrong way.Taking over South African privately own companies is not the solution.And it is not only Nigerians who where targeted,most countries in Africa and and as far as Argentina where targeted.Belief me is not SA and Naija issue.There are other citizen that where affected
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by dwyseone(m): 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2012
They are just bunch of ingrates, this is a country that Nigeria in her brotherliness, spent fortune on, to fight apartheid, same with Nigerian musicians who turned musical soldiers just to librate these HIV infested nation from the hands of their oppressors now turning around to insult us.  South Africa or what do they call it is no better than Nigeria, save for bad and visionless leadership in Nigeria, they are neck dip into corruption, human rights violation, and mostly depend on Nigeria to sell most of their Goods on the continent.  Every reasonable Nigerian should support the FG and the lawmakers at least this once, till this ungrateful set of humans apologise and make amends; awon alaimore, eranko lasan lasan. angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by RSA(m): 3:16pm On Mar 07, 2012
dwyseone:

They are just bunch of ingrates, this is a country that Nigeria in her brotherliness, spent fortune on, to fight apartheid, same with Nigerian musicians who turned musical soldiers just to librate these HIV infested nation from the hands of their oppressors now turning around to insult us. South Africa or what do they call it is no better than Nigeria, save for bad and visionless leadership in Nigeria, they are neck dip into corruption, human rights violation, and mostly depend on Nigeria to sell most of their Goods on the continent. Every reasonable Nigerian should support the FG and the lawmakers at least this once, till this ungrateful set of humans apologise and make amends; awon alaimore, eranko lasan lasan. angry angry angry angry

Please stop with this bedside stories It's getting boring now.Do you know Bantu Biko?
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Dyamante(f): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
Oh well,i think its a very silly spat, But honestly it is like naija leaders do not want to see the nigerians in the diaspora doing well because they are not doing this because they want justice for the nigerians involved but to satisfy their own egos because one of their own was involved and im sure it would have gone unnoticed had that senator not been part of those deported,
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by bittyend(m): 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
Phuck South Africa and their HIV/AIDS infested country!!

The only thing I rate about the hell hole called SA is that they gave us STEVEN BANTU BIKO!!

And phuck Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu as well - the two senile old men are still getting raped by Europeans, though they're closer to the grave than ever grin
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by bittyend(m): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2012
Oh, South Africa - LAND OF THE MIDGETS!!!

Oh, South Africa - LAND RAVAGED WITH HIV/AIDS!!!

Oh, South Africa - THE WEAKEST BLACK PEOPLE ON THE AFRICAN CONTINENT - AND THEY'RE STILL SLAVES TO EUROPEANS!!!

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by RSA(m): 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
bittyend:

Oh, South Africa - LAND OF THE MIDGETS!!!

Oh, South Africa - LAND RAVAGED WITH HIV/AIDS!!!

Oh, South Africa - THE WEAKEST BLACK PEOPLE ON THE AFRICAN CONTINENT - AND THEY'RE STILL SLAVES TO EUROPEANS!!!

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

grin grin grin grin
I wish I could see your face grin
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by dabrake(m): 3:26pm On Mar 07, 2012
now dinho is growing balls. this is how he should be acting. crush any bone that encroaches our dignity
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by nagoma(m): 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2012
“South Africa does not have a monopoly of deportation as they should not take our friendly business environment for granted.

The truth and what everybody knows is that these yellow cards " The international certificate of vaccination" are openly sold at the MMI Airport Lagos and other airports in Nigeria all signed and stamped. Very few people indeed go for the actual vaccination, because - ready made cards are available and affordable , sold by government officers in charge . This is the same with our driving license , court affidavits and a significant proportion of university degrees and other qualification documents. The most shameful part of it is all these threats of fire and brimstone when we know that we are tending towars being a criminal nation and a world pariah. There is no difference between this case and James  Ibori's coviction. A large proportion of suspected persons tried in Nigeria for political issues and financial crimes "and discharged and acquitted" by Nigeria courts would be found guilty, even by courts in countries considered less developed. We want to be respected in the world but we hate to live according to the rule of law.
I would want South Africa to  call Nigeria's bluff and not to budge in this saga; South Africa would be helping us just as the UK court helped us by convicting Ibori and thus exposing our short comings and injustice. The senate is just scratching the surface and as usual refusing to address the real issues. To talk about monopoly of deportation is just evasive and childish.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
I have never used MTN and Multilinks Telkom but have used all networks available.Today, MTN tariff is the highestn do the maths and see. They stopped Globacom from launching in South Africa because their govt has a stake in MTN. Inavariably developing their country with the repatriated funds from Nigeria! Nigerians, not just the govt, should frustrate them. They cannot survive these days without Nigeria. Unfortunately, we were at the forefront during the apartheid era. Ingrates.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2012
chineloSA:

Does your statistics tell you how ofen Nigerian  test?

We have not been able to provide better health care, constant electricity supply, infrastructure ( roads etc ) and you think a Nigerian business man can manage +200 SHOPRITE??
Hahahahahahaha, I don laugh, I am acting.

If I lack the required documents, I would deserve deportation, period.
For a country that exports crude oil, our petrol prices are far way expensive then countries that do not have oil.

Mceeeewwwwww.

And the standard immigration documents for South Africans travelling to Nigeria should include HIV and other STD tests. This should start with their president who have 6 wives and once said he took a both after doing XXXX without protection. What a fool, a complete nincompoop.

And yes, if we kick out all those corrupt South African countries from our soil, the biggest loosers will be South African investors. For too long, they have cheated Nigeria. They earn so much money from Nigeria and still refuse to list on our Stock exchanges rather repatraiting all the funds back to South Africa. Na our government I blame but it is about time it all ended. From now on, it should be do me I do you
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Dyamante(f): 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2012
I agree with you nagoma,all im seeing here is just empty threats, Trust me,we tried such a stunt with Dubai and we ended up begging on our knees,point is you cannot compete with S.A although they may be cocky pricks, Nigeria may be endowed with wealth,but with this kind of mentality you wont go far
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by bittyend(m): 3:36pm On Mar 07, 2012
I wish I could see your face

Are you dumb, you phucking midget What are you gonna do if you see my face

Yo, I'll knock SA out of your HIV ridden body - don't play that bs with me. Imagine a SA dude talking tough, when Ibo men run your country GTFOH.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by bittyend(m): 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2012
Trust me,we tried such a stunt with Dubai

STFU!! What has Dubai has to offer Nigeria - if not for homeless people like you running to shit holes around the world, all in the name of "greener pastures."

WTF are you doing in Kenya any ways?? You left Nigeria for a shit hole called Kenya - so other Nigerians should now start worshiping you, huh?? GTFOH!!

Dubai offers Nigeria nada, apart from corrupt people that go over to waste their stolen billions.

Phuck Dubai, Kenya and South Africa - they're are shit holes!!!
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Dyamante(f): 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2012
@bitty end Yo have you ever been outside your village lteave alone nigeria?because you sound very ignorant right now. And that kenya you're calling poo is way better than that shit hole called nigeria, Please go get an education first before you come feeding me bullshit you asswipe!
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by RSA(m): 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2012
dayohope1:

They stopped Globacom from launching in South Africa because their govt has a stake in MTN. Inavariably developing their country with the repatriated funds from Nigeria!

Its a lie!! blue and white lie! Goverment have no share in MTN.

dayohope1:

They cannot survive these days without Nigeria. Unfortunately, we were at the forefront during the apartheid era. Ingrates.

Nigeria is the second biggest trade partner of South Africa,Our number one is Zimbabwe.And others are not far.We definately dont rely on your country bro!
I have no idea what your country did for South Africa during apaartheid,maybe you housed Mbeki and his friends in one of your villas,we thank you for that.If you're talking about money,then go and ask IBB,OBJ,Shakara and the rest,they chop your money'o and dey say they give for South Africa,its a lie.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by RSA(m): 3:58pm On Mar 07, 2012
bittyend:

Are you dumb, you phucking midget What are you gonna do if you see my face

Yo, I'll knock SA out of your HIV ridden body - don't play that bs with me. Imagine a SA dude talking tough, when Ibo men run your country GTFOH.

Talking tough behind your computer screen does not help bro! You say a IBO men run my country? grin And why are they deporting their own grin
I dey laugh in IgboHauYorub grin grin
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by bittyend(m): 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
@bitty end Yo have you ever been outside your village lteave alone nigeria?because you sound very ignorant right now. And that kenya you're calling poo is way better than that poo hole called nigeria,  Please go get an education first before you come feeding me bullshit you asswipe!

Listen Bytch, only a village slumdog like you will leave Nigeria for a shyte hole called Kenya - with those stone age looking mau mau people, and talk down on Nigeria.

Yeah, I'm in my village in London; and we own a village family house in VGC expensive enough to buy all your mud houses in Kenya GTFOH, The nerve of muthaphucking Kenya of all places.

You Kenyans need to sort out all your ugly looking athletes you bring to the olympics - they're an eyesore.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by OneNaira6: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
RSA:

Its a lie!! blue and white lie! Goverment have no share in MTN.

Nigeria is the second biggest trade partner of South Africa,Our number one is Zimbabwe.And others are not far.We definately dont rely on your country bro!
I have no idea what your country did for South Africa during apaartheid,maybe you housed Mbeki and his friends in one of your villas,we thank you for that.If you're talking about money,then go and ask IBB,OBJ,Shakara and the rest,they chop your money'o and dey say they give for South Africa,its a lie.

This is actually incorrect. It is all good, many Africans do not know how much Nigeria helped them during their time of need. Nigerians did provide SA money during apartheid, not just the government, citizen did so as well. One story mother told me was when she was younger, she remember giving half of her school lunch money to the principal everyday and she wasn't alone, every student did so too, not out of demand but out of their own heart, the students counted the money until it high enough and together with the principal they mailed the money to many charities in SA favoring the blacks. Once they mailed the money, the collection starts all over again

You should read this
http://africadefensejournal./2012/02/10/south-africa-praises-nigerian-military-for-its-apartheid-era-help/
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Dyamante(f): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
So its true what they say,you can take the man outta the village but not the village outta the man huh? Bitch keep talking big behind that screen of yours!!and what exactly do you do in london,working at starbucks huh?
Keep talking those athletes are making millions while you continue scamming people and drug trafficking if its not mopping floors & washing toilets over there
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Dyamante(f): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2012
So its true what they say,you can take the man outta the village but not the village outta the man huh? Bitch keep talking big behind that screen of yours!!and what exactly do you do in london,working at starbucks huh?
Keep talking those athletes are making millions while you continue scamming people and drug trafficking if its not mopping floors & washing toilets over there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others / Phillip Effiong Jnr On Biafra...bbc / Senate Considers 32 Constitutional Amendments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.